Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Bad few days but back on track.

Ok so Friday of last week I feel off the wagon by quite a bit. I ate so much over the weekend but have since brought things back in line, so now the same weight I was Monday before last, 15 St 5.6 LB. Happily though I didnt touch any alcohol which was great :)

I felt I needed the blow out though as I was sick of pointing but these blowouts are great for me, I have had 3 in about 11 weeks, they give me perspective and spur me on even more.

Anyhow the head is down and back doing what I do best lose weight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Back after a 2 week holiday, started off well, even brought fruit to the airport, as time went on though I became fed up and caved, there were just too many temptations (chocolate crepes with ice cream being one!). I was only away for one week but my bad eating continued over the week of my return, just kept saying that the damage was already done I might as well enjoy bold food while I can and start a fresh after my next WI. Now in fairness to me I have started afresh but I probably could have undone ALOT of damage by being good that second week..Gained the most weight I ever have since joining WW last Decemeber, 5 pounds, was a total kick in the teeth especially since I was just off goal. Was really starting to lose heart that second week and was almost worried that I wouldn't be able to get back into the right frame of mind but alas here I am.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Was down 2lbs tonight.

Got my 5th stone!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cosmic wrote: »
    Was down 2lbs tonight.

Wow!! Well done! I'm so impressed! I remember when we had the same distance to go to our 50lb cert! I still have the same distance to go though!! :( ah well. At least I'm holding my own (ish). I'll get there eventually.
    Well done again!

ck83 wrote: »
    Wow!! Well done! I'm so impressed! I remember when we had the same distance to go to our 50lb cert! I still have the same distance to go though!! :( ah well. At least I'm holding my own (ish). I'll get there eventually.
    Well done again!

Oh but you're close to goal. I still have 20lbs to go so I know it's going to slow down soon. I have just switched from walking to running this week so hopefully that'll help keep things moving. I am actually shocked at how easy running is! It's funny the things you can do when you're carrying 70lbs less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Was down 2lbs tonight.

Wow you are doing so amazing!! Its just falling off your. Doing all the right things so you are :D Well done on the running too - I noticed the difference after the first 2 stone so I can only imagine the difference 5 of them make. You really are fantastic cosmic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Taz1 wrote: »
    Back after a 2 week holiday, started off well, even brought fruit to the airport, as time went on though I became fed up and caved, there were just too many temptations (chocolate crepes with ice cream being one!). I was only away for one week but my bad eating continued over the week of my return, just kept saying that the damage was already done I might as well enjoy bold food while I can and start a fresh after my next WI. Now in fairness to me I have started afresh but I probably could have undone ALOT of damage by being good that second week..Gained the most weight I ever have since joining WW last Decemeber, 5 pounds, was a total kick in the teeth especially since I was just off goal. Was really starting to lose heart that second week and was almost worried that I wouldn't be able to get back into the right frame of mind but alas here I am.... :confused:
    Taz keep up d good work, your back on track again that's all that matters! I too went on holidays and ate way too many yummy crepes with ice cream so I know exactly how u feel! I too am back on track and determined to lose the weight I've put on!!:-) unfortunately I'm going away this weekend so def gonna find it hard to stay on track! I'll try but if I don't succeed I'll start again when I get back! Stay positive taz x

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I don't know what it is, but every time I've gotten really close to goal I've sabotaged it in one way or another. Not on purpose, but lately I was about 3 or 4lbs from goal and now I'm about 10lbs away :(

I'm going to try my best to get back on track over the next few weeks but this is not the first time this has happened to me and I've read that it happens to others too!

The good news is that apparently if you do this you are more likely to keep the weight off long term rather than those who get to goal really easily with no bumps along the way.

;)

Well done again!

Oh but you're close to goal. I still have 20lbs to go so I know it's going to slow down soon. I have just switched from walking to running this week so hopefully that'll help keep things moving. I am actually shocked at how easy running is! It's funny the things you can do when you're carrying 70lbs less!

I'm two stone from goal!! I know what you mean- I always used to tell myself I hated running, and that I just wasn't built for it. Turns out I really like it, as you say, carrying less excess makes it much easier!!

I'm two stone from goal!! I know what you mean- I always used to tell myself I hated running, and that I just wasn't built for it. Turns out I really like it, as you say, carrying less excess makes it much easier!!

