Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The thing is, No one is playing this way, The server is too small to support large factions and as such everyone is just building bunkers. As much as I would love to be able to build and defend an actual city we do not have the population to support more than 1, At a stretch 2 cities.

If we were a bigger server then it would be great, But we are small and as such we have to think small.

I said towns not cities. And there are 4 factions, including my own, which have claimed more than half of their max land. Just because you think the only viable way to play is to make an obsidian bunker base, doesn't mean its automatically true. MnC/AWE/DT are not the only factions in the game you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

deconduo wrote: »
    I said towns not cities. And there are 4 factions, including my own, which have claimed more than half of their max land. Just because you think the only viable way to play is to make an obsidian bunker base, doesn't mean its automatically true. MnC/AWE/DT are not the only factions in the game you know.

We'll see about that! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Never played on a dedicated faction server, I know a few of the guys tried to introduce something similar on their own pre update but never really took off. Look forward to getting in, just gotta wait for that illusive whiteLising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

deconduo wrote: »

The difference between the three you listed and every other faction on the server is we have seen combat and we know how best to protect ourselves. Look at Gardai's town, There are no defences, Houses are made from wood and single creeper can get into any house. Sure you may be building a pretty town but this is factions, You build defences first.

The fact a faction has claimed so many chunks not only risks their land even more, But will stretch any defence they have. Lets say a 10 player faction owns 100 chunks and only has 5 players online at any time, You hear the enemy is attacking. Great, Now you just need to search a 1600x1600 area which has all your pretty houses stretched all over it for a single experienced enemy who is burning, looting and running. You don't stand a chance.

I admit that saying cities was a bit of a stretch but my point still stands, There is not enough players for there to be both a variety of factions and have practical large creations. To compensate for the lack of players we need small factions to provide a larger pool of potential enemies/allies and small factions can not build and defend large creations.

I think we've moved away from the arguement that the larger factions should be capped at 5 for power reasons. The reason why I'm still advocating a 5 man faction is the fact that the more factions there are, the more fun there will be. Mainly because there will be a lot more raiding and defending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Team IRON MEN on it's current mission - OP CREEP EXTERMINATION

x675?noinc=1
    Standing Left - Right: Buttany, cnc95fan, nimrod86 and GavMcG

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Jeez it took frikkin ages but we finally managed to get out of that damn Creep base :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Standing Left - Right: Buttany, cnc95fan, nimrod86 and GavMcG

You sold out nim :P

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

This has nothing to do with how to change the server but I had an idea for a server event but one that happens on the faction map with prizes etc.

Even though the olympics are over, I was thinking of an event where several different activities are chosen, such as spleef etc.
    Each faction can choose one player to enter in an event (the same player can enter several if mutually agreed by the faction)
    To make it more interesting, but I'm not sure how well this bit would work, each faction can opt. to build the "venue/arena" for each activity.
    For example, MnC build the spleef and AWE build boat course (I dunno yet what else we could do :P).
    The winning faction is the one with the most points and they win some prizes.

Let me know your thoughts. If we ever did do this, it would probably be best to wait for more factions and the 5 player limit as atm its a bit of a mess imo.

I am not so sure asking factions to build event structures would be wise...

cnc would most likely line the entire arena with tnt, Blow it once everyone is inside then kill himself while setting the loot on fire.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Haha I can imagine.

Obviously there would be rules against that kind of stuff :)

I would like to inform Creeps that half their base appears to be missing....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

I would like to inform Creeps that half their base appears to be missing....
    Looks like a chunk error to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It is a chunk error.

Looks like a chunk error to me...

Aye, very odd how only that chunk was affected, you lads were very lucky!

Aye, very odd how only that chunk was affected, you lads were very lucky!

I wouldn't be too complacent. If it happened once, it could happen again.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too complacent. If it happened once, it could happen again.

Chunk error?

Did you dig it out or something?

eh... Someone from Trojan's might want to go on and check there base...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

So what's after happening to creeps base this time? Just logged on and Buttany was dancing around some cobble on the surface :eek: I made haste and logged out as he turned to attack me. Seems like he is camping our spawn.

Were the doors left open again or something?

So what's after happening to creeps base this time? Just logged on and Buttany was dancing around some cobble on the surface :eek: I made haste and logged out as he turned to attack me. Seems like he is camping our spawn.

Were the doors left open again or something?

You were on Craggy Island!

It is MnC/AWE Alliance's new northern territory.

• Advertisement

You were on Craggy Island!

It is MnC/AWE Alliance's new northern territory.

Whats the story so, wasnt on yesterday at all so I'm assuming it all went to hell then? Would it be foolish of me to ask how you attacked and claimed the land?

Whats the story so, wasnt on yesterday at all so I'm assuming it all went to hell then? Would it be foolish of me to ask how you attacked and claimed the land?

Magnets.

Magnets.

What?

What?

Apparently, as with the Dream Team base before it there was a "chunk error" that allowed them to do so.

Its so strange how these miracles keep appearing to aid your alliance buttany. Would seem to out of the Ordinary to me...

What?

Doesn't matter:P

If you log on, We will allow you to leave with everything you currently have however your faction is now now dead. You will be required to leave your faction and never look back. By doing so you will gain a 2 day period of grace before anyone can even think about attacking you which is a lot better than your current situation.

You have my word.

If you log on, We will allow you to leave with everything you currently have however your faction is now now dead. You will be required to leave your faction and never look back. By doing so you will gain a 2 day period of grace before anyone can even think about attacking you which is a lot better than your current situation.

You have my word.

Hate to tell you this buttany, but you can't force anyone to leave a faction nor can you declare one dead.

Farcheal wrote: »
    Hate to tell you this buttany, but you can't force anyone to leave a faction nor can you declare one dead.

Come have a look at Craggy Island and say that again :P

Farcheal wrote: »

No, But I can offer someone their life, And Cid(The faction leader) already declared their faction dead.

But whatever far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Come have a look at Craggy Island and say that again :P

Do I get invited over? I named it after all :)

• Advertisement

You have my word.

Your grand Complete, going to spend a bit of time on the other irish server that was posted up.

Good luck with the factions lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement