Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long do you need top be out of contract before you are considered to be a "New Customer"?
    Or can you cancel current contract and then sign up to this offer in your partners name?

I think it is 12 months you need to be out of contract

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Just sign up under a different name.
    It also saves them "Free New install" it if it's there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

blastman wrote: »
    So what were you trying to achieve?

I'm trying to achieve a better deal that that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Robbie G wrote: »

use a different name like the other poster said, also make sure you get new box and remote
    i have given notice and then joined again same day as a new customer got 50 quid off them for joining and a deal on my subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

What quantifies as a new name? Like does it have to be a different surname?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just sign up under a different name.
    It also saves them "Free New install" it if it's there already.

Does anyone know if you can use different name BUT the same Bank details?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Raoul wrote: »
    What quantifies as a new name? Like does it have to be a different surname?

Get someone else in your household to sign up and use their name or instead of using your first name and surname use your first name and middle name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can use different name BUT the same Bank details?

Had various different names
    My name
    Wife's maiden name
    And an o' onto the surname
    Always used the same bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Robbie G wrote: »

But you didn't cancel, so they're unlikely to offer you anything, so why not take what was offered as it's still better than nothing? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

does everyone get "the call" who cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Vego wrote: »

Disconnected on Sunday, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Vego wrote: »

Seen this in the other tread, I hope I can offered it after I'm cut off on Friday

"FYI Carphone Warehouse are doing a deal until the 25Th of September.

New customers only but someone else in the household can sign up.

€15 for the variety pack (including HD)
    Free Sky+ HD box and tandard set up

Add sports and movies for a total package price of €42 a month for the full 12 months

If you dont want movies you can just add the sports for an extra €18

Offer isnt on the CPW website but Ive gott he info from an advisor in store."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

keng66 wrote: »
    Seen this in the other tread, I hope I can offered it after I'm cut off on Friday

"FYI Carphone Warehouse are doing a deal until the 25Th of September.

New customers only but someone else in the household can sign up.

€15 for the variety pack (including HD)
    Free Sky+ HD box and tandard set up

Add sports and movies for a total package price of €42 a month for the full 12 months

If you dont want movies you can just add the sports for an extra €18

Offer isnt on the CPW website but Ive gott he info from an advisor in store."
    Available "in store" but I wonder is it all stores and do you have to buy anything to get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Has anyone availed of the groupon deal? Seems to good to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jhammer wrote: »
    Has anyone availed of the groupon deal? Seems to good to be true.

Yeah, ordered it last night, Variety + Sports + HD all half price for 12-months.

Already have eVision so going to use that as a multiroom setup.

They charge you €10 over the phone via debit/credit card but refund that, plus the €9 you paid Groupon, onto your first bill.

Viewing card in the post, they would have set up the install over the phone too, only we're on a KBO managed communal system so have to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Kensington wrote: »
    Yeah, ordered it last night, Variety + Sports + HD all half price for 12-months.

They charge you €10 over the phone via debit/credit card but refund that, plus the €9 you paid Groupon, onto your first bill.

Viewing card in the post, they would have set up the install over the phone too, only we're on a KBO managed communal system so have to call them.

Did you order through the standard number - Call 0818 719 852 and just quote the groupon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jhammer wrote: »
    Did you order through the standard number - Call 0818 719 852 and just quote the groupon?

Called 0818 904 059 and it puts you straight through to sales.

They need the "Groupon Code" on the top left hand corner of your voucher, your direct debit or debit/credit cards details for your monthly payment, they will also need a debit/credit card while on the phone as they charge you a €10 "deposit" which gets refunded to your first bill along with the €9 Groupon charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Carphone warehouse

Rang the Mallow branch to query the deal, as its about time my parents offloaded their UPC MMDS set up

The offer is true available till the 25/9/14

€15 a month for variety and HD for 12 months.
    €18 extra for sports

The full package is €42 a month, including variety, HD, sports and movies.

€10 set up fee, which will be refunded at first bill

There is no installation fee.

