Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Had another call with them today and they wouldnt budge on the 50% deal. 15 years with them is finishing on Sunday (and starting again with the Groupon deal on monday:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi All,

Just off the phone to sky on this. The TV offer is great, however when I asked about the broadband they mentioned a €30 per month line rental.

Am I right in saying I'd be better off taking the TV off sky and one of the UPC broadband offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

A quick question, if I cancel my current Sky Subscription now (with 30 days notice) could I go into carphone warehouse and set up a new account under a different name? Or should I wait until the 30 days are finished?

Surely I could just push the installation of the carphone warehouse sky package until after my 30 day notice period is up?

• Advertisement

A quick question, if I cancel my current Sky Subscription now (with 30 days notice) could I go into carphone warehouse and set up a new account under a different name? Or should I wait until the 30 days are finished?

Surely I could just push the installation of the carphone warehouse sky package until after my 30 day notice period is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Beekay wrote: »

the only way you will find out is by ringing sky! a previous poster rang sky and ended up getting the deal on his existing account.

kooga wrote: »
    the only way you will find out is by ringing sky! a previous poster rang sky and ended up getting the deal on his existing account.

Yeah but if I sign up as a new customer with Carphone Warehouse I will get a new Sky+HD box free (already have one but need another for the other room) and I've to see about the free tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone know which Carphone Warehouse does the Sky deal? The only ones I've seen only seem to do UPC deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

SteM wrote: »
    Anyone know which Carphone Warehouse does the Sky deal? The only ones I've seen only seem to do UPC deals.

where are you based?

then go on the website and see what stores are near you and ring up and ask.

for me i can get it in the mallow shop but not in the instore carphone warehouse in harvey norman cork city

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    where are you based?

then go on the website and see what stores are near you and ring up and ask.

for me i can get it in the mallow shop but not in the instore carphone warehouse in harvey norman cork city

Sorry, in Dublin. If anyone on Dublin can put me on the right track I'd appreciate it - otherwise I'll start calling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

SteM wrote: »
    Sorry, in Dublin. If anyone on Dublin can put me on the right track I'd appreciate it - otherwise I'll start calling around.

I just ordered it from their Grafton store there during lunch, I also enquired about it in the Henry Street store yesterday and they do it too. They have no signs up for it, you gotta ask them at the desk.

Edit: Note the Grafton street store told me there is no tablet with the offer, maybe you will get more luck at a different store.

Benzino wrote: »
    I just ordered it from their Grafton store there during lunch, I also enquired about it in the Henry Street store yesterday and they do it too. They have no signs up for it, you gotta ask them at the desk.

Edit: Note the Grafton street store told me there is no tablet with the offer, maybe you will get more luck at a different store.

Thanks, will drop up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Walked into Carphone warehouse - Got Variety pack , sports + HD free installation , free HD box and a FREE tablet 12month contract and 33euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Walked into Carphone warehouse - Got Variety pack , sports + HD free installation , free HD box and a FREE tablet 12month contract and 33euro per month.

which CPW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

No sky now for over a month after having half price for guts of two years. Got a call yesterday half price sports with basic entertainment channels (€32) and he threw in first two months free. Price will last for 12 months but I am not tied into a contract. 30 days to cancel.

Firstly he tried to just offer basic entertainment for half. Price wih first 3 months free but told him I already get all I watch on Saorview only reason to go back to sky was sports. Then he offered the above. Asked about HD but he wanted full price and 12 months contract so I said no to that. Happy with the deal will get me until end of football season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

How easy is it to cancel your Sky subscription and then sign up as a new customer under your partners name?

I'm very interested in this current Carphone Warehouse offer that is going for new customers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How easy is it to cancel your Sky subscription and then sign up as a new customer under your partners name?

I'm very interested in this current Carphone Warehouse offer that is going for new customers...

Very easy...if you're living in sin, you dirty beggar.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

I enquired about sky deal in CPW Carrick on Shannon today.....basic and variety €15 a month for 12months. I asked about the free tablet and was told that was only available if you sign up for full price package!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sheroman01 wrote: »

Very easy actually, we did it today.

I had sky in my name and was on a half price variety and sports offer until March 2015 and full price HD so it was €43/48 a month.
    I git herself to ring sky today and say that she was in Carphone Warehouse yesterday and saw a flyer for Variety, HD and sports for €33. The rep put her on hold for a few minutes but came back and said she could give her the offer. We added multi room onto that for an extra €15 because she wanted that so to keep the peace I agreed :)
    I then rang back to cancel the sub in my name and was off the phone within 5 minutes.
    Easy process and worth the calls to save that bit extra for an extra 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

What number are people ringing to try get a deal on their sky... In laws are paying full price including sky sports. Want to try get a drop in price or bt sports included for much the same as paying now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RQ2013 wrote: »
    What number are people ringing to try get a deal on their sky... In laws are paying full price including sky sports. Want to try get a drop in price or bt sports included for much the same as paying now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Sky will do nothing as regards BT Sports pricing. Any offers will come from their resellers, Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Sky will do nothing as regards BT Sports pricing. Any offers will come from their resellers,

So to get a deal - need to ring sky first and get reduction and then ring setanta to hammer out deal with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Sky will do nothing as regards BT Sports pricing. Any offers will come from their resellers,

So to get a deal - need to ring sky first and get reduction and then ring setanta to hammer out deal with them?

you will be dealing with sky and setanta seperate , once you have sky you can get the setanta package for one euro for the first month

brophs wrote: »
    Very easy...if you're living in sin, you dirty beggar.

Ah c'mon now, we're all in this thread for the same reason ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Very easy actually, we did it today.

I had sky in my name and was on a half price variety and sports offer until March 2015 and full price HD so it was €43/48 a month.
    I git herself to ring sky today and say that she was in Carphone Warehouse yesterday and saw a flyer for Variety, HD and sports for €33. The rep put her on hold for a few minutes but came back and said she could give her the offer. We added multi room onto that for an extra €15 because she wanted that so to keep the peace I agreed :)
    I then rang back to cancel the sub in my name and was off the phone within 5 minutes.
    Easy process and worth the calls to save that bit extra for an extra 6 months.

Cheers, thanks for that, will give it a go :) I used to sell Sky a couple a years ago, so was just wondering if it was still as easy to do this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Signed up for the Carphone warehouse/Sky deal today.42 euro for the full package. Got an email from them a couple of hours later confirming the deal, but it had the full price of 96 euro .It did state not including any offers or promotions and these would be reflected in the bill.Anybody else get this type of email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Signed up for the Carphone warehouse/Sky deal today.42 euro for the full package. Got an email from them a couple of hours later confirming the deal, but it had the full price of 96 euro .It did state not including any offers or promotions and these would be reflected in the bill.Anybody else get this type of email?

Standard enough, my online account has always shown same. Full price excluding any offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Got cut off yesterday morning, now waiting for the call, if heard nothing by Wed, will go into Carphone Warehouse and see what the story is.
    One thing i hadn't factored in was the other half looking for me to do stuff around the house yesterday as i wasn't watching skysports

Advertisement