Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He did kill the dog, didn't he? The first shot was to get the dog running, afterwhich he took aim with his rifle.

That could have been Garrett it wasn't shown who pulled the trigger if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't think we've been given any reason to assume it was anyone other than Ward.

Unless as people speculating it leads to some sort of redemption for Ward. We get the flashback later showing Garrett shoting the dog then putting Ward in his crosshairs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I assumed it was Garrett that shot the dog after ward couldn't do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I assumed it was Garrett as well, hence the constant goading about weakness. By the way, I think when he dropped the 2 out of the plan that it was low enough for them to survive easily enough and I don't know if it was ever supposed to be air tight, they'll clearly be ok imvho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Unless as people speculating it leads to some sort of redemption for Ward. We get the flashback later showing Garrett shoting the dog then putting Ward in his crosshairs.

Unless your talking about next weeks episode because that definitely did not happen in the this episode.It shows the crosshairs on the dog and then just cuts to Ward pulling the lever ejecting fitz and simmons from the plane.Whether he took the shot or not, the viewer is left to speculate.

Why would you be looking through Garrett's eyes when its Wards flashblack?

Unless your talking about next weeks episode because that definitely did not happen in the this episode.It shows the crosshairs on the dog and then just cuts to Ward pulling the lever ejecting fitz and simmons from the plane.Whether he took the shot or not, the viewer is left to speculate.

There should be an and between Ward and We not a full stop, But I think most people would have got what I was trying to say.

I'll need to proofread better before posting in future. lol

There should be an and between Ward and We not a full stop, But I think most people would have got what I was trying to say.

I'll need to proofread better before posting in future. lol
    Your grand Phil.I know, Tahiti was tough bro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

but it wasnt a ward flashback, it was just wards backstory, ward had a revolver, garrett have a rifle, unless the revolver grew a scope i highly doubt ward killed the dog,

i dont even understand why this is being debated being honest, its clear as day garrett killed the dog,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

You sure about that?Maybe should rewatch the last ten minutes;)
    yeah the big M2 rifle ( or whatever it was) he shot the deer with, i think we may have noticed him carrying that when they showed him shoot the revolver into the air,
    600px-MAOS_S1E21_05.jpg

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah the big M2 rifle ( or whatever it was) he shot the deer with, i think we may have noticed him carrying that when they showed him shoot the revolver into the air,
    600px-MAOS_S1E21_05.jpg

Na, he wasn't holding the rifle with the other hand after he fired the shot in the air with the revolver.I dunno it may or may not have being Ward who killed it but if they did show it,id say they would have got sued by PETA or something:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I assumed it was Garrett that shot the dog after ward couldn't do it.

Could have been a double bluff but doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jesus, there was less discussion when Skye was shot! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kirby wrote: »
    Jesus, there was less discussion when Skye was shot! :P

At that point in the show she deserved it to fúck. The show has actually gotten good since and Skye is a legit character!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've watched the last 5 episodes I think, so I'm still reeling! World has fallen apart, but Fitz is still pining for simms. If the fall was to kill them, it would have exploded, or been eaten by a megalodon or something. Those cops in the dinner were the worst ones ever. Must have just been on a "ask questions first, then shoot" seminar. She told them he had a gun and was dangerous!

Garret killed the dog, because ward couldn't. Loved fitz emp'ing garret. Hated him crying. I suppose he is still fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Fitz is a pain in the hole with his whole "Well isn't Ward actually good" whining. I bulk watched episodes since the Capt 2 crossover yesterday. Like another poster, I want Ward to be motivated to do what he's done by his allegience to HYDRA andbeing actually a rogue agent. He might have some shred of good in him by not actually carrying things trhough to the bitter end but is, fundamentally, a bad guy. Anything else is a complete cop out. If he's redemmed and becomes a SHIELD agent again then that's just BS. It's right up there with Arrow not putting down enemies instead of ensuring they go to prison where they can all subsequently escape, or Thor and Odin simply locking Loki up in prison where it's virtually 100% certain he's going to escape because he's a trickster and cause more serious trouble, especially so as he's a fundamental threat to the state. Not killing him was complete and utter BS and completely nullifies Thor as being any kind of smart or useful character in the Marvel universe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thor isn't smart, he is arrogant but he is also predetermined by Ragnarok to do what he has done, same as Odin. Loki is needed for Ragnarok to take place, will probably be the theme of Thor 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Loved the ode to The Avengers, the same weapon Coulson used on Loki he used tonight.

