Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

Skye's fighting ability has really come on, killing machine. Amazing what a few months training will do!

Now I can go see AOU this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

that was a great episode, skye doesnt even need powers with moves like that, still they came in handy, garcia by the way is an asshole, with his no secrets SHIELD, while having one himself, hes seen what skye people can do, he hardly thinks he can hold them, and what kind of SHIELD agent is he if he did, skye people have never been a threat to SHIELD,

i really wish theyd get rid of bobbi, shes only getting worse, im sorry mac is bad, hes actually a great character, him and bobbi did more or less the same thing in this episode and for some reason i wanted someone to kill bobbi and i felt sorry that mac was on garcias side,

nice lead into the avenger, i think someone called the struckers location being given last week some times,

to fall out is gonna be great, a lot of questions i want answered from AOU, most of which im gonna be pissed if i dont get them,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Best line of the episode
    "I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm assuming it'd be best to avoid agents of shield until you watch the new avengers film.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭James74

I'm assuming it'd be best to avoid agents of shield until you watch the new avengers film.

Nope, this week's episode leads directly into the start of the film. The movie is not released until next week in US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

You can watch everything that has aired so far. It's next week onwards aka. episodes 20, 21 and 22 of Season 2 that you'd want to hold off on until after Avengers. Episode 20 is the one that directly follows the film in the timeline...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

James74 wrote: »
    Nope, this week's episode leads directly into the start of the film. The movie is not released until next week in US.
    You can watch everything that has aired so far. It's next week onwards aka. episodes 20, 21 and 22 of Season 2 that you'd want to hold off on until after Avengers. Episode 20 is the one that directly follows the film in the timeline...

Yeah, I've watched this. I meant from the next episode onwards. Probably should have made that clearer.

Just rewatched this weeks episode... really have to give credit to Close Bennett, the fight choreographer and the cameraman for the one shot scene where Skye dispatches at least half a dozen Hydra henchmen with lethal efficiency. Particular kudos for finishing two baddies with one shot.
    To repeat what I said in the AOU thread, it's a one minute action set piece that is the equal of anything in the movie. Great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just rewatched this weeks episode... really have to give credit to Close Bennett, the fight choreographer and the cameraman for the one shot scene where Skye dispatches at least half a dozen Hydra henchmen with lethal efficiency. Particular kudos for finishing two baddies with one shot.
    To repeat what I said in the AOU thread, it's a one minute action set piece that is the equal of anything in the movie. Great episode.

I thought it bordered on ridiculous.

How'd she all of a sudden become super-Jesus at fighting?

Jedi-like reflexes of that calibre aren't something we've even seen from the top dogs in the show like May and Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought it bordered on ridiculous.

How'd she all of a sudden become super-Jesus at fighting?

Jedi-like reflexes of that calibre aren't something we've even seen from the top dogs in the show like May and Ward.
    The show has been showing her training with May all season. In the realm of realism in the MCU in general, I'll give them a pass on that ;)

• Advertisement

The show has been showing her training with May all season. In the realm of realism in the MCU in general, I'll give them a pass on that ;)

Yep... this ^^^

Whatever the merits of how it fits into the process of Skye becoming a bit of a user-ninja, for me it was just a feckin' cool John Wick sequence. More please.

may Vs May was an awesome fight, as was the cavalry scene, skye being fair was probably better looking than them all, but mays were far more badass, dont let the fast cuts fool yousmile.png

Agreed that May fights are usually more spin'y and acrobatic. We can't be fooled by fast cuts in this weeks fight though, since it was a single shot sequence with no cuts from start to finish. One of the reasons I appreciate it was because, ludicrous or not, it was a very well filmed and choreographed gunfight.

Agreed that May fights are usually more spin'y and acrobatic. We can't be fooled by fast cuts in this weeks fight though, since it was a single shot sequence with no cuts from start to finish. One of the reasons I appreciate it was because, ludicrous or not, it was a very well filmed and choreographed gunfight.
    actually just watched it again as you said it was a single shot, fair play, still think may had the better fights, but great improvisation from skye, dipping, ducking, shooting steam pipes, always like the single agent fights,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The twitter account of the show mentions there will be more tie-in stuff next week and we'll see more fallout from AOU. Theta protocol will probably be explained to the other characters as well since Gonzalez has Fury's toolbox.
    Do we think the helicarrier at the end of Ultron is the one for AOS? Fury mentions he got it from 'friends'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Do we think the helicarrier at the end of Ultron is the one for AOS? Fury mentions he got it from 'friends'.
    I think it's the helicarrier from the first Avengers but was retired when the new Helicarriers from The Winter Soldiers PROJECT Insight were being launched. They said it was "dusty" or something like that so it was in storage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think it's the helicarrier from the first Avengers but was retired when the new Helicarriers from The Winter Soldiers PROJECT Insight were being launched. They said it was "dusty" or something like that so it was in storage
    My brother was wondering if it was the carrier that Real S.H.I.E.L.D. were based on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I needed another Marvel fix when I got home from the Avengers so I threw on agent Carter. It's very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Also can we take a moment to mourn the loss of one of the original team members. Rest in Pieces dear Bus :(
    It had a bar,a nice one.

