Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

keng66 wrote: »
    Got cut off yesterday morning, now waiting for the call, if heard nothing by Wed, will go into Carphone Warehouse and see what the story is.
    One thing i hadn't factored in was the other half looking for me to do stuff around the house yesterday as i wasn't watching skysports

Quick give sky what ever price they want !!! Anything to get out of jobs around the house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Got cut off yesterday morning, now waiting for the call, if heard nothing by Wed, will go into Carphone Warehouse and see what the story is.
    One thing i hadn't factored in was the other half looking for me to do stuff around the house yesterday as i wasn't watching skysports
    Whatever you do don't use the same bank account when signing up or they will cop that you are not a new customer and refuse to give you the deal. I know from experience:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

My house is now a $ky-free zone, turned off on Saturday (amazing how prompt they can be when it comes to that!). $ky box already removed and thrown into the garage. No adverse effects so far. No great offers to come back either. That "loyalty bonus" really kicked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

blastman wrote: »
    My house is now a $ky-free zone, turned off on Saturday (amazing how prompt they can be when it comes to that!). $ky box already removed and thrown into the garage. No adverse effects so far. No great offers to come back either. That "loyalty bonus" really kicked in!
    If you plug the box in and remove the card you should still be able to get all the UK freeview channels. BBC's etc. just so your not stuck with nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you plug the box in and remove the card you should still be able to get all the UK freeview channels. BBC's etc. just so your not stuck with nothing!
    Most if not all of the Sky boxes installed over the last couple of years dont allow ITV, Channel 5 etc to be picked up on FTA. A freeview card from the UK will sort that though.

• Advertisement

Easy lads, I had a Freesat HD box knocking around at home, so it has been deployed in the stead of the $ky box. I have all the BBCs, ITVs, Channel 4s and 5s that I could possibly want. I was disappointed that ITV 1 HD is gone though, would have been handy for the odd bit of sport they still do show.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Any reason not to avail of the Groupon half price offer?
    I've my SKY cancelled and due to finish on the 25th, Groupon offer is better than anything SKY have offered me direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

kaltz wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't use the same bank account when signing up or they will cop that you are not a new customer and refuse to give you the deal. I know from experience:mad:

Was going to give them a ring soon but this was playing on my mind as being an issue, did anybody else other than kaltz experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

I was disappointed that ITV 1 HD is gone though, would have been handy for the odd bit of sport they still do show.

I think you'll find if you use the correct postcode you'll get ITV HD. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I did this and it worked for a couple of days, now it won't switch on!! Standby light is on, but no matter how long its unplugged for, it won't come off standby when I plug it back in. Not an old box. Could they have them set up to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Easy lads, I had a Freesat HD box knocking around at home, so it has been deployed in the stead of the $ky box. I have all the BBCs, ITVs, Channel 4s and 5s that I could possibly want. I was disappointed that ITV 1 HD is gone though, would have been handy for the odd bit of sport they still do show.

ITV HD is still there @ 119

I was referring to a Sky box and not a Freesat box which is a completely different animal and doesnt answer the question raised regarding using the Sky box to get FTA channels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

anyway, anybody get any new deals ?

bromley52 wrote: »
    ITV HD is still there @ 119

Hmm, my channel 119 had disappeared for some reason, I'll try re-scanning when I get home, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Hmm, my channel 119 had disappeared for some reason, I'll try re-scanning when I get home, thanks.
    Like I said in my earlier post, if you re-scan with the appropriate postcode it should re-appear. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

tommycahir wrote: »
    Was going to give them a ring soon but this was playing on my mind as being an issue, did anybody else other than kaltz experience this?

Yeah same thing happened to me, set up in CPW, called sky to cancel my existing account girl on the phone put me on hold to "finalise the cancellation process" thencame back to me a few minutes later and told me there was a new account set up in my address in a new name but with the same bank account so she had cancelled the new account as you can't setup as a nee customer for 12 months after cancellation and that it's in there t&cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jay1988 wrote: »
    Yeah same thing happened to me, set up in CPW, called sky to cancel my existing account girl on the phone put me on hold to "finalise the cancellation process" thencame back to me a few minutes later and told me there was a new account set up in my address in a new name but with the same bank account so she had cancelled the new account as you can't setup as a nee customer for 12 months after cancellation and that it's in there t&cs.

Something similar(ish)

I rang Sky there and he said that deal was for new customers. He got quite quite nervous on the phone and said that Carphone can talk to me about it but he can't as I am a current customer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Rang yesterday and canceled after 12 years,offerred 20% but i would not take,See what happens now

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

So I've been out of contract with sky for over 12 months, am I right in thinking that I will be eligible for the CPW offer? Using the same current account as before for DD...?

epopnomis wrote: »
    So I've been out of contract with sky for over 12 months, am I right in thinking that I will be eligible for the CPW offer? Using the same current account as before for DD...?
    Yup, once you've have left them for 12 months or more you are deemed to be a new customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks,
    Long shot...I am on a contract till January with Sky. Is there anyway of getting out of it so myself or the wife could avail of the new CPW deal? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

which better Groupon or Carphone warehouse deal? if i want sports package with internet?
    and what is the best way to to deal with switching from upc (i have to send them a letter i reckon will take ages)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just got the CPW deal through work, exact same minus the tablet, If you work for a big company, keep an eye on your Sports and Social

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

Just got the CPW deal through work, exact same minus the tablet, If you work for a big company, keep an eye on your Sports and Social

The tablet seems to be hit and miss anyway. Totally depends on the sales person you get on the day. The one we spoke to was adamant that you only got the tablet if you signed up for a full price sub. Some people her have gotten them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

SteM wrote: »
    The tablet seems to be hit and miss anyway. Totally depends on the sales person you get on the day. The one we spoke to was adamant that you only got the tablet if you signed up for a full price sub. Some people her have gotten them though.

posting this from my free tablet :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

stream sky sports on a laptop with headphones
    no more nagging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Very easy actually, we did it today.

I had sky in my name and was on a half price variety and sports offer until March 2015 and full price HD so it was €43/48 a month.
    I git herself to ring sky today and say that she was in Carphone Warehouse yesterday and saw a flyer for Variety, HD and sports for €33. The rep put her on hold for a few minutes but came back and said she could give her the offer. We added multi room onto that for an extra €15 because she wanted that so to keep the peace I agreed :)
    I then rang back to cancel the sub in my name and was off the phone within 5 minutes.
    Easy process and worth the calls to save that bit extra for an extra 6 months.

How come it's only €33? I ordered same under Groupon and it costs €43.50 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭bren2001

IrishHomer wrote: »
    How come it's only €33? I ordered same under Groupon and it costs €43.50 per month?

Because that is the CPW deal. The Groupon deal is not "quite" as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IrishHomer wrote: »

There different offers. The Groupon one has HD at half price and the CPW has the HD for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There different offers. The Groupon one has HD at half price and the CPW has the HD for free.

Wow big difference, think I'll cancel the Groupon deal so

Advertisement