Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Hello All,
    Starting back to WW. I weighted myself today and the number was awful :( So back to WW I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Can I ask what people's opinions are on having one "bad" day and being good the other 6? I know that moderation over 7 days is ideal, but I am the kind of person who can be really strict for 6 days if I know that say on a Saturday I can order a pizza and drink a bottle of chardonnay! :P Is it acceptable to save up points and then use them all in one go? I'd rather have one blowout and stay strict the rest of the week than have, for example, one treat a day.

OldNotWise When I did WW before that's what I did. Sunday was my cheat day and I saved up my weekly points and blew them all in one go.
    I
    'm starting back this week so I don't know how Smartpoints work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Can I ask what people's opinions are on having one "bad" day and being good the other 6? I know that moderation over 7 days is ideal, but I am the kind of person who can be really strict for 6 days if I know that say on a Saturday I can order a pizza and drink a bottle of chardonnay! :P Is it acceptable to save up points and then use them all in one go? I'd rather have one blowout and stay strict the rest of the week than have, for example, one treat a day.

I think a lot of people do that, I'm not very disciplined so I tend to avoid the big blowouts (Sometimes!) and use my weeklies 3 or 5 here and there throughout the week.

I think the main thing is that you make healthy food choices more often than less healthy choices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

You can do either those weeklies are all yours to use up as you please.

I've had a little hiccup today, I went to burgerking but I'm donating blood so I need the extra strength

• Advertisement

Morning !
    Today is day one.

Snacking in the evening is my downfall :( any tips ? I'm coeliac too which is a right pain in the bum

Jrop wrote: »
    Morning !
    Today is day one.

Snacking in the evening is my downfall :( any tips ? I'm coeliac too which is a right pain in the bum

For me snacking in the evening is habit rather than hunger. I use chewing gum, drinking lemon water or fruit to curb it.

Some how even with the BK im down 2.5!!! Delighted. Now for week 2

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Jrop wrote:
    Morning ! Today is day one.

Jrop wrote:
    Snacking in the evening is my downfall any tips ? I'm coeliac too which is a right pain in the bum

Jrop wrote:
    Morning ! Today is day one.

Jrop wrote:
    Snacking in the evening is my downfall any tips ? I'm coeliac too which is a right pain in the bum

Try and have a cut off time, so after 8 you don't eat. It's all boredom, try to keep yourself busy, take up a hobby, class or go for a walk, just to keep your mind off of food. And if you must snack, make it a healthy option like fruit with yoghurt. Great ideas on the ww Facebook page.

Thanks for the tips.

Weigh in this evening after a wedding the weekend.... ahhhhhhhhh hope everyone's weigh ins go as plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Re joined ww last night after a long break, had put back up 2 of the 4 stone I'd lost :( but it's better that than the full 4 and if I did it once I can do it again!
    Going to take a while to get used to the smartpoints though, didn't see any points guide to eating out. Can anyone recommend the best to have from a Chinese?!

Re joined ww last night after a long break, had put back up 2 of the 4 stone I'd lost but it's better that than the full 4 and if I did it once I can do it again! Going to take a while to get used to the smartpoints though, didn't see any points guide to eating out. Can anyone recommend the best to have from a Chinese?!

Well done on rejoining, that's the hardest thing to do. I avoid Chinese food, we don't seem to agree but if you search Google I'm sure you'll find an answer. There's always the closed group Facebook page if you're on Facebook which is amazing for support. Let me know and I'll send you on the link. The skinny doll website could also have an answer to your question. And if all else fails, text your leader, that's what they're there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Joolsie wrote: »
    Well done on rejoining, that's the hardest thing to do. I avoid Chinese food, we don't seem to agree but if you search Google I'm sure you'll find an answer. There's always the closed group Facebook page if you're on Facebook which is amazing for support. Let me know and I'll send you on the link. The skinny doll website could also have an answer to your question. And if all else fails, text your leader, that's what they're there for.

I'd love the link to the FB support group please?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Joolsie wrote: »

Would love the link! Thanks.

Would love the link! Thanks.

Hi sillymango, if you type in weight watchers Ireland, you'll see it, it's a closed group so you'll have to request to join it. The cover picture is of someone chopping cucumber I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Hi all, can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy the ww book with all the basic points etc other than going to a meeting, I prefer doing it by myself, hate weekly weigh ins etc, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy the ww book with all the basic points etc other than going to a meeting, I prefer doing it by myself, hate weekly weigh ins etc, thanks!

I think probably the only way would be to do the online option?

Just looked and my last post here was six months ago.
    Anyway, am starting back to attending meetings this week, so will be on here more often.

Best of luck everyone with weigh ins this week.

Ok, official WI done, so that's one hurdle over anyway.
    I need to get my head around SmartPoints now.

Im just back from holidays. Up 3lbs but it's worth it! I enjoyed every bite! Back on track now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

I'm a gold member and I went back to class last night for the first time in about 6 months. Had been weighing myself at home (but on a saturday morning) and was just about keeping within my 5lbs of goal but feeling of not actually being in control was pretty bad. Also got into a habit of weighing myself multiple times during the week and I found that the weight I am on a sat morning before breakfast & after my run was a couple of pounds lower at least than any other time, so I may have been kidding myself a little. I also switched to calorie counting for a while as it was easier to track on my phone, but what I found was the treats sneaking back in as it was easier to fit in my calories.

Since I got to goal 3.5 years ago I have found it difficult to find a class that suits me long term and it has resulted in me ending up over goal a few times. I always manage to bring it back but I am really hoping this class I found will suit me to go every single week.

So last night I weighed in at 7lbs over goal. Feel pretty motivated to get those 7lbs down by xmas. Weekends are my danger zone - weighing on a sat morning meant I usually went off the rails Sat/Sun so with the changed weigh in time I'm hoping it will motivate me to stick to my weeklies on a sat night only and stay on plan the rest of the time. Here goes nothing!

Best of luck everyone who has weigh in yet to come this week.

I have mine tonight. So far so good, am down 4.5lbs since restarting. Delighted with that tbh. Am not sure I have adjusted - in my head - to SmartPoints but hopefully getting there.

I've been stuffing my face for 2 days. Do you know why? Because I'm upset that I gained half a pound. Eating everything I can get my hands on is not going to help!! But I just want to eat everything

keesa wrote:
    I've been stuffing my face for 2 days. Do you know why? Because I'm upset that I gained half a pound. Eating everything I can get my hands on is not going to help!! But I just want to eat everything

Oh keesa what are we like, I'd a hen night and used it as an excuse to eat all round me too. It'll never end unless I give myself a boot up the behind, a size 14 boot

Anyone doing the countdown for Christmas in their class?

Another 1lb down for me tonight. Happy with that. Best of luck to everyone this week!

How's everyone doing? Have clocked up three loses in a row the last few weeks, however I'd say I'll be up tomorrow night 😂 the quicker Christmas is over the better.

LynnGrace wrote:
    Anyone doing the countdown for Christmas in their class?

LynnGrace wrote:
    Another 1lb down for me tonight. Happy with that. Best of luck to everyone this week!

Hi LynnGrace, I'm doing the Christmas countdown, last three weeks have been down, it'll be a plus tomorrow night though.

I want to eat EVERYTHING. Im not even that hungry but nothing has filled me for more than maybe 20 mins since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Has anyone done weight watchers online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone attends weight watchers in Tullamore. Just wondering what its like?

Advertisement