Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice finale. Loved Garret's final scene as well. And Fury and Coulson just totally deadpanning and not taking anything he said seriously.

Would've preferred if they hadn't Samuel L Jackson's name in the opening credits and just left it a surprise.

I'd say they're working to get the other Avengers on the show so Coulson can let them know he's alive, otherwise he has to go the whole of season 2 without seeing them, which isn't too believable when he's the director.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would've preferred if they hadn't Samuel L Jackson's name in the opening credits and just left it a surprise.

I was raging I'd watched the promo. That would have been some surprise had I not seen him in the clip or, as you said, we'd seen his name in the credits beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's why I try to avoid trailers/promos. I didn't know he was in it at all until I saw his name in the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Surely this means Coulson HAS to be in Avengers 2 now that he's
    1. Director of SHIELD,
    2. An Avenger in the eye(s) of Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode overall. I wonder how bad Fitz's injuries are? The threat of brain damage sounds very severe, unless they're planning a trip to TAHITI for him any time soon? :).

Coulson putting down Garrett was excellent! I got very 0pissed off when I saw him getting resurrected but they nipped that in the bud just in time!

Looks like Ruth Negga has landed an important enough role in the show. I thought she'd be a temporary character but it's good to see she'll be sticking around as she does a great job on an interestng character. That was a great scene at the end!

I ended the show gagging for Season 2 which, to be fair, up until mid season that was as far from my expectations as you'd get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say they're working to get the other Avengers on the show so Coulson can let them know he's alive, otherwise he has to go the whole of season 2 without seeing them, which isn't too believable when he's the director.
    flazio wrote: »
    Surely this means Coulson HAS to be in Avengers 2 now that he's
    1. Director of SHIELD,
    2. An Avenger in the eye(s) of Fury.

Here's the thing though; the Avengers don't work for SHIELD. SHIELD brought them together, and they'll work with SHIELD, but the Avengers have become something bigger. Even Cap, Hawkeye and Black Widow, despite previously working for SHIELD, can't be controlled by SHIELD.

I'd expect Nick Fury and maybe Maria Hill to be in Avengers 2 as backup/HQ support, but SHIELD itself has a long way to go to being rebuilt.

The Avengers will come together when they're needed, but it doesn't mean it'll be SHIELD that calls them together.

Overall, I enjoyed the show. Stopped watching after episode 6 or 7 but caught up over the last week or so. Despite a slow build, it did build up to something fairly great, and leaves me excited for Season 2.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Really enjoyed that episode. Samual L Jackson / Coulson was fantastic. Best of all, I didn't know it was coming (tuned out during trailers), so it was a bolt out of the blue for me. I don't think he could be more bad ass, even if he had a cybernetic butt implant. The double play when they were listening to Garret was hilarious. That reminds me, how come the sonic gun (is it?) didn't seem to affect garret? Or did it just miss him.

Fitz / Simms was great, how long was he out for? Surely longer than the swim up to have suffered brain damage?

When I saw Eric / Billy I was immediately thinking clones for some reason (which is odd, as I am an identical twin!).

Wonder who gooey daddy is?

May / Grant fight was cool. Really liked the first fight actually. The staff really brought the house down.

Didn't get "the incentives" package until they asked what they had on the head of the operations centre.

Garret resurrection / demise. Roflcoptor

Those of you who watched it at UK pace are quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

not many of those Dinosaurs left I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Never did I think I'd get into this programme but I did. The Ward/May fight scene was brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing who Skye's dad is. Coulson will never forgive Ward I don't think and I'm glad Garrett is gone. When Fury came on screen I couldn't help smiling away to myself :D It'll be interesting to see what direction Coulson will take Shield into and I really hope Fitz comes back being Fitz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I watch Captain America Winter Solider online :D just before I seen the last episode so the Fury stuff made a lot more sense, I am hoping they introduce a lot of the fugitives from the fridge, like the lion paw guy as regular villains next season. This will be the lead up to Age of Ultron/Avengers 2 so hope we get a few Avengers cameos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Why would they be posting in the thread that is clearly marked [US] in the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,501 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 1 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. added to Netflix Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Good to hear next season won't be broadcast in such a staggered way.

When it returns in the fall, Agents of SHIELD will transmit in two unbroken runs, with new series Agent Carter airing during the winter hiatus.

Gregg approved the move, voicing his frustration with the staggered schedlings of the show's first season.
    "I don't like it [and] I don't think our fans liked it," he said. "It didn't let us keep the momentum going with the story.

"You can download the [whole] season of so many shows on Netflix in one day -- who wants to take a two-week pause? I don't!"

From digital spy, unable to post url for some reason.

140717shield-carter1-embed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She was great in Spartacus. complete bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

She was great in Spartacus. complete bitch.

Her character or herself IRL?

Gbear wrote: »
    Her character or herself IRL?

Character.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Reed Diamond added to cast as
    HYDRA agent Kraken

Nick Blood added to the cast as
    Lance Hunter of British intelligence agency S.T.R.I.K.E

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s227/agents-of-shield/news/a586592/dollhouses-reed-diamond-nick-blood-join-marvels-agents-of-shield.html#~oL9oxsmJPTPtnP

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kyle MacLachlan joins Source

Henry Simmons added to the cast in a recurring role of Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/8/7/23056/henry_simmons_joins_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Adrianne Palicki added to the cast as
    Mockingbird

hollywoodreporter

Teaser.

Has there been any confirmation that either RTÉ or Channel 4 have picked up Series 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Has there been any confirmation that either RTÉ or Channel 4 have picked up Series 2?

C4 have AFAIK but idk about RTÉ. They have some news coming up in the next week or so, so I'd imagine that any announcements will be after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Fitz is going to be in the new series, right? You can't have Simmons without Fitz!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

SarahBM wrote: »
    Fitz is going to be in the new series, right? You can't have Simmons without Fitz!!!
    of course, he didnt die, hes just in a coma, but he obviously wont be the same after everything,

Advertisement