Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

cosmic wrote: »
    ccseli wrote: »
    Hey all,

Ive posted a recipe for Nigella Lawsons Marmite Pasta. I have to say that its really gorgeous with lots of Parmesan Cheese, already propointed. So far people have said its gorgeous and its really quick. It literally takes 20 minutes. Here's the link to it http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-vegetarian-pasta.html I hope this helps you all out.

Good luck with staying on track over the weekend:-)

Looks delicious! Parmesan isn't vegetarian though, just to let you know!

I actually thought it was vegan when u don't eat cheese or dairy Aswell as meat. Shows my ignorance. Is their a vegetarian option for Parmesan. Thanks for the info :-)

hey thanks for the reply :) Yeh it used to be in my supermarket where the other oil is but seems to be gone and i've tried few other supermarkets too! Its a pain cos I used to use it for all my WW Recipes :( I've had a look on their facebook page and other people seem to be having the same problem too so hopefully they will sort it out :)

I actually keep the one bottle and refill it with oil of choice and label it. If you have a bottle that's nearly empty I would just refill it. Otherwise I think health food shops do a range aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I actually thought it was vegan when u don't eat cheese or dairy Aswell as meat. Shows my ignorance. Is their a vegetarian option for Parmesan. Thanks for the info :-)

Yep, some health food shops sell veggie/vegan parmesan. I have never bought it though so I'm not sure how many pps it is. Next time I'm see it and I have my calculator I'll definitely pp it! I usually just grate up a bit of cheddar and stick that onto stuff instead if the recipe calls for parmesan - it never tastes quite right though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

If you are vegan you dont eat any by-products of animals, although when you are a vegetarian you can eat animals by-products but not their flesh, so I would say that recipe is on point when it comes to a vegetarian meal, but wont be suitable for vegans! :) It looks delicious, but I personally would use wholewheat pasta instead! :D

s.a.man wrote: »
    I would say that recipe is on point when it comes to a vegetarian meal, but wont be suitable for vegans!

Parmesan is NOT vegetarian though, It contains rennet. Any cheeses that contain rennet are not vegetarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all

Week 7 on WW and I have lost 6lbs which is disappointing. The energy and enthusiasm I initially had for WW has faded and so has the weight loss. My D-Day for target weight is the 12/12/12 and I'm 4lbs behind target already. Not looking for sympathy, as it's my own fault but thought I'd have a little rant - thanks for listening!

By the way, would it be useful to have a thread of Point Values. No discussions, just a simple post with a food and it's point value. A good place for beginners to start....?

Something like:

CurlyWurly: 3pp
    Skips: 2pp
    Fruit Pastille Ice Lolly: 2pp
    Twister Ice Pop: 2pp

Good luck ladies and gents. Here's hoping I get my motivation back.

We had that before but the moderators merged the 2 together because they didn't want to separate threads and because the ProPoints thread got clogged up with chat, so it doesn't really work.

If you ever have any PP queries, you can ask one of us, or use the search function at the top of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all! I'm hoping this is a problem that will be solved soon but is anyone also having difficulties sourcing Frylight?!

I'm in the Meath area and all the big supermarkets are telling me they can't get it in, it's out of stock!

I'm beginning to panic! I don't know what I'd actually do without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Hi All

Am new to boards. Have been on WW for just over a year now. Got to goal back in Feb but then fell off the wagon, I blame easter, so trying to get back on track now, got 9lb to lose to get back to goal and finding it hard to get back to it. Am hoping it won't take me as long as the last 9lb did the last time :)

I never went for the big ice creams last time, I stuck to the tangle twisters etc as I liked them a lot too. However, blasted Magnum 3pack was only €2 and I couldn't pass it by :) so, I have an app on my phone that I use to pp as not got a clue where my wheel is and it said the white was 6pp and the classic was 7pp. Most places I've found online say white is 7pp. Every point is precious so I want to make sure I have it right? Are these like Cornettos where the multipack are smaller than what you'd buy individually normally?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Taz1 wrote: »
    Craving chocolate MAJORLY today.. =/

Don't know if someone mentioned this already but the Highlights Hot Chocolate is great for when you have that Choc craving and its only 1pp. Also, you can chocolate flavoured tea, haven't tried that though :) smells good though

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Aldi do a low fat hot choc and it's quite nice too!

With water it's a little flat but if you add a little skimmed milk it makes it a bit creamier and it's great for a late night treat!

I'm pointing it at 2pp with the dribble of milk that I use as part of my 3pp of milk for the day.

;)

• Advertisement

Can someone halp me with propointing honey? I know that 15g is 1pp. I have just used 4g - would that be 1pp or 0pp. Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Can someone halp me with propointing honey? I know that 15g is 1pp. I have just used 4g - would that be 1pp or 0pp. Does anyone know?
    I suppose 4g is a quarter of a point, so that would round down to 0...

ck83 wrote: »

Thank you ck83!

I just made a gooey chocolatey baked banana. It was so good! I sliced a banana in half lenghtways, covered it in cinnamon and drizzled on a little bit of honey (4g!). Then I loosely wrapped it in a tin foil parcel and popped it into the oven for 20 minutes. Then when I plated it up I spread 15g of chocolate Philadelphia over it. It was really really tasty and only 1pp!

ck83 wrote: »

Thank you ck83!

I just made a gooey chocolatey baked banana. It was so good! I sliced a banana in half lenghtways, covered it in cinnamon and drizzled on a little bit of honey (4g!). Then I loosely wrapped it in a tin foil parcel and popped it into the oven for 20 minutes. Then when I plated it up I spread 15g of chocolate Philadelphia over it. It was really really tasty and only 1pp!

This sounds really good. Especially with bad weather baked bananas sound perfect right now. Yumm. I might try this during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi everyone! Have been away from this a bit - my new job means no internet access during work except at lunch! I check in on my phone though to keep updated on all of you and going to make a bit more of an effort.

After my halfpound up last week I am fighting for that pound down tomorrow to get me my third stone. I have been so good all week - have only had one beer and still have 25 of my weeklies left which is almost unheard of for me. Was meant to do a bit more exercise this week but I have been so busy that I havent had a chance.

Tomorrow is my last WI before hols so I want the stone and hopefully a little more as a buffer for my holidays. Also not going til sunday so going to do my best not to use any weeklies til my hols kick in. Gonna enjoy my holidays but food wise for brekkie and lunch the plan is to be good, lots of fruit and salad. Hopefully gonna rent bicycles one or 2 of the days and do a bit of walking and swimming too (all as part of the holiday fun not something I have to do). Then let go a bit for the dinners but stay away from dessert most nights and have a few cocktails and wine. Then from the moment we land back in dublin on the sunday night I'm back on my 26pp a day!!

Anyone got any other tips on how not to put on a stone in a week while on hols :o

Hi everyone! Have been away from this a bit - my new job means no internet access during work except at lunch! I check in on my phone though to keep updated on all of you and going to make a bit more of an effort.

After my halfpound up last week I am fighting for that pound down tomorrow to get me my third stone. I have been so good all week - have only had one beer and still have 25 of my weeklies left which is almost unheard of for me. Was meant to do a bit more exercise this week but I have been so busy that I havent had a chance.

Tomorrow is my last WI before hols so I want the stone and hopefully a little more as a buffer for my holidays. Also not going til sunday so going to do my best not to use any weeklies til my hols kick in. Gonna enjoy my holidays but food wise for brekkie and lunch the plan is to be good, lots of fruit and salad. Hopefully gonna rent bicycles one or 2 of the days and do a bit of walking and swimming too (all as part of the holiday fun not something I have to do). Then let go a bit for the dinners but stay away from dessert most nights and have a few cocktails and wine. Then from the moment we land back in dublin on the sunday night I'm back on my 26pp a day!!

Anyone got any other tips on how not to put on a stone in a week while on hols :o

Where are you going on holiday ? If somewhere sunny I usually make sure a swim a lot and walk everywhere as much as possible. Waterparks are great workouts but like you I always enjoy my dinners. On hols I usually try damage control such as above and usually I'm not too bad

Where are you going on holiday ? If somewhere sunny I usually make sure a swim a lot and walk everywhere as much as possible. Waterparks are great workouts but like you I always enjoy my dinners. On hols I usually try damage control such as above and usually I'm not too bad

Off to Crete, and swimming and walking are def on the cards as well as a bit of cycling too hopefully. Not mad on waterparks though so might give that a miss.

Though planning on living in my bikini all week (very excited to be confident enough to wear one) so will def be motivation to keep the belly at bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Down another 1 tonight, much to my surprise! Was good all week but had a fairly bad wknd, was convinced id be up.. Exercising 6 out of the 7 days must have saved me! Its funny, this is my fourth time to be at this precise weight since i joined last December. Almost there...

On another note, im getting so sick of butternut squash soup, does anyone have any nice tomato soup recipes., or any different recipes that wouldn't be higher than 2pp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Schools are back this week and summer is nearly over and WW wise THANK GOD! I don't know what it is but I never do well during the summer months on WW. After putting back on a stone I have been faffing around the last few weeks. Thankfully I didn't put on anymore weight but its time to get rid of the rest of the weight this Autumn. I start a new job in a few weeks time and I have to buy clothes for it and its a pain buying tailored clothes. It really has been the kick that I needed.

