Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

IIRC, Enoch said that they'd park behind a quiet moon for the ~80 years, but nobody other than Enoch knows which specific system. Certainly the finale implies that much, with Simmons heading off into the cosmos on something of a wild goose chase. Fitz is alive, but it's entirely possible Jemma won't ever find this moon in her lifetime (obviously this is dependent on Season 6's direction, whether the actors would want to return etc. etc.).

Why would it be another system.
    Sol system has enough moons, he's around Jupiter or Saturn I imagine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah it's only what I vaguely remember, that they parked outside Sol to better hide from prying eyes. It could well have been one of Jupiter's moons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You'd think it would've come up in conversation at some point which moon he was near. It's not something they need to belabour.

There'd be a lot of searching and a lot of travel even if they know the moon.

Ah yeah, but either way the whole plot's obvious 'last episode' wriggle-room to allow the possibility that Fitz-Simmons won't return for Season 6. Unlikely, but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,403 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gbear wrote: »
    You'd think it would've come up in conversation at some point which moon he was near. It's not something they need to belabour.

There'd be a lot of searching and a lot of travel even if they know the moon.

I thought Enoch said he ordered a chronicon and would orbit a planet hidden from Earth until it was time. It would have been strange if he was overly specific.

It also wouldnt suprise me if something happens naturally to let Enoch know things have changed if they want a quicker solution.

Enoch was awake, I'm sure the Earth not shattering will be known

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Penn wrote: »
    He collapsed on the Zephyr and it took YoYo superspeed-CPRing him to bring him back. It's given him a bit more time (like they said, a few days or weeks), but it pulled him back from the edge of death enough (then likely coupled with meds from Simmons) to give him that extra time.
    superspeed-CPRing?? how would that help? and why didn't Simmons give him these meds before he got out of bed the first time?

superspeed-CPRing?? how would that help? and why didn't Simmons give him these meds before he got out of bed the first time?

Because he was meant to take the centipede serum, why would she expect him to need anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Because he was meant to take the centipede serum, why would she expect him to need anything else
    superspeed-CPRing?? doesn't she know it supposed to be done to the beat of staying alive?

• Advertisement

superspeed-CPRing?? doesn't she know it supposed to be done to the beat of staying alive?

Right, so a superspeed woman with bionic hands is working on a man who was brought back to life, using alien blood and brain reconstruction, after being skewered by the Norse god of mischief's magic stoned scepter.... And yoy draw the line at the pump speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I reckon along with Clark Gregg not returning Ian DeC is the next most likely not to return. He is the most serious of the lot and has a film coming out so may not want to return part time or full time so lost in space is a good way to solve that issue but leave it open for some return.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well, I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing the superspeed-CPR may have acted like a defibrillator of sorts, enough to shock his heart back into life. As for the meds, they likely wouldn't have worked at the stage Coulson was at when he was at death's door at the start of the episode, but now that he's been pulled back from that, the meds might be able to keep him stable enough for a few days or weeks.

Plus, Coulson spent a lot of the last few episodes off-base. He was in Hydra's base for a while, then on the alien ship. He probably wasn't given the opportunity to take his pills with him.

Besides, he's a man who was brought back to life before using alien chemistry and the thing that was causing him to die now was also alien chemistry. There is no real full logic behind what was happening to him. I don't think it detracted from any of it though or was seriously out of place.

polydactyl wrote: »
    I reckon along with Clark Gregg not returning Ian DeC is the next most likely not to return. He is the most serious of the lot and has a film coming out so may not want to return part time or full time so lost in space is a good way to solve that issue but leave it open for some return.

I think they'll both return. It's a short season, they can both take on smaller roles (eg. Coulson only back for a few episodes, and maybe it takes them a few episodes to track down Fitz too) and it's almost definitely the final season which they've been part of since the start of the show. I think they'll both see it through in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well, I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing the superspeed-CPR may have acted like a defibrillator of sorts, enough to shock his heart back into life. As for the meds, they likely wouldn't have worked at the stage Coulson was at when he was at death's door at the start of the episode, but now that he's been pulled back from that, the meds might be able to keep him stable enough for a few days or weeks.

Defibrillators stop your heart fibrillating, which is an irregular beat. They do that by stopping your heart completely.

CPR maintains the pump going in a stopped heart, keeping blood flowing to your lungs, brain, etc, so you don't die.

In either case I think the hope is that the heart starts again spontaneously.

I can't imagine pumping faster would do much good, but maybe it would. I'm not a doctor either.

It's a silly show. Best not to dwell on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I would have thought pumping faster would have been dangerous as you could give high blood pressure.

This said, it is a TV show and I give it the dramatic license it required.

The Fitz thing is interesting but what concerns me is Simmons attitude, this is not the man she married, like it or not.

