Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think it's pretty perfectly executed.

After the pretty ropey days of the the first 10 episodes of last season it's been consistently strong in acting, writing and the effects look like they've taken a step forward this season as well.

It's a great little show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Excellent acting again from Fitz, Simmons song was perfect, was never any doubt she is undercover, Strange to see Agent 33, wonder will we see Hercules pop up to save her from Hydra. Hope to see more villains next week, Lion Paw guy hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/519990683680374784
    During a Reddit AMA to promote his new movie "The Judge," a fan asked which TV show Downey would "be willing to guest star or do a cameo for." His answer was definitive: "Agents of SHIELD."
    "Nothing is impossible," he writes. "But there might be a fair amount of red tape involved in something like that. I love Clark Gregg, and am pleased the show is doing so well."

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/robert_downey_jr_agents_of_shield_cameo_marvel_abc-2014-10

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well considering RDJ had a tv role on Ally McBeal so he's no stranger. I think the main sticking point is they may want to save the revelation of Coulson being alive to the other Avengers in a movie. Though it doesn't make sense that Stark of all people doesn't realise he's alive considering he is tuned into a lot of data. I'd say he might've heard about one of the most wanted men.

Or as I said to someone else, they need Brian Blessed in The Avengers 2 just in a cameo to say "Couson's alive!"

I can see happening as AoS is the lead into Avengers 2 next year I could see a few more big guest spots in part 2 of the season next year.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well considering RDJ had a tv role on Ally McBeal so he's no stranger. I think the main sticking point is they may want to save the revelation of Coulson being alive to the other Avengers in a movie. Though it doesn't make sense that Stark of all people doesn't realise he's alive considering he is tuned into a lot of data. I'd say he might've heard about one of the most wanted men.

Or as I said to someone else, they need Brian Blessed in The Avengers 2 just in a cameo to say "Couson's alive!"

Well if Hydra don't know it's Coulson in charge, maybe he wouldn't have to know?

They could even have some amusing scenes where they barely miss each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Another great episode, the fight scene of Agent 33 vs May was awesome to see.

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2F09f5253fb56dfa4dff27639d1795253c%2Ftumblr_ndh2lmourv1syx38ao1_250.gif&key=Snt3XMMEdqOisoStDPDVZQ&w=480&h=190

May vs May :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've said this before but Ming Na Wen is 50... 50!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Awesome fight scene, was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wasn't that enamoured with that episode. Felt it was the weakest of the 4 episodes we've seen this season. We've seen impersonation/body swapping etc. done a million times. Less tropes and more originality please.

Everyone else seemed to love it though so....maybe it's just me but I preferred last weeks.

Is it wrong that I found a 50 year old woman fighting her double wearing a slip/dress hot? :pac:
    Great finisher

Good episode. Liked the shock from the team hearing May laughing and being all chatty. And then just walking through the lasers.

Nice to see Fitz getting back in with the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Every week before I watch a new episode of this, I think "I'm not really arsed, this show is lame." and every week, without fail, I think "Well that episode was awesome!" Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im not like "OH MY GOD I cannot wait for the next episode" but more a case of "oh I am intrigued to see what twist comes next" and I must admit I am dying to know what the bloody hell is the story with Skye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its a show that always keeps it interesting, sure it could still be better than it is, but it does more than enough to keep me coming back, even if it is second on my to watch on a Wednesday morning (after Person of Interest of course), maybe by seasons end it will be first choice, im expecting a lot to happen this season on the show, as its gonna tie-in with Avenger 2 next may, i also wonder will it ever tie-in with the 4 characters netflix are developing shows for at the moment, and also the Agent Carter show thats gonna fill the 10 week void when this show takes a break in the new year,

like i said i expect it to really pick up it game this season,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭pah

don ramo wrote: »
    its a show that always keeps it interesting, sure it could still be better than it is, but it does more than enough to keep me coming back, even if it is second on my to watch on a Wednesday morning (after Person of Interest of course), maybe by seasons end it will be first choice, im expecting a lot to happen this season on the show, as its gonna tie-in with Avenger 2 next may, i also wonder will it ever tie-in with the 4 characters netflix are developing shows for at the moment, and also the Agent Carter show thats gonna fill the 10 week void when this show takes a break in the new year,

like i said i expect it to really pick up it game this season,

It has to stand on its own for the most part but some tie ins / easter eggs or cameos would be nice

If Marvel/Disney are building towards Civil War then I would expect all six of the series to be linked with the films over the next few years.

