Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tugboats wrote: »
    Just a heads up for any Utd fans I got MUTV in for the month for the pre season friendlies. Sky are giving it for 4euro instead of 8euro

Where ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

km79 wrote: »
    Where ?

I rang to order it and they gave it to me for that price. He said that's the offer on it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

im thinking of joining sky, was looking at their vairety bundle €38 a month, just wondering in terms of payment does it have to be direct debit or can i pay 6/12 months in advance with a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Eircode could put an end to the whole "vary your address and sign up as a new customer" game. Sky could well ask for your eircode when signing up - this is unique per house/apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

loyatemu wrote: »
    not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Eircode could put an end to the whole "vary your address and sign up as a new customer" game. Sky could well ask for your eircode when signing up - this is unique per house/apartment.

unique is right. According to Eircode, we have been relocated to a neighbouring parish in Co. Clare, which itself has been relocated to Limerick. Which does mean that we now have a new address to sign up to Sky with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

ablelocks wrote: »
    unique is right. According to Eircode, we have been relocated to a neighbouring parish in Co. Clare, which itself has been relocated to Limerick. Which does mean that we now have a new address to sign up to Sky with.

no it doesn't.
    your house will not get a new eircode.

that address is not new, it was always your postal address. Your closest main post office , where your post gets sorted in Limerick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Back on topic again. :) My 6 months half price basic pack with sports was coming to an end next month so I rang earlier and the best the guy could do was €47 a month. I'm currently paying €32.50 for that so I declined the offer.

I have an offer of €12.99 for August / Sept. with Setanta which I can avail of before the end of the month and coupled with Freesat and Freeview I think I'm well enough covered going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Going to try the cancellation tonight now, paying 38 and not a deal to be offered unless you cancel it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Tugboats wrote: »
    I rang to order it and they gave it to me for that price. He said that's the offer on it at the moment

How long must you keep MUTV for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

1 month

Its 1 month minimum but you can add it to your package and give notice of removing it again during the same call to Sky if you only wanted it for a month. See this response from a Sky agent on the Sky Talk To forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I should have been paying €38 a month, but was going to cancel Twice each time sky offered it for €26 a month for 9 months, so 9 months up again,this time only offered €32 a month or €19 a month but lose half my channels, so said "no cancel".
    Are these boxes for sale on adverts or donedeal any good offering free movies/channels etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I should have been paying €38 a month, but was going to cancel Twice each time sky offered it for €26 a month for 9 months, so 9 months up again,this time only offered €32 a month or €19 a month but lose half my channels, so said "no cancel".
    Are these boxes for sale on adverts or donedeal any good offering free movies/channels etc?

Those boxes are illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Joo0 wrote: »
    Those boxes are illegal

Seems to be a fair few people selling them,
    the sky rep asked me what I'm i going to watch now i said i will buy a soarview box for rte etc, as on my tv it isn't build in,she said you will have to start paying a subscription for this anyway next year, i have not heard of this ,is this true?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Seems to be a fair few people selling them,
    the sky rep asked me what I'm i going to watch now i said i will buy a soarview box for rte etc, as on my tv it isn't build ,she said you will have to start paying a subscription for this anyway next year, i have not heard of this ,is this true?

Not true at all. Saorview will remain free. Rep was just trying to keep you a customer. If your looking for Skysports/Sky premium channelsthe only legal way to stream it is nowtv.com you can choose from entertainment , movies or sports. If you already have the Sky dish you just need a combi box and a saorview aerial to convert to a saorview/freetsat set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Joo0 wrote: »
    Those boxes are illegal

No they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't think that's for this forum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Folks please get back on topic, there's other forums to discuss the Android boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

It'd be great if they did a sports deal to say, get Sky Sports and Setanta/BT Sport for €25 a month. I know it'll never happen though because Setanta/BT Sport are seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Was on a half price deal with Sky which ended this month, rang today and all they would offer is 20% off or 30% off if take up new contract.
    So went ahead and cancelled, last time I cancelled they called on the 31st day and offered the 50% deal so will be interesting to see if they call me or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

No sky in the house since Monday.

Any idea how long it takes them to call ? If they leave it much longer I could get used to life without them :pac:

Soarer wrote: »
    No they're not.

Sorry illegal to advertise/sell them like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

It'd be great if they did a sports deal to say, get Sky Sports and Setanta/BT Sport for €25 a month. I know it'll never happen though because Setanta/BT Sport are seperate.

Now TV in the UK sky sports monthly pass
    31.99£ a month

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jprender wrote: »
    No sky in the house since Monday.

Any idea how long it takes them to call ? If they leave it much longer I could get used to life without them :pac:

Log into your sky account and see if there's anything in your offers section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Once you get these x% off deals can you get out of them or are you tied to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Just wondering when do i call to cancel my subscription , my contract is up on the 20th of september can i call now or do i wait untill less than 30 days before my contract is up

• Advertisement

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Just wondering when do i call to cancel my subscription , my contract is up on the 20th of september can i call now or do i wait untill less than 30 days before my contract is up
    Ring them on 20th August

Advertisement