Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Put on 2lbs. Was expected so not angry or upset. Am moving on and will get that 2 down next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I had a pinnacle moment earlier, I was very close to not going to my class. I completely epitomised gluttony over the last few days. I don’t know what goes on in my head! I was considering not going to my WI, normally I just pop in at lunch time to WI and go but I got delayed in work so my lunch was delayed so I decided to go to the class and stay for it. I enjoyed it but at the same time I just feel like I am on a different page to everyone else. I was only up a pound, which I was surprised with but I STS last week so I really need to up my game.

My problem is that I have not got much money to spend on weight loss this month.

I am debating whether to spend the €60 for a month’s gym membership. I paid it last month and didn’t use it once. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred (sparingly!) and a lot of walking and running. I do like the spin classes but I am worried I won’t get my money’s worth.

I find it hard to buy nice healthy food and keep it fresh when cooking for one. I am lucky to live near the office so I can be at home for breakfast, lunch and dinner but if I am to do it on the cheap this month I will be eating the same thing all the time. Eg. Take a chicken breast and salmon out of the freezer each day, salmon and salad for lunch and chicken stir fry for dinner.

I am also considering investing in a WW scales instead of going to meetings. Does anybody do this? €40 for one month’s meetings could get me a decent scales and would last me a lot longer!

I love this forum and find it more helpful than the meetings for ideas and motivation etc.

Would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions from you guys. Feeling like I am hitting that wall…

I do WW at home now, but that's after a year and a half of going to meetings.
    I know how it works now so I feel happy enough doing it at home but I think when I get closer to goal I will go back to classes to get my gold card.

I do find that having to go to meetings does spur you on to make more of an effort though. I would never have lost all the weight by myself.

I guess it just depends on how motivated and disciplined you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I am also considering investing in a WW scales instead of going to meetings. Does anybody do this? €40 for one month’s meetings could get me a decent scales and would last me a lot longer!

I got a scales on ebay from a company in Dublin for €30. They sell all kinds of electronics so its not a private seller. It makes more sense financially but I do agree with dammitj that you need to know what you are doing. I've only have one WI since I got them and I was down a pound so we will see Friday how it is going.

What I did is tell my OH to act as my leader because for me it was always the motivation of the leader which spurred me on even if I put on weight. That and the shame of someone knowing you put on weight :o I warned my OH that if I am up he has to be constructive and ask me what I did wrong and talk me through it as a leader would as opposed to giving out to me or making me feel bad. And of course if I am down to be extremely congratulatory!

In relation to the gym, €60 is very expensive. Could you shop around and see if you can get any deals especially as its the beginning of the month.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

I personally didn't have a great weekend due to alcohol and going out for dinner twice. I've been good since though and did football monday, swimming yesterday and football again tonight so fingers crossed. I am coming down with a cold so I hope I won't feel so miserable that I comfort eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Thanks dammitj and CavanGal for your help.

I did WW a few years back coming up to my 21st and managed to shed about 25 pounds over about 11 months. I got to a stage where I was happy with my weight, I was wearing dresses in size 8-10 yet my goal weight was another stone away. My mam asked me to stop going to WW because she thought I shouldn't lose any more weight and she thought it was a "scam". I got in touch with a personal trainer friend of mine and he got me in great shape. I even had definition on my abs! :eek:

But then I started working in a nightclub and slowly but surely the weight crept on, then I went to Portugal for 3 months, came home and tried to lose the weight I put on but ended up going to portugal a few months later for another 7 months... so you can imagine the weight I put on... :mad:

I tried loads of different diets since I got back and while they were effective short term they didn't suit my lifestyle and I put the weight back on quickly.

Exercise has always been a huge part of my life and I exercise every day except for when I am hungover. I just need control of what I eat.

So I bit the bullet and rejoined WW in May this year. The freaky thing was I was at my exact same starting weight as I had been the first time I joined. Except this time my goal weight was nearly 2 stone higher than the goal weight in the old meetings I used to go to?! Anybody know why this would be?:confused::confused:

I am down 11 pounds, not that much but enough to give me a bit of confidence to wear tight dresses etc. I am only 3.5 pounds off my goal but I definitely want to lose another stone.

Since I posted yesterday, I have ordered a new pair of runners and a weighing scales off amazon, I paid my €60 gym membership (that's on top of a yearly subscription! :eek:) and I bought a swimming hat to fit all my hair in it. I have decided to act like an olympian this month! I have done my 30 Day Shred this morning and I am going to do a 10k walk with my friend this evening and then a swim after.

Exercise is my saviour when I get on that scales so I am going to double up most days so when I do go all wrong at the weekend with food it won't bring me down (or up!)

I will wait until I get the scales to see if I can trust it or not. I will go to my WI next Tuesday and then I might ask my housemate to be my leader once a week! I am quite motivated myself, I am just so scared of losing motivation because when I fall off the wagon I do it in style!!

Thanks for reading all that if you have, I love rambling!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

I am going to my weigh in tonight so here's hoping I lost at least 1 lb or even 2lbs would be very nice :)

Wish me luck everybody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

STS this week which isn't surprising given the weekend I had. I'm going to try and make a big effort this week and get a good loss next week.

To those thinking of doing at home, I do it at home and it is not easy but it is doable. Just take it a day at a time. If you slip up don't let it ruin your whole day as it can become a habit that can be difficult to get out of if you don't go to meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi All - Been AWOL for a while and totally and completley fell of the wagon - trying to talk myself into getting back on it - ive done so well so far so dont want to give all that up. Really want to get back on track, just need to put my thoughts into action.
    had a quick look at the calender today (sorry for bringing this up so early) and there are 20 weigh ins (starting with next week) before christmas, so i was thinking if i could manage loose on average of 1lb per week then i would have lost a stone and a half by christmas, i think this is fairly doable so thats my mini goal for now - im going to discuss it with my leader next week , but thats what im going to try and work towards for now.

Went to the meeting and I lost 2lbs just what I was hoping for, so so ecstatic over the loss, I really couldnt have asked for a better number.

Now its treat time! What to have, or shall I say whats worth to have that I missed out on? Hmmm... thinking thinking! Chocolate is definitely on the cards that I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

s.a.man wrote: »
    Went to the meeting and I lost 2lbs just what I was hoping for, so so ecstatic over the loss, I really couldnt have asked for a better number.

Now its treat time! What to have, or shall I say whats worth to have that I missed out on? Hmmm... thinking thinking! Chocolate is definitely on the cards that I know :D

Well done.

There are some nice choccies that are worth the propoints.

4 finger kitkat = 6PP
    2 finger timeout = 5PP
    Crunchie = 5PP
    Wispa = 6PP
    Curly Wurly = 3PP
    Dime bar = 4PP
    Galaxy caramel = 6PP
    Maltesers = 5PP
    Twirl = 6PP

Happy eating :) nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was down 1.5 lbs today and I'm delighted!

3.5 lbs to go until my 5th stone so I'm going to give it my all for the next few weeks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Hi all...does anyone know if you can carry activity points gained during the week over and use them at the weekend.??
    Thank

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D330

Hi Everyone,
    Just joined Boards after finding this thread!
    I've been bouncing around the same weight for the past 3 months and needed something to push me on. I'm back tracking again this week and reading everyone's posts has motivated me even more.

I started in January at 17 Stone 1 lb. Lost a stone in 7 weeks, another 6 lbs over the following 3 weeks and since then I've been up 2, down 2, up 3, down 4.
    Fell off the wagon totally over the past 3 weeks but only gained a half lb so I'm holding steady at 15 stone 8 lbs. I want to lose another 2 1/2 to 3 stone but I'm proud of the 19lbs I've lost so far. I'm 5'11" so 12 stone 8 is the goal WW has given me!

del88 wrote: »
    Hi all...does anyone know if you can carry activity points gained during the week over and use them at the weekend.??
    Thank

No I tried this before and ended up putting the weight on on my weigh in and I knew it was cause of that, its best to use your activity points on the day that you did your exercise!

Thank

I think once you have worked up said activity points after your weigh in (like if you weigh in on Wednesday, the activity points you earn from Wednesday evening/Thursday onwards), then it would be ok to use them. I would try and only use half at most (if you need them, if not try and not eat them) because sometimes we don't accurately count our activity points.

Thank

I don't really use my activity points as such.

I would exercise pretty much every weekday (and the odd day at the weekend) and I stick rigidly to my pp during the week.
    Then at the weekend I can let lose a little and it's working for me.

I do think that if you are super good all week you can have your treats at the weekend, and that's what it's all about really isn't it? Living a normal life?

If I had a week with little exercise I would certainly cut back food-wise all week and at the weekend.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Regarding the activity points I think it really depends on the person. You need to make sure you're eating enough on exercise days as you'll be burning more calories. I would say if you're eating all your weeklies then that is plenty and if you consume your activity points then you might struggle to lose like s.a.man said. It's really something that you need to try yourself and see how you go. Like Monife said the official line is they can be used any time during the week before your WI.
    I personally don't really use them but if I have had a bad day foodwise I would try to do extra activity to counteract the damage but I don't really point it because it's very hard to calculate your activity points accurately.

Hey everyone,

Well and truly back on track after my week away. Off the booze for the long weekend just to keep me on track. Just booked a holiday in Crete today, going in 4 weeks so wanna be as close to 11st as I can (11st8 now) - being a bit optimistic but working my *ss off to get there.

Also got offered a new job so I am getting away from all the temptation of free food as of next week :D Will cost me a little more in lunches but will give me total control of what I am eating. If I don't bring it with me I can't eat it.

So have had a pretty exciting day so far. Hope everyone is having a good week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

hi guys!

back on the wagon (again....i know!!)

basically im in a little pickle....

I usually allow between 9-12 propoints for dinner, and usually 3-5 of those are for carbs (i.e. potatos, rice etc!)

Lately, it feels like ive been having cous cous aaaalllll the time!! so sick of it. the thing is, it seems to be the best "value" of you know what i mean!

so....does anyone have any alternatives?

