Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

My bad, thought the plan was something like 1 day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

so if this max limit of 5 comes in were gona have 3-4 new factions, will those new factions have a set time they cant be attacked while they setup there bases?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Farcheal wrote: »
    You did not have us at our lowest possible power. I said only at a given time. If people wanted to make smaller factions, they would have done so by now. Seeing as "The rest of the server" agrees with this statement, Why do we still retain our members. I'm not forcing anyone to stay, they have their own free will and I have no problem with anyone who wants to leave.

The reason why it hasn't changed is because dec has yet to implement the change. Sure even your own brother agreed with me on the server today. It is unfair to the rest of the server.

cidmon wrote: »
    so if this max limit of 5 comes in were gona have 3-4 new factions, will those new factions have a set time they cant be attacked while they setup there bases?

That is correct. I believe Andz has already left.
    Like when the server started, you have 2 days to set up your faction. This only applies to raids on your base. (You have difficulty grasping this). You can be killed becuase PvP still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Similarly to yourself, I have made great friends on this server

Why thankyou :)

But anyway, I havn't really played on this server much as of yet, but I understand the concept behind the power for the factions, and if one faction does have a substantial amount of inactive players it is definetly an unfair advantage even if it isn't purposely done for the extra power.

Factions should be stronger just because you know more people IRL or made more "friends" online, it should be small factions that are formed with any board's member for the fun of it, making the game for varied for player and everyone else.

I personally find it boring sometimes when on the previous survival maps, it was always the same big groups going off and isolating themselves.
    What im trying to say, is a bit of mix 'n' match can make for a more fun experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Xenon560 wrote: »

What im trying to say, is a bit of mix 'n' match can make for a more fun experience

Acropolis ;)

That is correct. I believe Andz has already left.
    Like when the server started, you have 2 days to set up your faction. This only applies to raids on your base. (You have difficulty grasping this). You can be killed becuase PvP still applies.

i have difficulty grasping it?

i have difficulty grasping it?
    Yes

Yes

please explain how. i aint had a complaint about diein to pvp ive had complaints about diein to lag (as in ending up in lava after a lag spike) but not about a death from a player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

LOUD NOISES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Scody94 wrote: »
    LOUD NOISES!

Bang.
    And the dirt is gone.
    *by dirt I mean all the possessions of DreamTeam

please explain how. i aint had a complaint about diein to pvp ive had complaints about diein to lag (as in ending up in lava after a lag spike) but not about a death from a player

Do you not remember all of the arguments you have been having about this "peace time", as you called it.
    I'm not going to get into it again. Like Xenon and Andz, who have just set up a new faction, there is an agreement, by word of mouth, that they are immune from raids for 2 days. If they appear by our base for a gander, we can kill them (... if we wish :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Bang.
    And the dirt is gone.
    *by dirt I mean some the possessions of DreamTeam

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

FYP ;)

Don't give him ideas! He will TNT the world looking for you:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, what's this all about? Factions? Is it some pvp server?!

Any basics how it works?

Do you not remember all of the arguments you have been having about this "peace time", as you called it.
    I'm not going to get into it again. Like Xenon and Andz, who have just set up a new faction, there is an agreement, by word of mouth, that they are immune from raids for 2 days. If they appear by our base for a gander, we can kill them (... if we wish :cool:)
    Sorry pal but ur mixin me up with someone else not had any arguments about peace time. Sure I hardly talk in public chat and only time ive talked to u in it was when u were chasin me thru the mine yesterday. And yes I agree with the faction limit but im tryin to find out if im stayin with DT or if im one of the ones leavin

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Right, what's this all about? Factions? Is it some pvp server?!

Any basics how it works?

Well you can choose to be neutral if you want Shadow, just ask admin/mods to set you to it and you can go on your merry way without being harmed:)
    Your equally welcome to set up a faction or join one that exist already, which ever you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It's such a shame "neutral" isn't just a word on this server :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

It's such a shame "neutral" isn't just a word on this server :pac:

Is PvP turned off for neutral people

Sorry pal but ur mixin me up with someone else not had any arguments about peace time. Sure I hardly talk in public chat and only time ive talked to u in it was when u were chasin me thru the mine yesterday. And yes I agree with the faction limit but im tryin to find out if im stayin with DT or if im one of the ones leavin

Apologies. I'm mixing you up with Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

A question about Neutrality: If I opt to be neutral, can I join a faction at a later stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My laptop for tekkit is broken and this one won't run it but I'll log into the console and I'll see what I can do :)

BX 19 wrote: »
    My laptop for tekkit is broken and this one won't run it but I'll log into the console and I'll see what I can do :)

That laptop has been buggy for ages :p. You plan on repairing it ? Need me to do anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kenno90 wrote: »
    That laptop has been buggy for ages :p. You plan on repairing it ? Need me to do anything ?

Charger is fuuuuucked :o

Need to buy a replacement, that is all what is wrong with it this time :P

EDIT:

This is what happends when I post when tired... Thought I posted this in the tekkit thread. Would Dec/cherry move the posts when they get a chance ? Cheers :)

Morbert wrote: »
    A question about Neutrality: If I opt to be neutral, can I join a faction at a later stage?

