Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

happyday wrote: »
    Hi zedhead. I'm at about the same point as you. I'm a gold member but have about 9lbs to lose to get back to goal. I haven't been at my goal weight in ages and I'd love to get back there again.

Want to put a realistic goal on myself that I can be back and with a few pounds under by Xmas. I'm heading away in december and I want a few pounds to play around with so I don't end up back where I am now in January.

If I can aim for 1lb a week, allowing for a couple of off weeks then I should be able to comfortably do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It helps to have a focus like that to keep you on track. I'm sticking to the plan very well right now. Two gorgeous pavlovas were put in front of me yesterday and I resisted! Go me!

On Tuesday our WW leader told us that she would have a surprise for us next week. Her lips were sealed after that. Has anyone heard of something new coming from WW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

On Tuesday our WW leader told us that she would have a surprise for us next week. Her lips were sealed after that. Has anyone heard of something new coming from WW?

Yep, it’s an online app for Irish ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Oh you guys will love it. I am in Australia and we have the app it is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Oh you guys will love it. I am in Australia and we have the app it is brilliant.

Is it?

I’m torn about re-joining. I lost 2 stone with ww and have all but a little bit of it back on.

I’ve roughly 5 stone in total to lose :(

It HAS to go though. Feeling so very uncomfortable in my own skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I said enough's enough and joined WW last Thursday for the first time. (I was with SW a few years back) but I am struggling with using my points on a daily & weekly basis.

What do you all use them for? I don't want to end up eating them all on junk and using them for the sake of it. Yesterday after dinner... I had 12 points left!

I have 23 daily points and 35 weekly points. I'm really trying to do this plan 100% and get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Vahevala wrote: »
    I said enough's enough and joined WW last Thursday for the first time. (I was with SW a few years back) but I am struggling with using my points on a daily & weekly basis.

What do you all use them for? I don't want to end up eating them all on junk and using them for the sake of it. Yesterday after dinner... I had 12 points left!

I have 23 daily points and 35 weekly points. I'm really trying to do this plan 100% and get it right.

Welcome! I suppose there are a few things at play here.
    1. Are you sure you are pointing everything correctly?
    2. If you are, is this what you would normally eat or is it the initial buzz/motivation of joining WW?
    3. If it isn't what you would normally eat, do you think its sustainable? (be honest!)
    After that, use the points for whatever you want! 12 points wont get you a lot of junk!!

Welcome! I suppose there are a few things at play here.
    1. Are you sure you are pointing everything correctly?
    2. If you are, is this what you would normally eat or is it the initial buzz/motivation of joining WW?
    3. If it isn't what you would normally eat, do you think its sustainable? (be honest!)
    After that, use the points for whatever you want! 12 points wont get you a lot of junk!!

Yes am 100% on what I have pointed.

It is really what I like to eat, okay normally I probably eat a lot of potatoes or red meat but I did have chicken which meant I had extra points & didn't have potatoes last night. I eat a lot of fruit & veg, I don't tend to want to eat a lot of crisps and trying not to eat crap for the sake of it. I tend to snack on fruit.

The only thing I badly miss are having yogurts like muller light style with my fruit at night. I am probably going to go back to semi skimmed milk as that almond stuff is so gross!

Also if I wanted 100g of raw potatoes, how many points is that? Am I correct that WW don't do 1/2 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Yes am 100% on what I have pointed.

It is really what I like to eat, okay normally I probably eat a lot of potatoes or red meat but I did have chicken which meant I had extra points & didn't have potatoes last night. I eat a lot of fruit & veg, I don't tend to want to eat a lot of crisps and trying not to eat crap for the sake of it. I tend to snack on fruit.

The only thing I badly miss are having yogurts like muller light style with my fruit at night. I am probably going to go back to semi skimmed milk as that almond stuff is so gross!

Also if I wanted 100g of raw potatoes, how many points is that? Am I correct that WW don't do 1/2 points?

To answer your questions 200gs of raw potatoes is 5sp, which means to me each 40gs of raw potatoes is 1sp, and 120gs is 3sp.

I am not certain of the points in yogurts like muller lights but I think it is 4sp for 150g.

