Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

cidmon wrote: »
    1:u mean ur the only 2 active factions not under protection
    2: no other raids so far because AWE and MnC seem to have a love in with each other wich makes u both seem like 1 faction.

That's the whole idea of factions... make allies and destroy your opponents. As far as I am concerned, we have successfully achieved that.
    Our main goal (AWE and MnC collation) was to completely destroy DT so much so that it would result in the faction splitting up (just like the test server). Unfortunately 5 person factions, which is supported by the majority, has yet to be fully implemented. I could implement it myself but until I get any sort of conformation from the rest of the moderators or admin that that is the approach we are taking, we are stuck where we are.

As for your comment above, forget about what us and AWE and doing together. As far as I am concerned, you team is all talk. Like niall, who has said on a number of occasions that he can breach our walls, you have yet to even try to carry out a raid on MnC. Simply try it... it's not that hard to take over our base if you think about it. We have 4 members in our team. We spend very little time in our base (which you know the location of). Come and pick us off and claim the land.

Unlike with DT, it is very easy to get the upper hand on us. Couple of deaths here and there and we're ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So when is this 5 person rule going to be enforced ?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Gav, You have to stop trashing people on the forums, its not the place for it.

the Dream Team wasn't split up on the Temp Server, a few members were going to infiltrate other factions to spy on them. On This server a few members have left to make their own factions as it seems inevitable they will have to do so. You seem to say just because you haven't been attacked left that it will never happen. Yes you people "glitched the map to see our bases" but you didn't get all of them, and preparations have been enacted in a multitute of them for contingency. Thus people will attack whenever they feel comfortable chances of success are perfect.

Also, The big excuse for the AWE - MnC alliance is this - If we don't ally we will be at a stalemate. If I bring the following points up, AWE has about 9 members, last time I checked and MnC have 4. On the Temp map, the war was only at a Stalemate due to my faction being there to fight against AWE with Mnc. IMO this is a pretty crappy excuse not to go to war and thus if things stay in their current state, Whence a faction goes out of their Grace Period, MnC will attack them for the "prestige".

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

What the server is missing is proper commerce between factions.. which is of course impossible since every faction has access to every type of raw material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The reason DT is used as an example is because it was the only raid performed on the server.
    Farcheal wrote: »

Also, The big excuse for the AWE - MnC alliance is this - If we don't ally we will be at a stalemate. If I bring the following points up, AWE has about 9 members, last time I checked and MnC have 4. On the Temp map, the war was only at a Stalemate due to my faction being there to fight against AWE with Mnc. IMO this is a pretty crappy excuse not to go to war and thus if things stay in their current state, Whence a faction goes out of their Grace Period, MnC will attack them for the "prestige".

Honestly... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    As for your comment above, forget about what us and AWE and doing together. As far as I am concerned, you team is all talk. Like niall, who has said on a number of occasions that he can breach our walls, you have yet to even try to carry out a raid on MnC. Simply try it... it's not that hard to take over our base if you think about it. We have 4 members in our team. We spend very little time in our base (which you know the location of). Come and pick us off and claim the land.

Unlike with DT, it is very easy to get the upper hand on us. Couple of deaths here and there and we're ****ed.

all talk? our grace period ends tonight....

the reason i replied to completionist is this
    Right now, The server is dying. MnC and AWE are the only 2 factions that have really grasped the concept of factions which is rather sad as I had a lot of hope for this server. Honestly I would suggest a poll on what should be done next, I see no reason for a server to be running when the core goal of the server(Factions) is not being used and is actually making players leave. Other than the raid on DT a few days back no one else has been raided or has raided.

its really this simple... THERE IS NO OTHER FACTION TO ATTACK YET OTHER THAN YOURSELVES! so dont complain about it if there is something the 2 of your factions can do about it. but it seems you enjoy your alliance and building up your arsenal of weapons/armor/enchants/potions to absolutely destroy the next new faction that apears.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

I vote a reset :)
    atm it is fairly boring and the lack of different factions is making it dull.
    Whatever happened to that map with the mainland and multiple islands with factions on each and the whole having tho hide your chests part as enemies could open them?

Honestly... :P

I mention us as you people keep bringing us up as an example of some type of misconduct, we did nothing wrong, yet it keeps being brought up.

Also yes, Honestly you did it on the Temp server, why wouldn't you do it here? You had to make up a ridiculous excuse on this one for casus beli against the Dream Team.

