Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That may not go down too well here... Let's see. Told Sky on the phone the price I was willing to pay so might ring them back in a few days and see if they'll match it.

Don't know what you mean, it's always been the way from what I have read

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have a code for half price Sky for 12 months,Entertainment,Movies and Sport for €38 a month.
    Free install too.

New customers only but everyone knows the score with getting round that by now.

Offer will end the 25 June,I don't need it so first PM can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

zerks wrote: »
    I have a code for half price Sky for 12 months,Entertainment,Movies and Sport for €38 a month.
    Free install too.

Is that the Friends & Family offer that was posted in the Satellite Forum earlier this week (thread was subsequently pulled)

Is that the Friends & Family offer that was posted in the Satellite Forum earlier this week (thread was subsequently pulled)

Dunno if it's the same,I haven't been in that forum in a while.

Code is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got an email yesterday inviting feedback on my recent cancellation (2 weeks to cut-off). For what it's worth...
    Please use the space provided to tell us any other relevant feedback you would like to give related to the cancellation of your Sky account

- As stated earlier, Sky seems far more focussed on attracting new customers than retaining existing ones. This is reflected in the pricing and offers made
    - Extras that should at this point be free (eg: HD) considering the annual price increases with Sky over the past decade (excluding the 18-24 month price freeze - but not reduction! - in the recession)
    - Sky is making all customers foot the bill for expensive football rights, regardless of whether they watch it or not and despite BT taking a lot of the rights as well (which of course requires an additional sub)
    - The Movies offering hasn't been competitive since Sky launched 12+ movie channels with constant repeats and more recently, competition from better value services (eg: Netflix and Amazon)
    - The price difference between UK and ROI subs is another issue, considering ROI viewers pay more but get considerably less
    - Having an 0818 number for the callcentre is another cynical move by Sky considering most calls take upwards of 20 mins to resolve in my experience (frequently double this)
    - Overall Sky hasn't kept pace with customer viewing trends. 20 years ago Sky was the best source for TV and films, but now most entertainment content can be accessed via provider websites or cheaper services like Netflix.
    Increasingly people watch live TV only for news and sports and Sky charge huge amounts for the latter, again despite BT/Setanta entering the market and diluting Sky's offering.

Suggestions...
    - Recognize and reward customer loyalty with the same or preferably better deals than offered new customers
    - Re-evaluate what people want from Sky and adapt the service (and pricing!) to match, eg: tailored sub packages (a Football package that unlocked only EPL and CL league coverage regardless of channel, or returning to the 6-option entertainment bundles etc)
    - Recognize that frequent/annual price increases are unsustainable given the changing viewer habits, cheaper alternatives, still shaky local economy and generally decreasing value for money that Sky represents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Dunno if it's the same,I haven't been in that forum in a while.

Code is gone now.

Was the HD pack included in that deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday inviting feedback on my recent cancellation (2 weeks to cut-off). For what it's worth...

Probably not worth your effort but everything you outlined to them is valid.

Joo0 wrote: »
    Was the HD pack included in that deal?

Yah,the whole shebang for €38 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Free install too.

If you sign up to Sky through Carphone Warehouse you can get this deal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

If you sign up to Sky through Carphone Warehouse you can get this deal too

Would it be 33 euro like it was last year for the sports, HD and basic pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Joo0 wrote: »
    Would it be 33 euro like it was last year for the sports, HD and basic pack?

€38 is what it says on this sheet I got. Includes everything, movies and sports too, and HD for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Cancelled about two weeks ago. Just on variety pack paying 37e a month. Was offered 27e but cancelled. Holding out for a half price deal but haven't received any letters or offers.

I am looking into getting a saorview / fta box instead.

The lads on the 'retentions' team are hilarious when you tell them you are getting one of these boxes or that you will just use netflix. They lie through their teeth and say how rubbish these services are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How long before Sky consider you a "new" customer again? As above, I've recently cancelled it at a previous address but that €38 for everything offer looks tempting considering I was paying that for just the Variety package. Can't use anyone else's name unfortunately as I'm living alone in the new place.

Would you have to wait the 12 months or hope for a come back offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

How long before Sky consider you a "new" customer again? As above, I've recently cancelled it at a previous address but that €38 for everything offer looks tempting considering I was paying that for just the Variety package. Can't use anyone else's name unfortunately as I'm living alone in the new place.

12 months but there are plenty of workarounds for your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Cancelled two weeks ago and not a dicky bird from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Cancelled two weeks ago and not a dicky bird from Sky.

I canceled and got cut off a month later without a word from them, resigned under my wife name, only got installed yesterday, and today i seen in my local shopping centre , entrainment, sports, movies and HD for €38pm for 12 months ::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

meathman0 wrote: »
    I canceled and got cut off a month later without a word from them, resigned under my wife name, only got installed yesterday, and today i seen in my local shopping centre , entrainment, sports, movies and HD for €38pm for 12 months ::mad:

Ring and say your cancelling you've a 14 day cooling off period they will do you a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I did it after getting muti-room installed and ended up getting it for 1/2 price for 12 months.

• Advertisement

You have a new address so it'll be grand.The sister did the same about a month ago.New place and new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

my wife is cancelling Friday
    I'm going to sign up and get a new box and that deal hopefully!

F34 wrote: »
    Ring and say your cancelling you've a 14 day cooling off period they will do you a deal.

Worth a call , nothing to lose,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I canceled and got cut off a month later without a word from them, resigned under my wife name

If I was to try this, can my wife add me as a named person on the account later, so in a years time I can ring and deal with cancellation/deal seeking process rather than her doing it?

If I was to try this, can my wife add me as a named person on the account later, so in a years time I can ring and deal with cancellation/deal seeking process rather than her doing it?

You don't need to be named on account, your wife can set up a pass word on the account and once you know it you can deal with the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

You don't need to be named on account, your wife can set up a pass word on the account and once you know it you can deal with the account.

OK yes thanks.

Any details online about these €38 p/m deals?

yes BUT you can not cancel subscriptions
    you can upgrade packages
    you can accept offers
    you can't cancel HD for example I was told she had to ring
    you can't cancel the whole lot she had to ring too
    that's why I'm going ahead with the cancellation and rejoining in my own name
    she hates ringing them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I just got a call offering Variety and Sports at half price for 12 months.

I then asked about HD and it was added for an extra €5 pm for the 12 months. No contract for either. First two months free. Happy enough with that. 5 weeks ago today I was switched off.

I just got a call offering Variety and Sports at half price for 12 months.

I then asked about HD and it was added for an extra €5 pm for the 12 months. No contract for either. First two months free. Happy enough with that. 5 weeks ago today I was switched off.

what's the monthly charge on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I was told €42 per month. It's slightly cheaper than the €43.50 I had prior to cancelling - had HD at €7.50pm then.

Advertisement