Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Are we allowed speculate on where Simmons is?
    I've a feeling they really need to up Thanos's threat. I wonder has she been transported to Titan? Just the big planet in the background, its clearly a moon! The message in Hebrew saying "Death", I mean that's Thanos's love and actual motivation for wanting to destroy everything!

Also she made sure to block the cut with some mud, so, wondering if whats chasing her can smell blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Since the various Marvel TV shows including AoS are currently the best part of the MCU, (much better than the last few movies), it would be damn cool for it to be Thanos.
    Being realistic there's no a chance of that happening. He's been built up for too long as the main movie baddie to be used on TV. tbf, he really is going to need a movie style budget to do him justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

um so that big alien guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

um so that big alien guy?

You mean Lash. Yeah he is an Inhuman and has only been introduced to comics in the last year. I think they did a good enough job to make him look similar to the comics version.
    lash-inhuman-143592.jpg

Good article explaining him
    http://www.vox.com/2015/9/30/9421319/agents-of-shield-premiere-villain

My guess
    Simmons is on Titan being chased by Thanos

poor Fitz. :(

I was thinking the exact same. Looks like his world, as has been shown, and he would be something to be feared and he is well in with Death (well he loves her anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg to continue their Dubsmash rivalry on Lip Sync Battle.
    Our favorite Dubsmashing Marvel actors are taking their friendly competition to the stage. Agent Carter’s Hayley Atwell and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Clark Gregg will appear on Lip Sync Battle to settle their rivalry once and for all (“to the death!”).

Their appearance is no doubt prompted by the ongoing Dubsmash battles between Team Carter and Team S.H.I.E.L.D., which began during Comic-Con and evolved into Dubsmash Wars for Charity. Atwell and Gregg, along with their costars James d’Arcy and Chloe Bennet, launched the contest to benefit Stomp Out Bullying! and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. Fans vote by donating money to their team’s respective charity, and nearly $100,000 has been raised

he final round of Dubsmash Wars will begin Wednesday on Crowdrise. Both teams will post their videos at the same time, and the winner will be declared Oct. 16.

Watch the exclusive Lip Sync Battle announcement from Atwell and Gregg above. Their episode will air sometime in 2016 when the Spike series returns.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/05/lip-sync-battle-hayley-atwell-clark-gregg

Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg to continue their Dubsmash rivalry on Lip Sync Battle.
    Was expecting this to happen sooner or later.
    Lip Sync Battle is so much better than Jimmy Fallon's version, just watch Terence Howard lip sync Brick House as Rick James.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was expecting this to happen sooner or later.
    Lip Sync Battle is so much better than Jimmy Fallon's version, just watch Terence Howard lip sync Brick House as Rick James.

I thought Lip Sync Battle originated from Jimmy Fallon's show no? I thought the Tom Cruise on was great.

I thought Lip Sync Battle originated from Jimmy Fallon's show no? I thought the Tom Cruise on was great.

Yeah it originated on his show and he still does it the odd time but Lip Sync Battle is better as they have some great match ups and the songs are better. Here are some good ones.

Ps. Tom Cruise was brilliant

Fitz is quickly becoming my favourite character in any show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Disappointed the trip to the planet ended so quickly. Hopefully the transport there wasn’t just for an easy twist for finale and there’s more story added to her time there,
    especially if it was Titan.
    During the last few series a lot of stuff continues to pop back up so I'm confident there'll be more to it and the now destroyed rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, Fitz is fantastic. He's changed so much since Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,348 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, Fitz is fantastic. He's changed so much since Season 1.

He reminds me more and more of Wesley from Buffy/Angel, one of my favourite TV characters ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

polydactyl wrote: »
    Any word on the UK or RTE airing date?

Message to me from RTE2 just now is --

Season 3, episode 1 of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is scheduled for transmission on Sunday 18/10 @ 19.15

:D:D:D

Can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Message to me from RTE2 just now is --

Season 3, episode 1 of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is scheduled for transmission on Sunday 18/10 @ 19.15

:D:D:D

Can't wait...

I applaud the fact your able to wait till then...

Its a great show, really has come on since the first half of the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really strong episode. Not at all sure what the point of Hydra is now- not sure what there ideology would be now or why people would follow that creep Ward. Hopefully they have flashbacks to that planet and actually have it linked to the season arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Really strong episode. Not at all sure what the point of Hydra is now- not sure what there ideology would be now or why people would follow that creep Ward. Hopefully they have flashbacks to that planet and actually have it linked to the season arc.

I reckon Ward is trying to bring back a Hydra that was akin to Red Skull, where it's ruled over by fear and force. And i can imagine him starting to recruit Inhumans, possibly forming a truce with the "bad" Inhumans from the second season.

But i would also like to see more of that planet, and i can guarantee we will see more. Simmons will be a lead in this season i'd imagine, and her experience in this other world (Titan?) will lead to a lot of new discoveries, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

superb start to the season so far, im surprised they got simmons back so soon, but i doubt thatll be the end of her story, great scene with her waking with the knife and then grabbing fitz for protection, for the 2 science nerds of the show in season 1 they have both come on in leaps and bounds in character development, i was starting to dislike simmons last season when she was starting to turn on skye and the group, but they did a great job making me like her again,

i do wonder what wards angle is gonna be with the new hydra, id say they is still plenty pf elements of the old guard still around, i dont think hell take over that easily, id say he start recruiting inhumans alright, an daisy will eventually get her task force up and running also,

there is so much happening that id probably wear out my keyboard talking about it all, at this point i think i think they need a 3rd or maybe a 4th series on air to get through everything thoroughly, i dont know how their fitting it all into one show,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Good progression on many fronts now.
    Like the way that the "science nerds" are becoming "action heroes" as well now, and always been looking forward to seeing Daisy "Quake" put her powers into action, since first learning her real identity. In fact for a while I thought she <Avengers: Age of Ultron related>
    would be called upon by the Avengers to help out in defeating Ultron, as she was involved in the comic book version of Age of Ultron, which was admittedly substantially different to the MCU version.

I am curious as to the passage of time on the other side of the Kree monolith's portal. They said it was six months since Simmons had been swallowed by the monolith. I was just wondering what she ate or drank in that time if it was also six months on the other side, as the alien planet didn't seem too hospitable an environment.

And boy does Agent May/Ming Na Wen rock that miniskirt golfing outfit!

duridian wrote: »

And boy does Agent May/Ming Na Wen rock that miniskirt golfing outfit!

You never think she was 51 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

don ramo wrote: »
    superb start to the season so far, im surprised they got simmons back so soon, but i doubt thatll be the end of her story, great scene with her waking with the knife and then grabbing fitz for protection, for the 2 science nerds of the show in season 1 they have both come on in leaps and bounds in character development, i was starting to dislike simmons last season when she was starting to turn on skye and the group, but they did a great job making me like her again,

i do wonder what wards angle is gonna be with the new hydra, id say they is still plenty pf elements of the old guard still around, i dont think hell take over that easily, id say he start recruiting inhumans alright, an daisy will eventually get her task force up and running also,

there is so much happening that id probably wear out my keyboard talking about it all, at this point i think i think they need a 3rd or maybe a 4th series on air to get through everything thoroughly, i dont know how their fitting it all into one show,

It’ll be interesting to see where they go with Simmons now. She seemed to be on the pro registration side of Civil War for most of last season so given the fact her ‘holiday’ was caused by alien tech it could further reinforce those feelings. With Fitz seemingly happy to die for her could he be swayed that way as well.

The last two videos are up.

https://www.crowdrise.com/DubsmashWars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The whole story with Fitz and Simmons has me being pulled in two directions. I love how they seem to have progressed the characters to something more than what we are used to seeing from them.

BUT I can't help but feel that that part of the storyline seems to be over all too soon. Something that is quite a big storyline that normally is dragged out over the course of half a season or so seems to be done and dusted rather quickly.
    Dont get me wrong, I like that they haven't dragged it out as much as I was expecting them to but I'm a little bit sceptical as to why it's over all too soon. Maybe I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt and I've become cynical towards modern TV shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another really strong episode - liked calling Daily 'tremors'. I also am starting to warm to Bobbi as a character; I'm glad they're not bringing May back to the main group right away - I like the dynamic they have going on between Bobbi and Coulson.

I always liked Bobbi but her running lead in research with a Biology degree is crazy stupid (says one with a Biology degree)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,348 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I always liked Bobbi but her running lead in research with a Biology degree is crazy stupid (says one with a Biology degree)

She has a PhD in Biology in the comics.

I think given her seniority within SHIELD and the fact Simmons was missing, I don't think it's really that big a deal.

Penn wrote: »
    She has a PhD in Biology in the comics.

I think given her seniority within SHIELD and the fact Simmons was missing, I don't think it's really that big a deal.

It was just one of those small things that makes you go "wait... what??"
    My wife is the same with medical stuff especially what shocking a flatlined heart vs fibrillation

The last two videos are up.

https://www.crowdrise.com/DubsmashWars

original ones were better

The whole story with Fitz and Simmons has me being pulled in two directions. I love how they seem to have progressed the characters to something more than what we are used to seeing from them.

BUT I can't help but feel that that part of the storyline seems to be over all too soon. Something that is quite a big storyline that normally is dragged out over the course of half a season or so seems to be done and dusted rather quickly.
    Dont get me wrong, I like that they haven't dragged it out as much as I was expecting them to but I'm a little bit sceptical as to why it's over all too soon. Maybe I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt and I've become cynical towards modern TV shows.

flashbacks she was in there for months,

a litte too many many quipy quips, some are good but got a little tiresome like they were just killing time in the episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

original ones were better
    it seems to have run it course, i mean what have they done about 7 each, if not more, and them ones dont have the spontinuity the others had,

Advertisement