If Marvel/Disney are building towards Civil War then I would expect all six of the series to be linked with the films over the next few years.
    pah wrote: »
    It has to stand on its own for the most part but some tie ins / easter eggs or cameos would be nice
    the films have already had a miassive influence on the series, and that was just a captain america film, i can only imagine what kind of influence an avengers film will have, also thor and guardians of the galaxy when they hit earth, also ant man, and dr strange,

the series ratings are completely tanking at the moment, but i dont think the show will be canceled as id say disney are looking at the bigger picture, using the show as a launch vehicle to get from one film to the next, and also deal with the larger scale fallout from each one,

i hope the civil war storyline goes ahead, it would be great for the series, so far its the weakest part of the MCU (well after iron man 2 and 3),

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Another awesome episode, loved that quote from Hunter at the end asking Mockingbird what she did she do with her hair (She's blonde in the comics) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cracking episode. Had me gripped from start to finish. Brilliantly done and I love that the team continues to expand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Good episode, i wonder will we see Skys's father in his alien form,at the end of season 1 ,wasn't he sitting in a chair ,his back turned to Raina and he was blue.

All I was thinking: "Wow, she's tall!" Even though I watched the entire series of Friday Night Lights, I keep forgetting how tall she is.

Hmm.

The whole extraction thing seemed to be pulled out of their arses a bit.

I was convinced they were doing a switcheroo and Simmons was getting brainwashed.

At least they laid some groundwork with her being the ex-wife, etc.. She's not just some total randomer.

Read a comment about how were they just taking a jab at DC by having the Wonder Woman actress jump onto an invisible jet.

Good episode, i wonder will we see Skys's father in his alien form,at the end of season 1 ,wasn't he sitting in a chair ,his back turned to Raina and he was blue.
    are they aliens though, skye said her parents were killed in china somewhere i think, maybe they worked for SHIELD or HYDRA and got caught in some kind of explosion, which they thought killed her parents and made her a 402( i think thats what an object of unknown origin is), presuming others exposed to the conditions developed some kind of powers, maybe they may think skye has some untapped ability,

also he didnt come across very alieny

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

don ramo wrote: »
    are they aliens though, skye said her parents were killed in china somewhere i think, maybe they worked for SHIELD or HYDRA and got caught in some kind of explosion, which they thought killed her parents and made her a 402( i think thats what an object of unknown origin is), presuming others exposed to the conditions developed some kind of powers, maybe they may think skye has some untapped ability,

also he didnt come across very alieny

They showed in another episode that the formula was derived from an alien. Yet Skye is unaffected by it. Ergo she's not completely human. So maybe not an alien but not a human either.

Turtwig wrote: »
    They showed in another episode that the formula was derived from an alien. Yet Skye is unaffected by it. Ergo she's not completely human. So maybe not an alien but not a human either.

maybe, but i still think she was exposed to something, and showed her capabilities at some point, which was why she was designated a 402, not cause she of unknown origin, but shes a mystery,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    All I was thinking: "Wow, she's tall!" Even though I watched the entire series of Friday Night Lights, I keep forgetting how tall she is.

I was halfway through this week's episode when I twigged who she was.

Thought that one was a bit meh.
    The acting and production values felt a bit weak.

Mandatory feels with Fitz Simmons as usual. Ward is a really good character.

They really should've used something more sensible for him escaping rather than "he just took his handcuffs off". Like even if he dislocated his arm or something at least it would've taken some effort.

• Advertisement

No need for spoilers on aired episodes.

Ward really could turm out to be the bad guy the whole MCU needs ruthless and prepared to kill anyone.

I do like how the team is growing and this episode showed that the events of Cap 2 are being seen around the world not just America.

Advertisement