Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So, we were paying a mad €72 a month for just Variety + Sports. Went to cancel at the weekend, was on the phone for 40 minutes. My god, they are extremely annoying in trying to keep you as a customer. The usual crap of "we're sorry to see a long serving customer go" and "what are you going to without sky" and "once you cancel you wont be able to avail of any offers we offered here today". Her "offer" was a shoddy decrease to €61 a month. I said that was still far too expensive and that my partner will be signing up as a new customer in her house for the €33 a month deal. She claimed she never heard of the deal.

Anyway, got cancelled in the end. Went into CPW and got the €33 deal with no hassle at all. Sports + Variety + HD plus a new HD box for 33 quid, happy days :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Double posted, my apologies.

Okay I have FINALLY rang Sky!

After putting it off since February.

I'm on the €36 bundle, told him 20% off wasn't good enough so he gave €10 off which is about 27.5%, changed my arm and asked for a free OnDemand connector, mine works grand but I want the one that's powered off USB.

He said he'd have to find out about it but he'd let me know.

Not as good as some of the offers some of you have been getting but it's good enough for me!

Delighted :)

Okay I have FINALLY rang Sky!

After putting it off since February.

I'm on the €36 bundle, told him 20% off wasn't good enough so he gave €10 off which is about 27.5%, changed my arm and asked for a free OnDemand connector, mine works grand but I want the one that's powered off USB.

He said he'd have to find out about it but he'd let me know.

Not as good as some of the offers some of you have been getting but it's good enough for me!

Delighted :)

Just off the phone with them, they had to charge my card €12.99 but they put it as a credit off the bill straight away.

Saved €10 per month and a free OnDemand connector!

Result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

My sub ended yesterday, they rang me today and offered 6 months half price on any TV package, half-price HD, but nothing going on MUltiroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Due to be cut off Monday. Not sure if I should ring them to see if there's a deal or possibly go with the CPW deal.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm due to be cut off in about 5 days. When I put the cancellation through a few weeks ago there was an immediate offer of 35% off for 12 months on my account when I got off the phone, that has since disappeared and when I called them on Friday they said they didn't know of any such offer and could only give me 20% off and they wouldn't budge :confused:. I've been a customer with them for years and never missed a payment or had any reductions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Oh I'm letting it cancel alright, they can stick 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Due to be cancelled soon too
    Going to let it run and see refuse to pay over €50 for everything incl multiroom that was my limit and stuck to it last time
    Time to play the game

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »
    Due to be cancelled soon too
    Going to let it run and see refuse to pay over €50 for everything incl multiroom that was my limit and stuck to it last time
    Time to play the game

Hardball eh? :)

Let us know how ye get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kranbo

After years of inaction I decided to ring them to "cancel" after paying €92-€96 without all offers coming my way. I was offered a reduction to €79.50 straight away (12 month contract) but I refused. After checking with his supervisor etc there was no further reduction so I requested to proceed to cancellation.

The agent I was talking to advised he was proceeding with the cancellation but would have to transfer me to the billing dept to sort out my final bill - as soon as I was transferred I was offered €58.50 for 6 months - no contract- which I accepted.

To be honest I was prepared to cancel and move - but will stay as long as they are prepared to offer a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I cancelled in August and had a couple of calls with offers, turned two offers down and then seen the CPW deal. Was just about to order it when sky phoned back again. Half price for 12 months, no contract and €100 free credit, so I went for that €36 for everything bar the movies.
    Only took the Sports for the Ryder Cup, so will cancel sports now and I reckon I'll get to January with the free credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got a text this morning to say my sky bill for this month will be €102. It should be €43 I think after adding multiroom to the sports variety and HD CPW deal. I'll have to give them a ring later to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Got a text this morning to say my sky bill for this month will be €102. It should be €43 I think after adding multiroom to the sports variety and HD CPW deal. I'll have to give them a ring later to sort it.

How do you sign up for texts off Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got 28% off my TV bill for 9 months today. My 20% off expired tomorrow so rang up and got more off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How do you sign up for texts off Sky?

We gave them our mobile number when we signed up and the text just came through this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

They asked sky already and sky declined to provide information same as upc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Stinicker wrote: »
    More snooping by government agencies to steal wealth from the people.

Can you keep your shagging politics out of the thread, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

nonsense. rte is available to practicable 100% and tv3 went from 60%coverage to 98% with the D/S.

(98% saorview/practicable 100 saorsat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

donegal. wrote: »
    nonsense. rte is available to practicable 100% and tv3 went from 60%coverage to 98% with the D/S.

(98% saorview/practicable 100 saorsat)

I would love to see some links stating those figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

jay1988 wrote: »
    Some serious scaremongering and bull**** your coming out with there, sky and UPC have already stated they won't be giving out customers Info.
    i agree, complete rubbish, if that was the case the tv inspectors would have a contact name for an address as opposed to addressing it to the occupier ect, i know someone that has never had a tv licence at their address in 15 years from when the house was first built , they have sky
    licence is a waste of money but cant be avoided for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I know slightly off topic but relevant here for some who may have had their Sky disconnected but is C4/E4/More4 not available FTA through a Sky+HD box ? I've been cut off since last week and have tried removing my skycard and unplugging the sky box and still nothing ?? I have an older skybox as fta in a bedroom without any card and this has BBC as channel 101 and Ch4/E4/More4 ans so on, I thought when I removed my skycard from the newer +HD box the same would occur ?? Are the newer boxes different ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I know slightly off topic but relevant here for some who may have had their Sky disconnected but is C4/E4/More4 not available FTA through a Sky+HD box ? I've been cut off since last week and have tried removing my skycard and unplugging the sky box and still nothing ?? I have an older skybox as fta in a bedroom without any card and this has BBC as channel 101 and Ch4/E4/More4 ans so on, I thought when I removed my skycard from the newer +HD box the same would occur ?? Are the newer boxes different ??

If you are using tour sky box as a fta box you need to scan those channels in other channels or acquire a uk freesat from sky card which will have those channels on the main epg.

IIRC you should just need to disconnect the box from the mains for 30 seconds or so, reconnect the power and then power it back on without the card inserted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fAixgHwoA

Shred wrote: »
    IIRC you should just need to disconnect the box from the mains for 30 seconds or so and then power it back on without the card inserted.

Doesn't work on the new ones
    Last sky installer said all the new boxes are worthless without a subscription, I have a few older boxes under the stairs for back up

Ah the bastids, I might have to move my old Sky+ box back downstairs after tomorrow so.

Doesn't work on the new ones
    Last sky installer said all the new boxes are worthless without a subscription, I have a few older boxes under the stairs for back up

It seems this is the case indeed,not totally worthless but certainly a lot less useful.:mad:

It seems this is the case indeed,not totally worthless but certainly a lot less useful.:mad:

worthless for watching free to air but still worth 40 quid on adverts, that is where my last one went

• Advertisement

I took the bull by the horns in the last hour and am now signed back up for 9 months half price Sky World :D:D

Advertisement