Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niallmcs

Your grand Complete, going to spend a bit of time on the other irish server that was posted up.

Good luck with the factions lads.

Same as killer, this just doesn't seem that fun anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

niallmcs wrote: »
    Same as killer, this just doesn't seem that fun anymore.

yea you are right, It is only fun when you are raiding others. The moment the table turns you quit and say it is not fun any more:(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

No, But I can offer someone their life, And Cid(The faction leader) already declared their faction dead.

But whatever far:)

If any players in it remain and still want to play, it lives

But sorry to interrupt your destruction of every other faction, will be hilarious to see what the next flimsy Casus Beli will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

Your grand Complete, going to spend a bit of time on the other irish server that was posted up.

Good luck with the factions lads.

check your pm's m8

Farcheal wrote: »
    If any players in it remain and still want to play, it lives

But sorry to interrupt your destruction of every other faction, will be hilarious to see what the next flimsy Casus Beli will be.

Why would I even need a reason to raid another faction? The entire point of this server is to raid, Not sit about moaning.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

yea you are right, It is only fun when you are raiding others. The moment the table turns you quit and say it is not fun any more:(

It's hard to have fun Complete, when the attackers get chunk errors and map loading errors which enable them to gain access to your base that you spent hours working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

What server are ya on now killer?

Why would I even need a reason to raid another faction? The entire point of this server is to raid, Not sit about moaning.:pac:

Weren't you moaning about the lack of factions playing on the server? The massive alliance between Mnc/Awe surely should have disolved by this point if your so focused on fun raiding, go attack each other.

Sure because having a 13 man alliance to attack any faction out of the grace period is fair :rolleyes: and pointing it out is bitching :P

Edit: Just Pointing out, Completionist is Buttany; leader of MNC

It's hard to have fun Complete, when the attackers get chunk errors and map loading errors which enable them to gain access to your base that you spent hours working on.

No one did any of that.

We mined in.

Chunk errors are not client side, Any chunk errors would be present when the map is initially loaded. Map loading errors are just visual, And as such can not be used to get past walls.

Weren't you moaning about the lack of factions playing on the server? The massive alliance between Mnc/Awe surely should have disolved by this point if your so focused on fun raiding, go attack each other.

Sure because having a 13 man alliance to attack any faction out of the grace period is fair :rolleyes: and pointing it out is bitching :P

There is a difference between moaning about lack of players and moaning about being raided. Since we raided DT, you haven't stopped complaining about flimsy justifications and how MnC/AWE should attack each other.

• Advertisement

There is a difference between moaning about lack of players and moaning about being raided. Since we raided DT, you haven't stopped complaining about flimsy justifications and how MnC/AWE should attack each other.

Because your justification for not doing so is completely balls!

I don't see how you don't understand your actions are literally driving people off the server.

And If I may add, you mates supposedly saw a chunk error from AGES away that allowed them to see where my new base was. Once again thats too likely a story to me.

Because your justification for not doing so is completely balls!

I don't see how you don't understand your actions are literally driving people off the server.

Then please tell me what we should be doing on a factions server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Guys why don't you make one big faction and set out to attack AWE MnC

Then please tell me what we should be doing on a factions server.

This is beside the point, we are having an arguement about your actions being detrimental to the server's playerbase but if you want me to give my two cents.

As Dec and Kenno suggested, I think it would be cool of Factions were building small hamlets etc to live in. Even town if they decide to cohabit with their Allies. Then if they have a real reason to go to war, They can do so. I don't mind a bit of raiding but I experience raid after raid in circumstances that were impossible. So don't say I am simply bitching about how my Faction was raided. You attacked many times within the grace period after you made that cobble thing atop our Sand temple and proceeded to SOMEHOW manage to see chunk errors that lead you to 2 other of our bases.

This is beside the point, we are having an arguement about your actions being detrimental to the server's playerbase but if you want me to give my two cents.

As Dec and Kenno suggested, I think it would be cool of Factions were building small hamlets etc to live in. Even town if they decide to cohabit with their Allies. Then if they have a real reason to go to war, They can do so. I don't mind a bit of raiding but I experience raid after raid in circumstances that were impossible. So don't say I am simply bitching about how my Faction was raided. You attacked many times within the grace period after you made that cobble thing atop our Sand temple and proceeded to SOMEHOW manage to see chunk errors that lead you to 2 other of our bases.

You didn't answer my question, You are saying we are driving players away even though we thought we were playing as intended. Please tell us how we should be playing?

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Guys why don't you make one big faction and set out to attack AWE MnC

I don't know, they would probably attack it when it would have 1 member online and destroy the base. And then complain about a large faction being there to threaten them.

And above, I did. Its called, Don't be dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Nope, just ally up and come at us! As gav pointed out many times, we're not an unstoppable force! Just plan and attack like we do!

I don't know, they would probably attack it when it would have 1 member online and destroy the base. And then complain about a large faction being there to threaten them.

And above, I did. Its called, Don't be dicks.

So how can we not be dicks while still playing as intended? It is factions, You agreed to risk everything the moment you decided not to be neutral.

You still have not answered my question, Are you a politician by any chance?

Just thought I'd post this for everyone to see!

New holiday location, Craggy island! Located in the North Sea!!
    Features include, the sea, a lighthouse, open air public toilets, 2 houses and a shed!!! BOOK NOW!!!

x675?noinc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

This is hilarious.

You ask for rule changes to be made to combat our underwater base. We use these updates in a counter attack and you go off and complain. As far as I am concerned, the only people who are playing the game as it is meant to be played is AWE MnC and Moonraker (who has set our to take down MnC single handed. Still haven't found him :P)

For the record.. the "chunk error" is a joke. We need the obsidian, so we mined it out. It looked like a chunk error, so we put up the comments here as a joke. We have found your bases fairly.

