Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

Starting back at weight watchers after a break away. I joined 7 years ago and lost 3 stone in the space of a year. I managed to maintain it over the years until my last pregnancy. It's 10 months since the birth of my second child and I stlll have a stubborn stone to lose and need to get back into it. Looking forward to my journey and sharing it with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I reached two stone lost last week but put on one and a half pounds this week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I have just started on WW after having great success about 15 years ago, but 3 children (and a big birthday) later I need to get things under control again. I am in Australia and we do "smartpoints" so I have 23 a day and 35 weekly points as well. Today was only day one but I stayed on plan which for me is always the hardest bit, just to get started. I will be quitting my morning latte though, 3 points!
    Looking forward to chatting and losing with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I have just started on WW after having great success about 15 years ago, but 3 children (and a big birthday) later I need to get things under control again. I am in Australia and we do "smartpoints" so I have 23 a day and 35 weekly points as well. Today was only day one but I stayed on plan which for me is always the hardest bit, just to get started. I will be quitting my morning latte though, 3 points!
    Looking forward to chatting and losing with you all.

We do smartpoints here too! I'm on it about 3 months and IMO the smartpoints plan is much more maintainable that others I have tried. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Welcome Chocolate Fiend. You've made a good start. One day done and keep going.

I'm off on holidays on Sunday and only 2 lbs away from my goal weight. I really wanted to get back to it before I went away. I hope I don't put weight back on while I'm away as each pound lost is a huge effort when you are near goal and my age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Hi, just posting for a male friend. A guy who wants to lose some weight and thinks WW might work for him.
    He would prefer to go to a men-only class (which I think is the draw over slimming world) rather than a mixed group, at least until he gets into a weight loss routine and has built up a little more image confidence (plus i think he's worried he will bump into one of mt friends). Is there a big difference in how the classes are run?
    Any tips before he starts on this journey?

Call me Al wrote: »
    Hi, just posting for a male friend. A guy who wants to lose some weight and thinks WW might work for him.
    He would prefer to go to a men-only class (which I think is the draw over slimming world) rather than a mixed group, at least until he gets into a weight loss routine and has built up a little more image confidence (plus i think he's worried he will bump into one of mt friends). Is there a big difference in how the classes are run?
    Any tips before he starts on this journey?

I'm the only male in my class, it might be cliche but it really is just that first meeting that you have to get over. Nobody judges because everyone is in the same boat, so even if there are no men only classes near him I wouldnt let that put him off.

The only advice that I would give is that he would need to mentally be ready for it. You really have to be committed to it or else it wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I've gained half a stone, despite vast level of exercise. 12 miles one day between running and walking. No bad food...struggling a lot to get the balance right without meat.

I lost 2.8kg (6lbs in old money) which is good, but of course the first week is always the best. I would love to get a kilo a week or so, but that might not be sustainable. I don't have a HUGE amount to lose, but enough to know that if I keep at it I could be good by Christmas. I found it relatively easy this week because of the novelty factor.

I lost 2.8kg (6lbs in old money) which is good, but of course the first week is always the best. I would love to get a kilo a week or so, but that might not be sustainable. I don't have a HUGE amount to lose, but enough to know that if I keep at it I could be good by Christmas. I found it relatively easy this week because of the novelty factor.

Well done! may not be novelty, I find the smartpoint system much more manageable long term (only doing it 3 months mind you) but I dont feel like I am having to drastically change my eating habits to do so. 1kg per week will be very ambitious as weeks go by. Especially if you have weddings, birthdays, christenings, concerts, anniversaries etc before xmas. I would say to just take each week as it comes rather than focus on a point 5 months in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does anyone know if the Cauliflower Rice from Aldi is free? trying to plan dinner but don't have it in front of me to check. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭JDERIC2017

Hey, is it ok to change class if one is closer to you??

Down 3.5lbs this week! thrilled with that. 1.5lbs to goal weight so motivation is through the roof at the min!

Down 3.5lbs this week! thrilled with that. 1.5lbs to goal weight so motivation is through the roof at the min!

Go you.! Keep it up.

JDERIC2017 wrote: »
    Hey, is it ok to change class if one is closer to you??

Yes. You can go to any class that suits you.

Down 1.2 kilos this week, so 4 kilos in total, feeling very motivated and not at all deprived, I am eating better than I ever have.

Was only down half a pound this week. Still 1 pound to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Hi there - Just wondering if there's a link to a Weight Watchers thread or forum having to do with the (somewhat) new Flex Programme, using Smart Points.

I've just (re)joined WW yesterday, feeling motivated and enthusiastic and just wanted to find some other WW members who are using the Flex/Smart Points system.

Thanks in advance.

filmifan wrote: »
    Hi there - Just wondering if there's a link to a Weight Watchers thread or forum having to do with the (somewhat) new Flex Programme, using Smart Points.

I've just (re)joined WW yesterday, feeling motivated and enthusiastic and just wanted to find some other WW members who are using the Flex/Smart Points system.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK everyone here is using SmartPoints.

I don't think there is another thread on Boards.

Good luck with your first week.

I have fallen off the wagon! I came back from holidays in July and had put on 1.5lbs. I was delighted with that as I had eaten and drank what I wanted when I was away.

The problem is that I continued that way and now have about 5 more lbs on. I'm finding it hard to get back on track. :-(

• Advertisement

Thanks, happyday - I realise now that it was a strange request to ask for another WW board that was using the Smart Points/Flex programme, as that's what everyone is now using when they changed/updated the programme.

Note to self: D'oh!

Day Two on the new (to me) programme, and I'm feeling very focused, motivated and encouraged, and have just come back from another walk.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday evening's weigh-in...something I dreaded doing last Wednesday evening (but had to be done, as my comfort eating was getting out of control).

welcome filmfan, I have been doing the new programme for just over 7 weeks now and I have lost 20lbs it works so well for me. I have had my glasses of wine and have never felt hungry at all. It is a really great programme.

Thanks very much for the warm welcome, Chocolate Fiend.

Delighted for you that you're doing so well - 20 pounds off in 7 weeks is brilliant. I'm hoping I'll be able to have that much off in so short a time, too.

I've a question for you and everyone in the forum who would know way better than me (being a newbie with the new Flex/Smart Points plan), and that's about using 'rollover' our daily SmartPoints.

I've been given a daily SmartPoint 'allowance' of 23 points. But so far (and it's Week 1, Day 6 - with tomorrow being my meeting/weigh-in day), I've not gone over my daily allowance. Which means - and correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, please - that any left over SmartPoints can be/could be used the following day.

But what if, on every day of that week - or any week, for that matter - I still continue to not use up all my daily SmartPoints, and there are left over daily SmartPoints from each previous day. Are they accumulated as the days (of that particular week) go on? Or am I to only use the previous day's daily SmartPoints that are left over, onto only the very next day?

This is where I'm a bit lost - okay...confused about. :P

If I have only used 20 or 21 daily Smart Points on each of the seven days, and have 1 or 2 or even 3 remaining/left over daily Smart Points, do I continue to accumulate each of those left over daily Smart Points as the week progresses (if I've not used them that next day, I mean)? :confused:

I know and understand that if I don't use any of my weekly SmartPoints that particular week, they're 'gone' for that week. A 'use them or lose them' scenario. I completely get that. It's not the weekly Smart Points thing that I'm finding a bit confusing, but the daily SmartPoints.

But what I mean is within the week itself...if I have left over daily SmartPoints every single day of that particular week, do those remaining Smart Points carry over not just for the very next day, but throughout the remainder of that week?:confused:

I hope I'm explaining what I mean clearly and that I'm making sense. I wish I could show you my tracker sheet/journal, to show you what I mean.:rolleyes:

Forgive me in advance if I'm talking too much or asking a no-brainer question...:o

And thanks for taking the time to read through this mini-novella and with any help you can give me. I could, of course, ask my leader/coach tomorrow, but I'm slightly embarrassed (can you tell?) that I don't quite get this 'rollover' daily Points thing completely.

That was a long post alright!

You can rollover up to 4 SmartPoints a day and use them any time later in that week.

I was the exact same filmifan, being a guy, I had a decent amount of points to begin with and would never use them all so couldnt believe that I could carry over so many points on top of my weekly points.

The only thing is, and maybe its just me, but after the initial rush of seeing the weight going down, you start settling back to routine and end up doing a lot of mental sums to make sure that you arent going over your points for the day!

Sorry about that, happyday, for my long-windedness with that post yesterday. :P I get like that when I'm super enthusiastic. I'll try to keep it a lot less lengthy from here on out. :o

Thanks for explaining it to me - short and sweet and simple.

Tonight's my first proper weigh-in since rejoining. I'm pretty confident that there will be a nice first week loss when I step on that scale...here's hoping. :)

Thanks for replying, Snakeweasel. Glad it wasn't just me thinking that 'wow...that's a LOT of points I'm being given!'
    As I've been so 'good' this entire week, and not once going over my daily SmartPoints allowance, I'm going to use all the weekly SmartPoints, plus the extra rollover SmartPoints, and treat myself to an Indian takeaway tonight. As I've got a whopping 42 weekly
    SmartPoints to 'spend,' plus the rollovers that I've accumulated, I doubt very very highly that getting a takeaway of vegetarian biryani would in any way go over the limit, just for this one evening.
    That's what those weekly SmartPoints are there for, right?

Absolutely Filmifan and I hope the weigh in went well for you.

I got my mojo back and was down 1.5lbs this week. I'm going back to work this week after the summer so routine will make things easier I hope.

I find it very hard to have points to rollover so well done on that.

No need to apologise for a long post. It's good to see this thread becoming more active. We can all help each other to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

I got to goal back in 2013 and managed to maintain pretty well with a few ups and downs until this past year. I have been all over the place. Got back to within 5lbs of goal a few times (last time in June) but I haven't seen my goal weight in over a year.

Currently 10.5lbs over goal and on a mission to get back. Was meant to get back to class next Thursday but I have a work trip I can't miss so going to try do it on my own for 2 more weeks before getting back to class. Hopefully can lose a couple more lbs before then.

• Advertisement

Hi zedhead. I'm at about the same point as you. I'm a gold member but have about 9lbs to lose to get back to goal. I haven't been at my goal weight in ages and I'd love to get back there again.

Advertisement