Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

wench wrote: »
    I think so, did you show your gift card to your leader when you got weighed?
    That's when mine give them out.

I didn't but she didn't ask for it either and knows me for years and I thought would have said something about it. I'll have to ask again tomorrow night.

How are you doing on the plan?

Does anyone know how many points are in a pork chop?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So, after christmas and everything, I'm back almost to where I started. :( Must try harder.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    So, after christmas and everything, I'm back almost to where I started. :( Must try harder.

Don't worry it. Its very hard to stay on track at Christmas. Just draw a line under it and get back at it again.

I was 2.5lbs up and that was after a lot of walking. Hope I'll be down again by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Rejoined last night - after 3 years of college and buying my own place (minding what I ate just went out the window)

Was so glad they've gotten a tracking on phone system.

Shame it's not a proper app though? :confused:

How are people finding this Wellness thing overall? Am glad theres still some no counting lark going on.

Also, they took my address as my Surname for some reason :D:pac:

• Advertisement

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Rejoined last night - after 3 years of college and buying my own place (minding what I ate just went out the window)

Was so glad they've gotten a tracking on phone system.

Shame it's not a proper app though? :confused:

How are people finding this Wellness thing overall? Am glad theres still some no counting lark going on.

Also, they took my address as my Surname for some reason :D:pac:

Well done on going back.

I track on my phone too and find it good. I think its very annoying that we don't have the app here in Ireland but still have it constantly shoved in our faces in the many emails sent by WW and all over the leaflets they give us.

I'm sure we are paying similar money to those in the UK but we are not getting the same service. If they are not going to develop an app for Ireland then I think it shouldn't be mentioned in the promotional material here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

I agree re the app. The UK actually pay less I think because there are all sorts of montly pass offers that gives them access to workshops and all the suites of online/app resources.

Our leader (now coach I guess), told us that they have been pushing for this for years and encouraged the members to get in touch directly with WW Ireland Head office and also WW Worldwide to try and push for it.

zedhead wrote: »
    I agree re the app. The UK actually pay less I think because there are all sorts of montly pass offers that gives them access to workshops and all the suites of online/app resources.

Our leader (now coach I guess), told us that they have been pushing for this for years and encouraged the members to get in touch directly with WW Ireland Head office and also WW Worldwide to try and push for it.

I have no problem doing that. The leaders should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Lost 3 pounds in week one - yay!
    So many eggs!!

I also got a new code for the desktop app - is that what happens every week now? You pay for the weigh, meeting and code?
    Going out for diner with friends this evening - the effort of looking up menus and pointing the best option.

How's everyone getting on?

Quick question about ovaltine: I'm going to be making it with unsweetened almond milk, but I don't know how to calculate the smartpoints for it. Any help calculating for 200ml?

Ovaltine: per 100
    370 calories
    sat. fat 0.7
    sugars 49
    protein 6

EDIT: It says a portion is 4tsp or 25g

Alpro unsweetened almond milk: per 100
    calories 13
    sat. fat 0.1
    sugars nil
    protein 0.4

• Advertisement

Quick question about ovaltine: I'm going to be making it with unsweetened almond milk, but I don't know how to calculate the smartpoints for it. Any help calculating for 200ml?

Ovaltine: per 100
    370 calories
    sat. fat 0.7
    sugars 49
    protein 6

Alpro unsweetened almond milk: per 100
    calories 13
    sat. fat 0.1
    sugars nil
    protein 0.4

Is that the ovaltine nutritional information for 100g of powder or the information per serving (which includes the recommended addition of milk).

If it is just the powder, weigh out how much you use for a portion and calculate the amount per portion (in the calculator put in those values and put values per=100 and serving size=weight of your serving). Then work out the smartpoints for 200ml of almond milk and add them together.

I'm finding it hard to stick to the plan, I keep craving chocolate and sweet things!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I'm finding it hard to stick to the plan, I keep craving chocolate and sweet things!

I have them, I pre-point my days and always make points for a curly wurly or something like that.

EDIT: Found the answer for the vanilla extract on the WW Canada site, but I'm still not sure about points for ground cinnamon.

the WW Canada page for future ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

EDIT: Found the answer for the vanilla extract on the WW Canada site, but I'm still not sure about points for ground cinnamon.

the WW Canada page for future ref
    The cinnamon is zero.

All herbs/spices are zero, you'd have to use very large quantities to need to add a point for them.

The cinnamon is zero.

All herbs/spices are zero, you'd have to use very large quantities to need to add a point for them.

I have noticed this has changed on the new program. Things like cumin, coriander etc, anything more than 1 tsp comes up as pointed on the esource. If you are using 4 or 5 spices in a recipe it can add up. Not sure if this was always the case or if its new, but something i have seen using the recipe builder.

Sorry for another question! I just find you all seem to know what you're talking about!

If I were to try to calculate the points of spaghetti, is it when it's dry or cooked? I bought some of the tesco spaghetti and it says to "Allow approximately 75g per person" and it doesn't say if that's dry or cooked. I don't want to overeat on pasta!

At least it's easy enough to make a healthy enough pasta sauce!

Sorry for another question! I just find you all seem to know what you're talking about!

If I were to try to calculate the points of spaghetti, is it when it's dry or cooked? I bought some of the tesco spaghetti and it says to "Allow approximately 75g per person" and it doesn't say if that's dry or cooked. I don't want to overeat on pasta!

At least it's easy enough to make a healthy enough pasta sauce!

