Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

collie0708 wrote: »
    Got through but being told that there is no one available until tommorow to look into this

The voucher is to get customers in. I'd be shocked if they didn't honour it tomorrow. Go into live web chat tomorrow and they will arrange a call back in minutes for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Has anybody cancelled their sky and ordered this in their other halfs name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

When did you buy the voucher? The one I purchased expired on the 7th June. Perhaps they mean midnight on the 6th?

"Place your order before 7 Jun 15."
    collie0708 wrote: »
    Guys I have the groupon but can't find a code that works they all keep saying they have expired any ideas will sky honour the groupon voucher I have as there call centre is closed

Maybe ;)
    XsApollo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw the Carphone Warehouse are selling the basic Sky tv package for €19 a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

XsApollo wrote: »

That would be misleading Sky?

Technically, they are new customers....
    P_Cash wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

P_Cash wrote: »

No its not. Don't be ridiculous.

Its mad that new customers get better deals than those that have been with the 5 years plus.

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    No its not. Don't be ridiculous.

Its mad that new customers get better deals than those that have been with the 5 years plus.

every customer new and old gets a deal if they are willing to pick up the phone. The only people who get screwed are those who renew at whatever price Sky or any other service provider want them to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

Many long term customers are on legacy packages and are probably better off in the long term to stay with what they have. For example my parents pay I think €30/month and have all the basic channels including docs, music and cartoons. New customers pay more for all that. If they were to take an offer they would benefit in the short term but if they wanted to remain with Sky they would end up paying more for what they already have. They definitely would not want the bother of constantly having to ring Sky to get a cheaper deal.

BTW. Calling Sky on 0818 numbers is expensive. Sky customer reps are on Boards.ie. Send them a PM to ring you and they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bromley52 wrote: »
    Many long term customers are on legacy packages and are probably better off in the long term to stay with what they have. For example my parents pay I think €30/month and have all the basic channels including docs, music and cartoons. New customers pay more for all that. If they were to take an offer they would benefit in the short term but if they wanted to remain with Sky they would end up paying more for what they already have. They definitely would not want the bother of constantly having to ring Sky to get a cheaper deal.

BTW. Calling Sky on 0818 numbers is expensive. Sky customer reps are on Boards.ie. Send them a PM to ring you and they will.

not true. new customer can get half price (I know cause I got it). Variety is €38 per month, so a new customer getting a half price deal would get the same package as your folks for €19 per month. That's €11 per month (37%) cheaper than your folks pay or €132 per year. I for one would be quite happy to make phone call or 2 every year to save that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After the "kerfuffle" (yeah, I went there!) with the GroupOn deal week, just decided to take up the base TV package with Sky.

Original Mix half-price at €16 a month for 6 months, then €29 for the remaining 6 months of the contract. It's good value to be honest - but when you throw in €100 cashback cheque, it's a no-brainer.

With €30 set-up cost, it works out at €200 total for the year!

After that, it's more than likely free-sat all the way - but dish plus installation without Sky wouldn't have been far off that cost for the year I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Muahahaha wrote: »

Was there any other offers?

just saw a blackboard offer up at their door advertising basic Sky tv for 19 a month, it didnt say anything about broadband but I'd imagine they sell it too though not sure if its discounted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Sky called me yesterday said I could have 12 months half price with first 2 months free. Pity they couldn't offer me this 2-3 weeks ago.

My wife signed up 28th May - is she entitled to any cash back? €30 or €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sky called me yesterday said I could have 12 months half price with first 2 months free. Pity they couldn't offer me this 2-3 weeks ago.

My wife signed up 28th May - is she entitled to any cabs back? €30 or €100?

is there not a cooling off period? 12 days surely would be within it?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Trying to cancel at the moment, bill is 83 euro at the moment and rep said we are already getting a 5 euro discount on that automatically. Just have variety/sports & 1 x multiroom. And speaking of multiroom, the box does no more than switch on, you can't remind, record, pause without it freezing (very old box).

So after 2 days of chatting the best the rep would offer after talking to his "super" (which I personally think is just slang for answering another call) was a 20% discount (this after he tried to drill the broadband service onto me).

So he informs me that I will loose the 5 euro discount if I proceed to which I tell me I will also gain the other 83 euro. So he is calling again this morning to talk me out of cancelling but at 20% he can go jump and that's with over 14 years of custom.

We have netflix, saorview and online services so I think we will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Aska wrote: »
    Trying to cancel at the moment, bill is 83 euro at the moment and rep said we are already getting a 5 euro discount on that automatically. Just have variety/sports & 1 x multiroom. And speaking of multiroom, the box does no more than switch on, you can't remind, record, pause without it freezing (very old box).

So after 2 days of chatting the best the rep would offer after talking to his "super" (which I personally think is just slang for answering another call) was a 20% discount (this after he tried to drill the broadband service onto me).

So he informs me that I will loose the 5 euro discount if I proceed to which I tell me I will also gain the other 83 euro. So he is calling again this morning to talk me out of cancelling but at 20% he can go jump and that's with over 14 years of custom.

We have netflix, saorview and online services so I think we will be just fine.

Tell him you are looking at getting NowTv and that will really wind him up. He will tell you that it can't be got in Ireland, but it's not that hard to access. Plenty of people have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Hi,
    My SKy deal is up this month, getting sports/movies/hd/multiroom for €64.
    It's going to go up to over €100. Just wondering if their phone/broadband is any good. Currently paying €56 a month to Eircom and looking to see if I can use it as leverage with SKY if I swap over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

keng66 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My SKy deal is up this month, getting sports/movies/hd/multiroom for €64.
    It's going to go up to over €100. Just wondering if their phone/broadband is any good. Currently paying €56 a month to Eircom and looking to see if I can use it as leverage with SKY if I swap over.
    They haven't got fibre in as many areas as eircom / voda so that's the first thing i'd check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Thanks but in Dublin 5 so presume it's there

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I just got HD with movies & Sports and variety for 44.50 for 12 months on a 12 month contract - free install - 10 euro deposit which goes off first bill! I have to say im happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭bren2001

keng66 wrote: »
    Thanks but in Dublin 5 so presume it's there

Not all of Dublin 5 have fibre. For example Springdale road don't have Eircom fibre but do have UPC. While, sections of Grange (up by Tesco) have Eircom but not UPC. I'd definitely check.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I've just spoken to them as I've an account with the Variety pack that's just over the 12 months and the best he'd do is a tenner off (yes I've seen the groupon deal and I'm disgusted! :p)

Am I better off cancelling and waiting for callback/letter with a better offer at this stage? I've no problem doing without it for a bit as I only really watch the news and sports "live" these days anyway.

went back in to check the details of this deal (they had on their blackboard outside the shop 'Sky TV €19 a month') Turns out the €19 is for 6 months, it is €38 pm thereafter. Bit disingenuous of the Carphone Warehouse to put a sign stating €19 a month when it can't be had for that price for the entire contract.

went back in to check the details of this deal (they had on their blackboard outside the shop 'Sky TV €19 a month') Turns out the €19 is for 6 months, it is €38 pm thereafter. Bit disingenuous of the Carphone Warehouse to put a sign stating €19 a month when it can't be had for that price for the entire contract.

you can get the basic package online from Sky at 16e per month for 6 months and 29euro after that with a 100euro cashback. That works out pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Tugboats wrote: »
    you can get the basic package online from Sky at 16e per month for 6 months and 29euro after that with a 100euro cashback. That works out pretty good

thats a good deal considering you have a tv for 12 months and an install, can go FTA after that.

it works out

€16 a month x 6 = 96
    €29 a month x 6 = 174
    install charge =30

Total €300
    less cashback -€100

total for 12 months €200 / 12 = €16.66 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

kooga wrote: »
    thats a good deal considering you have a tv for 12 months and an install, can go FTA after that.

it works out

€16 a month x 6 = 96
    €29 a month x 6 = 174
    install charge =30

Total €300
    less cashback -€100

total for 12 months €200 / 12 = €16.66 a month

Not so sure about the free to air after on the new boxes, I ended my contract and the new box wouldn't do anything, asked the installer on my next sign up (free box ect and discounted rate) he said the new boxes are dead without a subscription
    He advised me to find and older box for free to air
    Luckily I have five under the stairs from all the reconnection's over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Not so sure about the free to air after on the new boxes, I ended my contract and the new box wouldn't do anything, asked the installer on my next sign up (free box ect and discounted rate) he said the new boxes are dead without a subscription
    He advised me to find and older box for free to air
    Luckily I have five under the stairs from all the reconnection's over the years

Just get a UK card on Adverts and you'll have the UK FTA channels on any box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

can you get it online without install?
    the new boxes dont have RF2 out do they?

Advertisement