Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

zedhead wrote: »
    Its a different set up. Slimming World here is part of Slimming World Global, whereas years ago WW ireland broke away from WW global. I don't know the exact details as i am not affiliated with either, just a long time member, but its not just because they are too mean or anything.

I'm sick of their excuses to be honest. Why the hell aren't they affiliated adequately with the global organisation so their members can take full benefit of the programme and its tools?

It smacks of some kind of financial disagreement to me, and the ones suffering are Irish ww members. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Is this thread dead?

I went back to my class after a few weeks out yesterday and of course I'm up a bit. Not too bad. Looking for some support here. Is anyone interested in revitalising this thread or has SW taken over the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

happyday wrote: »
    Is this thread dead?

I went back to my class after a few weeks out yesterday and of course I'm up a bit. Not too bad. Looking for some support here. Is anyone interested in revitalising this thread or has SW taken over the world?

I'm just back on it and would love to see a bit of activity here. I am struggling to get my head around the points for treats compared to propoints. Everything seems to have jumped up. My beloved Soleros and Curly Wurlys are six smartpoints!

Oh it takes a bit of getting used to alright! Anything with sugar is much higher now.

Went to my class on Tuesday and I have tracked all my food since, kept to my points and walked a bit too. Doing well!

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Only 4 and a half pounds from having lost 2 stone. My class is at 6 today, hoping to have lost at least a pound.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Only 4 and a half pounds from having lost 2 stone. My class is at 6 today, hoping to have lost at least a pound.

How did you get on? I hope it went well.

Well, I did lose just one pound, but now I'm only 3 and a half pounds away from the 2 stone lost mark. I just keep getting closer and feeling better as I lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Back on it too after 5 years, have a stone to loose. 2 weeks in & have lost nothing! Disappointed is not the word. Would be very active anyway but always had a sweet tooth, but had actually cut everything right back with a treat once a week, eating fruit & 0% yogurt, eggs & chicken etc till it’s coming outta me ears. Anyone else struggle at the start to see results? Well done on yer weight loss to date.

Are you tracking everything and drinking your water Denis? Keep at it and the results will come. I know it's hard when the scales don't move in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Lost 3lbs after being away for 2 weeks on holidays, delighted with that! We are doing WW at work and if I lose another 3lbs I will have lost a stone in the 8 weeks that we have been doing it!

Lost 3lbs after being away for 2 weeks on holidays, delighted with that! We are doing WW at work and if I lose another 3lbs I will have lost a stone in the 8 weeks that we have been doing it!

That's amazing. How do you do it? I am 6lbs away from my goal weight. I lost 3lbs last week but was up a lb today despite sticking to the plan like glue. Disappointing but I'll keep at it.

That's amazing. How do you do it? I am 6lbs away from my goal weight. I lost 3lbs last week but was up a lb today despite sticking to the plan like glue. Disappointing but I'll keep at it.

I wouldnt eat as much in the heat and there was a lot of walking! I have done WW before on propoints and found the weight drop quicker but with eggs and chicken being zero points I find the loss being smaller each week, but I think it will be easier to maintain the eating habits longterm.

Well done! I've been doing WW for many years. Points, Propoints, SmartPoints and now Flex. I have a gold card and they can't get rid of me.

I'm annoyed I was up 1lb. I ate pasta every day though and maybe had just a bit too much every time.

I'm annoyed I was up 1lb. I ate pasta every day though and maybe had just a bit too much every time.

Very annoying if you kept to the plan. Maybe weigh out your portions this week.

Down 1.5lbs, delighted after a bad weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

regardless of what you are following you will have to tweak it as you go, ideally here you should cut back on the number of days you eat pasta even if your plan says you don't have to. What might have worked 3 months ago might stop working now as your body adapts

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Down only half a pound after keeping to the plan all week. I'm about 6 from goal weight but finding it frustrating. Any hints?

A girl in my group is up half a pound this week after sticking to her points religiously. She was told that maybe she is eating too much fruit. What would you guys think she could/should do? She is really bothered by this. I know that when I did WW before I could have a week where I did everything right and still stayed the same, only to see a great drop the following week, but that was with the old system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

A girl in my group is up half a pound this week after sticking to her points religiously. She was told that maybe she is eating too much fruit. What would you guys think she could/should do? She is really bothered by this. I know that when I did WW before I could have a week where I did everything right and still stayed the same, only to see a great drop the following week, but that was with the old system.

