Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

leanonme, I go to class in Edenderry, on Mondays at 5pm. Fab leader, love her so much.
    couldn;t recommend more, Lovely class, fab people if you are in midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

Joined last wk, still trying to get my head around the smartpoints. I'm not very good at figuring them out just yet. Have been looking at the skinny doll's blog, it's very good, any other recommendations for ww blogs?
    Find myself googling stuff when i don't have the nutrition info on hand to use the SP calculator but not seeing a whole lot on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

dolly16 wrote: »
    Joined last wk, still trying to get my head around the smartpoints. I'm not very good at figuring them out just yet. Have been looking at the skinny doll's blog, it's very good, any other recommendations for ww blogs?
    Find myself googling stuff when i don't have the nutrition info on hand to use the SP calculator but not seeing a whole lot on google.

Dolly16 join the Weight Watchers Ireland closed group on Facebook. You will get great support there and any questions you ask will be answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Hi all

Joined WW today!

Does anyone know the name of the app in the iTunes App Store for calculating Smartpoints?

I understand that I can use the calculator on the website, but I'd prefer to download an app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Hi Heat_Wave!

I rejoined WW recently too and came here looking for the same thing...can't find a proper iPhone app for points. Very strange.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Great app called Tracking Assistant. It has a calculator and a food list on it. Free on Android and iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm back here again. Originally lost 55lbs but I've put back on some weight with moving and settling and then random things happening. Lowest weight was 9st 2lbs, last week I was 10st 8lbs. Working my way back down yet again. About to go to my weigh in now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

I'm three weeks in and have lost 2lbs. Lost 5 before joining so am half a stone gone since new years :) find I'm enjoying weight watchers, and the class leader is great! My aim is to lose 3 stone this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mullydoll

Hi, looking for advice!
    Want to start WW as feel SW is not working out for me at the moment as I feel I need to get a grip on portion sizes! Anyway have about 2 stone to loose however there are no classes anywhere near where I live so that's not an option! Looked at joining online but bloody hell its expensive and with hubby out of work then that is a no go either! So my question is - firstly what's the best ( cheapest!) way to get my hands on the various books to start me off bearing in mind that I am a total newbie to this. Secondly, am I being realistic in thinking that I could do this successfully with only the use of books and forums for support?
    Thanks a million for any input

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Mullydoll wrote: »
    Hi, looking for advice!
    Want to start WW as feel SW is not working out for me at the moment as I feel I need to get a grip on portion sizes! Anyway have about 2 stone to loose however there are no classes anywhere near where I live so that's not an option! Looked at joining online but bloody hell its expensive and with hubby out of work then that is a no go either! So my question is - firstly what's the best ( cheapest!) way to get my hands on the various books to start me off bearing in mind that I am a total newbie to this. Secondly, am I being realistic in thinking that I could do this successfully with only the use of books and forums for support?

Cheapest is to possibly if you could find a group just to go to even once to pick up the books, only other way really is to buy the books on Ebay but they are pricey. Otherwise is trying to join WW UK and use a parcel motel address.

I am considering doing the same as SW isn't working for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Vahevala wrote: »
    Cheapest is to possibly if you could find a group just to go to even once to pick up the books, only other way really is to buy the books on Ebay but they are pricey. Otherwise is trying to join WW UK and use a parcel motel address.

I am considering doing the same as SW isn't working for me either.

The only thing with that is you get a book per week for the first 3 weeks, but you do get the most important one in the first week.

Up 1.5 today. Knew it would happen. It's always up and down.

Monife wrote: »
    The only thing with that is you get a book per week for the first 3 weeks, but you do get the most important one in the first week.

OMG, how ridiculous... :eek:

I tried using a paid app but I found the values unreliable.. :(

The new plan is eat, move, smile. So first week is eat, smartpoints of things etc, second week is about exercise and third week is about mental health/happiness so you could manage with just first week if you don't plan on counting exercise points.

I do however find I need a class/leader environment.

I think you also get the No Count (previously Filling and Healthy) book in the first week which has a similar method to SW but you can have bread (low cal) when you want (within reason) and not just once a day.

The WW Ireland website has a SmartPoints calculator which you can save to your home screen on your phone, it has a password which WW leaders give out but I could PM it as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Very down this evening.

I was down 4.5lbs last week (my first week on WW) and tonight I had a massive binge as I had a very upsetting day and my emotions took over.

I'm allowed 42 weekly SP and I'm already over 90 SP now, which means I'll definitely be up this week.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Very down this evening.