Oh sorry, I sometimes get people confused - there are so many of us on here at the moment! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

People question / survey do ye use your Weeklies?

I have used 47 mine this week and I am worried as I have never used them really before

Chong wrote: »
    People question / survey do ye use your Weeklies?

I have used 47 mine this week and I am worried as I have never used them really before

I use nearly all of them everyweek and It hasn't negatively affected my loss. The only 2times I have gained in 8months I went way over everything. Have been doing that from the start though. If you don't usually use them then it may adversely affect your weight loss but the plan is designed for them to be used so you should still lose. Just may not be as much as other weeks.

Taz keep up d good work, your back on track again that's all that matters! I too went on holidays and ate way too many yummy crepes with ice cream so I know exactly how u feel! I too am back on track and determined to lose the weight I've put on!!:-) unfortunately I'm going away this weekend so def gonna find it hard to stay on track! I'll try but if I don't succeed I'll start again when I get back! Stay positive taz x

Thanks Audi driver, that means a lot (FYI guys I LOVE the support on this forum!) Its nice to know that there are others on here like me! My weakness is my sweet tooth, I dunno what it is but I ALWAYS crave chocolate, and I do try satisfy my cravings in healther ways by putting some choc philly on rice cakes or havin a treat size bar but I'm still always wanting more a few hours later! Just think of this weekend as manageable, at least its ony 2/3 days, as opposed to a weeks holiday or something, don't forget to enjoy yourself too! Good luck with it anyway :)
    dammitj wrote: »
    I don't know what it is, but every time I've gotten really close to goal I've sabotaged it in one way or another. Not on purpose, but lately I was about 3 or 4lbs from goal and now I'm about 10lbs away :(

I'm going to try my best to get back on track over the next few weeks but this is not the first time this has happened to me and I've read that it happens to others too!

The good news is that apparently if you do this you are more likely to keep the weight off long term rather than those who get to goal really easily with no bumps along the way.

;)

Its SO annoying getting that close isn't it? I actually got to goal and dropped it 2 pounds lower but I've since become a bit more realistic and on agreement with my leader have put it back up those 2 pounds.. I can see why that last thing you mentioned would make sense, it makes me feel better now looking at those in the meeting that have got to goal really quickly, I'll hopefully be better off in the long run! Best of luck with your week this week :)

Thanks a million! Feeling pretty good this week - hit the gym 3 times and went to a yoga workshop so I'm looking forward to using my 49 weeklies at the weekend hee hee!

I ran for 25 solid minutes last night and I'm so proud of myself - it's not much but to me it's a lot. :)

I also got my size 12 trakkie bottoms in the post from Littlewoods yesterday and was a bit worried they wouldn't fit since I've gained a few lbs, but they're perfect. Phew!

Onwards and downwards!!!

dammitj wrote: »
    Thanks a million! Feeling pretty good this week - hit the gym 3 times and went to a yoga workshop so I'm looking forward to using my 49 weeklies at the weekend hee hee!

I ran for 25 solid minutes last night and I'm so proud of myself - it's not much but to me it's a lot. :)

I also got my size 12 trakkie bottoms in the post from Littlewoods yesterday and was a bit worried they wouldn't fit since I've gained a few lbs, but they're perfect. Phew!

Onwards and downwards!!!

Great to hear, sounds like you're doing fantastic, keep it up!

I've trained twice this week, went to the gym in between, goin today and hopefully going tomorrow. Trying to be so strict with my weeklies to keep em for Sat night/Sunday as its my birthday on Sunday and while I really wanna enjoy it, I really don't wanna undo all my hard work! So fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

hi all, Just back after a long break away from ww and the boards. Life has been very difficult the last while, firstly my uncle 52 got cancer and passed away, my aunt 54 went to usa for the funeral caught swine flu on the plane & passed away five weeks later. Few months later my mums brother 59 was killed by a falling tree and to top all this off, in March we were getting ready for my aunts 1 year anniversary mass when my uncle/godfather 65 had a heart attack and passed away also, scary thing is he got a clean bill of health from the doctor only two weeks before. For the longest time now i've been neglecting my weight and my health and even after my uncle passed away in March i kept telling myself that i would do something about it, but did i no. Finally i went to the doctor for a check up only to be told that i've gone from the boarderline diabetic catagory to being a diabetic. i've been told i have 3 months to make my readings improve and get my sugar levels down or i will have to start injections. So here i am back at ww for well i'm really not sure how many times i've joined but its a lot. Just spent the last few hours catching up on what everyone has been up too, its been very busy here. Its great to see how well everyone is doing and to stock up on some much needed motivation. i'm restarting my weight loss journey at 20st 7 lbs at 5'6" i have about 10st to lose but im going to be sensible and take it a half a stone at a time. Looking forward to a brighter and healthier future.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Have been on Hols from work for the last 2 weeks and was dreading weigh in yesterday because i really did enjoy myself but to my surprise i was down half a pound. Back on track since monday and im 1 stone from goal would love to loose that by christmas but i'll take what ever i get :D