This thread has gone very quiet the last few weeks so hopefully as the summer ends people will come back and new people will join :) It's a great tool for those who can't afford classes.

Today is the first day that has really felt like autumn. It's my favourite season so it's really cheered me up!

I wasn't too good foodwise at the weekend as I had visitors all weekend and it was a little hectic, but I'm back at the gym and ran 6K last night - first time ever. Aiming to run 7 on Thursday!

The baked banana sounds yum and I'm definitely going to try that!

I've been having a slice of spelt bread with some peanut butter for my evening treat the last couple of weeks - I remember an old leader saying that peanut butter can actually help with weight loss. Has anyone heard this??

Anyway I love it so a scrape of it a night can't do much harm. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well hello there everyone! Havent been on in months - bridesmaid duties done and dusted and holiday over! I was delighted to get to 10st 10 for the wedding and it all went off great! Back from hols now a
    and im up a few pounds so back on track now!been trying to catch up on the pages i have missed-it will prob take me d full day!
    Ive also just moved to clontarf,anyone recommend a class in d area?

I did it! Got my 3rd stone :D total of 3 pounds down this week which gives me 2 extra on top which is great going into my holiday. Gonna do my best to stay on track this week though and only start holiday time diet wise when I am actually on the plane on sunday!!

Good luck to everyone this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

I did it! Got my 3rd stone :D total of 3 pounds down this week which gives me 2 extra on top which is great going into my holiday. Gonna do my best to stay on track this week though and only start holiday time diet wise when I am actually on the plane on sunday!!

good one tiny-penguin. down meself 1an half, 17lbs in total. its coming of easier this time .enjoy your holiday.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I'm so glad it's not just me that went awol from here the last few weeks (possibly months?) What with reaching goal, holidays, starting a new job WW became less of a priority. I haven't tracked for the last ages but it's always in the back of my mind and I'm sticking to point approved meals (I've been doing it that long!)

However in saying that when you don't track your not under as much pressure so the odd mouthful f this or that and the odd biccie with the cuppa slips in. I started holidays well but by the 4th day in I started to get in the holiday mode. I don't think I've done much damage but I defo feel sluggish when not being as good. The new job means I'm travelling 2 hours a day and then 9 hours all spent on my behind. Trying to figure out a new schedule and work in a couple of walks here and there. It doesn't suit me not moving!

Anyways hope everyone is doing well and what with the autumn coming in perhaps more routine and get the motivation back in gear :)

Hey folks,

Ive been bad very bad. Went to a wedding and was only short of eating and drinking the bride and groom and both are nearly 6ft so that should tell you the lenght off of my beaten track i went. Anyway yesterday Cosmic was talking about bananas and i just couldn't help myself and i really craved banana split with ice cream and chocolate so i went and did. I added it to a new post on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-style-banana-split.html and its only 4 WW pp however, today is a new day and that's it. I felt great in my new dress, well actually bought it in Feb but had no occasion to wear it untill this weekend and i want to feel like that again so no more guessing when it comes to food. Weekend is gone.

What is it with hangovers and longing for a fry or bread and lots of it smothered in butter and jam.

Anyways i hope you are all doing better than ive been and good luck to everyone with WI this week

Tesco do a reduced fat peanut butter, i also love it and for 1 Tbl its 2 pp which for me is worth it because i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Well done that's brill, enjoy the hols, and if u do fall off track don't worry u can just start back as soon as u get back Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Hope everyone is having a great week, i'm down another 3 lbs this week and so excited, never lost 3 in a row before thinking this is a good omen for things to come. Off to hospital this morning for a minor procedure so fasting since last night, right now my tummy is talking to me cause i cant have my porridge, oh well think i might have to treat myself round lunch time (pro-pointed of course). Have a lovely holiday tiny-penguin :)

I'm hitting the gym every day this week since we're off to Derry on Saturday and I know I'll be bold!

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm going to try to run 7K at the gym, then treat myself to a seaweed bath and some singapore chow mein - I think I deserve it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dandyp

Hi all! I'm new to this thread. I have done ww before and it was great for me but have let myself go in recent times! I have had enough of listening to myself giving out about my weight, so enough is enough! Im starting myself tomorrow & am really looking forward to it!
    Reading this thread has really motivated me..so here goes!

Looking forward to sharing & taking any tips & tricks here!

Advertisement