By the way, congrats on the promotion Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Brilliant Stuff altogether.

I'd watch hours of Clark Gregg and Sam Jackson on screen together!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Evolution in the Marvel Universe equals being a mutant, they're all fcuking mutants I tells ya. Damn I hope this has been picked up for a few years/seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Evolution in the Marvel Universe equals being a mutant, they're all fcuking mutants I tells ya. Damn I hope this has been picked up for a few years/seasons.

I this case it will be "miracles" not "mutants". Fox movie studios owns the rights to "mutants".

Eirc/Billy the Life Model Decoys :D, Mutants, Graviton and Ward as the big bad maybe season 2 looks like it could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Excellent finale, loved
    Garett's return, particularly having made an audible groan at being shown his body locked up for storage and cursing the show for doing the inevitable villain resurrection

I did note a lot of backpeddling by Ward, I really hope they don't plan on doing a redemption story, there's just no coming back even if he didn't kill the dog.

How many flipping cliff hangers does an episode need!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Garrett was such a great character, the show actually got better when he arrived. Glad that Raina is still out there, and it at least revealed why she was so interested in Skye. Looking forward to next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

Excellent finale, loved
    Garett's return, particularly having made an audible groan at being shown his body locked up for storage and cursing the show for doing the inevitable villain resurrection

Me too :p Groan turned into LOOL pretty quick though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Very good stuff.

With the Fitz Simmons stuck in a tub thing obviously at the very least one of them was going to get out but I think they did well to give it as much punch as it had.
    Both actors turned what could've been a boring and predictable visit to trope-land into quite a moving scene.

Something all these wave of Marvel films have done well is that they've taken the silly fantasy-taking-itself-too-seriously thing and juxtaposed it against real people going "what the actual **** are you on about?".
    You saw it with Thor and again today with Garrett's ramblings as seen by Coulson and Fury.
    For some fantasy series like Lord of the Rings you're in their world so you can get carried along with the seriousness but if it interacts with the real world or something close to it you need a bit of humour to smooth the transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Gbear wrote: »
    Very good stuff.

With the Fitz Simmons stuck in a tub thing obviously at the very least one of them was going to get out but I think they did well to give it as much punch as it had.
    Both actors turned what could've been a boring and predictable visit to trope-land into quite a moving scene.

+1 I will admit, I got a bit emotional during their scene. It was well done.

All round I really enjoyed it. There was so much happening. As mentioned the Garrett resurrection and subsequent put down was hilarious.

Samuel L just brings so much coolness. I hope he dips in and out next season. I liked his and Coulson's scenes together.

The last scene with Coulson writing on the wall the same kind of writing as Garrett had written at the start of the episode.....Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hah.
    Ming-Na Wen ‏@MingNa 16h
    All together now! NAIL HYDRA!! #AgentsofSHIELD #NailHydra

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked the fight between May and Ward and glad Ward wasn't killed off

Could Red Skull be Skye's father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't wait for next season. Just the idea of Coulson re-building SHIELD from scratch, is enough to make me excited, but then we got everything else on top of that.

Glad that Ward and Rayna are still alive as bad guys for Season 2, and really happy that Mike Peterson has the opportunity to redeem himself. Glad they didn't show any scenes with Fitz sitting up and well in a hospital bed - I want him to make a full recovery, but like the idea of him having a ways to go before that. Makes the risk and danger for all the characters, all the more real.

Advertisement