Xenon560 wrote: »
    I vote a reset :)
    atm it is fairly boring and the lack of different factions is making it dull.
    Whatever happened to that map with the mainland and multiple islands with factions on each and the whole having tho hide your chests part as enemies could open them?

World Painter has not been updated to 1.3.1 afaik. And we do have to hide chests anyways, well I do :P

I have nothing against you personally Farcheal but when pointing out flaws on the server I required examples of raids, And there has only been 1 raid on the server so far.

Also Cid, The way boards has always worked is the most people are online at the start and slowly more and more leave. A server starting with a lack of players is not a good sign.

Anyway..

I bring up my post from a few hours ago,

Islands.

There is a neutral Island, To enter/leave you must empty your inventory. Anyone inside is neutral but once you leave you are free game. Each faction starts on a Faction Island, There will be enough resources to get by, But to get the upper hand on other factions you will need to move to the mainland.
    Various items such as TNT and ladders may be placed within enemy lands and enemies may open your chests at any time. This means that there is multiple options when raiding. You can capture, kill or just go for the loot. You can raid covertly, Or a direct assault. Options! Watching the enemy movements, Finding and exploiting a flaw in the defences and making off with a load of loot without the enemy knowing would be fun.

This means the goal changes from just camping the enemy spawn until they have less power then land then claiming, looting and unclaiming which is rather boring.

On the raid on DT we had complete control of their base but could not open their chests as their power was still higher than their land. This also encourages elaborate entrances and defences, Hidden rooms and a more interesting experience if someone can sneak in and steal everything without you even knowing.

Right now, The server is dying. MnC and AWE are the only 2 factions that have really grasped the concept of factions which is rather sad as I had a lot of hope for this server. Honestly I would suggest a poll on what should be done next, I see no reason for a server to be running when the core goal of the server(Factions) is not being used and is actually making players leave. Other than the raid on DT a few days back no one else has been raided or has raided.

Some advice to other non neutral players:

The goal of factions is to build a base with elaborate defences. Do not be angry when someone raids you and steals everything, You opted that you were ok with this happening the moment you decided not to be neutral. It is entirely your fault that the enemy managed to not only get into your base but also kill you. You should not quit the moment this happens but rather think how you can prevent it from happening and start again. If the player base does not understand this then there is no point in running factions as I don't want players to quit the server because someone was playing as intended.

How about once a stable 1.3 factions plugin is released we get another new map, But we put effort into it to make it good? Faction limits and a custom map, We get player input on what is and is not allowed and actually have a server that the players want rather than what we have now which no one seems to like:/

Would this not fix the problems currently on the server? A 1 man faction could potentially be more effective than a larger faction if they try. It gives goals other than complete destruction of the enemy and allows for a neutral meeting ground for players to go.

Events could also be used to encourage competition.

Admins could spawn maybe 1 or 2 dragon eggs somewhere in the world and players race to find them, Once found they could bring them back to base. Now other players have a reason to raid that base.

Admins could spawn an End portal and factions then have to not only defend the portal from each other but also attempt to defeat the End dragon!

• Advertisement

Would this not fix the problems currently on the server? A 1 man faction could potentially be more effective than a larger faction if they try. It gives goals other than complete destruction of the enemy and allows for a neutral meeting ground for players to go.

Events could also be used to encourage competition.

Admins could spawn maybe 1 or 2 dragon eggs somewhere in the world and players race to find them, Once found they could bring them back to base. Now other players have a reason to raid that base.

Admins could spawn an End portal and factions then have to not only defend the portal from each other but also attempt to defeat the End dragon!

u know.... that does sound VERY fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

cidmon wrote: »
    u know.... that does sound VERY fun :D

People are already in the end, i was online and my news feed was nimrod was slain by the ender dragon. :p

I think the server is doing well but could be better with a few tweaks. The island idea sounds great but its going to take ages creating it.

and the server is far from dying, there are plenty of people on every night, the only reason its quiet is because people are talking in faction chat

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

End dragon was killed about 2 days ago :P

never been in the end was added when i took a break from playin mc

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Who does be members of AWE and MnC?

Who does be members of AWE and MnC?