That would be dry I think Godot. Although I think it works out at 1 point per 10 grams so 60g = 6 points. 60g would be a decent portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Anyone here doing the weight watchers at home programme? I started it after Christmas with high hopes but getting seriously frustrated. Bought what I thought was a decent weighing scales but discovered a couple of weeks in that it didn’t work properly. For the last four weeks I’ve been weighing myself using a pharmacy scales which I thought was fine. Then last week it said I put on four and a half pounds despite doing a bit more exercise and a decent enough week food wise. The consultant told me that it was probably down to it being my time of the month which was fine but I usually don’t bloat during my period. Anyway roll on this week, not great food wise but not awful. Was expecting to see a correction downwards but now (my newly bought scales) is telling me I’ve put on another 2.5 pounds. So basically I don’t know what I actually weigh. Should I just go back to the classes and forget about weighing myself?

I much prefer the at home option, I can’t always commit to getting to the class so it really suits me to do it at home/over the phone.

Maybe go once, just to see what the scale says? Is there any other scales you can use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I do it at home and I weigh in the same place at the same time every week. I use the same scales all the time. I am not sure that my actual weight is 100% correct but I know that any fluctuations are correct iykwim?

Hi all. What is the code for the online points calculator please? I haven't been getting to many classes lately and it must have changed. Was it WWFreestyle?

How are you all getting on as the summer approaches?

Yes,that's it. At least, it works for me.

After a while off the ww wagon, I'm finally trying to get back on it. I'm preplanning meals again, and taking a proper look at what food I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aug16

Hi everyone, delighted to have found this board. 7 years ago I got to a lb below my goal weight at 8 st 10 lbs. I put weight back up and have tried a few times since but have never lasted more than 3 or 4 weeks. I weighed myself sat morning after a disastrous shopping trip and was disgusted at my self. 11st 7 lbs at only 5 ft so bmi is 31 which is in the obese category. So I started following ww that day, joined a class on weds and determined to stick with it this time. My biggest problems are bread, take away and wine! My triggers are stress like most people have a lot of in my life also a comfort eater. My oldest daughter (12) has a rare genetic condition which means she has a severe Intellectual disability, non verbal, wheelchair user, incontinent, epilepsy, spd, dysphagia and the list goes on.....I also have two younger kids, and my mum is sick too but I'm determined not to let any bad days affect my eating. Any tips would be great! Thanks x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can anyone describe a typical meeting? I’m on slimming world and have successfully lost three stone over the last six months but I’m finding meetings incredibly repetitive and boring now. I’m interested in the wellness idea and curious if it makes for good meetings

Do weightwatchers have a proper app in Ireland now?

Can anyone describe a typical meeting? I’m on slimming world and have successfully lost three stone over the last six months but I’m finding meetings incredibly repetitive and boring now. I’m interested in the wellness idea and curious if it makes for good meetings

Do weightwatchers have a proper app in Ireland now?

I'd suspect that they are all a little bit different depending on your leader.

I've been going to WW for over 20 years on and off and know my leader very well.

At the start you queue up to pay and then again to weigh in. Your weigh in is private and C (my leader) always has something positive to say to me whether it's up or down.

Some people leave at that point and some wait for the chat. C always has a topic or some tips for us and we usually have a laugh and it is all very light hearted. She never makes anyone share anything they don't want to but might say - and how are you getting on with the program Ann? You've lost 20 lbs now altogether. How does that make you feel? - something along those lines. This usually gets a clap and a chorus of ”Well done!"

I always leave feeling encouraged and motivated and determined to have a good week.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to hear how other meetings run too.

happyday wrote: »
    I'd suspect that they are all a little bit different depending on your leader.

I've been going to WW for over 20 years on and off and know my leader very well.

At the start you queue up to pay and then again to weigh in. Your weigh in is private and C (my leader) always has something positive to say to me whether it's up or down.

Some people leave at that point and some wait for the chat. C always has a topic or some tips for us and we usually have a laugh and it is all very light hearted. She never makes anyone share anything they don't want to but might say - and how are you getting on with the program Ann? You've lost 20 lbs now altogether. How does that make you feel? - something along those lines. This usually gets a clap and a chorus of ”Well done!"

I always leave feeling encouraged and motivated and determined to have a good week.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to hear how other meetings run too.

Thanks. General outline seems similar enough to slimming world so. Pay, Weigh in, sit for meeting. But the meeting is literally a go around the room ‘you are down’ clap clap, ‘you are up but down overall’ clap clap. ‘How are you going into next week’ and next person. Group has gotten bigger later so I’m just finding it a bit tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Thanks. General outline seems similar enough to slimming world so. Pay, Weigh in, sit for meeting. But the meeting is literally a go around the room ‘you are down’ clap clap, ‘you are up but down overall’ clap clap. ‘How are you going into next week’ and next person. Group has gotten bigger later so I’m just finding it a bit tedious
    For WW, it isn't generally a go around the room. Maybe one or two people who had a particularly good week, or who said something to the leader at the scales that she thinks would be good to share with the group. Maybe 5 mins max.
    Then it is on to the topic of the week, recent ones have been how to deal with bbqs, exercise, etc.

Also, it is a fixed length class, normally 1 hour total, 30 mins weigh in, 30 mins talk. I gather SW can go on a long time.

• Advertisement

For WW, it isn't generally a go around the room. Maybe one or two people who had a particularly good week, or who said something to the leader at the scales that she thinks would be good to share with the group. Maybe 5 mins max.
    Then it is on to the topic of the week, recent ones have been how to deal with bbqs, exercise, etc.

Also, it is a fixed length class, normally 1 hour total, 30 mins weigh in, 30 mins talk. I gather SW can go on a long time.

Yeah it can. I’m nervous of changing things up since it has gone quite well for me and I’ve made friends at group. And to be fair slimming worlds plan seems perhaps more sustainable long term. But I’m seriously attracted to a proper digital platform and more emphasis on wellness tbh. Definitely worth thinking about

Advertisement