I was worried about this to, and not only fruit but the free foods in general with the new flex plan. So I started counting calories along side SmartPoints for a few weeks to compare. On the days where I ate a lot of free foods : fruit, eggs chicken/fish, lentils/pulses I could have 3 full meals using only 2 or 3 Smartpoints (or even none if you are careful enough), but I would be at or over my recommended calorie intake for the day for weight loss (Between 1350 and 1500). Had I not been tracking my calories I might have looked to use the leftover points or some of them for a treat or some extra carbs bringing me over for the day.

So yes I do think its possible to eat too much fruit and even too much of the free foods. You need to balance things and try and find what is the right amount of food without going overboard just because it is within your points.

It took me a good few weeks of tracking both the same time (I like the focus the flex has on healthy food and the disincentive for sugar, calories alone would allow for more sugary/bad foods), and I found my comfort zone of just how much free foods I can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

zedhead wrote: »
    I was worried about this to, and not only fruit but the free foods in general with the new flex plan. So I started counting calories along side SmartPoints for a few weeks to compare. On the days where I ate a lot of free foods : fruit, eggs chicken/fish, lentils/pulses I could have 3 full meals using only 2 or 3 Smartpoints (or even none if you are careful enough), but I would be at or over my recommended calorie intake for the day for weight loss (Between 1350 and 1500). Had I not been tracking my calories I might have looked to use the leftover points or some of them for a treat or some extra carbs bringing me over for the day.

So yes I do think its possible to eat too much fruit and even too much of the free foods. You need to balance things and try and find what is the right amount of food without going overboard just because it is within your points.

It took me a good few weeks of tracking both the same time (I like the focus the flex has on healthy food and the disincentive for sugar, calories alone would allow for more sugary/bad foods), and I found my comfort zone of just how much free foods I can have.

if you looked at the GI/GL of food it might help weave a way though it, if you are going to eat fruit pick berries over bananas say or only have sugary fruit at the weekend or once a week. As a general point the only "free foods" ought to be green veg or healthy salads, most other things you are going to have to portion control or frequency control

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Our leader just told us that you can roll over 4 points per day in to your weekly points. Is this for real?? You can have an extra 28 points per week? I know its unlikely to have 4 points left over every day, but realistically you could do it on a regular enough basis.

Our leader just told us that you can roll over 4 points per day in to your weekly points. Is this for real?? You can have an extra 28 points per week? I know its unlikely to have 4 points left over every day, but realistically you could do it on a regular enough basis.

Yes that's right. I find it hard to keep to my daily points, never mind having four left to roll over but I suppose it can be done.

Yes that's right. I find it hard to keep to my daily points, never mind having four left to roll over but I suppose it can be done.

Some days I'm great and more days I struggle. I suppose being a fella it might be easier for me because I get more points. But I am going to target 28 roll over points this week to see if it can be done! carried over 4 from yesterday already.

Some days I'm great and more days I struggle. I suppose being a fella it might be easier for me because I get more points. But I am going to target 28 roll over points this week to see if it can be done! carried over 4 from yesterday already.

I know I'm being nosy but what will you do with all those rollover points plus your weekly points?

Heading to my class now. Wish me luck!

I know I'm being nosy but what will you do with all those rollover points plus your weekly points?

Heading to my class now. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!

Well to be honest I dont know what I would do with that many! :D I probably wouldnt even use them. It's irrelevant anyways as I only managed to carry over 2 points last night, had no eggs for an omelette so had a high point dinner :(

After a very disappointing gain of 6 and a half pounds last week, this week I am down 5 and a half pounds. I do have a problem with edema in my legs, and with the warmer weather and not drinking enough water, I think that's causing some of the swings in weight I've been having.

After a very disappointing gain of 6 and a half pounds last week, this week I am down 5 and a half pounds. I do have a problem with edema in my legs, and with the warmer weather and not drinking enough water, I think that's causing some of the swings in weight I've been having.

At least you are heading back in the right direction now. That was a great loss. I was down half a pound only. I'm near my goal weight and it gets much harder then.

• Advertisement

Down 2lbs! absolutely delighted as I had a few bbqs and treats last week. shows that this plan could be maintainable!

Advertisement