Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Just checked my SKY account, the offer of 25% off plus a free SKY+ box is gone,
    wonder if they are playing hardball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭randombar

Any landline number to call them, that 0818 number will cost me a whack if I'm waiting 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

nc6000 wrote: »
    So has everyone who cancelled or threatened to cancel received the 50% offer?

Nope, called cancelling on 23rd August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Rang sky nothing major really offered probably just going to cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

has anyone taken up the 25% off for new customers offer ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My sky account is cancelled a couple of weeks now and i got the 3 months free and then 50% off offer. When i rang them tho to see if perhaps they could do something about my faulty sky box they were unable to offer any solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Yes, it seems they have 'fixed' the issue where people were being offered the UK offers of 35%/50% off via my Sky.
    Although I would bet that if you rang the UK number you'd still get the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

sometimes you have to go ahead with the cancellation but they will ring back shortly before or just after cut off date
    have faith and cancel if you are not offered 50 per cent off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have always been inundated with offers from sky once I have been cut off, rarely receive calls from them though, I missed one and the last time I answered got 2 months free and half price for next 10 months after that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ronan wrote: »
    Yes, it seems they have 'fixed' the issue where people were being offered the UK offers of 35%/50% off via my Sky.
    Although I would bet that if you rang the UK number you'd still get the offer.

Yeah gone from my mysky page too. Wonder what this means for the bargains now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Sorry to interrupt lads but when you have the Sky HD pack, RTE 2 HD changes from 115 to 102 right? Mine did that originally but it's been switched back again. Anyone know a quick fix to get RTE2 HD back to 102 rather than the SD channel be on 102.

The other channels like Sky sports for example are in HD from 401-406 they're fine just issue with RTE 2 HD.

Thanks.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt lads but when you have the Sky HD pack, RTE 2 HD changes from 115 to 102 right? Mine did that originally but it's been switched back again. Anyone know a quick fix to get RTE2 HD back to 102 rather than the SD channel be on 102.

The other channels like Sky sports for example are in HD from 401-406 they're fine just issue with RTE 2 HD.

Thanks.
    What's the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Aodhagan wrote: »

Thanks.

That's strange, I don't have the HD pack and RTE2 HD is on 102 along with UTV HD on 103.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What's the difference

cycle through the irish channels with + - buttons
    jca wrote: »
    That's strange, I don't have the HD pack and RTE2 HD is on 102 along with UTV HD on 103.

what sort of witchcraft is this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Anyone know when Sky will put up RTE one HD?

The difference in the match on sunday was unreal on my tv, went from Sky rte1 sd to saorview rte1 hd, wow.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

batistuta9 wrote: »
    cycle through the irish channels with + - buttons

what sort of witchcraft is this? :pac:
    TV guide is fairly quick especially when you can select hd channels only
    Rte 2 hd is 102 for me
    Still nothing on it worth watching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

thats unreal ..how can they not let anyone wanting to renew get a deal like that

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Called up there. Got offered €11 off our €35 package for 9 months no contract.

Didn't take it. Also didn't cancel .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is this for ireland ? It's a super deal.

well its 9 euro for the deal so i would say so:D
    great deal considering how much the phone calls cost to drop the price

well its 9 euro for the deal so i would say so:D
    great deal considering how much the phone calls cost to drop the price

I missed that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Philip7304

Just cancelled my Sky sub after joining when they launched in Ireland. Think it was 98 or 99...cancelled sports and movies two years ago to reduce costs.. always had full package..movies sports..didnt get any discount offers....currently have hd and multiroom 66e...
    Got through to the Irish call centre and in fairness very friendly..but best offer I got was a €11 discount...

I do need to reduce outgoings but I want a better deal than Groupon offer today..

Will keep you updated..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Robbie G wrote: »

So what were you trying to achieve?

're rang sky today said not happy with the price offered yesterday ..to be told oh he shouldn't have offered you said price ...he then proceeded to add another 8 Euro on to original quote ....at that point we said we're just gonna cancel ....sky are a bunch of idiots

Vego wrote: »
    're rang sky today said not happy with the price offered yesterday ..to be told oh he shouldn't have offered you said price ...he then proceeded to add another 8 Euro on to original quote ....at that point we said we're just gonna cancel ....sky are a bunch of idiots

all calls are recorded so you could argue you're case and get that price if you wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Robbie G wrote: »

I got that too last week and didn't take it. Called back this week and they offered the same deal but also 1/2 price HD for 9 months but nothing off multiroom. I didn't take it but told them I would think about it.
    I will call up and cancel and see what they say today

all calls are recorded so you could argue you're case and get that price if you wanted

Original quote wasn't great anyway just rubbed salt into the wound when you get a price hike instead if cut (on quote)

Will play the waiting game for now have till the 11th till the screen goes blank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Does anyone know how long do you need top be out of contract before you are considered to be a "New Customer"?
    Or can you cancel current contract and then sign up to this offer in your partners name?

Advertisement