Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I've cancelled my sub after 15 years with them. Have been on a discount but went back up to €38 a month so called to cancel and got offered €29 a month which I declined

Logged into the sky app and it says 35% off if you give us a call, which would bring it down to €24.70. That is getting into tempting territory although have read a previous poster ringing them and not getting it offered on the phone. May just sit tight as I'm not that pushed anymore, it's more for the Mrs. Would have made things a little easier though if they had offered similar when I cancelled.

Anyway I have a question. I know once your sub is up you no longer can watch anything you have recorded on the HDD but if you take a sub up again at a later date, with the same box in use, will those programmes be still there and become available again?

My sub runs out August 21st so I intend to get a cheap UK card to use the box as a FTA box and then see how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

adox wrote: »
    Anyway I have a question. I know once your sub is up you no longer can watch anything you have recorded on the HDD but if you take a sub up again at a later date, with the same box in use, will those programmes be still there and become available again?
    Short answer is yes, you should be able to view the recordings at a later date.

I had a multiroom box which was cancelled earlier this year and reactivated about 3 months later and all the old recordings were still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Called to cancel variety sub last night, first guy only offered 29 euro or similar. Kept going with the cancellation, was forwarded onto another woman who then offered 1/2 price for 6 months, but i got it up to 9 months half price.
    Probably as good as i can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

We have sky full package with HD no broadband and never really tried to get a discount currently paying €113 for 2 boxes .Upc rang yesterday and offered free full horizon Max for 12 mths at €40 (im currently paying €45 for just broadband) then it's €80 for following 6 mths so an 18 mth contract .If I wanted sports it would be an extra €40 a mth (so €80 for 12 the €120 for last 6)
    I rang Sky and told her I wanted to keep everything as is and eventually after about 40 mins on the ph she said best she could do is €88 .Told her to cancel .Anyone know what we might be able to get if we push ? Anyone on similar who got better deal ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

called to cancel today, my half price offer is up at the end of August. they took the cancellation, tried to roll back some of the services but no deal to continue...yet anyway.

to save time when you call to cancel, the number I dial is 0818 719 858 Menu option 4 and then next menu option 4 (to cancel). Call answered immediately and only on hold for a minute.

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    called to cancel today, my half price offer is up at the end of August. they took the cancellation, tried to roll back some of the services but no deal to continue...yet anyway.

to save time when you call to cancel, the number I dial is 0818 719 858 Menu option 4 and then next menu option 4 (to cancel). Call answered immediately and only on hold for a minute.

Yeah if I get a half price offer I may go back but other than that I`ll stick with the FTA channels when I`m cut off next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

jprender wrote: »
    No sky in the house since Monday (13thJuly).

Any idea how long it takes them to call ? If they leave it much longer I could get used to life without them :pac:

Got an email this morning offering 50% off for 12 months if I come back.

Gave them a call,

Got all the channels + sports + movies + hd, and they threw in a free wireless connector all for the princely sum of €46.50 per month.

Discounted for 12 months, no contract.

Very happy with that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Gave them a call,

Got all the channels + sports + movies + hd, and they threw in a free wireless connector all for the princely sum of €46.50 per month.

Very happy with that.

That's worth a few weeks without Sky for sure..Very good deal indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Currently paying 65EUR for basic package and sports. Mate at work just told me that he was able to get a few sports channels cut off and only kept news, SS1 & SS5 (basically the channels that show the football). ANyone heard of sky doing that deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Currently paying 65EUR for basic package and sports. Mate at work just told me that he was able to get a few sports channels cut off and only kept news, SS1 & SS5 (basically the channels that show the football). ANyone heard of sky doing that deal?

yes I got just 1 and 5 earlier this month
    it's called split sports

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

km79 wrote: »
    yes I got just 1 and 5 earlier this month
    it's called split sports

Only works for Football though :-(

They tried to offer me a similar thing claiming that Rugby was only shown on certain channels , but when I checked the listings , they were moving Rugby all round the channels.

If they stick to those 2 channels for the football then it's worth it , but not for me however...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

My Sky has been off for the past three weeks and I got the same offer both by email and in the post this morning. I noticed that the email offer expires in a month's time whereas the offer by post expires 31st July :confused:
    I reckon that's about the best that will be offered....hardly any point holding out for a better one??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

I got a leaflet through the post offering the Sky original TV bundle for 12 EUR a month for 12 months.

