Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

In all fairness I don't think Simmons could have survived on that barren planet without someone else's help and the NASA equipment was real. I don't have any doubts he was real. A real Startrek type episode and the best of this season so far. Only question is why did Simmons take two episodes to tell the others about the planet and her need to get back there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Foxtrol wrote: »
    They’ve never explained how/why the monolith is so dangerous to the inhumans, so much so that they were trying to destroy it. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the planet or ‘death creature’ than the monolith itself, as it only had hurt Daisy when it was open. I’m guessing that’ll be the tie in to the greater story, whether the creature gets through or some sort of infection comes through with Will that turns inhumans crazy like the astronauts (more damage by special powered people in the lead into Civil War).

My guess is that creature hunts inhumans normally, and was sent through the portal long ago by other inhumans. That was kinda foreshadowed by Will saying he thought that "this place was a paradise at one stage", until something happened.

I'd say that Will will be killed by the monster, they'll manage to bring the monster back to earth, and then he's unleashed on the inhumans. It would also clear the way for Fitz and Simmons to get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

duridian wrote: »
    Was really hoping when ATCU strike team guys were left with Daisy and Mack, and they started questioning the range of her abilities versus their backup team of snipers, that she was gonna vaporise their weapons or something like that.

My Simmons planet theory: I think Jemma wasn't the only one trapped on that planet after being taken there by a portal stone, and that she wants to go back and rescue the others who probably helped her to survive there. They possibly are imprisoned somewhere on the planet and she somehow escaped, which is why she was being hunted.

Called it!! :-D

Great job by Elizabeth Henstridge in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'm expecting Apple to start using this episode now in their advertising campaigns to demonstrate how long their battery lasts.

I didnt think it was an apple phone, thought it was generic non existent smartphone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

youngblood wrote: »
    I didnt think it was an apple phone, thought it was generic non existent smartphone.....

That's what I assumed as well. Did it look very like an iPhone or something? My first thought when she was using the phone was "Are you crazy?! Stop using the phone before it dies!" considering it's a miracle if my android phone battery lasts more than a day. When it kept not dying I just assumed that it must be some kind of magic Stark tech or, apparently, Fitz tech.

Is it weird that I find alien planets that have breathable air, a water supply and fish that are totally edible completely believable but have a phone with a decent battery life and I'm like, "This is so implausible."

By the way, LOVED this episode so much, favourite of the season so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assumed iPhone. I don't have one but it looked like any I've seen with that round button with a square on it at the bottom and the cracked screen. :) And the number of times she watched video and made voice records really wouldn't help the battery either. But, yeah, she mentioned Fitz boosted it as well to explain away that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

CastorTroy wrote: »

Though dunno how Angie from Agent Carter will react to find her boyfriend being with Simmons.
    huh, oh right, its Sean Pierce from Nikita

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

CatInABox wrote: »
    My guess is that creature hunts inhumans normally, and was sent through the portal long ago by other inhumans. That was kinda foreshadowed by Will saying he thought that "this place was a paradise at one stage", until something happened.

I'd say that Will will be killed by the monster, they'll manage to bring the monster back to earth, and then he's unleashed on the inhumans. It would also clear the way for Fitz and Simmons to get together.

don't we already have something that hunts and kills inhumans in the show already, i thought Death refferred to one of the movie big bads, interesting we only say a cloak and a spacesuit

this was a TV The Martian

It looked like the creature was possessing one of the dead astronauts at the end of the epsiode so I presume they will rescue a dead and possessed Will and then the creature will infiltrate Shield and start picking off the inhumans they locate. The monolith did seem a very complicated way to kill inhumans- it just randomly opens every few months.

Obviously River was in the suit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It looked like the creature was possessing one of the dead astronauts at the end of the epsiode so I presume they will rescue a dead and possessed Will and then the creature will infiltrate Shield and start picking off the inhumans they locate.

It was appearing as the individual saw it. Gemma saw an astronaut because she wanted to believe that someone was coming for will ("It'll show you anything you want"). She originally saw a cloaked figure because Will had warned her that it was Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will spoiler the following, just in case

Minor sidenote, Powers Boothe character on the show,
    will be the same character he portrayed in The Avengers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

First thoughts: Wow that was a great episode, my favourite of the entire show. Simmons can really carry the episode by herself and Will is very likeable.

Second thoughts: Actually it doesn't quite make sense. Why was Simmons in such a state of terror when she came back. Why did she wake up wielding a shiv? According to this episode, her last 5 months on the planet were fairly safe in the bunker. Her last day was spent getting ready to watch the sunrise and drinking manky wine with a man who is her her friend and lover. - Sure she'd be upset to have lost him during the rescue but she wouldn't have been half catatonic with PTSD, she'd have just immediately told Coulson that there is a NASA astronaut trapped on the planet and convinced him to let her work on a rescue plan for him.

So I don't think Gemma's story is the actual truth. I think that it's what she believes is true on the surface but on a deeper level knows to be false, hence the shiv and the trauma. And the extended scene of her running from a hunter in the first episode compared to the shorter version of that chase in the story she told Fitz. Then there are other things that don't add up. She left her necklace on the rocks as a sign to Fitz/a SHIELD rescue party but is seen putting it on ahead of the sunrise, yet she isn't wearing it when she is rescued. Someone on another forum realised that all of Will's astronaut team were named after tv/movie astronauts, even Will (who isn't given a surname) shares the name with a character quite famous for being Lost in Space. And who's name is best know when preceded by 'danger.' Which made me realise that Will's mission involved astronauts and a monolith in 2001. Maybe that's all just a little in joke from the writers, or maybe it's a sign that a character who's dream object if stranded would be a TARDIS (ie familiar with popular sci-fi) was psychically manipulated by a creature intent on using her to get off planet and her subconscious was trying to let her know that she was in danger.