Seems the best deal out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

kooga wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse

Rang the Mallow branch to query the deal, as its about time my parents offloaded their UPC MMDS set up

€15 a month for variety and HD for 12 months. The full package is €42 a month, including sports and movies.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got FREE HD offer in the post.
    Said from 30th Sep to end of April but checked last night and all the HD channels were working, the ones that I subscribed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kensington wrote: »

And how much does this cost you per month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

rang yesterday for the parents as they where on the basic 20% off they have variety pack + sports + HD, from the outset I was only taking 50% off otherwise I was cancelling.

First guy gave me the run through asking what do we watch, do we watch documentaries, what sports do we watch (wasn't going to fall into the trap of being offered one sports channel that people have taken so listed off a few) he accepted what I had to say and proceeded to tell me that the upc €1 sports offer is a very good deal and that there is no way they can be making money off it, what me laugh though was when he asked if we watched Sky Atlantic when I said it would be watched the odd time he told me "nobody else in the world has this channel so you wont be able to watch those programmes anywhere else (oh the lols).

Anyway we got to his offer and he couldn't improve on the 20% offer which I told him wasn't a good enough offer anyway it was basically just HD for free, so he put through my cancellation and then asked out of nowhere if I would like to talk to another company(corrected himself & said another department) that does work for them who might be able to give me a better offer.

Onto the next chap and he tells me that I have been a loyal customer been with sky since 2003 and they wouldn't like to see me go. He "looks" at my account and repeats what offer I'm on and proceeds to make me offer, how he put it was that he was giving me sports for free HD half price & variety full price, working this out I knew this was the same as giving me all 3 packages for half price he rambled on for a bit without giving me a price so I asked him for a price & what would you know it was indeed my whole package @ 50% off.

What I ended up getting was my tv package offer for 6 months to March next year and HD offer for 9 months to June next year, why the difference in dates ? god knows I was happy enough to get the offer for 6 months so wasn't going to push it for 9. call took 23mins in total which I thought wasn't bad

moral of the story sky are still offering existing customers 50% off after a few above saying their 50% offers have disappeared, just a thanks to all those in this thread that have given tips and shared what offers they've gotten and what they haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Carphone warehouse

€18 extra for sports

The full package is €42 a month, including sports and movies.

Do you know for the 42 euro do you ger sky sports in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Do you know for the 42 euro do you ger sky sports in HD

yes both movies and sports

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DermoMIO wrote: »
    What I ended up getting was my tv package offer for 6 months to March next year and HD offer for 9 months to June next year, why the difference in dates ? god knows I was happy enough to get the offer for 6 months so wasn't going to push it for 9. call took 23mins in total which I thought wasn't bad

you'd want to check taking HD didn't put you into a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Carphone warehouse

€18 extra for sports

The full package is €42 a month, including sports and movies.

Thanks. I have been off sky for a month or so, but am tempted to go for this for the variety, sports + HD @ €33 signing up on the wife's name and see if I can get away with it.

I already have the old HD box, so might just hide it (good to have a spare)

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you'd want to check taking HD didn't put you into a 12 month contract.

I'v always been on HD and am on half price HD for 9 months so there is no reason for them to put me on a contract which I knew myself and the guy kindly told me I wasn't in a contract and could cancel any time, not every positive needs a negative :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DermoMIO wrote: »
    I'v always been on HD and am on half price HD for 9 months so there is no reason for them to put me on a contract which I knew myself and the guy kindly told me I wasn't in a contract and could cancel any time, not every positive needs a negative :)

idk then, you wanted a reason, you got one & there's a good reason for them to put you on a contract pacman.gif

i was told before on the phone by them HD is a 12 month contract, i know they'd tell you anything on the phone but i think someone mentioned here that it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Carphone warehouse

€18 extra for sports

The full package is €42 a month, including variety, HD, sports and movies.

The CPW website also states free tablet with ALL TV packages!
    Will have to try for that as well when I get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Seriously ....sky advertising half price packages for new customer...yet when existing out of contract customers want a new deal "oh all we can do is ....." what a crock of s......

Advertisement