Down 1lb :D Delighted because it's my TOM and I usually always gain around this time. I wasn't super with my tracking but I definitely think the gym is helping. I only went twice this week but I think I must have built up muscle because I am losing weight much easier than I was a few months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

lost my first stone yipppppee. wanted it so bad for my birthday yesterday, i got my actual stone and 2nd half stone. im so proud of me self. also ive started back walking, im not counting it as points .

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply regarding the activity points....I gain on average of 20 activity points a day due to commuting by bike to work and want to keep some for the long weekend...normally i eat them and have been consistently losing weight (52lbs to date)...will try keeping them this weekend and see how it goes...
    Thanks

lila44 wrote: »
    hi guys!

back on the wagon (again....i know!!)

basically im in a little pickle....

I usually allow between 9-12 propoints for dinner, and usually 3-5 of those are for carbs (i.e. potatos, rice etc!)

Lately, it feels like ive been having cous cous aaaalllll the time!! so sick of it. the thing is, it seems to be the best "value" of you know what i mean!

so....does anyone have any alternatives?

I think spuds are the best value carbs.....50g per pro point

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was havin a bad day, but met a friend affer work whobis very like me, strugglin to be gud, so we talked each other into getin a smoothie instead of anything dangerous from the selection of places in the food court and i tell ya that small lil bit of goodness made me feel sooo good and it spurred me on to go 4 a run which felt great, had a very ww friendly dinner of lamb stew with couscous ( not really stew season but this was a light watery 1 with mixed peppers, courgette and bns in it!!) and after i had a pack of the ww ginger cookies!! Feelin very motivated headin to bed, think it gave me the pep i needed!

Bought the new ww mag 2day, they hav some scrummy lookin recipies, def going to try out a few!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hey!!

So I was in the very first thread on boards a few years ago....fell off the wagon (couldn't afford to keep going to the classes and my motivation seriously slipped). I really want to get back into the groove to weight loss so am back! :D

I'm still living at home at the moment but when I go back to Uni I know I will eat healthier and be more active at the moment I'm stuck as I live in the middle of no where, don't drive and work crazy long unsociable hours that when I'm off all I want to do is sit down on the couch and rest..... does anyone have any tips for me at the moment, or even something to give me a kick up the backside ??

My weight has always kept me down, and I'm truly tired of all the jibs I get from my family about it so I don't want them to know that I'm trying to loose it.....I hope this post makes sense! :/

Also when I was on WW last time it was the regular points, I don't fully understand the Pro Point method???

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Hi everyone , just wondering has anyone been on holidays recently& if so any tips on how to be good!! I went on holiday in feb& lost weight but this time ive been On holidays the past 10 days, another 6 to go and weighed myself& have put on 3lb from sheer overeating!!! Have been in the gym 6 days so far& intend on going every day till I go home!! Scared I'll put on another 3lbs before going home!!!:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Thanks for the reply regarding the activity points....I gain on average of 20 activity points a day due to commuting by bike to work and want to keep some for the long weekend...normally i eat them and have been consistently losing weight (52lbs to date)...will try keeping them this weekend and see how it goes...
    Thanks

20 points commuting to work! ? Fair play. I also cycle to work and want to check how many points. It takes me 35 mins to do 11km and I'm pretty pooped by the end of it ( but getting better). I worked it out as 8 pp per day. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Hi everyone , just wondering has anyone been on holidays recently& if so any tips on how to be good!! I went on holiday in feb& lost weight but this time ive been On holidays the past 10 days, another 6 to go and weighed myself& have put on 3lb from sheer overeating!!! Have been in the gym 6 days so far& intend on going every day till I go home!! Scared I'll put on another 3lbs before going home!!!:-(

I've been lucky enough with holidays as I tend to eat less if I'm somewhere warm and also do lots of walking!
    But to be honest I wouldn't really track when I'm on hols.
    I think we only get hols once in a while so you really need to relax and enjoy yourself - you have the rest of the year to be good.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

dammitj wrote: »

I've been lucky enough with holidays as I tend to eat less if I'm somewhere warm and also do lots of walking!
    But to be honest I wouldn't really track when I'm on hols.
    I think we only get hols once in a while so you really need to relax and enjoy yourself - you have the rest of the year to be good.

:)
    Thanks for your reply, as I said I usually do well on hols but this holiday I seem to be eating more than usual, I have my gold card so it's not like I need to weigh in as soon as I get back, weighed myself today& I was only a lb heavier so hoping ydays was wrong or maybe because I had eaten shortly before weighing myself! I know once u get home I'll be back to the porridge & strangely looking forward to it:-)

Made the peanut butter cruncher cookies from this month WW magazine and they were yummy!! Wanna try the choc hazelnut ones next. x2_dc84afc

Also made the wine glazed duck with figs from the complete kitchen for dinner and it was so delicious. Def a good one for a romantic night in and really quite easy to make. One thing though I found it really difficult to find a duck breast as small as the recipe wanted to I ended up with one 2pp bigger. I had the points to use but keep it in mind if you are making it. but heres a pic. Gonna post both recipes tomorrow on my blog x2_dc84a48

• Advertisement

Nom nom nom tiny you are making me hungry!! :)

Advertisement