Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Didnt have my weigh in today as I was down home in Limerick and I didnt have my scales with me, so gonna do it in the morning hopefully its good.

Last week I was 15st 9.6lbs ( total loss of 2st 3lbs )

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jcommins

Hi everyone,
    I joined WW last week for the first time. I've struggled with weight all my life and have never fully succeeded in getting myself under control. Fingers crossed this works and I can stick with it. I'm 5'4" and had a starting weight of 17st7lbs last tuesday. I've stuck to tracking religiously all week, I hope the WI tomorrow evening goes well. It's really nice to know that there are lots of people all going through this with me.
    :)

jcommins wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I joined WW last week for the first time. I've struggled with weight all my life and have never fully succeeded in getting myself under control. Fingers crossed this works and I can stick with it. I'm 5'4" and had a starting weight of 17st7lbs last tuesday. I've stuck to tracking religiously all week, I hope the WI tomorrow evening goes well. It's really nice to know that there are lots of people all going through this with me.
    Can I just say I love WW , I started it 9 weeks ago best thing I have ever done to lose weight best of luck and if you stick with it the rewards are awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

About using the activity points, my WW leader advises that we don't use them, especially if we are using the 49 extra weekly points. You will get a better result if you don't. And to aoifebeefah, the number of points you earn goes down as your weight goes down. So if you were, say 14 st and did 30 mins high intensity exercise you would earn 7 propoints. If you were 10 st, you would only earn 5 propoints. Its all in the purple pocket guide.

Hi everyone,
    Welcome! I'm fairly new here too but not new to WW. I think I've been going for about 13 years on and off. I have reached my goal weight a few times but am over it by about 10 lbs now. WI tomorrow for me too. Good luck with it! Let us know how you get on. ;)

• Advertisement

Yet another awesome week , I am whooping this sh!t.

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5
    Begin date: 28/05/2012

Last weight on 23/7/2012 : 16st 1.0lbs

Todays weight : 15st 5.8lbs

Total weight loss : 2st 7.4lbs or 35.4lbs

I really love Weight Watchers, I am pushing for the 14 stone mark, and for that I need to lose 1.5 stone more, I am now using my original weight loss video as inspiration.

I Originally weighed around 26st and reached 14st 8lbs in 2009 between February and October. Check it out if you are bored:

The sound track is awful :

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hi everyone,

Welcome! WW is just great! I joined for the first time ever 23 weeks ago and, to date, I have lost 66.5lbs already. I am only 3.5lbs off my 5th stone and 24lbs from my personal goal of BMI 24. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Everyone on here is so helpful so don't be shy about asking anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

cosmic wrote: »
    Welcome! WW is just great! I joined for the first time ever 23 weeks ago and, to date, I have lost 66.5lbs already. I am only 3.5lbs off my 5th stone and 24lbs from my personal goal of BMI 24. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Everyone on here is so helpful so don't be shy about asking anything!

Cosmic, you are doing fantastic!! Once you get your fifth stone you will be so close to getting your 75lb cert!! Thats amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lost 3.5 this week!! Am delighted. I'd gained 2 last week so more than made up for that. Only 1lb off my 3rd stone so going for that next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Lost 3.5 this week!! Am delighted. I'd gained 2 last week so more than made up for that. Only 1lb off my 3rd stone so going for that next week!!!

Congrats Tiny, thats great - almost there now :)

• Advertisement

I was up 2.5 lbs today after a week away in rainy West Cork. All the Murphy's, wine and chocolate had to go somewhere. It would have been worse if I hadn't reined myself in when I got back on Saturday. Can I undo the damage by next week? Hope so.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I think I have really fallen off the wagon and I'm feeling pretty bad about it. :(

I'm really good all week (most of the time) - I stick to my PP, go to the gym & get out for walks but when it comes to the weekend I'm pretty bold.
    I used to be a little bit bold but I could get away with it due to all the exercise, but I think what's happened lately is I'm trying to push it to see how far I can get away with it, and the odd lb has been creeping back on....

I reckon I've gained almost half a stone in the last few months and I need to rein it back in.

Anyone want to give me a kick in the pants?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

dammitj wrote: »
    I think I have really fallen off the wagon and I'm feeling pretty bad about it. :(

I'm really good all week (most of the time) - I stick to my PP, go to the gym & get out for walks but when it comes to the weekend I'm pretty bold.
    I used to be a little bit bold but I could get away with it due to all the exercise, but I think what's happened lately is I'm trying to push it to see how far I can get away with it, and the odd lb has been creeping back on....

I reckon I've gained almost half a stone in the last few months and I need to rein it back in.

Anyone want to give me a kick in the pants?? ;)

Wow it's like you took the words out of my mouth!

I just keep getting away with being so bold at the weekend because of the amount of exercise I do during the week.

I had went out (all out) for dinner or got a takeaway Thursday Friday Saturday and Monday. Early hours of Sunday morning I got McDonalds. I spent Thursday Saturday and Sunday drinking until all hours for free. There were also loads of chocolate bars, toast and nutella in between...

Weighed in yesterday... DOWN half a pound!?! I had been up a pound the week before even though I thought it would be a lot more.

I know I could get really good results if I actually stuck to my points but I can't seem to control myself when I am consistently getting away with it!

I have 8 WIs until I go to america for 2.5 weeks. I would love to be down a stone but at this rate I will be lucky to be down 2.5 lbs to get me to my first stone! I need a kick in the a*se :confused:

messrs wrote: »
    Cosmic, you are doing fantastic!! Once you get your fifth stone you will be so close to getting your 75lb cert!! Thats amazing!!!

Thanks messrs! It's finally starting to slow down a bit now, my weight loss, that is, which I am fine with. I never expected to lose so much so quickly so I have no problem if I start seeing smaller losses on the scales. We'll see how I get on tonight!

Oh, I knew they gave out 50lb certs but I didn't know they did 75lb ones! I'm 8.5lbs off that so. Definitely something to work towards!

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Wow it's like you took the words out of my mouth!

I just keep getting away with being so bold at the weekend because of the amount of exercise I do during the week.

I had went out (all out) for dinner or got a takeaway Thursday Friday Saturday and Monday. Early hours of Sunday morning I got McDonalds. I spent Thursday Saturday and Sunday drinking until all hours for free. There were also loads of chocolate bars, toast and nutella in between...

Weighed in yesterday... DOWN half a pound!?! I had been up a pound the week before even though I thought it would be a lot more.

I know I could get really good results if I actually stuck to my points but I can't seem to control myself when I am consistently getting away with it!

I have 8 WIs until I go to america for 2.5 weeks. I would love to be down a stone but at this rate I will be lucky to be down 2.5 lbs to get me to my first stone! I need a kick in the a*se :confused:

I pushed myself for months and now I'm totally NOT getting away with it!!
    Completely my own fault!!!!

I'm off to Portugal in October and I was hoping to be 10.5 stone for that (goal) but now I'm about 11 st 3 so it will be a struggle - dammit!!!
    I was so close for so long and just got completely complacent and I have nobody to blame but myself. :(

Now I feel dumpy in my clothes and the weather is meant to be FAB in Sligo for the next few days and I don't want to wear a tshirt.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 2lbs today absolutely delighted :D I'm finally back on track!

For those of you who are struggling, I pushed myself for months before my holiday in May and then when I got back I fell off track completely. I put on just over a stone. Unfortunately the only thing that got me back on track was when my clothes started to feel tight on me and that scared me as I worked very hard to get to a size 12. My advice is take it a day at a time rather than a week as it's easier to manage that way. Plan your meal for the next day the night before. If your downfall is chocolate etc atm then plan for a treat each day but leave it until the evening as then you are less likely to go off track. Just think about how you felt with all the weight off and then before you lost all the weight and it might scare you to be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Hi everyone I need advice! I've been doing ww on and off for a long time, and have auccessfully lost a stone in the last couple of months. Read this thread religiously, but never posted here before. Anyway, after falling off the wagon for a couple of weeks, and being + 1 then down -1 and basically getting nowhere, I went back to basics 2 weeks ago. Pointed religiously, exercised at least once a day apart from Sundays.

My first weigh in I stayed the same, the second I was up a pound! I've been up or stayed the same before, but always saw the result the week after. Cannot figure out why this might be, and my leader basically said oh your up. Here's your card, thanks, bye. Useless!