• Advertisement

So how can we not be dicks while still playing as intended? It is factions, You agreed to risk everything the moment you decided not to be neutral.

You still have not answered my question, Are you a politician by any chance?

I have answered your question, read my posts.

Your engaging in Dickish behaviour by attacking every faction out of the grace period, please tell me how this isn't dickish. :confused: They aren't getting adequate time to prepare themselves for the debacle they will be involved in and most players can't afford to spend as much time on the server. Does this mean someone who has played 3 hours within the 2 day grace period should be annihilated as soon as the two day limit is up?

And your appear not to be responding to my previous points of you simply being able to find bases and attack them at the drop of a hat despite the fact you should have no idea where they are. You also choose to raid at times when a faction has very few members online to defend themselves. Tell me how this isn't dickish? :confused:

And to my knowledge a chunk error can only appear when something is rendering, not when it has already rendered...... :rolleyes:

I know I find other bases by walking around for ages with the map turned on, nothing wrong with that

nimrod86 wrote: »
    I know I find other bases by walking around for ages with the map turned on, nothing wrong with that

Nimrod, I have seen you walk with no reason for doing so straight to an underground base where someone was sneaking and running around it trying to get them. You could brush this under the carpet saying it was a co-incidence and you found the base all by yourself, but when It happens a multitude of times, which it has, I think there is something funny going on.

EDIT: I mean to say, You aren't so good you can just walk in a random direction and find a small base.

I already explained that, I was out looking for niall when I found him and killed him. Pure co-incidence, and when i found the creeps base, I was sailing across the ocean with the automap on and the chunks lit up. I haven't found any other bases so your argument that it has happened a multitude of times is invalid.

Your engaging in Dickish behaviour by attacking every faction out of the grace periodplease tell me how this isn't dickish. :confused: They aren't getting adequate time to prepare themselves for the debacle they will be involved in and most players can't afford to spend as much time on the server. Does this mean someone who has played 3 hours within the 2 day grace period should be annihilated as soon as the two day limit is up?

Still not an answer, Saying we should not attack factions while the purpose of the game is to attack factions? Nope.

We have attacked DreamTeam, Who had the same amount of time to prepare as us and then we attacked Creeps who had declared they were ready when they cobble mountained AWE's base and tried to frame MnC.

But please do show us what other innocent factions we have attacked that were either not prepared or did not ask for it.

And your appear not to be responding to my previous points of you simply being able to find bases and attack them at the drop of a hat despite the fact you should have no idea where they are. You also choose to raid at times when a faction has very few members online to defend themselves. Tell me how this isn't dickish? :confused:

I found the first DT base using the DynamicMap
    cnc found the second DT base because his map loaded slowly. Luck.

At this point DT decided to quit.

Creeps were formed.

Creeps attacked.

We found the Creeps base because Cid decided to post that his nether portal was within 1000 blocks of Gardai's portal. As Gardai built their base near the corner of the map the area to look was small. We also knew Creeps had built an underwater base because they kept drowning.

We used our brains.

And to my knowledge a chunk error can only appear when something is rendering, not when it has already rendered...... :rolleyes:

Chunk errors appear when something is rendering, And as Creeps lived there I could not exactly made the server re render the area.
    By chunk error I mean strange formations of land such as a sheer cliff face like if someone removed an entire chunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So what do you propose. I'm all ears.

Instead on whining on here every other day, tell us "exactly" what we can and can't do. When, specifically, is it ok to raid another faction. What time is adequate to attack? etc etc.

You know as well as I do That Creeps was comprised of Former members of the Dream Team. The Dream Team isn't dead, IF your statement about a faction being dead when a leader decides so, I haven't decided that Dream Team are dead.

Another Faction > Trojan. Attacked by AWE.

And That excuse of a "slow map" is rather lackluster. The second base was far away and well hidden, with no chunks being claimed. The only way you could have found it is if you happened upon the tunnel, which you have stated you haven't.

You have yet to explain how you found the other bases either.

And Nim, I have seen you do the aforementioned "scouting" if It were many times when Niall was in holes around your base. There was no isolated case, there was more than 1 occurance. I never brought into question the finding of our First Base or Creep's base. I brought into question how our secret and hidden bases were found and dismantled so quickly after the first assault.

EDIT:

Gav, Is it really "whining" if your voicing the opinion of MANY people on the server?

Niall used cobble on his holes on dirt and dirt in sand, that's how I saw him! i pay attention when I'm walking around, and I do go on long wanders searching for bases, cause that's what you do in factions! And creeps base was dismantled fast because we co-ordinated as a team, got in, claimed land, and took our well earned loot, I have had nothing to do with the current Dream Teams bases, I have just been involved in getting the Creeps

And That excuse of a "slow map" is rather lackluster. The second base was far away and well hidden, with no chunks being claimed. The only way you could have found it is if you happened upon the tunnel, which you have stated you haven't.

cnc's map loaded slowly after we were returning from looking for your base, 3 of us spent about 2 hours scouting the map. cnc seen a tunnel while a chunk was loading.

I have explained Creeps base and DT's first base, What other bases had you? The one right beside your first base? I seen Cid inside the mountain.
    You know as well as I do That Creeps was comprised of Former members of the Dream Team. The Dream Team isn't dead, IF your statement about a faction being dead when a leader decides so, I haven't decided that Dream Team are dead.

So what if the Creeps were part of a previous faction or not, It doesnt matter! They attacked AWE and tried to frame us so we attacked them.

And still! You have not answered my question, How do we play correctly on a pvp server that will not force others to quit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

Jaysus this craic is getting outta hand!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement