Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Farcheal wrote: »
    If I recall correctly you weren't present for all the battles involving MnC/Dream Team/Awe there was infact a lot of combat put in to fighting them. Simply put, I am not saying MnC could not beat them alone, but instead we were greatly instrumental in the fight which is apparently not being acknowledged.

From what I am reading you are regularly taking the opportunity to taunt my brother, and if thats not trashing, I don't know what is.

I guess you're right in some respects.

So you didn't answer my question ... when did we glitch? Are you going to back up your accusation?

I see AWE are also being called cheaters on the server :D

Wow who thought a game of factions could get so tense :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Well this bickering escalated quickly. I still believe that a faction member limit of 5 will solve many problems. For a start, it will increase the number of factions on the map, which is badly needed. If all factions were in or around the same size, no alliances would really be necessary, I know I wouldn't favour an alliance with anyone because the extra members of the attack wouldn't be necessary so I could increase the loot received from a raid etc.

Another problem that doesn't seem to be as apparent anymore is that some people were new to factions and may have had difficulty grasping how factions works but you learn from your mistakes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jinbakrdi

I think what really kills the experience is the inability to infiltrate and steal from factions without having to kill everyone in them. A raid should be just that. Sweeping into a base, killing a defender or two and running with the loot.

I think it would be really cool if a one or two man faction could break into a faction and steal from them without having to announce their presence by killing. It could also add a new dynamic with factions of thieves selling their services and choosing whether or not to betray their employers or mercenaries who can be bought to ensure a victory.

I'm not sure how this could be achieved but it would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

So whats to stop me from logging in, in the middle of the night and raiding every single house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jinbakrdi

Your daycency of course. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Kenno90 wrote: »
    So whats to stop me from logging in, in the middle of the night and raiding every single house :p

Finding the houses

Finding the houses

Don't think thats good enough, most people have an idea where the houses are from the dynamap plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

Any admins around? I'd like to have a word

Owen2346 wrote: »
    Any admins around? I'd like to have a word

That doesn't sound good :o

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Jinbakrdi wrote: »
    I think what really kills the experience is the inability to infiltrate and steal from factions without having to kill everyone in them. A raid should be just that. Sweeping into a base, killing a defender or two and running with the loot.

I think it would be really cool if a one or two man faction could break into a faction and steal from them without having to announce their presence by killing. It could also add a new dynamic with factions of thieves selling their services and choosing whether or not to betray their employers or mercenaries who can be bought to ensure a victory.

I'm not sure how this could be achieved but it would be cool.

Think this sounds like a good idea, as It will give people incentives to make traps and hide their chests properly. The ability should be given to non-faction members to be able to open the chests of a faction. This way as Buttany claims he "had" our land but couldn't open our chests, he could do so.
    Thus negating any advantage of being a big faction with offline players.

Plus secret thieving raids would be good craic imo.

Also, I'd like to say, If this Limit is imposed could we do a restart? It isn't too far to have to split factions etc whilst leaving others with huge premade bases.

• Advertisement

Think this sounds like a good idea, as It will give people incentives to make traps and hide their chests properly. The ability should be given to non-faction members to be able to open the chests of a faction. This way as Buttany claims he "had" our land but couldn't open our chests, he could do so.
    Thus negating any advantage of being a big faction with offline players.

Plus secret thieving raids would be good craic imo.

Also, I'd like to say, If this Limit is imposed could we do a restart? It isn't too far to have to split factions etc whilst leaving others with huge premade bases.

They'll be given the same grace period, and if a faction is being spilt you could always spilt the resources you've collected.

As in give them half of the diamonds iron etc

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

Whitelist Star_Cow looking forward to playing with you all, thanks bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Star_Cow wrote: »
    Whitelist Star_Cow looking forward to playing with you all, thanks bye!

Whitelist thread has its own sticky now :D

Short answer from my perspective would be no.

As a larger faction you have had the upper hand when it comes to man power, granted you had a lot of inactive players, but that isn't the fault of the rest on the server.

You will be given a grace period of 2 days. This period allows you to develop a base and some protection. Also allows you to get up to a level that is adequate to defend against an assault when the 2 days is over. The time is more than enough to get up to the same level, if not better than what MnC have anyway (can't speak for AWE)

You should also have stock remaining from DT and so you will not be starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

Kenno90 wrote: »

saw a video on the net of a factions server and from what i could make out doors were locked to non faction members but chests could be opened by anyone, might be a good idea to have it like that?
    Don't think thats good enough, most people have an idea where the houses are from the dynamap plugin

aint that gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

I'd be in favour of a map reset if underwater bases were banned and obsidian was restricted to use in enchanted tables and such, but no indestructible walls. I say bring on castle's, motte's and bailey's and everything else from the middle ages. The way the map has become is just boring imo.

Also as someone suggested, what about chests that can be opened when a faction raids another after killing its members?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Short answer from my perspective would be no.

As a larger faction you have had the upper hand when it comes to man power, granted you had a lot of inactive players, but that isn't the fault of the rest on the server.

You will be given a grace period of 2 days. This period allows you to develop a base and some protection. Also allows you to get up to a level that is adequate to defend against an assault when the 2 days is over. The time is more than enough to get up to the same level, if not better than what MnC have anyway (can't speak for AWE)

You should also have stock remaining from DT and so you will not be starting from scratch.
    Eh..... :D:D

Eh..... :D:D

Eh what, last time I checked we still had resources.

I believe a reset is the fairer option. If bringing in these changes it is simply unfair in my opinion for new factions to have to fight against well established ones.

Oh, a proof of this happening, Trojan were attacked by AWE I believe and Creeps felt they had to do a preemptive strike to stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

So every time a new faction is created your gonna call for a reset on the basis that its not fair on the noobs?

Shock horror, every game is harsh on new players. Hell, I only started playing DayZ a few weeks ago, while others had been playing for months. I was ****, I got killed, I didn't know what any of the controls where.

Just meant I had to play it more to get better and more familiar.

Jesus, stop crying about this and that. You's wanted a faction server and you got it. You will die, you will lose stuff. Now man up and take it like a man. And get on playing instead of bitching about this or that.

I am not "bitching" I am simply pointing out that things will not work in the current model. If things stay the same it will only serve to create a boring calm with possibly the occassional raid.

Playing more won't make you any better. At present moment factions have impenetrable bases of which the only way to enter would be the off chance they leave their network of doors etc open. This needs in my opinion to be changed.

I will ask maka, you haven't been playing to be able to comment, so is your advice not pure speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I've read enough and talked to people who do, to know what its like. You seem to be the only person who is giving out. I don't need to hop on to see what its like. I would persume it grand. Dec and Bland would change it if they thought they needed to.

So why not just leave it? You've voiced your opinion over and over.

I've read enough and talked to people who do, to know what its like. You seem to be the only person who is giving out. I don't need to hop on to see what its like. I would persume it grand. Dec and Bland would change it if they thought they needed to.

So why not just leave it? You've voiced your opinion over and over.

Surely you can say that to anyone commenting on the thread?

Are you suggesting that people shouldn't publicise their views on the thread for people to see.

I'm not setting out to sit and argue with people here, but if someone questions something I am saying I will provide a retort it it. I am simply providing my opinion in regards to other questions.

IMO reading about something is not the same as experiencing it first hand but meh, that just my 2 cents.

I have to agree with Maka.

I will say it again. You can easily defeat MnC with a 2 day grace. I can't speak for the rest of the guys but I am rarely in our base, unless I'm getting food or unloading. For a matter of fact, I haven't been in our base for 48 hours now.

You need to remember that base raids are now out of the question for most factions. Focus, like we have been, on taking out faction members to get power levels down.

Get on the server, get your team and yourself into diamond armour, get a diamond sword and get enchanting.

meerkat_simples_tshirt-p235612020975827822q6vb_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niallmcs

I have to agree with Maka.

I will say it again. You can easily defeat MnC with a 2 day grace. I can't speak for the rest of the guys but I am rarely in our base, unless I'm getting food or unloading. For a matter of fact, I haven't been in our base for 48 hours now.

You need to remember that base raids are now out of the question for most factions. Focus, like we have been, on taking out faction members to get power levels down.

Get on the server, get your team and yourself into diamond armour, get a diamond sword and get enchanting.
    If other factions were to pick off individual members of your team, once killed is it not possible that you could just stay in your Obsidian base until your power was regained?

I'm staying out of this , I only thanked gavs post because of the t shirt :D

niallmcs wrote: »
    If other factions were to pick off individual members of your team, once killed is it not possible that you could just stay in your Obsidian base until your power was regained?

So then we up the loss of power per kill. I can't see us camping out in our base though tbh.

So then we up the loss of power per kill. I can't see us camping out in our base though tbh.

But it is possible to camp in your base. If bases were destructible, then the game would be far more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

............. can we have a normal map again?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Gav you can't say "oh you can easily defeat MnC or i'm never in the base and then say, no one thinks about raiding anymore just to cover the fact that bases like yours which are obsidian and underwater have removed a lot of the fun from the game.
    When I heard of factions, i was thinking of people making bases that would be breached either by ladders or tnt from cannons afar. Once breached you could loot their chests - if you can find them.

• Advertisement

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Gav you can't say "oh you can easily defeat MnC or i'm never in the base and then say, no one thinks about raiding anymore just to cover the fact that bases like yours which are obsidian and underwater have removed a lot of the fun from the game.
    When I heard of factions, i was thinking of people making bases that would be breached either by ladders or tnt from cannons afar. Once breached you could loot their chests - if you can find them.

Bring back the motte and bailey castles :D
    Gav, would you not agree there would be much more conflict without obsidian and underwater bases. People would never be secure. If there was no block protection on chests people would have to put real effort into where you hide chests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement