Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dandyp

ccseli wrote: »
    Tesco do a reduced fat peanut butter, i also love it and for 1 Tbl its 2 pp which for me is worth it because i love it.

Hi! Have you tried peanut butter as a dip for celery?!? I know it sounds odd-especially as I hate celery but it is fab-try it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down another 2lbs today - woo!

Only 2lbs off my 11th silver 7 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I wrote a post earlier, and just realised it never saved. Braved the scales last week. Was too ashamed to post, coz I was up a whopping seven and a half pounds. It was a bit later in the day than usual, but that would only account for a pound or so. Id had a wedding, and a couple of other things on - had my first hangover in 17 months!!), and gone back to work from mat leave, but that's NO excuse for such a gain.
    Went back today and was down 4lbs. Feel I've started to redeem myself! I looked at my card today, and realised that im now the same weight as I was at the end of may. Talk about a waste of three months! I'm a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

cosmic wrote: »

thats amazing well done, you are such an inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

so, hello , I'm new here - I'm not even after joining WW but after weighing myself today at home (15.8stone) I got a shock and made my decision to get into the city tomorrow and join.

I'm really worried that I may fall off the wagon though, I'm not telling anyone I'm joining WW incase it turns out to be a massive flop - and I couldn't really handle the embarrassment that would be, or the waste of money - and as a student I don't have alot of it!

Does anyone have any experience of the WW in Limerick city??? and tips too for both cost effect methods and for newbies?

I'm really nervous, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

ck83 wrote: »
    . Feel I've started to redeem myself! I looked at my card today, and realised that im now the same weight as I was at the end of may. Talk about a waste of three months! I'm a joke!

Maybe look how far u've come over all and they say the summer is the hardest season to lose weight and u didn't gain any weight over the summer, hard to do sometimes but you have to try think of the positives, how much have you lost overall ?

cosmic wrote: »

WOW that's amazing well done you, you are an inspiration :)

. Feel I've started to redeem myself! I looked at my card today, and realised that im now the same weight as I was at the end of may. Talk about a waste of three months! I'm a joke!

Maybe look how far u've come over all and they say the summer is the hardest season to lose weight and u didn't gain any weight over the summer, hard to do sometimes but you have to try think of the positives, how much have you lost overall ?
    I've lost just over three stone, since january. It's good going, and im delighted with it, but am still a bit cross with myself for not trying harder. At least, as you say, ive gained nothing over the summer, it could be worse!!

so, hello , I'm new here - I'm not even after joining WW but after weighing myself today at home (15.8stone) I got a shock and made my decision to get into the city tomorrow and join.

I'm really worried that I may fall off the wagon though, I'm not telling anyone I'm joining WW incase it turns out to be a massive flop - and I couldn't really handle the embarrassment that would be, or the waste of money - and as a student I don't have alot of it!

Does anyone have any experience of the WW in Limerick city??? and tips too for both cost effect methods and for newbies?

I'm really nervous, sorry.
    There's no need to be nervous. You've made the biggest, and hardest step by acknowledging that you need to do something, and deciding to join ww. I'm my experience though, you might find that you'll be more successful if you tell done close family and friends what you're up to! It's much easier to succeed with support. If noone knows you're in ww, they'll be unintentionally sabotaging you, by forcing lovely food on you!! It's much easier to fall off the wagon when noone knows you're on it in the first place. Believe me, I've started this journey countless times. This is the most success I've had, because I've got great support

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

[Quote=ck83;80507814
    Went back today and was down 4lbs. Feel I've started to redeem myself! I looked at my card today, and realised that im now the same weight as I was at the end of may. Talk about a waste of three months! I'm a joke![/Quote]

Exact same thing happened to me after 2 holidays this summer, in total i put on 6 and a half pounds. And i when i looked at it in the same way as u (being back to the same weight i was in march) i got quite peeved and upset., but like you., i decided to get straight back into it and lost 3lb the following week. You're back on track that's the main thing., and i bet you're still lookin fantastic. Try focus all your energy on the positive instead of the negative, good luck!

• Advertisement

Went back today and was down 4lbs. Feel I've started to redeem myself! I looked at my card today, and realised that im now the same weight as I was at the end of may. Talk about a waste of three months! I'm a joke!

Exact same thing happened to me after 2 holidays this summer, in total i put on 6 and a half pounds. And i when i looked at it in the same way as u (being back to the same weight i was in march) i got quite peeved and upset., but like you., i decided to get straight back into it and lost 3lb the following week. You're back on track that's the main thing., and i bet you're still lookin fantastic. Try focus all your energy on the positive instead of the negative, good luck!

I've lost just over three stone, since january. It's good going, and im delighted with it, but am still a bit cross with myself for not trying harder. At least, as you say, ive gained nothing over the summer, it could be worse!!

3 stone in 8 months WOW that is definitely something to be happy about, forget the summer and think of the future now, your back on track and thats the main thing. Best of Luck :D

Had WI at lunch time, up 1.5lbs, dont really mind although I didn't have too bad of a week, i came back from 2 weeks hols, where i ate all round me a few weeks back with a .5lb loss so i suppose its just catching up with me. Going to try to be very good this week so i can loose that 1.5lbs next week. Onwards and downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

There's no need to be nervous. You've made the biggest, and hardest step by acknowledging that you need to do something, and deciding to join ww. I'm my experience though, you might find that you'll be more successful if you tell done close family and friends what you're up to! It's much easier to succeed with support. If noone knows you're in ww, they'll be unintentionally sabotaging you, by forcing lovely food on you!! It's much easier to fall off the wagon when noone knows you're on it in the first place. Believe me, I've started this journey countless times. This is the most success I've had, because I've got great support

Thanks - bit the bullet and went, really nice leader there and I have my pro points pack, Im more familiar with the regular points system so I must do some homework!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hey guys, been looking at this thread for over a year now on and off. It's been a great help. Don't post often enough though... sorry.
    I'm totally stuck at the moment. Have been in WW over a year now and had lost 2 and a half stone by april of this year. Then went on a 2 week holiday in July and put on 9 lbs (totally lost the run of myself!!!) I have only lost 2 of those pounds since then.
    My major problem seems to be my behaviour with those 49 bonus points. I go to a class every wednesday and generally by thurs evening they're all gone!... now this would be fine if i didn't have plans every weekend! It means that i'm going well over my points because i can't seem to stop myself from compulsively eating every point i have as soon as i get them!

Anyone else suffered with this problem? or any advice?
    Thanks guys
    Ps: i tried to look for a friday class but none suit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

dandyp wrote: »
    Tesco do a reduced fat peanut butter, i also love it and for 1 Tbl its 2 pp which for me is worth it because i love it.

Hi! Have you tried peanut butter as a dip for celery?!? I know it sounds odd-especially as I hate celery but it is fab-try it!!!

I'm the same with celery, is it really that nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dandyp

I'm the same with celery, is it really that nice?

Yeh a friend of mine told me about it & it took some time for me to try it...thought she was having me on! i was quite surprised! Now, i wouldn't eat heaps of it but its a nice refreshing snack & u get 1 of your 5 a day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

So i finally bit the bullet and went back last week - after been awol for 6 weeks :eek: i was up 3 and a half pound - bad i know but not as bad as i though , i really though it was going to be a lot worse! so was reasonably good for my first week and done lots of walking ect and went for my weight in last night and was down 2 and a half pound :D so was delighted with that, am almost back to where i was before i stoped going. im 12 stone and a half pound now so fingers crossed next week ill be back in the 11's again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

messrs wrote: »
    So i finally bit the bullet and went back last week - after been awol for 6 weeks :eek: i was up 3 and a half pound - bad i know but not as bad as i though , i really though it was going to be a lot worse! so was reasonably good for my first week and done lots of walking ect and went for my weight in last night and was down 2 and a half pound :D so was delighted with that, am almost back to where i was before i stoped going. im 12 stone and a half pound now so fingers crossed next week ill be back in the 11's again!

After 6 weeks 3 and a half pounds is brilliant. Id prob have a stone on. Sure I wouldnt be surprised if I had that on after my holiday next week. (really hoping I dont) But fair play for going back - best of luck with getting back in to the 11's next week.

Keeping to my plan of being good before my holidays. Just dusted off my stepper and clocked up an hour on it. Havent touched my weeklies and feeling really good. Only one more working day and its nearly holiday time!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

hi all, just back from my last holiday off the year and im up 10pounds!!!!!!! yes 10 pounds trying to put together a new menu plan for the coming week just wonderng has anyone got a nice receipe for beef and veg soup im not a good cook at all but any help would be appreciated!!

well done on all the losses!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the American Fluff, its like melted Marshmallows its gorgeous and 2 Tablespoons works out at 1 WW PP. Its really delicious. On my blog i used it for S'mores with choccy spread, biscuit and sprinkles and there gorgeous for 2 WW PP. Here's the link if you'd all like to have a look http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-biscuits-marshmallow-and.html. I hope you like them:-)

Has anyone tried the American Fluff, its like melted Marshmallows its gorgeous and 2 Tablespoons works out at 1 WW PP. Its really delicious. On my blog i used it for S'mores with choccy spread, biscuit and sprinkles and there gorgeous for 2 WW PP. Here's the link if you'd all like to have a look http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-biscuits-marshmallow-and.html. I hope you like them:-)

Spotted this on your blog earlier, looks great! Keep up the good work!

Have a nice (0pp) tomato soup recipe from one of Jamie Olivers cookbooks should anyone like me to post!

Oh Lord they look yummy and such good value, ill have to be trying these over the weekend thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Happy weekend everyone!

I STS this week which is good as I was very bold the last 2 weeks so I thought it might have caught up with me.

Been running a lot this week so I'm hoping that will help to stem any damage from my upcoming weekend in Derry! At least there is a leisure centre in the hotel so I can do some swimming!

Onwards and downwards!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Have a nice (0pp) tomato soup recipe from one of Jamie Olivers cookbooks should anyone like me to post!

Id like to see it, feeling very cold this week, could do with something warm for lunch, Thanks

Oh Lord they look yummy and such good value, ill have to be trying these over the weekend thanks for that

Your Welcome:-)

Hello Everyone. Ive a new post up on a Weightwatchers Friendly Sunday "Fry" up. I hope you all have a great weekend. :-)http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-sunday-fry-up.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hey Guys - I read your posts alot but don't contribute very often. But the shock of what I learned last night at WW meeting is motivating me - perhaps you know this already! Those of you who go to meetings will be familiar with the WW Rich Toffee bars for 2pp. Our leader casually mentioned, as if we all should know this, 2bars = 5pp. I was horrified and I'm in meetings for over two years and have never heard this. I doubted so much and am just after googling to discover the nutritional data and calculate myself and yes 2bars = 5pp. Most evenings I save 4pp for my "treat" of 2 WW bars with a cuppa but this could have me as much as 7pp a week over what I thought I was doing. GUTTED!

• Advertisement

Id like to see it, feeling very cold this week, could do with something warm for lunch, Thanks

Here goes!!

Tomato Soup
    Serves 6-8
    0 pp per serving
    2 pp per recipe

Ingredients:
    2 carrots
    2 sticks of celery
    2 medium onions
    2 cloves of garlic
    Olive oil (I subsituted this with low cal cooking spray)
    2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
    2 x 400g tins of plum tomatoes
    6 large ripe tomatoes
    A small bunch of fresh basil
    Sea salt & freshly ground pepper

Peel and roughly slice the carrots. Slice the celery. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Peel and slice the garlic.Put a large pan on a medium heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle. Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add to the pan with your tinned and fresh whole tomatoes, including the green stocks that may still be attached to some of them (meant to add greatly to the flavour!). Give it a good stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Meanwhile pick your basil leaves.

Remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt, pepper and the basil leaves. Using a hand blender or liquidiser, blend the smooth until smooth.

I only tried this for the first time the other day, as I'm sick of the sight of butternut squash. Its really tasty and easy to make!

Advertisement