hi all, Just back after a long break away from ww and the boards. Life has been very difficult the last while, firstly my uncle 52 got cancer and passed away, my aunt 54 went to usa for the funeral caught swine flu on the plane & passed away five weeks later. Few months later my mums brother 59 was killed by a falling tree and to top all this off, in March we were getting ready for my aunts 1 year anniversary mass when my uncle/godfather 65 had a heart attack and passed away also, scary thing is he got a clean bill of health from the doctor only two weeks before. For the longest time now i've been neglecting my weight and my health and even after my uncle passed away in March i kept telling myself that i would do something about it, but did i no. Finally i went to the doctor for a check up only to be told that i've gone from the boarderline diabetic catagory to being a diabetic. i've been told i have 3 months to make my readings improve and get my sugar levels down or i will have to start injections. So here i am back at ww for well i'm really not sure how many times i've joined but its a lot. Just spent the last few hours catching up on what everyone has been up too, its been very busy here. Its great to see how well everyone is doing and to stock up on some much needed motivation. i'm restarting my weight loss journey at 20st 7 lbs at 5'6" i have about 10st to lose but im going to be sensible and take it a half a stone at a time. Looking forward to a brighter and healthier future.
    so sorry to hear about the terrible time you have had, God love you. It would make you realise how important your health is. You are great to be getting back on track and i hope it goes well for you. I find this forum so good for motivation or if you just want a rant its nice to have people who understand

Great to hear, sounds like you're doing fantastic, keep it up!

I've trained twice this week, went to the gym in between, goin today and hopefully going tomorrow. Trying to be so strict with my weeklies to keep em for Sat night/Sunday as its my birthday on Sunday and while I really wanna enjoy it, I really don't wanna undo all my hard work! So fingers crossed...

Happy birthday!

Have fun!!

Mmmm, I've just discovered my new favourite treat! 2 rice cakes smothered in a small tub of chocolate philadelphia. Delicious, and only 3pp!

• Advertisement

Am loving my new job, too busy to even think about food. And what I have with me is all I can eat. Even managed to say no to the nicest looking scone today - my boss bought them in. Felt like I was being rude, but still said no thanks and had my usual brekkie!!!

Off for a night camping tomorrow - meeting my friends at lie 7:30am - so its gonna be a tough day to keep on track. heading out for dinner on sunday night so want some of my weeklies left in tact for that too. Gonna buy a 6 pack of coors light or a bottle of white and try to only have a few extra weeklies worth of food. I want my half pound off on tuesday!!

Any ideas of 0/very low pp stuff I can bring in the car. Was thinking of roasting some BNS and making some salad to nibble on while everyone else has lunch. Fruit too - have lots of fruit. Also gonna bring my WW digestives cos the guys wanna make smores and I think a toasted marshmallow on top of a ww digestive will be perfect for me for that. Any suggestions on how to stay on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Welcome back to WW Jackie and thanks for sharing. You've been through such an awful time. I hope you get the support you need here and make progress towards a healthier new you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

Hi All :-)
    I am just wondering has anyone completed Jillian Michael's 30-day shred DVD, while with ww? If so, how did it go? I'm pointing it as 2 pp per day even though I thinks it's much tougher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Hi All

Haven't posted in ages, am in Asia for a while and trying my best to stay on the WW wagon, I will admit though I may not be making the best choices, tryna have lotsa chicken, pork and fish for my main meals and am stocking up on fruit as it is so fresh and readily available here but breakfasts are what I'm concerned about- I am eating the equivalent of coco pops and while I have been pointing them (work out the same as bowl of Special K) I'm wondering can I still have a loss as they must be full of sugar? Am still sticking to my 26PP so in theory I should be ok, just looking for 2nd opinions really :) NOt sure what I can substitute the coco pops for and don't wanna skip breakfast as that has proven to be a disaster for me in the past!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

mossimo9 wrote: »
    Hi All :-)
    I am just wondering has anyone completed Jillian Michael's 30-day shred DVD, while with ww? If so, how did it go? I'm pointing it as 2 pp per day even though I thinks it's much tougher!!

