Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Farcheal wrote: »
    Wait....So your taking a joke....as if I genuinely jokes aside accussed you of being high? How is that even offensive?

What is the world coming to......

Yes I have insulted by you implying I must be on drugs to have the viewpoint I have, and there was no need whatsoever for you to make it personal. You don't know me well enough to make that kind of "joke" about me. Would you say that to someone you didn't know properly in real life? I would advise you to think about what you say before you say it at all times. You have insulted me personally, I have asked you to apologise, are you going to act like an adult? Or do I have to follow through on what I said and ask for an admin to deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

kronnn wrote: »
    Yes I have insulted by you implying I must be on drugs to have the viewpoint I have, and there was no need whatsoever for you to make it personal. You don't know me well enough to make that kind of "joke" about me. Would you say that to someone you didn't know properly in real life? I would advise you to think about what you say before you say it at all times. You have insulted me personally, I have asked you to apologise, are you going to act like an adult? Or do I have to follow through on what I said and ask for an admin to deal with it?

Fine...Kronnn I am sorry for implying you committed Substance abuse.

Still, Point of Fact is my arguments stand, and going off on a side argument doesn't change that.

EDIT:

And yes, I would say that to someone I "don't know properly in real life" because it is a joke, plain and simple. You know that as well as I do. Seeing as it has annoyed you I apologized and we must no longer dwell on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Fine...Kronnn I am sorry for implying you committed Substance abuse.

Still, Point of Fact is my arguments stand, and going off on a side argument doesn't change that.

EDIT:

And yes, I would say that to someone I "don't know properly in real life" because it is a joke, plain and simple. You know that as well as I do. Seeing as it has annoyed you I apologized and we must no longer dwell on the issue.

You did not imply it, that was an outright accusation, and I'm sorry but now you have tried to make it out as my fault for getting offended at your clearly inflammatory statement and as me starting a "side argument" all while saying that you're only apologising because I got offended, and to be honest that was one of the weakest apologies I've ever seen.
    The fact of the matter is you are still defending yourself, especially with your little edit, you are not sorry, you clearly don't even think your behaviour or what you said is in any way wrong. I'm sorry you have left me no choice but to lodge a complaint with an admin on the server and a mod on this forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Guys can you calm down a bit please. Try and debate without having a go at other people. Just because they have a different viewpoint doesn't mean they are wrong or their opinion doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

O644QTSQYK5HHRTEVIVFRZV5SFHUKUKK.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Server down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

bouncybul wrote: »
    Server down?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

This pretty much sums up my opinion on faction the factions server as well.
    I would prefer if it was more about the actual PvP combat and not destroying bases which is what seems to be happening now. Maybe some form of PvP arena could solve that?

I remember I suggested this.... Was laughed at :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

My short paragraph was too long to read?

I hadn't even seen minecraft before until the start of this year. When I bought it, at that time, one of the first things I did was sign up to this server and start to play on it. Are you seriously saying my point can't be counted because I haven't played on the server since last year? Because I wasn't playing something I didn't know existed?

Then your stating simply because I am not on the server much recently that I comment on the goings on, I find that simply ridiculous. I still check boards the odd time, and am just commenting on the topic at hand.

Apparently I am "stirring" things up. Point of Fact is, I pointed out a bogus statement was wrong. There have been debates going on here for the last while, I challenge you to find 1 example of myself Starting/stirring an argument up in the last week.

I really don't understand why you brought up the point of map resets as if it is evidence in your favor, on the contrary. These are statistics. If people aren't on the server, then plain and simple they aren't there. I don't understand why you are arguing about it.

As the title of the topic Suggests " Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3" This is what the current iteration of the Server is about. And by not partaking in it, it leaves you purely with a speculative role and as a result detracts from your argument. Again, point is the server is currently factions are most people wanted it to become such. Bringing up past iterations of the server serves little purpose in this debate.

Also, at no point did I bring up the length of time playing on this server. It matters for nothing. I enjoy messing about the odd time on Boards, which I cannot do very often at present moment. I did not "RageQuit" I simply don't have the time to contribute towards it. I will point out, if you are pointing fingers at people for not playing and those making their points invalid, Didn't you leave the last server to another one because you were bored by it or something? :confused: I specifically remember you leaving the IP address of another server in your shop.

Apparently now, If another Server offers me the position of Moderator, I now must decline and take into account Iair shouting at me for not being able contribute time to boards.

I was referring to the length of the text below that warning in case anyone else besides you spent their time reading my post needlessly. In fact, in case you didn't notice, I addressed each of the points you made with one of my own, so to telling me I didn't read your post, I say... wat?

I'm colour coding this one in case it gets too long.

