Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So many many times better than it was at this point in the first season. Now one of my favourite shows airing and I'd never have thought that.

They're playing Ward well. Now I'm assuming he's doing something outlandish here: Once he got his brother to confess, he forgave him. He then filled him in on his plan whereby brother fakes his death all so that Ward can prove himself "loyal". He doesn't want the rest of the band involved which is why he spun the story about his brother to make the "killing" believable. Still well done though - the ambiguity alone. Brett Dalton must have been told to make himself dull in the first half of season one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No new episode this week due to Thanksgiving week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ah feck :( I really look forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah it's hilarious. This time last year. I was like "meh Agents of Shield might watch them in bulk on RTE player just before one expires. .. ". This time around I'm disappointed when there's gaps in the schedules and I have to wait for a new episode.

The show really did grow on me in a big big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Is it me or are these "mid-season breaks" getting more frequent? There was no such thing as a break in the middle of the season back in the days of SG1 and Buffy.
    God, I sound like an auld wan!

These breaks annoy me a lot!
    Glad to See Fitz getting back to himself a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,429 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watched the teaser for next week it look very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

SarahBM wrote: »
    Is it me or are these "mid-season breaks" getting more frequent? There was no such thing as a break in the middle of the season back in the days of SG1 and Buffy.

No you're totally right, it's a new thing so that people don't forget about the show if there's a 9 month gap between seasons. So they split the seasons into 2 6 week runs or whatever.... It's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Weren't those both Summer shows? I don't disagree that there are more breaks, but the main "Fall" line-up has always broken for Thanksgiving and Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That's because most of those series were before the 'day after US stream' generation.

Sky were able to hold back starting each season until they'd bunched up their US breaks enough that they could play them straight through. European companies just can't do that anymore due to online streaming & downloading as everyone demand their content ASAP.

I actually prefer the way it is now than two/three years ago. Most shows run in two distinct blocks (outside a few breaks for holidays) rather than random 2/3 week breaks as well as holidays breaks. It made seasons hard to get in to.

It also gives a chance for mini-series like Agent Carter, which hopefully will be great.

Solid episode leading to what should be a strong mid season finale.

Some strong fight scenes.

Atlantis name droped so maybe a Namor cameo in the future.

Mac....

Fitz once again stealing every scene he is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was quality - possibly the best episode so far...

Mac!!!

I really ejoyed the chat between Skye & Raina and all it hinted at.

Coulsons talk with Bobbi.

Sam & Billy have to be LMD's after their joke with Tripp.

There really was so much in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That umbrella Sam had was awesome, Skye wearing the flower dress in the dream screams connection to Reyna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

My favourite show on TV at the moment. Another great episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What an improved show AoS is. So many cool characters now in the show with Skye's father, Ward and Raina all being great fun.

I didn't think Raina was Asian looking, now it's revealed she is from Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What an improved show AoS is. So many cool characters now in the show with Skye's father, Ward and Raina all being great fun.

I didn't think Raina was Asian looking, now it's revealed she is from Thailand.
    OT, but she's actually Irish-Ethiopian! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Negga

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

After seeing her on Love/Hate, her American accent is excellent.

She was great in "Love is the Drug" a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

She was great in "Love is the Drug" a few years back

I worked with her a little bit on that one and she's such a nice person, it's great to see her having a successful career.

I really hope Raina stays in the show for longer, but it seems she's becoming more and more expendable every week if other people can touch the Obelisk.

The ratings were up this week :D

A good sign.

Hopefully having season one added to the US Netflix helped more people binge watched it before catching up with season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

when did sky get so kick ass and be able to walk away from such a beating, i know she was been trained but its a stretch, and was wondering why the had kept the girl in flower dress in the show, can she really touch the deviner? i can't remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

when did sky got so kick ass and be able to walkk away from such a beaten, i know she was been trained but its a stretch, and was wondering why the had kept the girl in flower dress in the show, can she really touch the deviner i can't remember?

Yeah I was thinking that but then again it's well over 6 months after the last season ended and she is beig trained by Mai. It is sketchy though as Mai could barely beat her, some fight though all the same.

Alien-Human hybrid badassery

when did sky get so kick ass and be able to walk away from such a beating, i know she was been trained but its a stretch, and was wondering why the had kept the girl in flower dress in the show, can she really touch the deviner? i can't remember?

Ward has been coaching her since episode one of the first season. Now May is. So it's workable. This wasn't agent May she was fighting against anyway. Just someone with the mask fused onto their face because of May's inflicted injuries.

Skye's Dad showed her how to touch it. That's why she holds him in such reverence (and fear.)

Which side is Ward actually playing? He's almost the show's Brody at this stage.

Poor Mac, but perhaps they can reverse it and get that alien thing out of his body? Then again I'm still hoping the same for Fitz.

Fitz.:(

Great episode (again!). This series is fast becoming my fav. It started like some reminiscent version of the A-Team and has grown into something far more mature - and interesting. Long may it continue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ward has been coaching her since episode one of the first season. Now May is. So it's workable. This wasn't agent May she was fighting against anyway. Just someone with the mask fused onto their face because of May's inflicted injuries.
    she was fighting someone who held her own against may.

she was fighting someone who held her own against may.

May won; Skye lost. Skye also was fighting a badly scarred and possibly damaged opponent. May fought her at full health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

something is telling me that ward will end up back at SHIELD, i dont think he killed his family at all, he probably got his brother to admit what he done and then asked him if he could help him infiltrate HYDRA, by pretending to killed his family, who are probably hiding out somewhere,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

don ramo wrote: »
    something is telling me that ward will end up back at SHIELD, i dont think he killed his family at all, he probably got his brother to admit what he done and then asked him if he could help him infiltrate HYDRA, by pretending to killed his family, who are probably hiding out somewhere,
    Yep, I said pretty much the same above. It'll also tie in with him telling Skye repeatedly that he would never lie to her. He hasn't. The fact we didn't see him kill his brother clearly means he didn't kill his brother. Simple rules of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

ixoy wrote: »
    Yep, I said pretty much the same above. It'll also tie in with him telling Skye repeatedly that he would never lie to her. He hasn't. The fact we didn't see him kill his brother clearly means he didn't kill his brother. Simple rules of TV.

He may be doing that now but how could he ever return to shield after most definitely killing so many Shield agents when we worked with Garrett?
    His brother didn't seem to be working for Hydra so why did he disappear him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

He may be doing that now but how could he ever return to shield after most definitely killing so many Shield agents when we worked with Garrett?
    His brother didn't seem to be working for Hydra so why did he disappear him?
    his brother is a US senator, one that could take down what is left of SHIELD, ward probably made a deal with him that if can show how bad HYRDA are his brother will back SHIELD, and allow the organisation to grow, and also return all the equipment the army has taken that belongs to SHIELD, helicarriers and quinjets for starters, and all the 402 items the army took and have no idea what they are or how dangerous they are, and also help back most of the installations that HYRDA took,

having him onside could be of massive benefit to SHIELD

Advertisement