I have done it before. It's great for losing inches not so much for getting the scales moving though. I wore a bikini for the first time thanks to it :) I'm not sure of your stats so can't check but I would classify it as high intensity so about 4/5 pp. I don't count them myself as I try not to use activity points as its way too much on top of the daily's and weeklies.

intouch44 wrote: »
    Hi All

Haven't posted in ages, am in Asia for a while and trying my best to stay on the WW wagon, I will admit though I may not be making the best choices, tryna have lotsa chicken, pork and fish for my main meals and am stocking up on fruit as it is so fresh and readily available here but breakfasts are what I'm concerned about- I am eating the equivalent of coco pops and while I have been pointing them (work out the same as bowl of Special K) I'm wondering can I still have a loss as they must be full of sugar? Am still sticking to my 26PP so in theory I should be ok, just looking for 2nd opinions really :) NOt sure what I can substitute the coco pops for and don't wanna skip breakfast as that has proven to be a disaster for me in the past!!

Technically if you are still within points then yes you should still lose. My only issue with coco pops is that I find they're not great for keeping you going but if you find them good then there's nothing wrong with them. Special K is not in any way healthier for you as its full of sugar. If all you can have is cereal then a bowl of coco pops won't affect your weight loss as long as your pointing.

Its gone really quiet here, hope everyone is doing alright, hoping for 1.5lb loss this week to get me my 5th silver 7 but if it takes another week thats ok. have been good lately but now half as good as i was at the start of my weight loss journey. Was using WW app on my phone to do all my tracking but my phone got broke :'( (left it on top of the car and drove off:mad:)so since then haven't been tracking must try to get back into that.

Its gone really quiet here, hope everyone is doing alright, hoping for 1.5lb loss this week to get me my 5th silver 7 but if it takes another week thats ok. have been good lately but now half as good as i was at the start of my weight loss journey. Was using WW app on my phone to do all my tracking but my phone got broke :'( (left it on top of the car and drove off:mad:)so since then haven't been tracking must try to get back into that.

Oh no, that's crap about your phone! I just use the little green trackers that my leader gives out in class and find them grand. I keep my old ones in a seperate folder and look back over them every now and then for meal ideas.
    Fingers crossed for your 5th silver 7 this week!

I'm expecting to have my sixth silver seven and my third stone taken off me tomorrow. The bottom has well and truly fallen out of my weight loss journey, wheels have come off the wagon, I have fallen majorly.
    I think I need to get myself hypnotised or something, to convince myself I dont like chocolate...

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

I'm expecting to have my sixth silver seven and my third stone taken off me tomorrow. The bottom has well and truly fallen out of my weight loss journey, wheels have come off the wagon, I have fallen majorly.
    I think I need to get myself hypnotised or something, to convince myself I dont like chocolate...
    no you dont need to get hypnotised, do what i do. sit down with pin and notebook and write down ''why do i want to lose the fat in the first place''..why did you go to that first weigh in all those weeks ago''.it helps to get it out of my head, cos i have loads to get rid of and its like a job to me now. like every thing else i get so bloody fed up with it..look at you ,you have 5 silver 7,s. ive only got 2....ive lost 16lbs so far.million to go:eek:..why dont you get the darker chocolate,they say its the better of the two evils. good luck for silver 7.:)

• Advertisement

Have you tried looking for low pp chocolate options? I have a really bad sweet tooth and chocolate is my downfall too. Here are some of the low pp chocolate things i eat though:

Chocolate Philadelphia (2pp for a 30g tub) on 2 rice cakes (1pp) - total 3pp
    Alpro Soya Chocolate Desserts http://www.alpro.com/upload/products/dessert_darkchoco-05_375x455.png (3pp for a very generous tub) with chopped up strawberries in - total 3pp
    WW Rich Toffee Bars - 2pp
    If I'm stuck for pps an Oreo with a cup of tea really hits the spot - 1pp

Advertisement