Farscape spoiler:
    It reminds me of that cracking storyline in Farscape where John doubles himself exactly, no difference, and one stays Aeryn and the other doesn't. And just like SHIELD, the one who stays and gets together with Aeryn dies. The other loves Aeryn but to Aeryn, he is not the man she married.In SHIELD, he has not had a mental break again, been made unseperable from his wife, made the sacrifices to save her, put it all on the line etc. He would have been but he will now never be that person. It is an insult to the older Fitz if she just takes him back.

Thankfully that won't happen as younger fitz will come out and be a bit, WTF, we are not married. It could be a great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So the first episode of Season 6 started filming yesterday, and the episode is titled
    Missing Pieces
    Clark Gregg
    is directing said episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

MUST NOT CHECK SPOILERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So the first episode of Season 6 started filming yesterday, and the episode is titled
    Missing Pieces
    Clark Gregg
    is directing said episode.

All the cast
    minus Clark Gregg (take from that what you will)
    are at comic-con this weekend so I doubt filming started yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Foxtrol wrote: »
    All the cast
    minus Clark Gregg (take from that what you will)
    are at comic-con this weekend so I doubt filming started yesterday.

Think they were only there yesterday for an
    autograph signing
    , haven't seen anything mentioned about
    them doing a panel

So they could've started filming yesterday,
    hopped on a jet from wherever the show's filmed to San Diego, then back to filming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Think they were only there yesterday for an
    autograph signing
    , haven't seen anything mentioned about
    them doing a panel

So they could've started filming yesterday,
    hopped on a jet from wherever the show's filmed to San Diego, then back to filming

They've been posting Instagram stories all weekend about their trips to get to San Diego (Chloe Bennett there since the first day due to her role in Marvel rising), their hotel rooms there, meeting up with the other cast, photo shoots, that signing etc. Don't know where they fit in filming in with that.

I did read that they're starting production soon which is weird seeing it isn't back until next summer and even then has a shortened run. They were filming the season just gone right up until near the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I did read that they're starting production soon which is weird seeing it isn't back until next summer and even then has a shortened run. They were filming the season just gone right up until near the end of the season.

Maybe they are filming it early so cast members have extra time to work on other projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sorry I'm late, the show isn't worth torrenting anymore so I've been following at E4 pace. Finalé was last night.
    Are we expecting more paradox headaches with an attempt to defrost the Fitz bound for the future early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe i missed it, but what happened Fitz?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

He died.

flazio wrote: »
    Sorry I'm late, the show isn't worth torrenting anymore so I've been following at E4 pace. Finalé was last night.
    Are we expecting more paradox headaches with an attempt to defrost the Fitz bound for the future early?

He died. But, the Fitz who froze himself earlier in the season in order to get to the future is still frozen out in space somewhere. So the AoS are going to try find him and wake him up, because by stopping Talbot and changing the future, they now know that they're not stuck in a time loop. Though it does mean that when they do find Fitz, he'll have no memory of the stuff that happened from when they were in the future and came back (including Deke being their grandson, marrying Gemma and turning all Dr.Leopold for a while).

So it won't/shouldn't cause a paradox.

He died. But, the Fitz who froze himself earlier in the season in order to get to the future is still frozen out in space somewhere. So the AoS are going to try find him and wake him up, because by stopping Talbot and changing the future, they now know that they're not stuck in a time loop. Though it does mean that when they do find Fitz, he'll have no memory of the stuff that happened from when they were in the future and came back (including Deke being their grandson, marrying Gemma and turning all Dr.Leopold for a while).

So it won't/shouldn't cause a paradox.

Yeah no there'll be no paradox, they had a spare Fitz and it was that one that died.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I really think they could do a great story there, I have said it before, we are influenced by the stories around us, he hasn't went through what the other Fitz went through, so he is in essence a different man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah no there'll be no paradox, they had a spare Fitz and it was that one that died.

So only seen what was originally going to be the last episode of the series tonight. Must say I enjoyed it and though it was very good.
    The fitz being frozen bit was confusing do as had forgotten about him freezing himself to go to the future. So if that is the case how did the fitz that died get to the future if Fitz was never taking from the bar with all the rest of them that ended up on the lighthouse that was floating in space as a prison?
    Anyone think that Talbot is not dead yet even do he is now floating in space or is that really the end of him?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    So only seen what was originally going to be the last episode of the series tonight. Must say I enjoyed it and though it was very good.
    The fitz being frozen bit was confusing do as had forgotten about him freezing himself to go to the future. So if that is the case how did the fitz that died get to the future if Fitz was never taking from the bar with all the rest of them that ended up on the lighthouse that was floating in space as a prison?
    Anyone think that Talbot is not dead yet even do he is now floating in space or is that really the end of him?

FrozoFitz got to the future simply by being frozen by Enoch and just waiting that long until Enoch defrosted him again. (Think of him becoming "Future Fitz" once he defrosts.)

With this Future Fitz then coming back with everyone through the White Monolith we ended up with two Fitz's in the now.

Both the "Future Fitz" who came back through the monolith, married Jemma, met his grandson etc., and the "original" FrozoFritz just chilling in space with Enoch.

Advertisement