• Advertisement

We got information about the new app in class last night and you're right! It looks amazing. I love how it has all the food products in Aldi, Lidl, M&S and Tesco. Pity it doesn't have Dunnes and SuperValu.

Can you add items that it doesn't have? I just can't see how to do that. There must be a way.

Sittingpretty, I would encourage you to come back. Once you have made a start it will be easier.

You can add on items on the app here and it is so great just to take it around the supermarket and check on things you aren't sure about. I am thrilled with it.
    9 weeks tomorrow on programme for me, it looks like I might get my 10kilo loss!

I had a good look but couldn't work out how to add items that are not on the list. The best I could do was to point them myself and then add a product with the same points.

How can you add a product that is not on the list? For example Dunnes Frozen Chips? I only had 76g!

Our app has an option to add something if the barcode isn't recognised, so you put in all the nutritional information and then it points it for you.

Our app has an option to add something if the barcode isn't recognised, so you put in all the nutritional information and then it points it for you.

Would you mind looking and telling me where on the app this is? It's probably the same but I just haven't found it yet.

Great first week weigh in, I lost 4 lbs! Really delighted with myself. Onwards & downwards. Enjoying eSource!

Would you mind looking and telling me where on the app this is? It's probably the same but I just haven't found it yet.

That isn't available on eSource.

That isn't available on eSource.

So is esource not an app but a website you log into? I had just assumed it was an app

Can’t understand why they can’t develop an app.

Can’t understand why they can’t develop an app.

Well it appears they havent developed anything, they have jut given us access to the UK esource but not the UK app...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Thinking of rejoining ww next week. Have had a pretty awful year of it diet/food wise so need to get back on track. Lost 2 stone before on ww before so it has worked for me. Joined slimming world about two years ago, lost some weight but it didn’t seem to work as well. Wasn’t hugely impressed with the way the class was delivered so maybe that put me off a bit. Think ww seems to work better for me in general though

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Thinking of rejoining ww next week. Have had a pretty awful year of it diet/food wise so need to get back on track. Lost 2 stone before on ww before so it has worked for me. Joined slimming world about two years ago, lost some weight but it didn’t seem to work as well. Wasn’t hugely impressed with the way the class was delivered so maybe that put me off a bit. Think ww seems to work better for me in general though

Welcome Daisy! I have heard that about SW but I have always stuck with WW myself. Hope you rejoin. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ygritte

I just joined weightwatchers this evening. Have to agree with Daisy, I sat in on a SW class and really did not like how it was delivered. It was like a public shaming when someone put on a pound!

Reading all my books tonight, realistically I won't be able to get the groceries until Saturday/Sunday....not giving myself much time to get into a routine for a loss next week. Anyway, will give it my best shot. I'm sure it takes time to get used to points, and meal planning!! Heres to being slim again!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I don't go for Slimming World, it was a bit confusing, plus when I tried it, I ended up eating too much pasta and potato. With Weight Watchers, everything just costs points, even if it's zero points like fruit and veg. Very straight forward for me.

Also, down 2 and a half pounds this week, after 3 weeks of gaining, even though it was my birthday and I had chocolate and a large pizza. I think my body must be confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ygritte

Can someone tell me if you get meal plans & recipe books every week or is that just the first week?

Have to be honest finding esource to be a load of muck! It's already telling me my weekly access code isn't valid, and I registered only two days ago when I got it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Ygritte wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if you get meal plans & recipe books every week or is that just the first week?

Have to be honest finding esource to be a load of muck! It's already telling me my weekly access code isn't valid, and I registered only two days ago when I got it :confused:
    You get new books each week for the first 4 weeks - Food/Main plan info, Exercise, Mind/Feelings, No Count plan.

Hi there. I haven't been to WW since the start of October. I went tonight but I forgot to ask what the latest is about esource. I didn't see any codes being handed out and I can't get into the SmartPoints calculator like I used to. Has something changed?

The code for the calulator is WWFreestyle

wench wrote: »
    The code for the calulator is WWFreestyle

Thanks wench! Are they still giving weekly codes to access esource? In October they said that would go on till the end of the year. No mention of it last night and I had to leave before the end of the talk.

• Advertisement

I think so, did you show your gift card to your leader when you got weighed?
    That's when mine give them out.

Advertisement