Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Anyone recommend an app for smart points? I had one for propoints that tracked points, had a scanner and food search option and restaurant menu search if I could find similar without monthly subscriptions I'd find smart points a lot easier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Have you tried the Ultimate Food Diary? They have updated it to include SmartPoints.
    Anyone recommend an app for smart points? I had one for propoints that tracked points, had a scanner and food search option and restaurant menu search if I could find similar without monthly subscriptions I'd find smart points a lot easier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

October wrote: »
    Have you tried the Ultimate Food Diary? They have updated it to include SmartPoints.
    Add your reply here.Thats what I used before, do you need to get a monthly subscription to switch to smart points?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I'm not 100% sure. I did pay for a year subscription because I got a Fitbit and it connects to that. But I don't think you need to subscribe for the points and diary part. The yearly subscription has gone up to £19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Weigh in day... have been bold the weekend so here praying and drinking plenty of water. Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Joolsie wrote: »
    Weigh in day... have been bold the weekend so here praying and drinking plenty of water. Best of luck everyone.

Hope all went well and it wasn't as bad as you think. Also just to note, my leader actually told me that drinking a lot of water on day of weigh in can be a bad idea as it can be retained resulting in a possible gain. I was advised not to drink too much water on WI days. :)

Hope all went well and it wasn't as bad as you think. Also just to note, my leader actually told me that drinking a lot of water on day of weigh in can be a bad idea as it can be retained resulting in a possible gain. I was advised not to drink too much water on WI days.

Hi cookie dough, thanks for your words of encouragement, I was up half a pound... log it and move on 😊😊😊😊 from day one I always drank water up to three o clock on the day of weigh-in, my weigh in is at ten to six then so I'm in and out of the bathroom for the few hours leading up ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I don't want to change my routine now on weigh in day

Joolsie wrote: »
    Hi cookie dough, thanks for your words of encouragement, I was up half a pound... log it and move on 😊😊😊😊 from day one I always drank water up to three o clock on the day of weigh-in, my weigh in is at ten to six then so I'm in and out of the bathroom for the few hours leading up ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I don't want to change my routine now on weigh in day

If it ain't broke don't fix it :) In fairness the day I went I had been drinking water by the gallon right up until weigh in :D

At least was was only 1/2lb. It's also better than you went. Sometimes I miss class if I have a bad week and it's always worse when I go back. Onwards and downwards. My W.I is tonight :pac:

If it ain't broke don't fix it In fairness the day I went I had been drinking water by the gallon right up until weigh in

At least was was only 1/2lb. It's also better than you went. Sometimes I miss class if I have a bad week and it's always worse when I go back. Onwards and downwards. My W.I is tonight

You'll be fine, as you said to me you're going. I've been stuck in a rut, up and down since Christmas, have lost my routine and forgotten all the little tips like not eating after 7/8. Need to start writing things down and need to get back to 100% tracking, only half doing it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Can anyone give me a basic idea on how weight watchers is working these days? I so need to lost weight - I'm 15 9 at the moment and I'm only 5 feet tall; I dunno whether to join weight watchers or slimming world. I remember joining WW before when I was only ten stone!!! And it working for me. I've heard it has changed though? I think I'd prefer counting everything then doing the no count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

pinkstars wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a basic idea on how weight watchers is working these days? I so need to lost weight - I'm 15 9 at the moment and I'm only 5 feet tall; I dunno whether to join weight watchers or slimming world. I remember joining WW before when I was only ten stone!!! And it working for me. I've heard it has changed though? I think I'd prefer counting everything then doing the no count.

You can still count. Smart points are a bit different as they are a bit anti sugar but you still have dailies and weeklies etc. No count is all whole foods and I'm just not organised enough for it

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers! I'm so heavy I am so excited for this journey ahead of me. I need to do this for me and my daughter. Any tips/tricks/apps greatly appreciated! I didn't get a chance to look at my books yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

I just rejoined ww on Tuesday and i'm a bit confused with the smart points. How do I calculate them?

Sarah1991 wrote: »
    I just rejoined ww on Tuesday and i'm a bit confused with the smart points. How do I calculate them?

You need to either use the ww website or I think there's an iPhone app. I don't think there's any formula for manually calculating points.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

You need to either use the ww website or I think there's an iPhone app. I don't think there's any formula for manually calculating points.

Thanks! I'll check out the app 😊

pinkstars wrote:
    Well I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers! I'm so heavy I am so excited for this journey ahead of me. I need to do this for me and my daughter. Any tips/tricks/apps greatly appreciated! I didn't get a chance to look at my books yet!

Hi Pinkstars, there's a great Facebook page that you can request to join, weightwatchersIreland. It's great for recipes, tips and general pats on the backs whether you're having a good or bad day.