There were enough hints throughout the episode that a person's own memories couldn't be trusted as the creature could supposedly show you what you wanted to see and Gemma repeatedly told Will that what he believed he had experienced was likely a delusion brought about by his circumstance. The reality is probably a bit of both and Will and the creature are one and were manipulating Gemma or Will is the bad one and the creature was trying to save her.

The first thing SHIELD needs to do is access NASA data on the 2001 mission and find out if it actually happened. Which was what I thought Fitz was doing at the end. Though I suspect that SHIELD will rescue Will and he will be the real big bad for this season.

I thought Fitz was looking up the NASA database as well to show Gemma that the astronaut was found dead years before or something.

But now I'm liking your theory though I doubt they'll go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Could it possibly be, and i'm half with ye, that even though Will is this demon and has her thinking that's he's real, but when she woke up back on Earth, she was no longer "under the spell" of that demon, and that's why she initially was freaked, because she was free of it, and her real feelings came back. Since then, she's been thinking about Will, and still believes it's true?

iguana wrote: »
    First thoughts: Wow that ......// that SHIELD will rescue Will and he will be the real big bad for this season.

Some of the ideas you mention here are I think quite brilliant, and, if the show goes along those lines, could make for some very interesting storylines.

I especially like what you said about the emphasis that was placed on the "evil" showing someone what they wanted to see and Jemma's account and memories of the planet being all a sham planted by said "evil".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really good call on who was Lash from that poster a few pages back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was thinking there might be another twist on it,
    instead of andrew turning into lash, lash is able to turn into any human. maybe he kidnapped\killed the real andrew.
    see what happens.

I really hope that May tells the rest of the team and not keep the truth to herself. She may learn what the ATC are doing with the metahumans and have second thoughts. I am annoyed that Hunter wa suggesting that they not try to bring Will back from the alien planet just because he would be competition for Simmons affections. I hope they don't have Fitz agreeing with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I sure thought that that episode sucked.

Direction, script, acting.
    Everything just felt like a big block of cheese.

It's normally a bit comic-bookey, obviously, but they went a bit arseways this week some reason.

Telegraphed the Lash reveal a bit as well.

If someone important dies off screen then they're obviously fine, and being a giant hedgehog monster was one of the few ways he could've survived the explosion.

It looks like they're setting up one of those irritating TV misunderstanding things where everyone has to temporarily lose their brains to engineer some drama from their misunderstanding with Coulson "not looking horrified enough".

They found new depths of drama for the show with the Simmons and Fitz in recent weeks so this fairly stupid episode was a bit jarring.

• Advertisement

Interesting theory Optimus.
    I have a sub-theory based on your theory.
    I like your idea that it's not Andrew turning into Lash, but Lash turning into Andrew as a disguise. I think the "Death" creature on Simmons' planet and this version of Lash are both the same kind of Inhuman, namely shapeshifting killers, who can assume the form of anyone.
    There could also be some kind of connection to Kree religious zealotry or something of that ilk (a la Ronan the Accuser in GotG) who are the enemy of the Inhumans, and at war with them, but have managed to "reprogram" a particular type of Inhuman to work against the other Inhumans by tracking them down and killing them for the Kree.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Really good call on who was Lash from that poster a few pages back.

Why thank you Kind Sir! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

I was thinking there might be another twist on it,
    instead of andrew turning into lash, lash is able to turn into any human. maybe he kidnapped\killed the real andrew.
    see what happens.

I was thinking this too but
    why hasn't he killed Daisy yet? He had a few opportunities to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

macslash wrote: »
    I was thinking this too but
    why hasn't he killed Daisy yet? He had a few opportunities to do so

I'd be guessing
    he's only killing 'impure' Inhumans, i.e. those who weren't turned through the traditional methods.

I'd be guessing
    he's only killing 'impure' Inhumans, i.e. those who weren't turned through the traditional methods.

Or
    those in mental distress about their change. Daisy is well adjusted with her powers. He is after Lincon afterall and he changed normally. Or he is just using Daisy as access to InHumans

Why are we spoiler tagging? It's aired and we are just speculating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Why are we spoiler tagging? It's aired and we are just speculating
    generally there is no spectualtion on comic series forums, always people that have read a lot of comics, or watched cartoon series of stories that could come up again, i never reveal any spoilers in comic threads, and staop reading when someone says "i think this might happen" been spoiled to much down the years by assholes who do this,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mark Dacascos joins the cast In a Recurring Role.
    Mark Dacascos has booked a heavily recurring role on ABC’s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Dacascos will play
    Giyera, the head of security for S.H.I.E.L.D

Spoiler Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

When the ATCU/Ros find out that
    Andrew/Lash was LITERALLY
    under Shield's/Coulson's nose, **** is gonna hit the fan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow. Another great episode. They really aren't letting anything drag out at all this season. Lovely quick pace, all killer no filler, every single episode, and all the characters developed enough that we actually give a s**t about what happens to every single one of them, even bad b**tards like Ward - sign of a great show when you can't help but also kinda root for the villains. That moment when I thought Lash had killed Ros all I could think was "Oh no, I was really starting to like her!" and then my moment of excitement when Daisy managed to save her.

Such a different show than the one we had in Season 1 - can't remember the last time a show has improved so much season by season.

Also genuine laugh out loud moment of the episode...
    HUNTER: Is that the other man? Well, just going to say what we're all thinking: he has a hog face.
    FITZ: He does have a hog face.

Advertisement