Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Then what has burning a Polish flag got to do with it?

Their enshrined sectarianism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Then what has burning a Polish flag got to do with it?

Ask the idiots burning it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

theyll probably spurts something about polamic ray guns lol :pac:

theyll probably spurts something about polamic ray guns lol :pac:

Well even weirder they claimed that this was a victimization of the loyalist community. I think its time that these people were put in their place alongside people from the deep south in america from the 1940s and other white trash nazi groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Their enshrined sectarianism.

So the burning of union flags in Dublin shows that Irish republicans hate the British.

Glad we clarified that.

• Advertisement

So the burning of union flags in Dublin shows that Irish republicans hate the British.

Glad we clarified that.

It may or may not, however, we are talking about AN ORGANISATION having sectarianism at the heart of why they exist. This is not about individual likes or dislikes. Even if you could point to a republican, officially sanctioned organisation doing similar to the OO, it DOES NOT excuse the OO which is what this thread is about. :rolleyes:
    What is your problem with understanding that point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Glad we clarified that.

Trying to deflect for the OO? New low there Fred.

Glad we clarified that.

No condemnation fred? The north doesn compare to dublin in the slightest in terms of sectarianisim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It may or may not, however, we are talking about AN ORGANISATION having sectarianism at the heart of why they exist.

One amongst many. As long as they don't harm anyone else, no bother.

Nodin wrote: »
    Trying to deflect for the OO? New low there Fred.

Not deflecting, I've no time for the OO, but trying to claim that one idiot burning a Polish flag means the OO are anti Polish is just sensationalism and does the arguement no favours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not deflecting, I've no time for the OO, but trying to claim that one idiot burning a Polish flag means the OO are anti Polish is just sensationalism and does the arguement no favours.

There was more than one at it.

alastair wrote: »
    One amongst many.

What other officially recognised, organisation has sectarianism at the heart of what they are about? Please supply sources, not hearsay or biased perceptions.
    And please tell us how the OO are not harming anyone?

Could you try dealing with the actual 'argument'? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They are a bigoted bitter bunch.

Can't stand them. Sad bástards.

You see Fred you have missed the issue here. If one idiot burnt the union flag and he was condemed thats fair enough. However if one idiot burnt a union flag and the Irish governments reposnse was "this criticism is just vicitmising the Irish people" then we as a soceity would have a Problem. This is what is going on day in day out in the north And fred I dont mind saying its people who say whataboutthis ect and fail to adress the issue are the reason why the north is stuck in the past.

just seen on the bbc newsline that yesterday a loyalist band stoped at a catholic church to sing the famine song and to have a little march. wtf is wrong with these people, and they claim there not sectarian.

dont know how to upload links, maybe someone else could

Well my thoughts on it are they should be banned,its a song of provocation what they want is a riot,what they are doing is trying to provoke a riot and stir up strong emotions in people,thats what they effectively do every july the 12th..

Its time dublin put their foot down and not allow any sort of loyalist groups to march and sing their songs of provocation..

Its going to for one,cost a lot in the aftermath with the clean up after a riot and smash and grab oppurtunistic thieves..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

the orange order is a dying beast.......slowly being starved of the hatred that feeds it.....

the only reason they want to come to dublin is because of our reception,they seem to love winding people up,and ya youre right over the years the north of ireland is a lot more peaceful and i bet they hate that those old bigots..

What other officially recognised, organisation has sectarianism at the heart of what they are about? Please supply sources, not hearsay or biased perceptions.
    And please tell us how the OO are not harming anyone?

Opus Dei
    The Order of the Knights of Saint Columbanus
    Royal Black Preceptory
    The Associated Clubs of the Apprentice Boys of Derry
    and pretty much any conservative religious organisation which discriminates against those outside their fold.

There's obviously some harm done by members of the Orange Order, and that should be highlighted and tackled, but that's a far cry from saying the entire organisation - sectarian ethos included - is institutionally harmful. It's obviously not.

Opus Dei
    The Order of the Knights of Saint Columbanus
    Please show us where and how the above express sectarianism, where they depict and target another religion as heretical and despotic?

There's obviously some harm done by members of the Orange Order, and that should be highlighted and tackled, but that's a far cry from saying the entire organisation - sectarian ethos included - is institutionally harmful. It's obviously not.
    It's fairly obvious that you have never been on the recieving end of bigoted, sectarian discrimination. What you don't seem to realise is that the constitution and ethos of this organisation validates and vindicates sectarian acts.
    And I fail to see how comments like the above don't make you a 'sympathiser' with the OO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

the orange order should be ignored.....let it die its painfull death.........

it is out of touch with reality.......as are its members..

It's fairly obvious that you have never been on the recieving end of bigoted, sectarian discrimination. What you don't seem to realise is that the constitution and ethos of this organisation validates and vindicates sectarian acts.

The ethos of the organisation might well validate sectarian acts, but that doesn't imply it validates any harmful actions.
    And I fail to see how comments like the above don't make you a 'sympathiser' with the OO.

Sorry about your failure of comprehension, but that's not down to me. I've already told you that I've no truck with their opinions or ethos, and you'll just have to take that as a given.

The ethos of the organisation might well validate sectarian acts, but that doesn't imply it validates any harmful actions.

Sorry about your failure of comprehension, but that's not down to me. I've already told you that I've no truck with their opinions or ethos, and you'll just have to take that as a given.

You admit that they are a sectarian organisation. You fail to seek or call for a change to the constitution which validates and vindicates this, which means you are happy for the sectarianism to continue. That makes you sympathetic to the OO's survival. No comprehension problems here, a spade is a spade.

You admit that they are a sectarian organisation. You fail to seek or call for a change to the constitution which validates and vindicates this, which means you are happy for the sectarianism to continue. That makes you sympathetic to the OO's survival. No comprehension problems here, a spade is a spade.

Or black is white? You're talking through your hat. Like I say - sectarianism isn't monopolised by the OO, and we can't just wish away groups with sectarian outlooks, so best to focus on dealing with harmful acts rather than imagine you can coerce opinions - institutional or otherwise.

the orange order should be ignored.....let it die its painfull death.........

it is out of touch with reality.......as are its members..

Exactly.

Trouble is, they always find an audience who can't wait to take offence.

Exactly.

Trouble is, they always find an audience who can't wait to take offence.

Sorry Fred I used to think you were an intelligent fair poster unlike people like Kieth afc or whoever but you basically think the trouble with people who "sing go home the famines over" and burn polish and Irish flags is the audience always takes offence? Its opinions like this that fuel and excuse the bigotry in the north.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry Fred I used to think you were an intelligent fair poster unlike people like Kieth afc or whoever but you basically think the trouble with people who "sing go home the famines over" and burn polish and Irish flags is the audience always takes offence? Its opinions like this that fuel and excuse the bigotry in the north.

no, I think they are a bunch of supremicists who enjoy provoking a reaction from people. Ignore them and they will get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

no, I think they are a bunch of supremicists who enjoy provoking a reaction from people. Ignore them and they will get bored.

A bit like alastair!

Have you noticed though in his posts how he never quite admits to being a member of/or very close to the OO.

I thought all OO members/associates were very proud, and rightly so, of who they are?

Maybe he doesn't want to be 'outed' down south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

kr7 wrote: »
    A bit like alastair!

Have you noticed though in his posts how he never quite admits to being a member of/or very close to the OO.

I thought all OO members/associates were very proud, and rightly so, of who they are?

Maybe he doesn't want to be 'outed' down south.

He is steeped in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

woodoo wrote: »
    He is steeped in it.

Probably the most obnoxious, bitter, s**t stirring poster on boards.

Pick any thread on boards that he posts on and he's there trolling away to his little orange heart's content.

A real 'keyboard warrior' behind closed doors but in the open he keeps his head down, real low!

Advertisement