I lost nearly four stone from may to Dec last year, have a stone put up since Dec though but I cut out bread and ate pat the baker slimbos instead, treats included ww bars or crumpets with yoghurt and fruit. I cut down on portion sizes and didn't eat after 8 every night. I also tried to get out for a walk every evening whether it be twenty minutes or two hours.

Need to get my ass in gear again as have a wedding in five weeks ☺☺ hope this helps but definitely join the Facebook page.

MUST. STAY. ON. TRACK. COUNT KEESA COUNT!

I'm at 10.2 goal is 9.6... I've done it before and I can do it again if I focus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while so I hope your all well. Two weeks ago I went to my meeting and I was surprised to be 1lb down as I was just back from holiday. I missed last week and I have been trying to be good but I wasn't tracking so I was delighted to be down another 2.5lb today. Its after giving me a little boost to try to be good again this week:). Anyway good luck everyone! Onwards and downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down another 0.5lb, that's 10lbs since I joined and I think that was about six weeks ago. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hi all, I am just back from my meeting and I was 1.5lb down:), I really found it hard this week and everything was a battle but I think I have my mojo back. Anyway good luck for next week, onwards and downwards:)

• Advertisement

Well done both of you, I was up .5 on Tuesday, walking mad but have so much on between parties and weddings but I'm hovering in or around the same weight which isn't too bad, will get back on it once I've this weekend over with... ahhhhhhhhh... ha ha

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I'm still struggling but I've decided not to be so hard on myself. I've been struggling for what must be over a year now but because I managed to pull it back every now and again I'm still around the same(albeit 12.5 over goal) weight when I could easily have gained another stone.

But that's enough. It's true if you follow the plan you don't need to worry about your weight. So I've bought a wee notebook. I've written down my mini goals and a food plan for the week. I've found a new meeting I can get to more easily. And Ive bought the food for my meals.

Back to basics, follow the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Redchairs

Hi all,

Going to give weight watchers another go. Haven't been in years! Can anyone tell me if I have to go to the same class each week or can you mix n match?

Sometimes I work late so would be handy if I could go to one near home and near work.

Thanks!!

Redchairs wrote:
    Hi all,

Redchairs wrote:
    Going to give weight watchers another go. Haven't been in years! Can anyone tell me if I have to go to the same class each week or can you mix n match?

Redchairs wrote:
    Sometimes I work late so would be handy if I could go to one near home and near work.

Redchairs wrote:
    Thanks!!

Hi redchairs, you can go to any meeting just make sure you have your card with you to log in. Best of luck

keesa wrote:
    Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I'm still struggling but I've decided not to be so hard on myself. I've been struggling for what must be over a year now but because I managed to pull it back every now and again I'm still around the same(albeit 12.5 over goal) weight when I could easily have gained another stone.

keesa wrote:
    But that's enough. It's true if you follow the plan you don't need to worry about your weight. So I've bought a wee notebook. I've written down my mini goals and a food plan for the week. I've found a new meeting I can get to more easily. And Ive bought the food for my meals.

keesa wrote:
    Back to basics, follow the plan!

Hi Keesa, you and me both. I've been struggling in or around the 16 stone mark since January, reaching a high of 16 6 and a low of 15 13 with four stone to lose. I'm finding the smart points plan really hard to get my head around, then again I'm not giving it much of my time. My class is declining every week so the incentive to stay for meetings isn't there.

I'm gonna start a fresh with you, 16 weeks to Christmas so I'm told. Are you doing smart points?

I never made the move to smart points but to be honest I haven't been giving propoints a proper try either. I'd love to lose 1.5 per week for a month at least. That would be the worst over with, and maybe my jeans would fit again!

keesa wrote:
    I never made the move to smart points but to be honest I haven't been giving propoints a proper try either. I'd love to lose 1.5 per week for a month at least. That would be the worst over with, and maybe my jeans would fit again!

Gonna pull out the books again tonight, just to refresh the memory. Christmas completely threw me off and I'm facing in to it again so need to gear myself up for it this year.

Me too... but that was 2 years ago....

I'm fricking starving now, about to leave the office but dont want to waste my points on junk. I want to be slim again!

Tomorrow is the last day in my week and my scales have me down 2lbs 😊 I'm in the gym at the moment burning off the 12 points I went over.

Next week I want another 2. Let's do this!

• Advertisement

keesa wrote:
    Tomorrow is the last day in my week and my scales have me down 2lbs 😊 I'm in the gym at the moment burning off the 12 points I went over.

keesa wrote:
    Next week I want another 2. Let's do this!

Well done Keesa. Was down 1 pound tonight.. small steps 😊😊

Advertisement