By bringing up when you started playing, I was pointing out that your statement about 0 players being on is incorrect as you've only been on 2 maps? (I don't know what map you first joined on though, 2 is a guess) and I can tell you that there was usually always someone on on maps 1 and 2. 3 onwards I can't tell as I stopped playing minecraft altogether for a few months.

Just pointing out that you weren't right about 0 on vanilla as vanilla means all 5 maps.

I find the fact that you are trying to influence decisions on a map you rarely play on to be ridiculous. Talk away, but don't suggest for a server you don't participate in, that decision is best left to the people it will actually effect.

Your post about kronn being high is an example. I'd put a list of your posts here but the Boards.ie spoiler system doesn't work like other forums where you press a button to open up the spoiler, so for the sake of space I'll say that the kronn post is enough.

It's a very valid point actually. It's more likely that someone will quit after losing their hard work (Which happens after a reset, and there may be more than one person that does quit) than it is for someone new to join (which can happen entirely randomly)

That's only a title. Factions is only a plugin, and we AREN'T using a dedicated factions map. I choose to use that as a chance to continue survival.
    Now this is the bit you just won't bloody well listen to.
    Neutral factions ARE STILL PART OF FACTIONS. They are formed the same way, cost the same to make, have the same players in them as normal ones.
    People who aren't actually in a faction are the ones who aren't participating. Read that bit very well please, I've told you this so many times. Neutral factions were programmed into the damn plugin, that makes them part of factions. I'm tired of repeating this.

There have been people suggesting factions is removed entirely because it just isn't right for this server, which has always worked well as regular SMP
    It is actually, I brought it up to debunk you saying there were 0 people on regularly.

Well I personally find that coming on and leaving 5 minutes later is so boring it makes coming on that short of a time pointless.
    Playing for an hour at a time is much more enjoyable.

It seems that way to me. And Dreamteam being disbanded supported my view.

I left because I was banned. Difference between you and I is that once I left the server, I didn't post here at all.
    And for the record, I played on that server for about 2 days then quit minecraft until I found out what tekkit was a few weeks back. Ask anyone who went on the Krautchan server from here, they'll tell you they never once found me on it. And I didn't take the sign down in my shop because, you know, quit minecraft and such

I don't give a crap what other servers you play on, you play on them of your own free will. Bringing THEM up was pointless, at least me bringing up past maps on THIS server has some relevance.
    If they're so important to you, kindly stay on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Who turned on the pyro vision :P

(don't expect many people to get that reference)

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Who turned on the pyro vision :P

(don't expect many people to get that reference)

I c wut u did thar...
    Well I think I do anyways... this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

mountain-or-molehill-1024x765.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

That is either a tiny mountain or a huge molehill......

Roorah wrote: »
    That is either a tiny mountain or a huge molehill......

Or the molehill could just be nearer to the viewer?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Or the molehill could just be nearer to the viewer?:D

Small? Far away? Thought that only worked on cows.....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

I cant connect to the server?

bouncybul wrote: »
    I cant connect to the server?

Works for me:)

Some plugins to consider:

FoundDiamond
    Towny Advanced

And some sort of multichat system, Maybe Simple Chat Channels

Towny seems to be a better version of factions? Much more about building and preserving the world rather than all out annihilation?:pac:

Could we allow Smart Moving? It is possible to use on servers with just modifying the user .jar but provides what would most likely be considered an unfair advantage, However it makes movements feel and look much better. You can climb trees and fences, You swim correctly and you can slide around the place:D

Some plugins to consider:

FoundDiamond
    Towny Advanced

And some sort of multichat system, Maybe Simple Chat Channels

Towny seems to be a better version of factions? Much more about building and preserving the world rather than all out annihilation?:pac:

Could we allow Smart Moving? It is possible to use on servers with just modifying the user .jar but provides what would most likely be considered an unfair advantage, However it makes movements feel and look much better. You can climb trees and fences, You swim correctly and you can slide around the place:D

Founddiamond probably won't be used, I suggested something identical but no response
    We already tried to get towny in, remember? But nothing happened.

Some people are just plain hopeless at modding, even with clear instructions. Worth a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Although last time we had Towny it was a mess, I think it may work if we tried.
    Plus, it lets me still use my map :P

• Advertisement

We definetely need Smart Moving :) That is so awesome.
    If we just go back to plain Survival then it would be an unfair advantage as we aren't fighting each other.

Did you do anymore work on the map since, Xenon? Would love to explore a bit more of it.

Oh, And Smart Moving makes you fly like superman ^.^

I have :)

Another section of the map (top right/middle)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23qwvsgruw6sus1/Factions%20World%20post-biomes-2.zip

The vast expanses of water are most likely the border as I forgot to make the border a void :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement