Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, kinda disappeared thru the summer.. But have been reading the posts and glad to see everyone is well!

I asked before but can't find the post/replies but could someone tell me how many pp my friend would be on?
    Male, 28, 5'10 and 13 stone 3 lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Im back on track! I was down 3.5 last night following my horrendous 5lb holiday gain! Such an unexpected number considering it was my birthday at the wknd too! Hoping to be just as good this week.. Best of luck everyone with the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I put on half a pound. Am absolutely gutted. I was so good all week. Splurged a bit while camping but everything was within my 49 and I tracked it all!!! Week after my TOTM and its always a bad week for me. Usually a STS or half pound loss though. One more WI before my holiday and I need to lost at least 1lb for my third stone an preferably a little more as buffer for my holiday!! Do angry right now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MzMollz

Faced the scales tonight (again)!!! Looking for a little bit of advice. Im starting college on Monday (as a mature yoke) so any students out there, I would be grateful for any tips but also I will now have to go to my meetings in Limerick. Anyone know what the class in the Kilmurry Lodge is like as it is closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

Hi, i'm going to my first meeting tomorrow night..... God i'm as nervous as hell, i need to loose about 2st to get my BMI in check! but i am motivated this time to do it!! well done to all here, your stories are inspirational.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cosmic wrote: »
    ck83 wrote: »
    I think I need to get myself hypnotised or something, to convince myself I dont like chocolate...

Have you tried looking for low pp chocolate options? I have a really bad sweet tooth and chocolate is my downfall too. Here are some of the low pp chocolate things i eat though:

Chocolate Philadelphia (2pp for a 30g tub) on 2 rice cakes (1pp) - total 3pp
    Alpro Soya Chocolate Desserts http://www.alpro.com/upload/products/dessert_darkchoco-05_375x455.png (3pp for a very generous tub) with chopped up strawberries in - total 3pp
    WW Rich Toffee Bars - 2pp
    If I'm stuck for pps an Oreo with a cup of tea really hits the spot - 1pp

Thanks cosmic. Heading to a meeting tomorrow lunchtime, between being away, and going back to work last week after maternity leave, ive missed two weeks. I've located a lunchtime meeting, and I just have to get over myself and go. I've not walked the length of myself in the last fortnight, and already I'm starting to feel a bit flabbier than before. I'm expecting to be up at least half a stone (and I will not be pleasantly surprised, I have a bathroom scales, and I know what it said before my last meeting). I'm weighing later in the day too, so could be more. Gggrrr. I'm such a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cats.life wrote: »
    ck83 wrote: »
    I'm expecting to have my sixth silver seven and my third stone taken off me tomorrow. The bottom has well and truly fallen out of my weight loss journey, wheels have come off the wagon, I have fallen majorly.
    I think I need to get myself hypnotised or something, to convince myself I dont like chocolate...
    no you dont need to get hypnotised, do what i do. sit down with pin and notebook and write down ''why do i want to lose the fat in the first place''..why did you go to that first weigh in all those weeks ago''.it helps to get it out of my head, cos i have loads to get rid of and its like a job to me now. like every thing else i get so bloody fed up with it..look at you ,you have 5 silver 7,s. ive only got 2....ive lost 16lbs so far.million to go:eek:..why dont you get the darker chocolate,they say its the better of the two evils. good luck for silver 7.:)

Thanks for this. I'm going to face up to it tomorrow. I've been pretending I'd get back to where I was before, and then go back to my meeting, but that's never going to happen, so it's to the scales for me tomorrow. Yikes. At least I'm meeting a different leader, and not my own, as I don't think I'd be able for the look of disappointment on her face!!
    Am going to sit down tomorrow, pen and paper, and write myself a letter, to remind me why I'm doing this.
    Onwards and downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I was so bold at the weekend, I honestly don't know what's wrong with me.

I am soooo good all week, stick to my points, do lots of exercise and then BAM! the weekend hits and I'm like a completely different person!

I have a big weekend this weekend with visitors coming and next weekend we have a long weekend in Derry for my birthday so it's going to be doubly hard to be good.

Ah well.

I ran 4K at the gym last night so was pretty pleased with myself after that anyway.

Best of luck to everyone with WI today!
    I'm not looking forward to WI on Friday morn .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

dammitj wrote: »
    I was so bold at the weekend, I honestly don't know what's wrong with me.

With food? Or with drink? Are you still tracking at weekends? If you're not, maybe give it a try. It might motivate you to be less bold. Or you might not be doing as much damage as you think but just not realizing it.
    At least with your WI on a Friday it gives you plenty of time to make up for the boldness! :p

Oh with food AND drink!

I think part of it is that I don't see my other half all week so we tend to do things at the weekend like go for breakfast/dinner/anything to do with food!

I try to make good choices and exercise as much as I can and track all week to make up for it, but I find it much more difficult being good at the weekend, and I always have.

I can feel a few lb creeping on so I'll have to nip it in the bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

First weight in today after my return to ww and i lost 3lbs so happy with that, first week was good, didn't track as well as i could, but getting better at it, hoping for more good things next week :)

Was down 2.5 lbs tonight! I guess all that running is paying off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Suzie70

Hi there,
    Am new to this forum but joined WW last year. Lost 2 stone, reached goal and maintained for about 7 months but can't seem to get motivated now to stick to it. Am up about ten pound, might sound lots or not but feel crap that I can't get back into pointing properly. Planning on going back to a WW class next week as haven't been in a while. Would REALLY appreciate any tips u have.

Thanks so much..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

So I've been ranting about this for ages! Basically started back pointing using Discovery a months ago. Lost 5.5 but then put on 4.5 of that within a week for no reason whatsoever. Have lost nothing since.

I tried propoints when it first came out and I was still at meetings (having gotten to maintenance but dancing around gaining/losing 10 pounds). I found I just maintained/gained on it.

BUT

I was on 29.

Now I would be on 26.

What do you experts think about changing over? I'm going mad here with not losing and clearly need to change something?

or do I? Should I just stick to discovery? I did lose 6stone on it!

Ideas and advice would be oh so lovely please!!!!!!!!!

Was down 2.5 lbs tonight! I guess all that running is paying off! :D

Fair play to you!

I ran 5K last night at the gym - delighted with myself.
    Hope it will help with the scales this week and sure if not, at least I'm getting fitter! ;)

Craving chocolate MAJORLY today.. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Down 2.5lbs today yea :D got my 5th silver 7 oh so happy :p the only thing getting me down is i cant afford a shopping spree :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Taz1 wrote: »
    Craving chocolate MAJORLY today.. =/

Your probably better off having some if your really craving it, if your anything like me your eat more points trying to not eat chocolate instead of just having it and pointing it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Down 2.5lbs today yea :D got my 5th silver 7 oh so happy :p the only thing getting me down is i cant afford a shopping spree :rolleyes:
    well done you.. get your close taken in, cos the way your going with the loseing every week ya would be buying cloths every month. well done.

Your probably better off having some if your really craving it, if your anything like me your eat more points trying to not eat chocolate instead of just having it and pointing it ;)

Ah just decided to go for choc philly on rice cakes! My sister made an amazing choc biscuit cake for my other sisters birthday tomorrow so im tryna be good so I can have some of that tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Taz1 wrote: »
    Ah just decided to go for choc philly on rice cakes!

Oh did you like it?! It's my new favourite! :D

Oh did you like it?! It's my new favourite! :D

Oh its been a staple choc-craving quick fix for me for months, does the job I suppose! I am such a chocolate fiend, it is literally my biggest biggest problem on this programme!

Congrats to all on WI's so far, keep it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Caoimhe25588

Hi guys!! Just a quick post, have been trying to find the Fry Light one cal spray for week or so have tried numerous supermarkets to no avail!! Is it gone off the market does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi guys!! Just a quick post, have been trying to find the Fry Light one cal spray for week or so have tried numerous supermarkets to no avail!! Is it gone off the market does anyone know??

I see it in every supermarket, in the area where the olive oil is. There is a butter one (which I think is yuck), the sunflower oil one, an olive oil one and now also a caesar dressing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Caoimhe25588

hey thanks for the reply :) Yeh it used to be in my supermarket where the other oil is but seems to be gone and i've tried few other supermarkets too! Its a pain cos I used to use it for all my WW Recipes :( I've had a look on their facebook page and other people seem to be having the same problem too so hopefully they will sort it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Hi all

Week 7 on WW and I have lost 6lbs which is disappointing. The energy and enthusiasm I initially had for WW has faded and so has the weight loss. My D-Day for target weight is the 12/12/12 and I'm 4lbs behind target already. Not looking for sympathy, as it's my own fault but thought I'd have a little rant - thanks for listening!

By the way, would it be useful to have a thread of Point Values. No discussions, just a simple post with a food and it's point value. A good place for beginners to start....?

Something like:

CurlyWurly: 3pp
    Skips: 2pp
    Fruit Pastille Ice Lolly: 2pp
    Twister Ice Pop: 2pp

Good luck ladies and gents. Here's hoping I get my motivation back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

You could always have fun trying on loads of different things and seeing how good they look on the new slimline you! You don't have to buy them. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hi all

Week 7 on WW and I have lost 6lbs which is disappointing. The energy and enthusiasm I initially had for WW has faded and so has the weight loss. My D-Day for target weight is the 12/12/12 and I'm 4lbs behind target already. Not looking for sympathy, as it's my own fault but thought I'd have a little rant - thanks for listening!

By the way, would it be useful to have a thread of Point Values. No discussions, just a simple post with a food and it's point value. A good place for beginners to start....?

Something like:

CurlyWurly: 3pp
    Skips: 2pp
    Fruit Pastille Ice Lolly: 2pp
    Twister Ice Pop: 2pp

Good luck ladies and gents. Here's hoping I get my motivation back.

Hey i have a food blog on Weightwatchers and i have a food finds section with good finds that are low in Propoints if you'd like to have a look. Its http://www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/ there's especially some good foods in Aldi right down to their donuts are 4WW PP for the jam donuts.

I hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey all,

Ive posted a recipe for Nigella Lawsons Marmite Pasta. I have to say that its really gorgeous with lots of Parmesan Cheese, already propointed. So far people have said its gorgeous and its really quick. It literally takes 20 minutes. Here's the link to it http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-vegetarian-pasta.html I hope this helps you all out.

Good luck with staying on track over the weekend:-)

• Advertisement

ccseli wrote: »
    Hey all,

Ive posted a recipe for Nigella Lawsons Marmite Pasta. I have to say that its really gorgeous with lots of Parmesan Cheese, already propointed. So far people have said its gorgeous and its really quick. It literally takes 20 minutes. Here's the link to it http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/08/weightwatchers-vegetarian-pasta.html I hope this helps you all out.

Good luck with staying on track over the weekend:-)

Looks delicious! Parmesan isn't vegetarian though, just to let you know!

Advertisement