Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Is there any deals that include broadband, and if so how much can I expect to pay? Ive never been a sky customer but am moving house next month.
    Also is there any link to the 38€ deal so I can see exactly what channels I am getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was told €42 per month. It's slightly cheaper than the €43.50 I had prior to cancelling - had HD at €7.50pm then.
    Cool I'd be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭bromley52

Got a call this morning offering the variety pack free for 5 months and then 50% off for the remains 7 months, no contract. I took it and totally intend cancelling after 5 months. So far this year I have been given free Sky for Jan, Feb, Apr, May, and now end Jun until Nov. They must be really desperate for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ringing tomorrow to cancel,paying €52 monthly for variety and HD

Getting a Freesat recording card from Adverts so can still use the Sky box
    Saorview already set up and a firestick with Kodi installed.

Should have done it ages ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

NATLOR wrote: »
    Ringing tomorrow to cancel,paying €52 monthly for variety and HD

Getting a Freesat recording card from Adverts so can still use the Sky box
    Saorview already set up and a firestick with Kodi installed.

Should have done it ages ago
    Can you pause/rewind/record saorview? What's a firestick/kodi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jca wrote: »
    Can you pause/rewind/record saorview? What's a firestick/kodi?

Yes, if you stick a usb key or external hdd on it. Firestick is Amazon's little baby & Kodi is the best thing since fried bread. Loads of info on Boards about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I missed a call from the Cork number earlier - is there any number to call them back on?

I was cut off last week.
    I just got a call offering Variety and Sports at half price for 12 months.

I then asked about HD and it was added for an extra €5 pm for the 12 months. No contract for either. First two months free. Happy enough with that. 5 weeks ago today I was switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

V1llianous wrote: »
    I missed a call from the Cork number earlier - is there any number to call them back on?

I was cut off last week.

0818 719 815

matrixf wrote: »
    0818 0719 0815

Thanks for that but doesn't seem to be working - any others ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Try 0818 719 819

• Advertisement

Sorry I added a 0 by mistake, here's the correct number 0818 719 815 it's for the customer retention department, you should get straight through,

Try 0818 719 819

Just rang them back.

Got the same offer as mount joy mugger

€49 a month for variety, hd, sports and movies for twelve months. Also haggled for €100 credit. Only 31 days notice required to cancel and can downgrade package at any stage.

I'm happy with that as it basically means I've everything for the equivalent of less than what they were trying to charge me for 5 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry I added a 0 by mistake, here's the correct number 0818 719 0815 it's for the customer retention department, you should get straight through,
    You added 2 0's by mistake :)

muffler wrote: »
    You added 2 0's by mistake :)

Sorry just noticed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

Yes, if you stick a usb key or external hdd on it. Firestick is Amazon's little baby & Kodi is the best thing since fried bread. Loads of info on Boards about it.

Can you help or direct me to this info?

I've been trying to get xmbc/kodi running properly via various plugins. But none of them seem to work very well.

I see a lot of people saying when they cancel instead of a phone call they see get an offer in their inbox.
    is this sent to your gmail/yahoo email accounts ?

km79 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying when they cancel instead of a phone call they see get an offer in their inbox.
    is this sent to your gmail/yahoo email accounts ?

Yes, to your email account

Yes, to your email account

I must check her sky account
    don't EVER remember her giving them her email

Maybe I'm being extremely stupid here but where do you put the USB and is firestick an app?

Maybe I'm being extremely stupid here but where do you put the USB and is firestick an app?

USB ports are located in the back of most modern TVs

Amazon Fire TV stick is a streaming media device sold on Amazon UK that plugs into a HDMI port on your TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

doctorg wrote: »
    Can you help or direct me to this info?

I've been trying to get xmbc/kodi running properly via various plugins. But none of them seem to work very well.

www.kodi.tv, www.tvaddons.ag, www.vdubt25.co.uk, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313961, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066642

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Can ye keep this stuff off the thread, please?

wife rang to cancel and they rang me back to discuss options
    offered the following
    variety with split sports(1&5 or 2&5) 43 a month for 10 months
    with HD 50.50

variety with full sports 50.50 a month I think for 12 months but maybe was 10
    with HD 58 a month

No contract

I was pushing ahead with cancellation until she said that as a long term customer we get the variety pack at 32pm instead of 38pm and that will reset if cancellation is initiated.........

She is calling back Sunday !morning anyway whilst I think about it

Got the offer I wanted today, €56.50 for variety/sports/movies/hd and multiroom for 12 months, also got a free 2nd sky+hd box on the way with free installation, happy enough with that!

Rang to cancel today was offered a few options but nothing close to some of the deals reported here.
    Told him i wasn't accepting anything less than 12 months half price as iv'e been a long term customer and always paid full price but was told he couldn't do that so went ahead and cancelled.
    Will see if i get any further offers in the coming weeks

Rang to cancel today was offered a few options but nothing close to some of the deals reported here.
    Told him i wasn't accepting anything less than 12 months half price as iv'e been a long term customer and always paid full price but was told he couldn't do that so went ahead and cancelled.
    Will see if i get any further offers in the coming weeks
    Were the offers better or worse than the one I outlined above ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

My bill is gone back up to €38 now the offer is after expiring.

What are the current offers going for Variety, the €38 package?

km79 wrote: »
    Were the offers better or worse than the one I outlined above ?

I'd say worse, i only have the variety pack with HD was paying €53,they offered €36.50 to stay on that.Alternatively was offered a downgrade to the basic family package for €19 no HD. He said there is no half price offers and certainly no'free months' available.
    I'm not bothered as everything I watch can be sourced through other means.It is a good service and very user friendly but not worth anything like the money they want at present

USB ports are located in the back of most modern TVs

Amazon Fire TV stick is a streaming media device sold on Amazon UK that plugs into a HDMI port on your TV

Both my samsung tvs have multiple usb ports but pressing pause rewind on the remote with a usb stick connected doesn't do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Both my samsung tvs have multiple usb ports but pressing pause rewind on the remote with a usb stick connected doesn't do anything.
    You probably have to change the "source" or "input" - ie. from HDMI 2 for example to "USB" or "external device" depending on how its labelled.

Advertisement