Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

codie wrote: »
    Well I knew I was a gonner at that stage.Didn't do me any harm anyway cause I rang back 20 mins for my UAN number and got €10 off my talk and broadband for 9 months.

10/10 for neck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

The deals that can be got aren't an entitlement but a bonus for what is in fairness a great service. I think it's fair enough they wouldn't keep offering someone the 50% off.

I don't see electric, heating, phone providers etc. giving out anything like these retention offers.

Your also nothing but a big child throwing his toys out of the pram using the I pay your wages line.

Bit OTT with that comment.I have been on 1/2 price for the last 3 to 4 years.When you hear crap like we have saved you over €2000 in the last 3 years.You swear Sky were doing me a personal favor and providing the service for free.Imagine the money they were making from people before the downturn and before the big 50% or so discounts they are giving.Their prices were way overinflated but there you go some people are just gullible.Sky don't give a rats ass about you, me or anyone else.Wake up .If you can find a bottle of cop on drink that too.

Bit OTT with that comment.I have been on 1/2 price for the last 3 to 4 years.When you hear crap like we have saved you over €2000 in the last 3 years.You swear Sky were doing me a personal favor and providing the service for free.Imagine the money they were making from people before the downturn and before the big 50% or so discounts they are giving.Their prices were way overinflated but there you go some people are just gullible.Sky don't give a rats ass about you, me or anyone else.Wake up .If you can find a bottle of cop on drink that too.

Row row row row...... as we used to say in the CBS:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Have to ring them tomorrow as my 9month offer expired on Sunday. What number do you ring? Also if I say I'm cancelling are the giving any offers at the moment?

Someone mentioned you can she offers for you online, whereabouts is that?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

jca wrote: »
    Row row row row...... as we used to say in the CBS:pac::pac::pac:

Didn't know the Christian Brothers were big into boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Little touchy aren't we. Where do you find these bottles of cop on you talk of? Any 50% deals on them?

Little touchy aren't we. Where do you find these bottles of cop on you talk of? Any 50% deals on them?

I suppose you'd get them in any Cop Shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Called Sky earlier... they asked me where did I see this 50% deal. I said boards.ie.. The guy came back after speaking to his manager and asked was it a CPW official representative posting about the offer and I said no.

He said he's never heard of the offer but could discuss a package. I asked if the half price offer would apply and he said no. I respectfully stated it was clear many were getting the offer and he replied "don't believe everything you read on the net".

Rang UPC and they offered me 50 quid a month off our existing package (200mb bb, 2 room tv with Sky Sports).. Reckon I'll stick with UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Sky was disconnected on the 7th Sept, had a missed call from them last Friday, they rang again this morning.

Offered half price on any package, HD for €5 for 12 months with €100 credit added to my account and no contract. This was my first time cancelling, was with sky for 11 yrs before this.

Now have everything for €45.50 p/m + €100 will cover the first 2 months. 2 weeks without the tv was worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Turned on TV this morning to discover they've disconnected me 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I took the CPW offer. Got a text saying my first bill would be €51. Should be €5 (€15 -10 deposit). Called them and they said it has been changed but if I am still charged the wrong amount they would give me 3 months free.

Can't wait to argue that 3 months free is not 3 months paid in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you not request this or what's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

muffler wrote: »

No issue Muffler, keeping people abreast of the situation as I will do if and when I get a call from Sky. That okay with you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

anyone ever get the call before the screen went blank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No issue Muffler, keeping people abreast of the situation as I will do if and when I get a call from Sky. That okay with you ?
    I dont think there will be too many people interested in knowing if you have been cut off or not. I know I'm not as that type of post is lending nothing to the thread.

However if you're posting up about whatever offers you've been made, well thats a different story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I dont think there will be too many people interested in knowing if you have been cut off or not. I know I'm not as that type of post is lending nothing to the thread.

However if you're posting up about whatever offers you've been made, well thats a different story :)

Enigma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Aaaaaaannnyyyyhhhooooooo.....

Rang Sky this evening as they have twice refused to give a competitive deal with CPW and cancelled.they gave it the "you are a valuable customer for x years" which really didn't tally with the crap offers I got.

So long Sky.. hello Sky better offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cavanman..

Anyone know what is latest installation date with CPW offer please??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Vego wrote: »
    anyone ever get the call before the screen went blank ?
    I got a call from them five working days in a row from the day I put through the cancellation request. Since then, nothing (screen went black nearly two weeks ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Any deals on sky sports?
    Was offered €10 a month for 3 months recently but offer seems to be no longer available. Now 18 per mth for 6 mths. Anyone get anything better recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

everlast75 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaannnyyyyhhhooooooo.....

Rang Sky this evening as they have twice refused to give a competitive deal with CPW and cancelled.they gave it the "you are a valuable customer for x years" which really didn't tally with the crap offers I got.

So long Sky.. hello Sky better offer!

Same as.

Rang Sky last night to cancel it in the wife's name.
    Didn't really get much of an offer. They did offer to take off the Discovery channels and stuff though! :rolleyes:

Anyways, went ahead with the cancellation, and heading to CPW later to take them up on their offer.

Knowing our luck though, the wife will get a call in a month from Sky offering us free Sky for 9 months! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Now signed up through CPW in my name! Install date next Thursday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

Did the same except in reverse. My wife signed up yesterday for the CPW deal and then I cancelled my Sky today. At the end of the call, the girl said that no new connections were allowed at the address in the next 12 months, even in a different name.
    Any cause for concern with that statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

is the sky better than UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

maticm18 wrote: »

A matter of opinion. There are loads of posts in the Cable, Satellite & MMDS forum giving the pros & cons of each system. Do a search in that forum & you should unearth some goodies:).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

<<< sky broadband / ex sky tv customers >>>

i cancelled sky tv ages ago but i still have sky broadband.
    got a call today offering me half price tv for 12months with no contract and 100euros credit. I'm going to give my 30days notice tomorrow and use the money to pay for my broadband for the next couple of months.

(Also, you can threaten to cancel your sky broadband and get a better offer. I was paying 40 a month, now reduced to 30 a month.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Apart from the free Tablet I can't find any pricing details for Sky on the CPW website, has anyone got a link to their pricing / discounts?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

maticm18 wrote: »

TV is on another planet compared Horizon, UPC Broadband is on another planet compared to sky.

Advertisement