I've been drinking loads of water, didn't drink too much before weigh ins. The only thing different was that I started a new exercise class and did it 4 times last week, as well as the usual long walk every day. It's made me feel so disheartened I really cant see the point. Tracking this week, going to weigh and measure every single thing, and hopefully overcome this next week. Just wondered if any of ye had an idea or had experienced something similar at some point. Thanks for reading :-)

bearhugs wrote: »
    Hi everyone I need advice! I've been doing ww on and off for a long time, and have auccessfully lost a stone in the last couple of months. Read this thread religiously, but never posted here before. Anyway, after falling off the wagon for a couple of weeks, and being + 1 then down -1 and basically getting nowhere, I went back to basics 2 weeks ago. Pointed religiously, exercised at least once a day apart from Sundays.

My first weigh in I stayed the same, the second I was up a pound! I've been up or stayed the same before, but always saw the result the week after. Cannot figure out why this might be, and my leader basically said oh your up. Here's your card, thanks, bye. Useless!

I've been drinking loads of water, didn't drink too much before weigh ins. The only thing different was that I started a new exercise class and did it 4 times last week, as well as the usual long walk every day. It's made me feel so disheartened I really cant see the point. Tracking this week, going to weigh and measure every single thing, and hopefully overcome this next week. Just wondered if any of ye had an idea or had experienced something similar at some point. Thanks for reading :-)

That actually happened to me when I really started to exercise.
    And even now when I'm being good and exercising a lot I sometimes don't see it on the scales, but it can mean that you're toning up, building muscle, becoming less flabby but not actually losing lbs.

It will come right in the end though, you might need to give your body some time to adjust.

;)

Hello All,

I am off to Spain in 3 weeks for 11 days, I basically dont want to be on WW whilst there so I am trying to get as low as possible before heading in order to give myself a buffer. Has anyone got any good suggestions for maintaining whilst on holidays. I will prob stay off the booze as its prob the best thing I have done in quite a while, I feel great since giving the wine up. However I will be eating out , eating chocolate, crisps and drinking fizzy drinks.

I suppose the best thing to do is keep in moderation and not go over board? and get lots of excercise in?

Anyone got any advice, would be appreciated?

bearhugs wrote: »

What you have to realise about exercise is that our bodies do not work from WI to WI. It can take a few days for the exercise to register. I often find if I exercise the day before my WI my loss will be lower than it should be or I could even gain. Another thing that is important to remember is that the scales are not the be end and end all. I know being on WW it may seem like that but you should measure your inches as well. I did lots of exercise in the first part of the year and only lost a few lbs but I lost 15 inches or so all over and people had thought I had lost over a stone. My clothes fitted much better which can also be a good indicator of your hard work :) Keep at it and you will see losses. Do you go to meetings? If you do it may be worthwhile considering doing it from home if you're not losing regularly as it will save you money.

• Advertisement

Chong wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am off to Spain in 3 weeks for 11 days, I basically dont want to be on WW whilst there so I am trying to get as low as possible before heading in order to give myself a buffer. Has anyone got any good suggestions for maintaining whilst on holidays. I will prob stay off the booze as its prob the best thing I have done in quite a while, I feel great since giving the wine up. However I will be eating out , eating chocolate, crisps and drinking fizzy drinks.

I suppose the best thing to do is keep in moderation and not go over board? and get lots of excercise in?

If you can stick to diet drinks or water it really will go a long way. Walk everywhere as well. I was on holidays in May and I didn't stick to plan at all. I was eating 3 meals of typical Spanish holiday food i.e. the British restaurants and pubs :D I didn't drink much fizzy drinks and I drank lots of water and I was only up 1/2 lb when I got back. My problem came when I got home and seemed to forget I wasn't on holidays any more. My big advice is as soon as you get home hop on the scales and get back into the programme asap!

Chong wrote: »

I find that when I'm on holidays all I do is walk all day (if I'm on a city break) or swim (if there's a pool). That, especially in the heat, is good exercise without even realizing it - it's great!
    Also, it'll be quite warm in Spain so it'll be easy to eat loads and loads of salads. When I'm too warm I find it difficult to eat big hot dinners and a salad is all I ever really fancy.
    If you're careful about your food choices - avoiding junk food and eating loads of fresh veg/salads - then you'll be fine to drink if you want to. If you fancy a few glasses of wine or beer, have them. You're on your holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Thanks for the advice. Yes Im going to meetings at the moment. I have tried the online one but I'm the kind of person who needs the accountability of the weekly weigh-in! I'll keep plugging away, and see how I get on at it next Tuesday. Hopefully I'll see some change. All the times I gave out about only being down a half or one pound, I never will again!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    If you can stick to diet drinks or water it really will go a long way. Walk everywhere as well. I was on holidays in May and I didn't stick to plan at all. I was eating 3 meals of typical Spanish holiday food i.e. the British restaurants and pubs :D I didn't drink much fizzy drinks and I drank lots of water and I was only up 1/2 lb when I got back. My problem came when I got home and seemed to forget I wasn't on holidays any more. My big advice is as soon as you get home hop on the scales and get back into the programme asap!

Yup you are right I will try my best to stick to all things diet, as much as I hate the stuff, there is nothing I love more in the heat than refreshing Fanta Lemon, its so good. I will most likely be eating 3 meals a day brekkie ( which I can control especially if I take my bran flakes with me, there OH loves a fry on hols but I will cut that out this time ) Lunch is generally light anytime away , most likely stick religiously here to a nice salad, evening meal then will be the dodgy area but I will make good choices I think. My downfall well especially last year was the copious amounts of choc I would eat in the evenings watching tv, or scoffing on crisps, which I will try to curtail. Essentially I want to enjoy being away but be good at the same time by making good choices. But defo will take the water advice and drink as much as possible.
    cosmic wrote: »
    I find that when I'm on holidays all I do is walk all day (if I'm on a city break) or swim (if there's a pool). That, especially in the heat, is good exercise without even realizing it - it's great!
    Also, it'll be quite warm in Spain so it'll be easy to eat loads and loads of salads. When I'm too warm I find it difficult to eat big hot dinners and a salad is all I ever really fancy.
    If you're careful about your food choices - avoiding junk food and eating loads of fresh veg/salads - then you'll be fine to drink if you want to. If you fancy a few glasses of wine or beer, have them. You're on your holidays!

There is a pool , its a little small but big enough to do some lengths, if anything I would like to improve my swimming and this might be the perfect opportunity. We are staying in her mums villa so because its that bit out of the main town , I have to use the car, although we could walk as its about 15 mins to the nearest supermarket, my OH isnt a big fan of that idea. I say I want to stay away from the beer and wine but I know I wont in my heart and soul :)

Overly if I can cut my weight another 5 pounds between now and when I go I will have a buffer of 7 pounds I can put on without being disappointed. Then when I get home I can kick back in to gear with WW, I am very determined to reach 14 stone by Xmas so there is no doubt in my mind that the minute I step back on Irish soil it will be back to pointing once more :)

Cheers for the advice guys, anymore is all welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Hi I had lunch at Yamamori today I'm wondering how many points in this:

Tatsuta Age C €12.00
    Ginger and soy marinated breast of chicken, crispy fried served with
    wok fried vegetables, salad, steamed rice and teriyaki sauce.

Anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D330

Well my week of tracking religiously worked! I hand't been so good in months and it paid off! Reading everyone's posts on here really helped as well

I only dipped into my weekly points on sat night and I stayed under on dailies everyday.

23 lbs down and 37 left to go to my goal!

Down 2 lbs tonight!
    I'm delighted :D

Only 1.5 lbs off that 5th stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Anyone any tips for the munchies? I find by 8pm I'm going round the kitchen like pacman, I generally use 3pp for Brekkie 7 for lunch and 10 for dinner,

Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated

Anyone any tips for the munchies?

I usually have 3 Wholegrain Ryvita Crackerbreads with 30g of Tesco Extra Light Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese. Altogether it's 2pp and great with a cup of tea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Could someone help with what may a stupid question, I was making banana loaf from the WW cookbook and the recipe called for 400g of bananas but I was unsure whether this is with skin on or not??
    I usually find this a problem with some WW recipe with stuff like this (bananas, potatoes etc) in a recipe because it doesn't say on the directions if its peeled or unpeeled weight.
    Thanks in advance for your help :)

Advertisement