Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

My guess was that Ward gave them half solid info. Hydra may use those lines of "quantum" communication or whatever but they also see who's using them. I'd say Coulson's team walked into a cyber trap.

That or Ward was only ever loyal to Garett and not Hydra as a whole - thus leaving the door open for his redemption.

Disappointed it wasn't a double bill. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Really enjoyed it, the episode flew in! Sad for Fitz though :( looking forward to next weeks episode already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Really enjoyed it, the episode flew in! Sad for Fitz though :( looking forward to next weeks episode already.

I know, they did that well. Wasn't expecting that at all. Of course I think Simmons will come back and he will eventually go back to his old-self.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks like Fitz is getting a reboot of sorts if this is anything to go by.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55782

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

flazio wrote: »
    RtÉ2 "at a later date " I think we have to wait again for the UK to broadcast it first before we can have it. Incidentally has Channel 4 confirmed that they have picked up Series 2?

Starts on RTE2 on Sunday 5th October at 7.10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭flazio

brian_t wrote: »
    Starts on RTE2 on Sunday 5th October at 7.10pm

Nice one, back in the evening as well. Good work RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another strong episode keeping up a strong pace that started at the end of last season.

Adding Hunter and Mac to the group is a good thing as long as Hunter doesn't become Skyes new crush the show doesn't really need a love story.

Seeing Raina hold the Obelisk and Skye's dad (Kyle MacLachlan :D) say he will explain all only when Raina and Skye are together (sisters?).

Oh and Fitz :( Iain De Caestecker is stealing every scene he is in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Anyone see the preview for next week? Seemed to imply
    Simmons is joining Hydra!

Anyone see the preview for next week? Seemed to imply
    Simmons is joining Hydra!

I know it's a US pace but watch the spoilers. Anyway regarding that
    I reckon DC sent Simmons under cover within HYDRA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I know it's a US pace but watch the spoilers. Anyway regarding that
    I reckon DC sent Simmons under cover within HYDRA

Duly noted, yeah I don't think
    Simmons would betray SHIELD, reckon she's trying to find Agent Weaver (Head of SHIELD academy who we saw last year) and it was implied she was captured as well

Also Clark Gregg was on Jimmy Kimmel last night, worth a watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"I dunno, they did another Thor movie without me. I thought it was ill advised."

:D We all thought that Phil.

I would have guessed Simmons was poached by Maria Hill to work for Stark Industries.

Love that The Captain is Skyes Dad, he is a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I'm not the only one who imagines Simmons... right?

Seriously though, this season has got off to a good start and good to see Fitz is aware of Simmons being gone and nice to see him and Mac get on so well with Mac not tiptoeing around him like everyone else.

They hinted at Wards family last season well....
    Since last season's episode "The Well," fans have wondered about Grant Ward's brother, but this season you'll officially get to meet him as Tim DeKay of "White Collar" makes his debut as Senator Christian Ward

Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭squonk

Tim DeKay! Great actor! Could be interesting though I love White Collar so much that I can't imagine Tim DeKay as a baddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nice to see they're not dropping the pace this season. I also think the straight run of episodes between now at December will benefit the show and then having a mid-season finale before it returns in April...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Nice to see they're not dropping the pace this season. I also think the straight run of episodes between now at December will benefit the show and then having a mid-season finale before it returns in April...

Plus we're getting Agent Carter while SHIELD is on it's break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Off topic, but I love your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Off topic, but I love your username.

Well, thank you good sir

:cool:

• Advertisement

Anyone rewatch Episode 1 last night? Nice to have it HD on my big screen without the flustering around for an online source.
    Plus was able to watch the Fitzsimmons scenes in a new light.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone rewatch Episode 1 last night? Nice to have it HD on my big screen without the flustering around for an online source.
    Plus was able to watch the Fitzsimmons scenes in a new light.
    You have much to learn my padawan.

Look at it this way, the more we watch it on legit means, the better the ratings, the more likely Rté will keep showing the program, the more likely the show will keep getting made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Look at it this way, the more we watch it on legit means, the better the ratings, the more likely Rté will keep showing the program, the more likely the show will keep getting made.

Im sure ABC anxiously await Ireland's viewership stats every week..

miralize wrote: »
    No, but the advertisers who part funded RTÉ getting the series first do. Bad figures mean no advertisers meaning no pick up of further series meaning I have to download dodgy software to view the shows I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

miralize wrote: »

International sales are very important to the networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

evilivor wrote: »
    International sales are very important to the networks.

Ireland usually gets lumped in with the UK unless there is some Irish involvement, so individually the Irish component is worth very little. They also aren't going to not cancel a show because it has good international distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

No, but the advertisers who part funded RTÉ getting the series first do. Bad figures mean no advertisers meaning no pick up of further series meaning I have to download dodgy software to view the shows I like.

Unless you have a Nielsen box you're viewership doesn't matter anyway. Sad, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

half decent episode. I really felt for Fitz, poor chap.

• Advertisement

Another very good episode.

It really feels like it has the same cold war spy thriller feel that they started in Captain America The Winter Soldier.

I loved how they used Blizzard he could become a very very bad guy or a very very good guy in the future of course if he survived.

I have to say the music for the scene where Simmons got up and headed to work was near perfect for the character.

Once again Fitz :(

Advertisement