Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

don ramo wrote: »
    of course, he didnt die, hes just in a coma, but he obviously wont be the same after everything,
    That's what I thought when Coulson died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I only got caught up at the wknd, I am really looking forward to the new series. What the hell is going to happen with Ward!?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

SarahBM wrote: »
    I only got caught up at the wknd, I am really looking forward to the new series. What the hell is going to happen with Ward!?

Redemption probably.

But I really hope not.

Redemption probably.

But I really hope not.

I hope he dies a spectacularly gorey death whilst redeeming himself :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

SarahBM wrote: »

Redemption. The show made it clear that he was only loyal to Garret and not hydra. When you consider all the things the black widow did before joining shield. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. The team won't trust him though and he'll end up making the ultimate sacrifice for them.

That's the usual way tv shows go anyway. Hopefully Ward will remain an out and out baddie and he begins the season by killing a major character. Or at least he'll be an out and out bad guy. If he has to work with the team time, but please God don't have a homeland like is he good is he bad approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtwig wrote: »
    Redemption. The show made it clear that he was only loyal to Garret and not hydra. When you consider all the things the black widow did before joining shield. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. The team won't trust him though and he'll end up making the ultimate sacrifice for them.

That's the usual way tv shows go anyway. Hopefully Ward will remain an out and out baddie and he begins the season by killing a major character. Or at least he'll be an out and out bad guy. If he has to work with the team time, but please God don't have a homeland like is he good is he bad approach.

I dunno. If they hadn't made him go a bit rapey and weird they'd have a lot more wiggle room. There could be room for him being a sort of ally who's obsessed with Skye so long as everyone understands he's dead weird and generally terrible but a useful tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or he could be a source of information that they go to, since these bad guys always seem to know everything and have all the up to date details. :) Then maybe bring him on one or 2 missions because they need him to gain access. He could them either save someone's life or escape.

Can't remember but is the girl in the flower dress still free?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't remember but is the girl in the flower dress still free?
    yeah she free, she went to see skyes father at the end of last season, to inform him he found her,

Season 2 episode 1 Major
    Peggy Carter in the premiere episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2. However, it was not entirely clear if the appearance would be a flashback or not.

spoiler link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Probably a
    Flashback of some sort introducing the spin off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I thought Fitz was left brain damaged due to the lack of Oxygen during the escape from under the ocean rather than being in a coma.

Probably a
    Or asking the bedridden Peggy from Winter Soldier about long forgotten Shield base for them to hide out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd say it'll be
    they find some old Dharma Initiative style video of Agent Carter at the old base they use as the new HQ

Probably a
    Looks like you were closest:
    Looks like we finally know the answer to what Hayley Atwell will be doing in the Agents of SHIELD: It's a flashback with Dum Dum Dugan (Neal McDonough) and Jim Morita (Kenneth Choi). TV Guide says the flashback will "kick off" the season and has this quote from EP Jed Whedon: "Coulson is a big student of history and wants to return to those old ideals of Agent Carter's time. He's, like, 'Let's be the S.H.I.E.L.D. we were meant to be!' He wants to do the job right this time."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Terrified to read those spoilers.

Did I miss it, or have rte yet to announce they're showing season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Same here. Resisting the urge at the moment

It is spoilers re what s2e1 is going to be about (ish) but it's nothing too crazy if you have seen the new Captain America film and know about Marvels new shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There was an article on Rté Ten that said it was returning to ABC in September and to RtÉ2 "at a later date " I think we have to wait again for the UK to broadcast it first before we can have it. Incidentally has Channel 4 confirmed that they have picked up Series 2?

Just a heads up it returns tonight/early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great episode, finally a real actual marvel villain, poor Fitz though :(.

• Advertisement

Oh my god why did I look?!?!? What happened to Fritz?!??
    Wait no! Don't tell me!

Great start.

Great to see them opening up more of the Marvel Universe.

I think Marvel/Disney will put huge effort into this now as there are no more films in the build up to Avengers 2 between this and Agent Carter I have a feeling we will start to see the build up story wise leading to Avengers 2.

loved the start showing agent carter taking to obelisk, wonder if well see more tie-ins with her show,

a brilliant opener, showing that SHIELD is very slowly getting up and running, coulson has been off trying to expand the organization, and finding it hard going, seeing as how big the previous SHIELD imploded,

great to see skye getting more into the action, and taking orders rather than constantly questioning them, i thought it was odd that have kept ward so close, and i didnt realise that ward knew who her father was, dont recall yerone telling him,

i wonder is that the last well see of lucy lawless and her team, is she dead or will the obelisk play a part in it,

sad to see fitz so bad, i wonder where simmons went off to, fitz must have been pretty bad for her to think that leaving him was the better option,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

don ramo wrote: »
    loved the start showing agent carter taking to obelisk, wonder if well see more tie-ins with her show,

a brilliant opener, showing that SHIELD is very slowly getting up and running, coulson has been off trying to expand the organization, and finding it hard going, seeing as how big the previous SHIELD imploded,

great to see skye getting more into the action, and taking orders rather than constantly questioning them, i thought it was odd that have kept ward so close, and i didnt realise that ward knew who her father was, dont recall yerone telling him,

i wonder is that the last well see of lucy lawless and her team, is she dead or will the obelisk play a part in it,

sad to see fitz so bad, i wonder where simmons went off to, fitz must have been pretty bad for her to think that leaving him was the better option,

Haven't actually watched the episode yet but could her leaving not be down to the fallout of him telling her he loves her when they were trapped at the bottom of the ocean. She might have thought it best to take a time out to decide what she wants to do with this information.

Haven't actually watched the episode yet but could her leaving not be down to the fallout of him telling her he loves her when they were trapped at the bottom of the ocean. She might have thought it best to take a time out to decide what she wants to do with this information.
    maybe, but fitz is in pretty bad shape, its probably a contributing factor, but id say it more cause of how he is than the feelings,

Seeing what Ward did to himself was quiet shocking from a Disney production in this day and age.

Now I know they didn't show it on screen but it add's to the drama of the series for me.

Also on Fitz and Simmons I think there could be a bit of guilt Simmons part for the reason she left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Great opener. One of the best episodes yet

OMG Fitz!!!!

I could care less about Ward to be honest. He just isnt genuine enough for me.

I hope Hartley isnt dead. Really good ep, cant wait for next wk!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Devastated about Fitz, but it gives such an interesting arc to his character for this season...

Great opening to the season overall - loved that we got to see Agent Carter and her gang. Was a nice teaser for the spin-off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great opening episode. Pretty good effects for The Absorbing Man as well

Took a dark turn with the Fitz reveal.

Good to see they have Skye in a more active role.

Having avoided spoilers, the opening was a pleasant surprise.

One thing I never understand about these shows that have a locked up criminal give them information is how is the info still relevant? Like if I was involved with Hydra and knew or even suspected members had been captured, I would change strategy, communication methods, etc. After all this is an organisation that hid its existence for decades.

Advertisement