Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Wow big difference, think I'll cancel the Groupon deal so

Well that's the only way I could figure the difference in price between both.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

emmetkenny wrote: »
    the CPW has the HD for free.
    Actually the HD is full price on all CPW deals. The variety pack is free. Sports is half price and movies full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

So I keep reading different things. If I cancel my dad's account and start a new one with my name and bank account I won't classed as a new customer for the cpw deal?

Beekay wrote: »
    So I keep reading different things. If I cancel my dad's account and start a new one with my name and bank account I won't classed as a new customer for the cpw deal?
    Its not just the CPW deal or any deal for that matter. Sky have specific T & C's that apply to ALL offers and all new "sign ups" in general whether they're availing of an offer or not.

I think there is a bit of confusion out there where some people think that you can simply walk into CPW and sign up and thats that. Sky appear to check and cross match names, addresses and bank details. In your case the address could well be a problem. Different name ticks a box as does a different bank account but can you re-name or re-word the address in some way?

Im not saying they're all checked but there's a fair chance they will be especially given the offer involved. Then again you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sky was switched off yesterday. Rang them up and immediately was able to get 9 months half price variety, movies and sports (€40.50), half price HD (€7.5) and a new HD wireless box with free installation and a new dish if we need it. Fairly happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Just rang SKY after being cut off on Sunday, was paying €72.6 for variety +sports+multiroom, got offered same plus movies plus HD for €63, very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Got the 50% offer recently. Looking at my upcoming bill I see that the discount will only be applied to the subscription pack (Variety) and not the HD pack. Is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Got the 50% offer recently. Looking at my upcoming bill I see that the discount will only be applied to the subscription pack (Variety) and not the HD pack. Is this the norm?

It really seems to depend on who you get through to, I got 50% of everything except the multiroom, I'm paying €48 for variety, HD, sports & movies and then an extra €15 for multiroom

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Does anyone know if any of the limerick stores doing the sky deal in cpw?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I've been off Sky for about 3 weeks and I got a call fromSky today and was offered 50% off any package, HD for €5 and €100 credit on my account, 12 month offer and no contract, which is great if I decide to ditch Sports in May.

So, original bundle and Sports for €37 a month and if you take the credit into account it is effectively €28.66 a month, thought it was as good an offer as I'm going to get so decided to take it. Rep told me if I wanted to add to the package in the 12 months (Movies etc..) it would be at a 50% also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

It'll be 4 weeks to the day tomorrow that I made the cancellation phonecall, we're gonna turn on the skybox one of these evenings and the kids are gonna be disappointed :p

Interesting few days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Mine is gone since last monday dont know weather to wait for them to ring and make an offer or get herself to sign up as a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Got the why are you leaving email yesterday ....I'd say it a fairly standard thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Whereabouts in the Sky account would I find details of any offers they made? Due to be cut off next week.

Whereabouts in the Sky account would I find details of any offers they made? Due to be cut off next week.
    If there is an offer there it would show up when you click on the "my Sky" tab.

I dont think they are doing that any more though. I cancelled over a month ago and after I was cut off the only thing I seen was a link to offers and when I clicked on that there was then a message saying that offers could not be displayed and to call 0818 719852.

Under pressure from her good self I did ring and they give me half price basic pack with sports for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Just signed up to the cpw deal 42 euro sky variety+sports+movies + HD happy out 12 months can't go wrong with it. I did chance the tablet too but no deal ha said it to him was worth the try at least he just laughed said i wasn't the only one to try it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Rang them and got 50% off the HD too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

can u sign up for the deal and sports and maybe cancel sports bit after a while? or are you locked into whatever you sign up for, for the 12 mths?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrSpud

I've been looking into getting the CPW Sky deal too but the store in OMNI Shopping Centre told me they don't sell any Sky packages. What stores have people been using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

MrSpud wrote: »
    I've been looking into getting the CPW Sky deal too but the store in OMNI Shopping Centre told me they don't sell any Sky packages. What stores have people been using?

from reading some of the posts here, some people have just rang sky and asked for the CPW offer.

list of cpw that do sky here
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/sky-tv-and-broadband/1041

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MrSpud

kooga wrote: »
    from reading some of the posts here, some people have just rang sky and asked for the CPW offer.

Thanks kooga! I can confirm ringing any mentioning cpw deal is enough, they were very accommodating!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

My package is due to switch off the weekend .Rang to see could I get a deal package and rep said I have been on 1/2 price for so long they cannot give me any more discounts.I must of rattled some feathers somewhere.When I was disconnecting couple of weeks back I got through to a right assh*** and had an arguement with him.Told me he was marking my card for me and I will never again get an offer.This time they wanted €108.50 for variety/sports/broadband and talk.Rep said I have saved well over €2000 in the life time of the discounts I got and they can't keep giving discounts.I answered back with how about all the money I gave Sky over the years - works both ways boy-.Told him I was keeping him in a job.Ended up telling them to get stuffed.Have to send the wife into CPW now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

codie wrote: »
    My package is due to switch off the weekend .Rang to see could I get a deal package and rep said I have been on 1/2 price for so long they cannot give me any more discounts.I must of rattled some feathers somewhere.When I was disconnecting couple of weeks back I got through to a right assh*** and had an arguement with him.Told me he was marking my card for me and I will never again get an offer.This time they wanted €108.50 for variety/sports/broadband and talk.Rep said I have saved well over €2000 in the life time of the discounts I got and they can't keep giving discounts.I answered back with how about all the money I gave Sky over the years - works both ways boy-.Told him I was keeping him in a job.Ended up telling them to get stuffed.Have to send the wife into CPW now.

Very clever move with the "I'm paying your wages" line. That will really help.

You're aware they now check addresses etc for recent accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

codie wrote: »

The I'm paying your wages line, Yep that should seal the deal alright.... Very Tactful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

The deals that can be got aren't an entitlement but a bonus for what is in fairness a great service. I think it's fair enough they wouldn't keep offering someone the 50% off.

I don't see electric, heating, phone providers etc. giving out anything like these retention offers.

Your also nothing but a big child throwing his toys out of the pram using the I pay your wages line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I think it's fair enough they wouldn't keep offering someone the 50% off.

I have done for about 4 years now.. get told that they cannot keep giving me 50% off.. guess what call comes thru in the following 28 days.. ;)

Would be all over the CPW deal but not sure I could swing it as all accounts are in my name and obviously no spoofing the address, tried to see if wife had any accounts in her maiden name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I kept meaning to ring Sky about the letter we got re box sets needing hd subscription etc.
    Hubbie was in shopping centre on his lunch break and got chatting to the guy at the sky and mentioned to him that he didn't really understand it, did we not have it already? (playing daft!) Guy explained it to him and said it was €15 per month, said he could get it for us for €7.50 for 12 months - needed our sky details.

Low and behold - we have HD subscription now for €7.50 per month. I had rang enquiring into HD a few times over the last year and they would not budge on €15 - kept trying the sports/movies offers on us which I know we won't get the benefit/use out of.

The face on our F1 mad son to have the F1 channel is worth it! (so not worth €15 per month not to have my tv anymore!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The deals that can be got aren't an entitlement but a bonus for what is in fairness a great service. I think it's fair enough they wouldn't keep offering someone the 50% off.

I don't see electric, heating, phone providers etc. giving out anything like these retention offers.

Your also nothing but a big child throwing his toys out of the pram using the I pay your wages line.

The marginal cost to give someone a 50% discount on their sky subscription is next to nothing. not quite the same for the other utilities you mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

jca wrote: »
    The I'm paying your wages line, Yep that should seal the deal alright.... Very Tactful.

Well I knew I was a gonner at that stage.Didn't do me any harm anyway cause I rang back 20 mins for my UAN number and got €10 off my talk and broadband for 9 months.

Advertisement