Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wont be buying fish oil tablets after this. ;)

Screw that, the payoff is worth the risk! If it doesn't work, well, you'll be dead and won't know the difference. If it does work though... Be my luck i'd get a crap power though.

But i'd imagine there's going to be some slight give in the fish oil scenario. I just can't see the oil killing the humans and transforming the Inhumans. I'd imagine the dose will not be enough to kill, but just enough to start the transformation, slowly. Otherwise, every other Marvel film would have to reference the mass deaths caused in [insert where Agents is based].

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Tefral

Screw that, the payoff is worth the risk! If it doesn't work, well, you'll be dead and won't know the difference. If it does work though... Be my luck i'd get a crap power though.

But i'd imagine there's going to be some slight give in the fish oil scenario. I just can't see the oil killing the humans and transforming the Inhumans. I'd imagine the dose will not be enough to kill, but just enough to start the transformation, slowly. Otherwise, every other Marvel film would have to reference the mass deaths caused in [insert where Agents is based].

Comics:
    When Thanos comes to earth in the comics, they detonate a Terrigen bomb to turn people who have the genetics into inhumans to help fight him.

I wonder is this the marvel cinematic universe version of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

cronin_j wrote: »
    When Thanos comes to earth in the comics, they detonate a Terrigen bomb to turn people who have the genetics into inhumans to help fight him.

I wonder is this the marvel cinematic universe version of that?
    jesus christ man, ****ing spoiler that ****

don ramo wrote: »
    jesus christ man, ****ing spoiler that ****

Why?

Why?
    cause thats a massive comic spoiler and potential plot line for future films, one that most people wouldnt have read and dont want to know,

and its against the rules to post it

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    cause thats a massive comic spoiler and potential plot line for future films, one that most people wouldnt have read and dont want to know,

and its against the rules to post it

Wha? Spoilers for the TV show!!, there's no guarantee that this will be the case!
    The thread title even says theres spoilers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The spoilers relate to the show and what is happening now and in episodes just gone. Discussion of the comics and potentially future storylines (without using spoiler tags) is bad form....

Mr E wrote: »
    The spoilers relate to the show and what is happening now and in episodes just gone. Discussion of the comics and potentially future storylines (without using spoiler tags) is bad form....

I think you have missed my point entirely.
    The crystals in the water was the Agent of Shield equivalent of the Bomb in the comics, that's as clear as day! The crystals were contaminated with the diviner material, these fish caps wont be and wont harm normal humans. The exact same thing happened in the comics when the bomb detonated so it is a current story line.

Its well proven at this stage that the TV and indeed the Movies are not following the Comics. Daisy Johnson isnt even an Inhuman in the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 60,427 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The crystals in the water was the Agent of Shield equivalent of the Bomb in the comics, that's as clear as day! The crystals were contaminated with the diviner material, these fish caps wont be and wont harm normal humans. The exact same thing happened in the comics when the bomb detonated so it is a current story line.

Its well proven at this stage that the TV and indeed the Movies are not following the Comics. Daisy Johnson isnt even an Inhuman in the comics

Alot people don't read the comic universe but they do understand a lot of the characters and storylines come from that universe so not spoiling a major event which may be used in the MCU is just bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

No lad ,I think you've missed the point. If your discussing anything that has already happened such as aired episodes then your free to talk away.But anything else i.e. comic book references, what's happening in future episodes, plot lines, promos, future cast members or exits, what happens to said characters in the comic books, then please use spoiler tags and it'll be up to the individual whether they want to view.

That's at least how pretty much every TV Show thread works on boards anyway. :)

• Advertisement

I'm so happy i haven't checked this since yesterday, because something tells me that it was information i did not want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cant unsee. You were lucky.

Frankly, his post should be deleted. It pertains to future movies and has nothing to do with Agents of Shield. It's the equivalent to a Game of Thrones book spoiler in the tv thread. Just because its spoilered doesnt mean it belongs here. People are going to read it without knowing what it is they are reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Kirby wrote: »
    Cant unsee. You were lucky.

Frankly, his post should be deleted. It pertains to future movies and has nothing to do with Agents of Shield. It's the equivalent to a Game of Thrones book spoiler in the tv thread. Just because its spoilered doesnt mean it belongs here. People are going to read it without knowing what it is they are reading.

Yup :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Very satisfied with the finale. Good to see this show going from strength to strength. I just hope it doesn't get it's hands tied too much by the films going forward.

:rolleyes: Nice pun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I wouldn't worry about comic spoilers applying too much to the TV and Movies.
    About the only thing the Age of Ultron comic had in common with the movie was they both had an AI called Ultron in them.
    Fun fact, Daisy Johnson features in the comic Age of Ultron.

dloob wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about comic spoilers applying too much to the TV and Movies.
    About the only thing the Age of Ultron comic had in common with the movie was they both had an AI called Ultron in them.
    Fun fact, Daisy Johnson features in the comic Age of Ultron.
    irregardless they may, the fact skye was daisy johnson was spoiled for me, and the fact she had quake power was also spoiled,

same over and flash and arrow the last few years, as is the same in the game of thrones forum, which got to such a stage that i dont even read that forum anymore,

i could spend a week reporting spoilers that ive come across the last few years, either by mistake or just people being dicks in general, say that they believe such and such a thing will happen and then claiming ignorance later on when the post was reported, fair pew people missed out the their psychic calling on this forum,

Have to agree with Don Ramo, there should be nothing from the comics in the TV related threads. Start one in the comics section if ye want, but there are people here who watch this show and have no history on them, and there's nothing worse than something awesome being spoiled because it's "well known" in the comics or in the universe in general. These threads should be specifically about the show, or show related gossip/rumours (spoilered) and nothing else.

Same with Flash, Arrow, GoT, Agent Carter, Gotham, or any other show based off books/comics.

Maybe a mod should put a warning in the first post, or in the thread title or something, because people either don't care, don't realise or just want to watch the world burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Luke Mitchell aka Lincoln upped to series regular Source

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Luke Mitchell aka Lincoln upped to series regular Source

Cool, looks like he will be on Skye's Secret Warriors team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D returns Tuesday September 29th @ 9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would guess Cal is gone now as a character what with Twin Peaks starting back soon. He was my favorite this season damn fine actor. ;)

Season 2 is now on Netflix USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Season 2 is now on Netflix USA.
    Nice one... after trying to watch the show probably 2 - 3 times, I started back on Season 1 on Netflix US last night. I'm a massive Marvel fan and I'm bloody DETERMINED this time!

Comic Con poster which shows Coulson's new hand
    shield-142747.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Is that Bobbi front and centre on that poster?

James74 wrote: »
    Is that Bobbi front and centre on that poster?

Looks like it as she is only one that uses escrima sticks

looks like lola is gonna be back,

would rather they dialed back bobbi role, not really that interesting a character compared to skye, may, ward, fitz or coulson,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭flazio

https://instagram.com/p/5DkAfiv3-j/
    Clark Gregg and Hayley Atwell have been having fun with dubsmash on instagram as you can see. No big news for AOS that I know of from Comic Con.

Advertisement