Foxtrol wrote: »

Wasn't far off.

A bit disappointed by the tie in. A few mentions but felt very forced, especially as there was no feeling of time passing between last weeks episode and this, despite what happened in AOU happening over a week or so.

The main AOS story is still pretty good. Should be very interesting to see how the season wraps up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was another great episode.

So many sides and you can see and understand every sides point of view except for Ward's of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So many sides and you can see and understand every sides point of view except for Ward's of course :)

Yeah wasn't expecting
    Jiaying to go completely nuts and for Raina actually telling the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ward is one of the more interesting characters; I'm defo on his side!

I'm glad they finally said 'Inhumans'. I hate when the hints go on too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Love how they tied the show to the movie with the Helicarrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Love how they tied the show to the movie with the Helicarrier.

Thought it was kinda weak personally.

While they mentioned a load of things between the film and the show; an undercurrent throughout this series, very little concrete has gone on between the two.

The raid on the Hydra base to lead up to AoU was something pretty good, but a bit like after Thor 2, you got a bit of stuff on TV how the world was nearly destroyed but the episode barely skipped a beat between this week and last.

Curious to see how they wrap things up next week and how it'll lead into next season.

Inhumans is still 4 years away but Captain America: Civil War is going to be released this time next year so presumably the inhumans plot is going to be front and center again.

Clearly people like Olmos' character are pushing for Nazi business, trying to barcode all the freaks so that they can be easily oppressed. Given that Coulson is always the good guy and I can't see him siding against people like Skye or Captain America.

Gbear wrote: »
    Thought it was kinda weak personally.

While they mentioned a load of things between the film and the show; an undercurrent throughout this series, very little concrete has gone on between the two.

The raid on the Hydra base to lead up to AoU was something pretty good, but a bit like after Thor 2, you got a bit of stuff on TV how the world was nearly destroyed but the episode barely skipped a beat between this week and last.

Curious to see how they wrap things up next week and how it'll lead into next season.

Inhumans is still 4 years away but Captain America: Civil War is going to be released this time next year so presumably the inhumans plot is going to be front and center again.

Clearly people like Olmos' character are pushing for Nazi business, trying to barcode all the freaks so that they can be easily oppressed. Given that Coulson is always the good guy and I can't see him siding against people like Skye or Captain America.

I agree there could be more overlap but from reading the AOU thread you can see how people who don't follow the show have missed a lot of colour to what has been going on in the background - especially relating to Fury.

There'll definitely be more of this leading up to Civil War. It wont stop the non-show watchers from enjoying the movie but having watched the show will definitely frame it.

I really don't have a clue what's happening with the Inhuman movie. They're such an integral part of AOS now that in 4 years time will there be that many stories to tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the what do we call you thing was clunky

the what do we call you thing was clunky

Was a bit, but a least the nods and winks are out of the way and we can move on.
    So is Gonzales
    definitely dead then? At the very least he's down a hand, but we didn't actually see him fall apart did we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was a bit, but a least the nods and winks are out of the way and we can move on.
    So is Gonzales
    definitely dead then? At the very least he's down a hand, but we didn't actually see him fall apart did we?
    Yeah he is definitely dead as Tripp was exposed to the Terrigen Mist and only crumbled to dust because Skye used her power. Terrigen mist only works on people with Inhuman DNA and kills humans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

Yeah he is definitely dead as Tripp was exposed to the Terrigen Mist and only crumbled to dust because Skye used her power. Terrigen mist only works on people with Inhuman DNA and kills humans

Very interesting that they managed to make their own crystals... they are obviously hiding out along time and must have some fairly high level inhuman scientists working for them.

So many of the Marvel Characters bios have "Genius Level Intellect" as one of their powers.

Advertisement