Does anyone know if there are any major catches with this? Is it a 12 month contract? Are you obliged to take phone or broadband? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Gave them a call,

Very happy with that.
    I got the same email and accepted their offer being careful to have Sky confirm there was no new contract but then I receive another email after sign-up with the following included:-

It's great to have you on board

The Sky Team

Here are a few important legal things you need to know

Your Terms and Conditions (including your cancellation rights) are available here: Terms and Conditions and will also be sent to you in the post shortly. Please read through them carefully. We'll keep you updated with the progress of your order, including estimated activation dates.

If you have changed your mind and wish to cancel this order please see the bottom of this email for your cancellation rights.

A reminder of your contract length

A minimum term of 12 months applies to each of your services, i.e. Sky digital TV, Sky HD, Sky Multiscreen, Sky Talk, Sky Line Rental. And in the case of Sky Broadband to your broadband product.

What to do if .......

Cofusing to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

JTMan wrote: »
    I got a leaflet through the post offering the Sky original TV bundle for 12 EUR a month for 12 months.

Does anyone know if there are any major catches with this? Is it a 12 month contract? Are you obliged to take phone or broadband? Thanks.
    Got the same deal for my elderly parents(long time customers) for €9 with a 12 month contract by calling with the threat of cancellation.
    No documentary channels but they were well happy with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

I've cancelled my sub after 15 years with them. Have been on a discount but went back up to €38 a month so called to cancel and got offered €29 a month which I declined

Logged into the sky app and it says 35% off if you give us a call, which would bring it down to €24.70. That is getting into tempting territory although have read a previous poster ringing them and not getting it offered on the phone. May just sit tight as I'm not that pushed anymore, it's more for the Mrs. Would have made things a little easier though if they had offered similar when I cancelled.

Hi,

Where in the sky app does it show offers? mine only has Bills&Payments, My Package, Sky Settings and Help & Support?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

What is the best (cheapest) way to get sky sports. Currently have the basic pack. Only want it for the soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Sky Sports 1 & 5 should cover the Soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

agfasfos wrote: »
    Sky Sports 1 & 5 should cover the Soccer.

I'm going to ring tomorrow and get downgraded to this if I can; currently have basic and sports for €65 which I think is too much hopefully with only SS1 and SS5 will get down nearer the 50 to 55 € range

ctlsleh wrote: »

Hi,

Where in the sky app does it show offers? mine only has Bills&Payments, My Package, Sky Settings and Help & Support?

cheers

It comes up automatically when you open the app. Of course you need to have cancelled your contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

how do i request sky to call me?.

i remember someone stating how to do this on here?

not paying for the 20+ min hold time

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

P_Cash wrote: »
    how do i request sky to call me?.

i remember someone stating how to do this on here?

not paying for the 20+ min hold time
    Give them a shout on their Talk To forum

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

Gone from sky a few months, on freeview now. Anyone get a good deal from them on tv phone and broadband package ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

normanbond wrote: »
    Gone from sky a few months, on freeview now. Anyone get a good deal from them on tv phone and broadband package ?

I didn't, the best the fella could do was 20% off, even after I had been disconnected so toddle off is what I did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got a email from sky asking me if i would complete a survey on why i want to leave sky, so did, but still haven't received a better offer to make me stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm on a 40% off for nine months offer. I'm interested in changing to Sky Broadband though. Will they make me any sort of better offer on the TV package because of this e.g. 50% off for 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

Just finishing up my 9 months half price and rang to cancel and the best they could do was €29 for 9 months variety and kids or just variety for €19 for 12 months.
    They can go whistle, I will never pay them full price again and I will probably only go back if they give me free sky first again and then half price, the only thing I will miss is the recording and I can buy a box for that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I cancelled the aul lads package there when the football finished. He hasn't got any offers & I just rang & they have no offers on his account. Any ideas? Are the carphone warehouse doing anything these days for new customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

I cancelled sports at the end of the football season and wasnt going to bother with it this year. Just got a call from sky offering half price sports for 12 months (18 euro pm), no contract so can cancel at any time giving 31 days notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

I'm on 35% discount for variety. Rang Sky to get sky sports 1 & 5 only for soccer. Was told thats not an option anymore. Was offered the full sports package at 35% off instead.

I asked for 50 % off and they wouldn't do it so I said no thanks.

It's alot of expense if you include Setanta package as well to get all the live games. I think I'll stream the first few games and see how it goes..

Advertisement