/f show AWE

BX 19 wrote: »
    /f show AWE

/f effort to log in :pac:

the Dream Team wasn't split up on the Temp Server, a few members were going to infiltrate other factions to spy on them. On This server a few members have left to make their own factions as it seems inevitable they will have to do so. You seem to say just because you haven't been attacked left that it will never happen. Yes you people "glitched the map to see our bases" but you didn't get all of them, and preparations have been enacted in a multitute of them for contingency. Thus people will attack whenever they feel comfortable chances of success are perfect.

I really want to know how we "glitched the map" to see your base. Quite hilarious now that you are throwing up allegations that you have no proof for.

I look forward to the attack you are preparing. At the end of the day we're playing a game. The main reason, like cnc and buttany, that I keep bringing up DT is the fact that they are subjects for our examples.

The "all talk" reference is for your brother who seems to love to trash talk in game.

The reason why I mention a split up of DT on the temp server is based mainly on the fact that we were asked by three/four of your members if they could join our faction (obviously we said no) after their base was obliterated. Now if that was a plan then fair play to them, they were very believable.

As for our alliance with AWE. We had great fun together on the test server and wanted to team up, seen as everyone was looking for a ally on the first night. We do very little as a team other than the DT raid.

Yes there was a stalemate between us and AWE on the temp server, was that down to your faction being there? I doubt it. There was no combat and very little resources put into the attack from either side, so I doubt it would have been any different if DT wasn't there. If I remember correctly, we took out AWE while they were busy trying to claim DT.

Once again, I'm not trying to "trash people" on this. What benefit do I get from trash talking on the internet.:D I'm just pointing out the problems on the server and coming up with solutions that will benefit the community in the long run. If I mention DT, don't take it personally. It has been the subject of the only raid on the server and the main faction that is controversially made up of a large number of people and thus will be used as an example by myself and many others.

Stop bitching Gav :P <3

I would also like to point of that MnC did defeat AWE, Claimed their main base and looted their chests before unclaiming the land.

• Advertisement

I can't help it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I didn't mention DT nor do I want to get involved. :confused:

All I am going to say is that the idea of factions is war, and as we all know "all is fair in love and war".
    When it comes to rule breaking let us not condemn others for "glitching" while using mob farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

You joining maka , our faction needs another to hit 5 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Requesting neutrality, like the coward that I am.

Yes there was a stalemate between us and AWE on the temp server, was that down to your faction being there? I doubt it. There was no combat and very little resources put into the attack from either side, so I doubt it would have been any different if DT wasn't there. If I remember correctly, we took out AWE while they were busy trying to claim DT.

If I recall correctly you weren't present for all the battles involving MnC/Dream Team/Awe there was infact a lot of combat put in to fighting them. Simply put, I am not saying MnC could not beat them alone, but instead we were greatly instrumental in the fight which is apparently not being acknowledged.
    Once again, I'm not trying to "trash people" on this. What benefit do I get from trash talking on the internet.:D I'm just pointing out the problems on the server and coming up with solutions that will benefit the community in the long run. If I mention DT, don't take it personally. It has been the subject of the only raid on the server and the main faction that is controversially made up of a large number of people and thus will be used as an example by myself and many others.

From what I am reading you are regularly taking the opportunity to taunt my brother, and if thats not trashing, I don't know what is.

CalmDown.jpg

Kenno90 wrote: »
    You joining maka , our faction needs another to hit 5 :p

No idea yet :P Still fairly hooked to DayZ. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

CALLING ALL MEMBERS OF AWE!!!!

We have been attacked by </snip> Creeps, and they have attempted to frame our allies...

One of their saboteurs was killed, and I am hereby declaring SERVER WAR 3 on them!

GRAB YOUR WEAPONS, GRAB YOUR ARMOUR, PUT DOWN YOUR FISHING ROD (and for god sake don't forget some food!)

THIS IS AWE(some)!

nimrod86 wrote: »
    CALLING ALL MEMBERS OF AWE!!!!

We have been attacked by Dream Team, and they have attempted to frame our allies...

One of their saboteurs was killed, and I am hereby declaring SERVER WAR 3 on them!

GRAB YOUR WEAPONS, GRAB YOUR ARMOUR, PUT DOWN YOUR FISHING ROD (and for god sake don't forget some food!)

THIS IS AWE(some)!

Now, you weren't assailed by the Dream Team.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Now, you weren't assailed by the Dream Team.... :confused:

Just realized this Far, very sorry, will edit and correct now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement