Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

gragirl wrote: »
    Hey Guys - I read your posts alot but don't contribute very often. But the shock of what I learned last night at WW meeting is motivating me - perhaps you know this already! Those of you who go to meetings will be familiar with the WW Rich Toffee bars for 2pp. Our leader casually mentioned, as if we all should know this, 2bars = 5pp. I was horrified and I'm in meetings for over two years and have never heard this. I doubted so much and am just after googling to discover the nutritional data and calculate myself and yes 2bars = 5pp. Most evenings I save 4pp for my "treat" of 2 WW bars with a cuppa but this could have me as much as 7pp a week over what I thought I was doing. GUTTED!

Same thing has happened to me on numerous occasions, and like you I felt sick! One of worst for me was pointing nutricious bars at 1pp instead of 4pp for the guts of 2 weeks! At least with you, it was only a 1 pp difference, it could have been worse, could have been a 3pp difference like me! Funny thing was, I still lost as normal those 2 weeks so I don't think it'll have made a huge difference to your weight loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Taz1 wrote: »

Here goes!!

Tomato Soup

I only tried this for the first time the other day, as I'm sick of the sight of butternut squash. Its really tasty and easy to make!

Amazing soup ! I made this today for the family and we all thought it was incredible.

Two things though - there's no need for two tins of chopped tomatoes, one is plenty. Also; I threw in loads of chopped fennel. Makes a huge difference! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI
    I just WW recently, I dont want to mess up and really want to loose weight by Christmas.

Can I just confirm that carrots, onions, sugar snap peas, canned tomatoes, celery, leeks, turnip, peppers, broccli, celeric, butternut squash, carrots, are all free and therefore can be ate in any quantities per day, through soups or stir frys.

And that spices including curry powder up to one table spoon are free.

Thnaks lots
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

Hey, Just wondering does anyone have any tips for exercise? I did a brisk 30min walk this evening around the area but I 'm just looking to know of any other suggestions - not swimming (I can do it, and I'm good at it but I just don't feel comfortable in a swim suit).

I heard of the couch to 5k program, any one else know of it????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

molly09 wrote: »
    HI
    I just WW recently, I dont want to mess up and really want to loose weight by Christmas.

Can I just confirm that carrots, onions, sugar snap peas, canned tomatoes, celery, leeks, turnip, peppers, broccli, celeric, butternut squash, carrots, are all free and therefore can be ate in any quantities per day, through soups or stir frys.

And that spices including curry powder up to one table spoon are free.

Thnaks lots
    M

Yes, that is correct. Those vegetables are all free despite the quantities used. I would recommend that you still be mindful of portion sizes though.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey, Just wondering does anyone have any tips for exercise? I did a brisk 30min walk this evening around the area but I 'm just looking to know of any other suggestions - not swimming (I can do it, and I'm good at it but I just don't feel comfortable in a swim suit).

I did it last year. I got to week 5 or 6 and then got sick, neglected it and pretty much gave up. Really wished I had of stuck with it now, but I will definitely return to it again, once I am a bit lighter. I found my calves really hurt and I am guessing that is because of all the weight pounding down on them. It is a great sense of achievement when you complete a week. If you find one day or one week really hard, just re-do until you are a bit more comfortable. If you can't do week 1 day 1 after 2 attempts, you are probably going too fast. I know I slowed it right down and my brish walk was probably faster than my jog. Best of luck :) There is a Couch to 5K thread in the Ladies Lounge forum and in the Training Logs forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056185465

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056143231&page=62

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I started the couch to 5k program 2 years ago then realised i was pregnant, but have to say thought it was really good, i can run alot better since my weight loss and the sense of achievement when you complete your first 5k is great you should give it a try. I have some workout dvds i find good on the nights i cant get out. I have a zumba dvd love it gives me a real buzz, best of luck on you weight loss journey, you'll be rocking that swim suit in no time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Same thing has happened to me on numerous occasions, and like you I felt sick! One of worst for me was pointing nutricious bars at 1pp instead of 4pp for the guts of 2 weeks! At least with you, it was only a 1 pp difference, it could have been worse, could have been a 3pp difference like me! Funny thing was, I still lost as normal those 2 weeks so I don't think it'll have made a huge difference to your weight loss!

I hear you on it being 1pp and not so bad. I guess as I get closer to goal and have to work harder though (1st 12 to go) then this will add up. I was talking to a fellow WW buddy and we both concluded, yes we love propoints, but bring back the half point. That way we'd avoid all confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I started couch to 5k with my local AC in March of this year - if you don't want to try it alone alot of AC's are doing this to encourage runners. In May we did our first 5k. Since then I have completed three 10k - I may not be the fastest but this is about personal achievements. For me the support of the club, the advice and tips are invaluable. I felt if I did it alone, I'd give up after a week knowing my personality. I've made new friends. I go twice a week. And nothing tastes as good as the feeling after a hard training in what I've achieved. The only investment needed really to take up running is a decent pair of runners. It has changed my body shape - even though my weight loss is now abit slower because of the muscle - I've toned in a way walking just wasn't doing. This all from the fat girl, who never exercised - I now finally have a healthy addiction! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 1/2 lb today which I'll take after 2 bad days last week. I love this time of year as it seems to be when I lose the weight easier for some reason!

Orange Varnish you should give the C25K a go as running is supposed to be great for weight loss. I was like you I was afraid to go swimming but if you go to an adults session honestly no-one even cares. Everyone is there for a purpose i.e. to exercise or lose weight. I even had a lifeguard who was very supportive of my goal to lose weight. My personal favourite form of exercise is exercise DVDs as I find they're great for targeting the whole body and you can't use the rain as an excuse. I know some people may not like them though.

For all the newbies starting out be careful when pointing things as a lot of things require an extra point for multiples e.g. a lot of breads are 2pp for one slice but 5pp for 2 slices. Double check everything. I was never told by my leader about this and I was shocked when I discovered it. It should be something that is reminded in every class.

• Advertisement

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Amazing soup ! I made this today for the family and we all thought it was incredible.

Two things though - there's no need for two tins of chopped tomatoes, one is plenty. Also; I threw in loads of chopped fennel. Makes a huge difference! :)

Glad you liked it, its my new favourite! I found the two tins of tomatoes quite good for making a bigger serving size as I divided it into about 8 small tubs and froze half of it! I've never used or tasted fennel before, what does it add to it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

Monife wrote: »
    I did it last year. I got to week 5 or 6 and then got sick, neglected it and pretty much gave up. Really wished I had of stuck with it now, but I will definitely return to it again, once I am a bit lighter. I found my calves really hurt and I am guessing that is because of all the weight pounding down on them. It is a great sense of achievement when you complete a week. If you find one day or one week really hard, just re-do until you are a bit more comfortable. If you can't do week 1 day 1 after 2 attempts, you are probably going too fast. I know I slowed it right down and my brish walk was probably faster than my jog. Best of luck :) There is a Couch to 5K thread in the Ladies Lounge forum and in the Training Logs forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056185465

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056143231&page=62
    I started the couch to 5k program 2 years ago then realised i was pregnant, but have to say thought it was really good, i can run alot better since my weight loss and the sense of achievement when you complete your first 5k is great you should give it a try. I have some workout dvds i find good on the nights i cant get out. I have a zumba dvd love it gives me a real buzz, best of luck on you weight loss journey, you'll be rocking that swim suit in no time :D
    I started couch to 5k with my local AC in March of this year - if you don't want to try it alone alot of AC's are doing this to encourage runners. In May we did our first 5k. Since then I have completed three 10k - I may not be the fastest but this is about personal achievements. For me the support of the club, the advice and tips are invaluable. I felt if I did it alone, I'd give up after a week knowing my personality. I've made new friends. I go twice a week. And nothing tastes as good as the feeling after a hard training in what I've achieved. The only investment needed really to take up running is a decent pair of runners. It has changed my body shape - even though my weight loss is now abit slower because of the muscle - I've toned in a way walking just wasn't doing. This all from the fat girl, who never exercised - I now finally have a healthy addiction! :D
    Eabhabear wrote: »

Orange Varnish you should give the C25K a go as running is supposed to be great for weight loss. I was like you I was afraid to go swimming but if you go to an adults session honestly no-one even cares. Everyone is there for a purpose i.e. to exercise or lose weight. I even had a lifeguard who was very supportive of my goal to lose weight. My personal favourite form of exercise is exercise DVDs as I find they're great for targeting the whole body and you can't use the rain as an excuse. I know some people may not like them though.

Thanks everyone! :D I'm really looking forward to it - I ended up finding the C25K thread in the Ladies Lounge too, am having trouble syncing my ipod to the podcasts though - any suggestions anyone????

I'm determined to lose the flab, started back at WW last week, had an atrocious first few days (no one but my self to blame) but restarted yesterday and went for a brisk walk! Roll on...or rather rolls away! :D

Down .5 tonight, I'll definately take that! Wasn't a great week but tried hard none the less! Good luck to every1 with this weeks WIs..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I started running too and I am loving it!
    Only up to 6K at the moment and that's on a treadmill at the gym, but my personal goal is to run 10K at the gym and then get out on the road!

My weight loss has slowed to stopping but I do feel much fitter - and I'd do anything to get rid of the flab!! Especially my belly - I just can't seem to shift it and it's getting me down!

Any tips guys?? I'll do anything at this stage!!!!!

My weight loss has slowed to stopping but I do feel much fitter - and I'd do anything to get rid of the flab!! Especially my belly - I just can't seem to shift it and it's getting me down!

Any tips guys?? I'll do anything at this stage!!!!![/QUOTE]

I have no tips unfortuately but i have the same problem, have lost 2 1/2 stone but still when i look at my tummy it really gets me down. I have two kids and had them both by c section and so many people tell me 'Ah thats your babies you wont get rid of that' but there has to be a way. Did read somewhere recently that the tummy is lot to do with the foods you are eating also, but when i looked into it, there was alot of high propoints foods like nuts, avocados etc so i would really love some help with this too. Was also reading an article on Jessica Ennis how to get her abs and it talked alot about heavy weight training it was on the independent website you might find it there

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

that time of the year!!!!
    hi everyone, haven't posted for a while but spent last couple of days catching up on all the posts and it seems like we're all trying to get back into the swing of things after the summer (as usual) i Cant remember who posted about being the same weight as they were in may, well i can join you there i now weigh more than i did in June and am so pi**ed of with myself as i promised myself this summer would be different

Anyway back to class last Wed and up 3 so fingers crossed for tomorrow and best of luck to everyone this week. here's to getting back on track

I have no tips unfortuately but i have the same problem, have lost 2 1/2 stone but still when i look at my tummy it really gets me down. I have two kids and had them both by c section and so many people tell me 'Ah thats your babies you wont get rid of that' but there has to be a way. Did read somewhere recently that the tummy is lot to do with the foods you are eating also, but when i looked into it, there was alot of high propoints foods like nuts, avocados etc so i would really love some help with this too. Was also reading an article on Jessica Ennis how to get her abs and it talked alot about heavy weight training it was on the independent website you might find it there[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there must be a way. I know your muscles can get damaged which can lead to saggy skin, but I've never had kids and I still have a horrible saggy belly, and as you say, it really does get me down.
    I've lost about the same amount of weight and I am so happy with that but I can see my horrible belly all the time and I'll never be able to wear a bikini which is really sad.

I've been exercising for over a year now and recently took up running in a big way but I'm still seeing no difference in my tum.
    :(

I'm sure lots of folks on here have the same problem - there must be a way to deal with this that doesn't involve surgery!!!

Quick question folks - I have Hovis Nimble bread with me today - is it 3 pp for the 2 slices?

Just want to confirm.

Thank you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

[/QUOTE]I have no tips unfortuately but i have the same problem, have lost 2 1/2 stone but still when i look at my tummy it really gets me down. I have two kids and had them both by c section and so many people tell me 'Ah thats your babies you wont get rid of that' but there has to be a way. Did read somewhere recently that the tummy is lot to do with the foods you are eating also, but when i looked into it, there was alot of high propoints foods like nuts, avocados etc so i would really love some help with this too. Was also reading an article on Jessica Ennis how to get her abs and it talked alot about heavy weight training it was on the independent website you might find it there[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I lost loads of weight before on ww, the old system, went from 14 st 9lb to 10st 3lbs and did loads of exercise, gyming etc and I NEVER lost the belly weight. I just carry all my weight around my middle. I'm up a stone now after 2 kids AND 2 sections and it's not remotely in my mind that I'll ever be happy with my belly. I just want to look good in CLOTHES! ;)

Try not to focus on it so much, those hollywood princesses have a lot of time and money to achieve the bodies they have, you have 2 kids and a hubby! Focus on how good you DO look and there's nothing wrong with a one piece! How often are you on the beach anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone,

Ive just updated my blog with a recipe for Chinese style steaks with rice for 8 Weightwatchers Propoints. This is gorgeous for lunch. I hope your all doing well and have good wi. Here's the link to my blog. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-style-chinese.html Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

ellee wrote: »
    I have no tips unfortuately but i have the same problem, have lost 2 1/2 stone but still when i look at my tummy it really gets me down. I have two kids and had them both by c section and so many people tell me 'Ah thats your babies you wont get rid of that' but there has to be a way. Did read somewhere recently that the tummy is lot to do with the foods you are eating also, but when i looked into it, there was alot of high propoints foods like nuts, avocados etc so i would really love some help with this too. Was also reading an article on Jessica Ennis how to get her abs and it talked alot about heavy weight training it was on the independent website you might find it there[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I lost loads of weight before on ww, the old system, went from 14 st 9lb to 10st 3lbs and did loads of exercise, gyming etc and I NEVER lost the belly weight. I just carry all my weight around my middle. I'm up a stone now after 2 kids AND 2 sections and it's not remotely in my mind that I'll ever be happy with my belly. I just want to look good in CLOTHES! ;)

Try not to focus on it so much, those hollywood princesses have a lot of time and money to achieve the bodies they have, you have 2 kids and a hubby! Focus on how good you DO look and there's nothing wrong with a one piece! How often are you on the beach anyway?[/QUOTE]

Hey, i also have 2 children and had 2 sections. It was described to me like this. If you buy a plastic bag it looks perfect. If you use it even once, it loose its shape and you never get it back to the way it was. Now if the back rips you definitely wont get to use it again.

On the other, Victoria Beckham had 4 sections, possible one of the skinniest women anywhere. You never see her in a bikini or anything that shows her tummy, because she had sections and children.

I wouldn't worry about it, we live in Ireland, the importunity to get our bellies out is very limited, maybe that's one perk to living in such a wet country.

I think your doing really well. Just keep up the good work!

On the other, Victoria Beckham had 4 sections, possible one of the skinniest women anywhere. You never see her in a bikini or anything that shows her tummy, because she had sections and children.

I wouldn't worry about it, we live in Ireland, the importunity to get our bellies out is very limited, maybe that's one perk to living in such a wet country.

I think your doing really well. Just keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

For me its not the getting my belly out id just like it for myself, ah sure a girl can dream ;)

ccseli wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Ive just updated my blog with a recipe for Chinese style steaks with rice for 8 Weightwatchers Propoints. This is gorgeous for lunch. I hope your all doing well and have good wi. Here's the link to my blog. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-style-chinese.html Thanks everyone.

That looks yum and so handy, thanks for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Glad you liked it, its my new favourite! I found the two tins of tomatoes quite good for making a bigger serving size as I divided it into about 8 small tubs and froze half of it! I've never used or tasted fennel before, what does it add to it?!

Thank you for the recipe, I made it this evening again!

I can't really describe the taste of fennel really, other than its kind of peppery. Just adds a kick. If you google "tomato and fennel" loads of soups come up and they say one compliments the other! I got the idea from a local restaurant. They always have "tomato and fennel" soup on :)

If you like blueberry and banana muffins there's a lovely recipe which I have in the weight watchers book! I bake them regularly :)

Hi

Just wondering how many pp in a bag of walkers little stars crisps?

Thanks for the help:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how many pp in a bag of walkers little stars crisps?

Thanks for the help:-)

3PP :) The same as the regular Walkers Baked.

Thanks Monife, I dont know why I thought that they were less than the baked. I have to say teh sweet chilli flavour are really nice. Mush go back to teh velvets for the 2pp now though:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Tayto Snax are only 2pp and much nicer imo than the velvet crisps.

I am trying to find 0% fat greek yogurt, it seems to be in alot of recipes but i cant find it without a flavour, muller do a coconut one that is good for curries but I want a natural one for deserts. anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I am trying to find 0% fat greek yogurt, it seems to be in alot of recipes but i cant find it without a flavour, muller do a coconut one that is good for curries but I want a natural one for deserts. anyone any ideas?

If you can't find 0% fat Greek yogurt try Onken Fat Free Natural Yogurt. It's delicious - I eat it pretty much every day! It's in all supermarkets. 150g is only 1pp :)

Advertisement