Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i know the useabilty of the sky box without a sub is not the best. But for €200 tv plus install you are set up for a humax! after 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

jca wrote: »
    Just get a UK card on Adverts and you'll have the UK FTA channels on any box.

Have a few UK cards from my time living there and tried
    Wouldn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,829 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kooga wrote: »
    thats a good deal considering you have a tv for 12 months and an install, can go FTA after that.

it works out

€16 a month x 6 = 96
    €29 a month x 6 = 174
    install charge =30

Total €300
    less cashback -€100

total for 12 months €200 / 12 = €16.66 a month
    Yep, 1 step (or 16 posts) ahead of you..

.. can't be beat for the year IMO!

Signed up last week and Sky engineer is coming out next Wednesday for the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Scruff wrote: »
    can you get it online without install?
    the new boxes dont have RF2 out do they?

for rf2 out you need to buy an io link like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Triax-Link-Output-Sky-Box/dp/B00HY9E5LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434022966&sr=8-1&keywords=triax+link

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Wouldn't work for me
    Did you reboot the box with the UK card in? Simply swapping the cards while the box is powered on wont work.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Did you reboot the box with the UK card in? Simply swapping the cards while the box is powered on wont work.

I did yes
    The sky installer said the new HD boxes won't work like the old ones, maybe he was talking crap
    I followed the rebooting guide same as I've done many times for other people and it wouldn't work for me
    He also said to change to boxes every two years as they don't last as long as the old ones
    I have one box about 18 years and it's still going strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Wouldn't work for me

That's strange. What happens when the box restarts with the UK card installed?

That's strange. What happens when the box restarts with the UK card installed?

Can't remember the message but it was something about the card not being the right one for the box or invalid, it was over a year ago since I tried it
    Had a new package since then and got a half price deal when that ended on threat of cancellation

Can't remember the message but it was something about the card not being the right one for the box or invalid, it was over a year ago since I tried it
    Had a new package since then and got a half price deal when that ended on threat of cancellation

Ahh, just ignore that and punch in 101 or any of the FTA channel numbers and they'll work fine.

Ahh, just ignore that and punch in 101 or any of the FTA channel numbers and they'll work fine.

So the installer was talking crap then
    I sold my last Sky HD box for €30 on adverts, bad move

• Advertisement

Most of them do...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

kooga wrote: »
    i know the useabilty of the sky box without a sub is not the best. But for €200 tv plus install you are set up for a humax! after 12 months

whats humax?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,829 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seve OB wrote: »
    whats humax?
    A Freesat box..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Well he was and he wasn't.
    If you just punch in 101 after your subscription ends then yes the new hd box is not much use. It still works but its a bit of a pain to get the channels.
    However if you buy a UK sky free to air card which I got on eBay for 7 euro then it will open up the channels like you're in the UK.

Missed a call from Sky on Saturday, figured it was them ringing with a follow up to the 2 letters they sent me offering half price.

it was!

another call there to the wife @ home and they have offered a €100 credit on our account and half price, no contract, 31 days notice. €41.50 per month, so essentially 2 months free.

For some reason, it looks like even though we were on HD before, they did not offer this.

Missed a call from Sky on Saturday, figured it was them ringing with a follow up to the 2 letters they sent me offering half price.

it was!

another call there to the wife @ home and they have offered a €100 credit on our account and half price, no contract, 31 days notice. €41.50 per month, so essentially 2 months free.

For some reason, it looks like even though we were on HD before, they did not offer this.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

it was!

Was that off the cuff or did you cancel first?
    What are you getting for the €41.50?

Cheers!

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Was that off the cuff or did you cancel first?
    What are you getting for the €41.50?

Cheers!

we have been cut off for about 7 weeks.
    rang them back up and got HD added (for half price also), so now it's €49 per month for everything, sports, movies and all the trimmings

So with the 100 credit, we are basically getting 2 months free. I guess we could have taken a cheaper package and gotten up to about 6 months free, but with only 31 days notice required to cancel, I can't see us staying for to long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

got the 1/4 price deal ages ago (always been the basic package), cancelled when it ended and turned down each approach until I got another 1/4 price deal, its been cancelled for a while now.

Missed three or four calls from them over the last two weeks, anyhow got offered the following.
    5 months free, seven months at half price. I can cancel at any stage but need to give one months notice. I can cancel after 4 months and never pay a penny. Hard to turn down, dont miss any channel but my amiko aliens pause rewind etc just isnt anywhere as good.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    got the 1/4 price deal ages ago (always been the basic package), cancelled when it ended and turned down each approach until I got another 1/4 price deal, its been cancelled for a while now.

Missed three or four calls from them over the last two weeks, anyhow got offered the following.
    5 months free, seven months at half price. I can cancel at any stage but need to give one months notice. I can cancel after 4 months and never pay a penny. Hard to turn down, dont miss any channel but my amiko aliens pause rewind etc just isnt anywhere as good.

wow, looks like i should have held out a bit longer so!
    what package are you on that they gave you 5 months free? I guess I could have gotten that if I went with the basic deal.

how long you out of action for before you got the deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Someone I know signed up as a new customer at one of the shopping centre stands and got the full TV package (incl sports and movies), HD, and the usual free box/install for €38 per month for the year.

Might try that avenue myself rather than waiting for a callback.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

got an email from sky today, 50% off for 12 months on any package, doesn't include multi-room or hd,
    Think i'll hold out for better offer

sky_zps9hhg6iwd.jpg

got the same please come back email myself today....

but i am back!!!!!!

dohh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Getting sky in tomorrow. Called them to look at a deal on multi room.
    10 e a month for standard box with 30 e installation fee.
    When I'm already getting a free install it doesnt make sense to want to charge me installation.

Anyway I said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

matrixf wrote: »
    got an email from sky today, 50% off for 12 months on any package, doesn't include multi-room or hd,
    Think i'll hold out for better offer

sky_zps9hhg6iwd.jpg

Have you already cancelled when you got this email? I put in a cancellation 2 weeks ago. I've 2 weeks to cutoff. Haven't heard anything from the yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Have you already cancelled when you got this email? I put in a cancellation 2 weeks ago. I've 2 weeks to cutoff. Haven't heard anything from the yet.

Same as, no email either.

You won't get any decent offer till you have been cut off completely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

You won't get any decent offer till you have been cut off completely

That may not go down too well here... Let's see. Told Sky on the phone the price I was willing to pay so might ring them back in a few days and see if they'll match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Canceled 6 weeks ago, got the email today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i last cancelled September

Advertisement