Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

Jewow wrote: »
    Could someone help with what may a stupid question, I was making banana loaf from the WW cookbook and the recipe called for 400g of bananas but I was unsure whether this is with skin on or not??
    I usually find this a problem with some WW recipe with stuff like this (bananas, potatoes etc) in a recipe because it doesn't say on the directions if its peeled or unpeeled weight.
    Thanks in advance for your help :)

I would say that will be peeled bananas, the 400g includes what will be going in the recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

Have always been watching this thread and don't often post.. But you all are so inspirational and honest of how ye are getting on!! Fair play!! Lost 3lbs today that brings my total to 1stone 7lbs in 7 weeks :) best of luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Just back from another holiday with my family to Spain, ate nothin but crap for the entire week, dreading WI next Monday... Pulling myself further and further away from (what was 2lb away) goal... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

ashleec4 wrote: »
    Have always been watching this thread and don't often post.. But you all are so inspirational and honest of how ye are getting on!! Fair play!! Lost 3lbs today that brings my total to 1stone 7lbs in 7 weeks :) best of luck to all :)

Wow what's your secret?! That's an average of 3lbs a week!!

I have got a new electronic scales at home, and while I said I would only hop on once a week for my 'WI' I have stepped on a few times to check and I am so surprised at the huge differences throughout the day! I was down 4lbs last night compared to Tuesday afternoon, then up this morning (even though I hadn't eaten anything). It's mad how much it fluctuates so I suppose it really is important to WI at the same time every week to get an accurate (-ish) idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb :) Totally undeserved, thought I would be up, but delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »
    Just back from another holiday with my family to Spain, ate nothin but crap for the entire week, dreading WI next Monday... Pulling myself further and further away from (what was 2lb away) goal... :/

Monday is a good few days away and if you get back on track you can totally minimise any damage done. Hard to do esp at the weekend though I know. Best of luck with it though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shauna1991

Hi all I'm a newbie to the pro points system. I was on the old system and did find it OK I lost 1 stone and fell off the band wagon. Needless to say 5 years later, that stone is back on plus some! I tried every diet in between... even magic diet pills which I lost 2 stone in 2 months without changing my diet at all! Although I'm off them a month and am back up 2 stone and 8 pounds!!! I'm disgusted with myself but as my friends keep telling me the diet pills tricked my body into thinking it was exercising constantly by raising my heart rate and it had a hungar supressant ... so bad for me but I was desperate. I decided to come off them originally when I thought I'd rather be heavy and alive than skinny and my heart packing it in. Even tho I put the weight back on I think I've done the right thing. So I've turned to weight watchers...

Would anybody be able to answer a few questions that I can't get my head around?
    My pro points a day is 29 but if i lose weight should I drop to 28 or is 29 the minimum pro points anybody is supposed to be on a day?
    Also should I use all 29 pro points a day, like today I've had 25 and don't need to eat anymore? Am I able to use these pp at the end of the week?

Hope somebody can help me? And hopefully we can all motivate each other to complete our goals! C'MON THE WW's!!! :-)

Shauna1991 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm a newbie to the pro points system. I was on the old system and did find it OK I lost 1 stone and fell off the band wagon. Needless to say 5 years later, that stone is back on plus some! I tried every diet in between... even magic diet pills which I lost 2 stone in 2 months without changing my diet at all! Although I'm off them a month and am back up 2 stone and 8 pounds!!! I'm disgusted with myself but as my friends keep telling me the diet pills tricked my body into thinking it was exercising constantly by raising my heart rate and it had a hungar supressant ... so bad for me but I was desperate. I decided to come off them originally when I thought I'd rather be heavy and alive than skinny and my heart packing it in. Even tho I put the weight back on I think I've done the right thing. So I've turned to weight watchers...

Would anybody be able to answer a few questions that I can't get my head around?
    My pro points a day is 29 but if i lose weight should I drop to 28 or is 29 the minimum pro points anybody is supposed to be on a day?
    Also should I use all 29 pro points a day, like today I've had 25 and don't need to eat anymore? Am I able to use these pp at the end of the week?

Hope somebody can help me? And hopefully we can all motivate each other to complete our goals! C'MON THE WW's!!! :-)

26pp is the lowest so your pp will go down as you lose weight. You're leader should tell you when you go down a pro point but I would always have a quick look on the bottom left corner of the scales myself cos a few times she missed it.

You should aim to use all your propoints per day - you are given that amount based on what your body needs to lose weight and using too many may mean your weight loss can plateau the further along you get with it. I mean you shouldnt use them on rubbish just for the sake of it. But its a good idea to plan your meals with your propoints in mind and try to use them up. ALso any dailies you dont use that day are lost - you can't use them on any other day. You have your 49 weeklies for that. Its a great plan but a bit daunting at first. I find this thread invaluable for support motivation and general questions on the plan. Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shauna1991

26pp is the lowest so your pp will go down as you lose weight. You're leader should tell you when you go down a pro point but I would always have a quick look on the bottom left corner of the scales myself cos a few times she missed it.

You should aim to use all your propoints per day - you are given that amount based on what your body needs to lose weight and using too many may mean your weight loss can plateau the further along you get with it. I mean you shouldnt use them on rubbish just for the sake of it. But its a good idea to plan your meals with your propoints in mind and try to use them up. ALso any dailies you dont use that day are lost - you can't use them on any other day. You have your 49 weeklies for that. Its a great plan but a bit daunting at first. I find this thread invaluable for support motivation and general questions on the plan. Best of luck with it :)

Thanks so much tiny penguin, I have been reading though post for a while now and already it has me motivated! I didn't get much time to talk to my leader as i have a very loud member in my class which tends to be her time to shine or so I've been told by a few other members. Well its day 3 and I'm feeling better already!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

On d way home from my hols, thoroughly enjoyed d break away , went a but mad and didn't track anything!!! D jeans I wore in d plane going are now feeling snug so unsure how much weight I've put on, I was 5lbs under goal so should be ok!!! Dreading the scales but will b back on track ASAP! :-) and to anyone else going on holidays, enjoy yourselves! Everyone needs a break from d usual routine, although I'm looking forward to getting back on track x

• Advertisement

Started my new job today and it was so busy. Won't have any time for much snacking which will be great for weight watchers. Gonna do some shopping and bring in some ham philli pitta breads and salad for my lunches! Can only eat what I bring in with me :-) Delighted with it. (Oh and the job itself seems great too lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Best of luck with the new job tiny!

I've just been on your blog and those Marbled Meringues look amazing! I'm away tomorrow for the weekend but I'm definitely making these when I get back :D If you get the chance to post the recipe for the peanut butter cruncher cookies I'd love to have a go at them too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey Folks,

On my blog i just added the propoints for some of the cereal bars in case any of you are looking for them. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-propoints-in-breakfast.html good luck with the WI :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Just to check, are the Nature Valley bars 5pp for the 2 bars?

Thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks so much tiny penguin, I have been reading though post for a while now and already it has me motivated! I didn't get much time to talk to my leader as i have a very loud member in my class which tends to be her time to shine or so I've been told by a few other members. Well its day 3 and I'm feeling better already!
    Hi Shauna,

Tiny puts it well. It is important to use up your daily points or your body can hang onto any calories it gets, feeling it needs them! So use them up on nutritious food and you will loose better.

When you weigh in, that few minutes at the scales are yours. So ask any questions you need to. The leader is all yours for that few minutes and the loud member can't butt in then!

Best of luck and keep posting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

happyday wrote: »
    Hi Shauna,

Tiny puts it well. It is important to use up your daily points or your body can hang onto any calories it gets, feeling it needs them! So use them up on nutritious food and you will loose better.

When you weigh in, that few minutes at the scales are yours. So ask any questions you need to. The leader is all yours for that few minutes and the loud member can't butt in then!

Best of luck and keep posting ;)

Another reason that it is so important to use all of your points is that if you are only consuming 27/26 points when you are actually supposed to drop to those points you will hit a plateau as your body will be so used to eating at those points.

dammitj wrote: »
    Just to check, are the Nature Valley bars 5pp for the 2 bars?

Thanks! ;)

Yea each pack is 5 propoints not bad at all really :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

a quick question...

Can I go to a different meeting weigh in, as I wont be available for the usual meeting area this week?

I have never done it, was just curious if its possible?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yep you can go to any meeting you like. You can also go to as many meetings as you like but only get weighed once during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

It's been an age since I posted but always reading, all doing so well, wish I could say the same. Have been maintaining for over a year, usually had between 31 points per day & my weeklies but in the last 6-8 wks i've been adding a couple of extra points here & there daily & they have caught up with me.

I've always been around 9st 7lbs, goal is 10stone which I am now. I know I shouldn't give out as I'm at my goal weight but those extra 7lbs feel like a stone to me. All of my clothes are gone so tight, i've a real jelly belly. Even my bra's are too tight, loads of back fat!!

With the good weather the last few days I just thought I had to cop myself on so i'm on my second day of 26 pp and I have to say I'm struggling big time but I just have to suck it up and get on with it.

Can I get your advice please, do you use your pp for milk out of this 26, not sure if there was a post on this before I usually use about 2pp for milk and just finding it hard to work out my other meals with remainder, I had become accustomed to too many pp. I know I have my weeklies but just want to pretend I don't have them for a few weeks.

I actually needed to get that off my chest, thanks and soz for long post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Yep, I think the recommendation is 3pp for milk over the course of the day, I drink maybe 3-4 big enough cups of tea with skimmed milk in a day so I'm assuming the 3pp covers this as I don't have milk with anything else.
    Or am I overpointing?
    Advice please!!

I am looking forward to getting to the gym after work - this weather would just depress you into exercise - ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Yep, I think the recommendation is 3pp for milk over the course of the day, I drink maybe 3-4 big enough cups of tea with skimmed milk in a day so I'm assuming the 3pp covers this as I don't have milk with anything else.
    Or am I overpointing?
    Advice please!!

I am looking forward to getting to the gym after work - this weather would just depress you into exercise - ha ha!

300ml of slimline milk is 3PP. I wouldn't think you would use more than 60 or 70ml of milk in a cup of tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gnet

Hi,

Anyone trying the WW at home pack? Thinking of giving it a go..have not been to WW before,

Thanks

cosmic wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new job tiny!

I've just been on your blog and those Marbled Meringues look amazing! I'm away tomorrow for the weekend but I'm definitely making these when I get back :D If you get the chance to post the recipe for the peanut butter cruncher cookies I'd love to have a go at them too!

Thanks cosmic :D

Finally got around to posting the cookie recipe - here ya go http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/08/peanut-butter-crunchers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Or am I overpointing?
    Advice please!!

Thanks dammitj i would have a 1pp activia fat free vanilla yogurt to make up 3 for my daily calcium intake. Think I'll be ok during the week days on 26pp but weekends i will defo find it tough!

Finally got around to posting the cookie recipe - here ya go http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/08/peanut-butter-crunchers.html

Brilliant! Thanks so so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Gnet wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone trying the WW at home pack? Thinking of giving it a go..have not been to WW before,

Thanks

I did WW@home. Started in Jan and by the end of June I had reached my goal and lost 39lbs. It's easy to follow if you read through all the books you get. If you have any questions, this forum is as good as a leader to talk to.

The only real difference is that your weight loss is private, you don't have to stand on a scales in front of your leader. You won't have the support of someone congratulating you when you loose or asking you what you think might have gone wrong if you gain. Again you can use this forum, post your losses and consider your gains. Everyone here is on the same weight loss journey and willing to share their experiences.

Best of luck if you go the at home route, it does work but you do have to be strict and honest with yourself.

Lost half a pound this week. Absolutely HATE being disappointed with a loss but I really wanted my stone this week!! And TOTM arrived today which means a week of being hungry!! Stocked up on a weeks worth of fruit in preparation. Usually have a STS the week after TOTM so focusing on the half pound!

Lost half a pound this week.

A loss is still a loss - well done tiny!

• Advertisement

If your looking for something to do on this wintry summers day you could try this chocolate cake topped with chocolate spread, coconut and strawberries. Here's the link and good luck to everyone with their wi. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-gooey-beetroot-chocolate.html

Advertisement