I was down 4.5lbs last week (my first week on WW) and tonight I had a massive binge as I had a very upsetting day and my emotions took over.

I'm allowed 42 weekly SP and I'm already over 90 SP now, which means I'll definitely be up this week.

Not necessarily, you may stay the same. Draw a line under it now and be as good as you can be until weigh in.

Is it really ridiculous, they are a business so they don't want to make it easy for people to pay for one week and then not go again which is what a lot of people do. People give out about the lack of tools etc for members and that, but as they are independent of weight watchers worldwide the less paying members they have the less likely they will have the ability to develop the additional tools like an official app etc.

I've been up and down all of January, but I am pretty sure its because my running has been all over the place. It has a huge affect on the scales and even when I settle into a good routine it takes a few weeks for it to properly show. So I am epecting another couple of weeks of steady running before I get back to goal. Am 4lbs above so still within my 5lbs range and can see in my body/feel in my clothes that things are where they should be so happy enough.

zedhead wrote: »
    Is it really ridiculous, they are a business so they don't want to make it easy for people to pay for one week and then not go again which is what a lot of people do. People give out about the lack of tools etc for members and that, but as they are independent of weight watchers worldwide the less paying members they have the less likely they will have the ability to develop the additional tools like an official app etc.

Slimming World have no problem in giving all the official tools, an app, books etc. The vouchers in all the UK magazines are able to be used by people here unlike WW. It's no wonder WW popularity here has dropped like a lead balloon.

Slimming World have no problem in giving all the official tools, an app, books etc. The vouchers in all the UK magazines are able to be used by people here unlike WW. It's no wonder WW popularity here has dropped like a lead balloon.

Its a different set up. Slimming World here is part of Slimming World Global, whereas years ago WW ireland broke away from WW global. I don't know the exact details as i am not affiliated with either, just a long time member, but its not just because they are too mean or anything.

• Advertisement

Down 3.5 lbs! Delighted :D
    4 since starting ww and 9 since new years!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shindun

leanonme wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone attends weight watchers in Tullamore. Just wondering what its like?

I used to go to tullamore class when on maternity leave I loved the class the leader is fantastic but when I went back to work I couldn't make it. but the girl helping out in tullamore set up a class in mountmellick I've been going for 7months and loved it but now that girl is finishing up I'm so gutted hoping the replacement will be even half as good

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Mullydoll wrote: »
    Hi, looking for advice!

I'm looking to do the same I lost 3 stone with weight watchers a few years ago but since having my son 2 yrs ago it's all come back and more we're very tight for money right now so I can't justify spending it on me but I've gotten the books already from my sister but can't figure out how I calculate my points, does anyone know how?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Trying to do it myself also to save on paying out every week! The accountability is the biggest thing ill miss by not going to the classes but ill try it out and see how I get on!

Lists of points are available online in different places but just make sure that it is smartpoints you are looking at and not the old pro points system. The Skinny Doll website is like my bible so make sure to check that out she has lists of so many foods all pointed. You can also buy weight watchers calculators online which are handy as it is next to impossible to work out the points on your own. I think there might be an app too that you can buy that has a calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Back on WW after about 2 years away. Just wondering if anyone else found the move to smart points tough? I feel a lot more limited than I did on pro points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Sigh ... thinking of rejoining, again! I've a family wedding coming up in two months, and the extra motivation couldn't hurt. Might see if my mum will join too, the social aspect would be great for her if nothing else.

I have to admit, I don't get a whole lot out of the plan itself, I'm well educated on food and what is and isn't good for me. It's all about the accountability, and the competition (with myself! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭patricia88

Just joined as a first time member.
    Have about 6 stone to lose! - weighed in at 17st 9
    Following no count for now as have a lot to lose!
    I've really had enough of having no energy so hoping I'll notice the benefits of healthy eating soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Hello WW'ers, some advice please, if I sign up can I just go to the first meeting and get all the stuff I'll need to get going straight away? I've done WW before but not for a few years and I really hate the meetings!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Hi, I am going to go back on weight watchers the old system of points, would any of you have a small pink or purple weight watchers book with points value of food, I mislaid it and would b grateful if someone could give it to me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hi, I am going to go back on weight watchers the old system of points, would any of you have a small pink or purple weight watchers book with points value of food, I mislaid it and would b grateful if someone could give it to me thanks

Sorry no. I'm just wondering why not try the new and improved Smart Points. It encourages you to eat more healthily and takes into account new information on diet.

Advertisement