Originally I would have thought yes, why not. But what is preventing individuals using the protection of neutrality of completely building up their resources.
    I guess it is something that needs to be discussed.

Originally I would have thought yes, why not. But what is preventing individuals using the protection of neutrality of completely building up their resources.
    I guess it is something that needs to be discussed.

If thats the case then i want to be neutral for about two weeks then go back :P

Seriously something needs to be worked out, maybe have their chests and inventories emptied (just throwing out ideas)

Islands.

There is a neutral Island, To enter/leave you must empty your inventory. Anyone inside is neutral but once you leave you are free game. Each faction starts on a Faction Island, There will be enough resources to get by, But to get the upper hand on other factions you will need to move to the mainland.
    Various items such as TNT and ladders may be placed within enemy lands and enemies may open your chests at any time. This means that there is multiple options when raiding. You can capture, kill or just go for the loot. You can raid covertly, Or a direct assault. Options! Watching the enemy movements, Finding and exploiting a flaw in the defences and making off with a load of loot without the enemy knowing would be fun.

This means the goal changes from just camping the enemy spawn until they have less power then land then claiming, looting and unclaiming which is rather boring.

On the raid on DT we had complete control of their base but could not open their chests as their power was still higher than their land. This also encourages elaborate entrances and defences, Hidden rooms and a more interesting experience if someone can sneak in and steal everything without you even knowing.

Right now, The server is dying. MnC and AWE are the only 2 factions that have really grasped the concept of factions which is rather sad as I had a lot of hope for this server. Honestly I would suggest a poll on what should be done next, I see no reason for a server to be running when the core goal of the server(Factions) is not being used and is actually making players leave. Other than the raid on DT a few days back no one else has been raided or has raided.

Some advice to other non neutral players:

The goal of factions is to build a base with elaborate defences. Do not be angry when someone raids you and steals everything, You opted that you were ok with this happening the moment you decided not to be neutral. It is entirely your fault that the enemy managed to not only get into your base but also kill you. You should not quit the moment this happens but rather think how you can prevent it from happening and start again. If the player base does not understand this then there is no point in running factions as I don't want players to quit the server because someone was playing as intended.

How about once a stable 1.3 factions plugin is released we get another new map, But we put effort into it to make it good? Faction limits and a custom map, We get player input on what is and is not allowed and actually have a server that the players want rather than what we have now which no one seems to like:/

Islands.
    Right now, The server is dying. MnC and AWE are the only 2 factions that have really grasped the concept of factions which is rather sad as I had a lot of hope for this server. Honestly I would suggest a poll on what should be done next, I see no reason for a server to be running when the core goal of the server(Factions) is not being used and is actually making players leave. Other than the raid on DT a few days back no one else has been raided or has raided.
    :/

1:u mean ur the only 2 active factions not under protection
    2: no other raids so far because AWE and MnC seem to have a love in with each other wich makes u both seem like 1 faction. if ur getin bored with it declare war on each other problem solved. if u guys carry on like this any new factions aint gona stand a chance and then the server really will be dead

1:u mean ur the only 2 active factions not under protection
    2: no other raids so far because AWE and MnC seem to have a love in with each other wich makes u both seem like 1 faction. if ur getin bored with it declare war on each other problem solved. if u guys carry on like this any new factions aint gona stand a chance and then the server really will be dead

1. Do you mean neutral protection? 2 non neutral factions is not enough to keep a server alive.

2. Declaring on AWE would not solve the problem, Maybe it would provide a few hours of amusement but then the server would be dead once again. Problem not solved.

3. We give each new faction 48 hours of grace, Is that not enough time for them to build up a decent base? Even so, We have not raided anyone other than DT yet so your argument is invalid.

This is what I meant above, You are angry that you got raided even though you accepted that it would happen when you decided to not be neutral. People act as if this was not a PVP server or something!:confused:

• Advertisement

1. Do you mean neutral protection? 2 non neutral factions is not enough to keep a server alive.

2. Declaring on AWE would not solve the problem, Maybe it would provide a few hours of amusement but then the server would be dead once again. Problem not solved.

3. We give each new faction 48 hours of grace, Is that not enough time for them to build up a decent base? Even so, We have not raided anyone other than DT yet so your argument is invalid.

This is what I meant above, You are angry that you got raided even though you accepted that it would happen when you decided to not be neutral. People act as if this was not a PVP server or something!:confused:

yeah im on about the grace as far as i know Creeps is the only active faction affected by this
    u complain of no raids yet as i said AWE and MnC are the only ACTIVE factions not under grace so in effect u are complaining about u 2 not raiding each other
    48 hours is enough time to build a decent base but with DT there was no common goal as there was so many people in it with there own ideas which is why i support the 5 member per faction idea
    im not angry u guys destroyed DT as it exposed a major flaw with having no member limit rule set wich in turn will make it a hell of alot better when there is such a rule

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement