Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brett Dalton has promised a massive surprise for the mid-season finale in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This show has so many likable characters but I have begun to hate Lincoln, He does stupid thing and is not played by a great actor. I hope Ward kills him. It would be tragic :D
    Apart from that i thought the resolution of the Lash storyline was a bit weak, it just leaves Ward and New Hydra as the main enemies. And Hydra are just boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder what ground work they are laying for Lincoln with what Andrew said about him having a darkside and the reason was Lash chasing him.

I don't think that's the last we will see of Lash.

"I just lash out" -said by Lash!! ugh, what clunky dialogue that was. That sort of sentence would be used a a punchline in Buffy.
    Some of the character moments between FitzSimmons and Bobbi and Hunter can be great but some of the dialogue can be cringe-inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that was quite a leap by Fitz

can anyone dig out those symbols and better screen grabs of the articles he looked at last week

why didn't simmons google astroboy?

atleast we know he is real both ends, what was the purpose of the sending people through the portal?

• Advertisement

$154k raised from the Dubsmash videos.

Links to a FB thank you video.

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/666414034632110080

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

$154k raised from the Dubsmash videos.

Links to a FB thank you video.

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/666414034632110080
    fair play, it was a great idea, but it dragged at a bit at the end, it was great thing to during comic con, it was all on the fly, once they started doing it from the sets it seemed a little to rehearsed, but that a lot of money to generate for really the little effort they put into it,

This is leading to a big mid season cliffhanger.

Ward is the best bad guy in the whole MCU If only the films could find someone so good.

FitzSimmoms yeah for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Really didn't see that each story was tied together like that.

Everything is bubbling up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was a bit puzzled last week at how quickly that plotline seemed to be resolved but this week was excellent and it really revealed how grand the whole thing tying everything together is going to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Constance Zimmer has been a great addition.

Marvel's casting across the whole MCU has been really good to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Wow. Like the way the whole thing is now all starting to make sense and link together. Who would have thought Banks is actually really a good guy.

Yay Fitzsimmons shippers. Oh noes FitzSimmons shippers. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great to see Ward going deeper and deeper into pure badassery, after kinda floundering for most of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Penn wrote: »
    Great to see Ward going deeper and deeper into pure badassery, after kinda floundering for most of last season.

Yeah full on terrorist now, even brought down the plane just to get to that vault.

I wonder had the writers always intended Ward to bad from he start of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Yay and oh No for FItzsimmons, very mixed emotions so to speak. Really did enjoy the whole link in with the planet and hydra and what about the mini monolith....will Antman tech be used to send a mini Agent May through :)

I still reckon that the Will who comes back will either be or /possessed by the inhuman on the planet so will end up hurting Simmons in some way leading to their break up and more angst for Fitzsimmons as she doesn't want Fitz to think he was second choice etc etc etc...ie drag on for another season or two

Not a mini monolith. There were chunks cut out of the main one and I imagine that they are the key to restoring it

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

polydactyl wrote: »
    I still reckon that the Will who comes back will either be or /possessed by the inhuman on the planet so will end up hurting Simmons in some way leading to their break up and more angst for Fitzsimmons as she doesn't want Fitz to think he was second choice etc etc etc...ie drag on for another season or two

No need to do anything to turn him evil,
    don't the latest revelations mean he's working for hydra anyway?

Hydra is a strnage organisation in that it seems half the people that work for it, don't know they are working for it. I'm still undecided about what Will knew. He didn't seem that intelligent even if he is supposed to be an astronaut.

I sympathised with hunter's terrible typing skills. I suffer from the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Absolutely fantastic to see that all the stories this season have been intertwined all along. I'd say the last two eps before the mid-season break are going to be fairly epic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Hydra is a strnage organisation in that it seems half the people that work for it, don't know they are working for it. I'm still undecided about what Will knew. He didn't seem that intelligent even if he is supposed to be an astronaut.

I sympathised with hunter's terrible typing skills. I suffer from the same.

He admitted that he was on the trip as an enforcer/security so he wouldn’t be the brightest. That may mean that he is in the know though, more so than the rest of the crew, especially as he seemed to have a lot of details about the creature, that he may have found out before he got there rather than his claim of finding it out on the planet.

As you say though, he could have had no idea. They’ve confirmed that it was an official NASA expedition so they could have all been clueless. This doesn’t really link in with the goal that they claimed that Hydra had to help the creature. Surely they’d need to know something to be of some benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So happy that the fitz-simmons thing happened and that they captured it so well.

No unbelievable levels of will they won't they. They finally just snapped at one another and it was a great scene.

Christ Iain de Caestecker has been absolutely knocking it out of the park this season. Really strong emotional input without straying into melodrama. There's a genuine rawness to his delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's insane how much each character in the show has changed over 2.5 seasons, and how much the show itself has changed. Once the Winter Soldier tie-in kicked off, the show has become completely different and has just gotten better and better since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Having really disliked Hunter/Bobbi when they were first introduced, they're fast becoming my favourites to watch individually and together. Both actors have a good dynamic with each other and the other actors.

Is it just me or did Ward seem not super impressed by the revelation of what Hydra really was

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was kind of expecting, after Fitz lay the picture of the ram's head on the table, they would be followed by a wolf and a stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was kind of expecting, after Fitz lay the picture of the ram's head on the table, they would be followed by a wolf and a stag.

I thought that too :):) I have a horrible feeling that something is going to happen to Simmons ala what happened to poor Winifred in Angel.

gazzer wrote: »
    I thought that too :):) I have a horrible feeling that something is going to happen to Simmons ala what happened to poor Winifred in Angel.

Which was a pile of crap in the early 2000s and would be worse now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just a reminder, no Agents Of Shield tonight, due to Thanksgiving in America..

Just in case anyone didn't know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You know you watch too much tv when you see that and think "Woohoo!"

Advertisement