Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options
1205206207208209211»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭hotshots85

I got on to them re the same thing back in August and they put me back to my original contract date

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kenn0

Just cancelled my package there.

they offered €8 off a month to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

I was told there was no offers available, said that was grand I give vodafone a Ring, they then offered 12 Euro off per month

From sky today

Get over 45% off Sky TV for 12 months

We hate goodbyes, so we've got an offer for you to stay with Sky TV. Get Sky Signature for €22.55 per month for 12 months when you sign up for another year (RRP €46 per month).

Existing Sky Sports and/or Sky Cinema customer, we have something for you too. Keep Sky Sports for only an additional €22 per month (RRP €40 per month), Sky Cinema for €11 per month (RRP €20 per month) or take both for €26.95 per month (RRP €49 per month). 

To claim your offer, select the 'Take your offer' button below. This offer will replace any existing TV offers on your account. 

By selecting the 'Take your offer' button below, you agree to the terms and conditions of the offer below and confirm that you are the account holder and authorised to make changes to this account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

I gather you have told them to cancel your services, that they sent you that. it was down to 28 they took my bill for Sky signature

how long have you being with Sky out of interest

• Advertisement

17 years

yes I have cancelled. Last bill was paid yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Any cancellation deals got recently?

Currently on tv and broadband for €53 Which expires next month

Estimated bill for April @ €109

49 BASIC TV

60 for broadband

hoping they will offer something similar to last 12 months when i go with cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Bellie1

My own experience before Christmas was no deals on the table.. I was hoping until the week before that they would offer something but nada

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

What’s the number to call these days folks? Email to say price is going up so want to see if any offers on

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

0818 500 160

Contract up next month - was due to increase to €172 per week for Full Sports, movies, HD, ultra HD and Superfast Broadband.

Just signed up for another 12 months at €121 pm - took a few calls.

• Advertisement

Put a call in to cancel both tv and broadband got the usual small offers to try stay but went through with cancellation

Got email today offering 50% Off tv for 12 months only which is good

anyone ever get broadband offer separately through email? would like to keep both together

Was paying 53 for both till last month and was up to 109 from next month

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

Just cancelled my TV. Hoping for the usual email with a better offer. Do they usually give an even better offer if you wait for the services to actually be turned off?

My broadband isn’t with Sky, so thinking it could be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

How long after cancelling did you get the 50% off email? I'd like to try cancelling and waiting on an offer before the 30 days but don't want to lose all my recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I tried it before and didn’t lose recordings. I was away from sky for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

My bill was due to be 191. BB, Signature, HD, Multiroom, Sports, Movie (No TNT sports) - previously 129.50

My BB was out of contract so price had gone full (500mb) so they offered me 500mb for 45pm. I said no I can get 1GB for that. So I moved it to Vodafone, the next week. Told them to cancel Sports and Movies (was fed up with ringing up, cancelling, then having to ring back up and get the half price deal again for 6 months dance) and told them cancel HD and Ultimate.

Checked my account and they had cancelled everything except Ultimate and then added in new Ultimate charges and a Netflix upgrade to Standard fee too (none of which I asked for). It was 94.50 with these. Rang to cancel those to minimise deal until my contract expires in October, he offered me I think 5 off my Signature and 7 off multiroom (how the hell is that 20 euro for goodness sake).

So now I've taken my 191 down to 49 + 20 for Signature and Multiroom. He asked if he could keep me. I said well 3 months ago I was paying 129.50 for broadband and TV with all sports and movies. I'm now not paying sky for broadband which for TV only I had been essentially paying 94 euro with my discounts (Signature, HD, Multiroom, Sports, Movies). Now I'm paying 94.50 for Signature and Multiroom and Ultimate.

So now cancelling Ultimate I'm down to 69 for the remainder of contract just with basic channels. I told them that I would do a deal for TV, Sports, Movies, HD, Ultimate, if they would tie the discounts for 12 months and not 6 months as I am tied to a contract where all the elements I want increase exponentially half way through a deal.

They said they can't do that. I pointed out that Sky Stream offers exactly that. Discounts on the elements of a package that last the duration of the contract. So I reckon at this point for simplicity of contract I'll switch to stream. It's not the ideal service, i'd prefer to stay on Q but I think price wise it's right where you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

I left sky tv a long time ago and just have them for broadband at the moment. They keep ringing at least once or twice a week. I told them I’ll do a deal where I’ll pay it all on the broadband and tv is free but they say no. So instead of 30 on bb and 25 on tv I say I’ll do bb for 55 and tv for 0 as I can claim the bb fee.
    I guess their numbers are down overall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is their BB any good? Have you got ftth with them? My contract with VM is coming to an end and I'm thinking of going ftth now that it's finally available, it's just so difficult to pick a provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Was out for 2 days once but that was due to some idiot destroying the cable and took out a lot of Kildare but it’s through Siro lines. Apart from that I’ve no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Anyone else getting offered Multiroom free for 12 months? I rang them to try to get it and they claimed the only offer available is free for 2 months and €10 a month after that but I don't see any mention of 2 months free. It seems to imply it's free for the 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its free for 2 months only but only if you agree to keep it for 12 months. So 2 months free and then 10 months at €20 a month.

• Advertisement

Got email about 5 days after cancellation

I didnt take them up on it

wife wants to hold out in hope they will reduce broadband also,i don't think we will hear from them again, and when we get cut off on the 20th it will be my fault 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Advertisement