Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

I can't understand the surprise about Polish flags. They burned tricolours one EVERY bonfire and now people are shocked that Polish flags were on one or two.
    Polish people were never welcome in loyalist areas and they know to avoid estates with English and British flags. Strangely the Chinese seem to be able to live within loyalist estates without much hassle, I could never understand that.
    chinese intergrate well into any society,uncontroversial and most people like them, is there estates in northern ireland with english flags ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

The whole flag burning thing of the polish flag just shows us what a shower of scumbags the orange order is.. they will never integrate with society.

scum of the fúcking earth... i noticed the few followers/sympathisers on here have kept their traps shut lately.. hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

neil_hosey wrote: »
    i noticed the few followers/sympathisers on here have kept their traps shut lately.. hilarious

I noticed no followers/sympathisers on here - hilarious.

alastair wrote: »
    I noticed no followers/sympathisers on here - hilarious.

i wasnt talking about you..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Heard Orange men were burning Polish flags. Anybody any links?
    :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

i wasnt talking about you..

Did I say you were? I still haven't seen any OO followers/sympathisers on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wasn't there a bit of trouble last time Poland played northern Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

scum of the fúcking earth... i noticed the few followers/sympathisers on here have kept their traps shut lately.. hilarious

Plenty of mealy mouthed fear of calling a spade a spade.
    Call it for what it is, and let the OO defend their position. As governments, create the circumstances where it is indefensible, don't ignore it and hope it goes away, it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭looper333

On the grapevine and from good sources, there will be an upsurge of activity in preventing these sectarian bastards from parading around the streets of Ireland next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

looper333 wrote: »
    On the grapevine and from good sources, there will be an upsurge of activity in preventing these sectarian bastards from parading around the streets of Ireland next year.

There always was. Residents will be beaten off the street in Ardoyne, Garvaghy Road and the Springfield by the police as per usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I can't understand the surprise about Polish flags. They burned tricolours one EVERY bonfire and now people are shocked that Polish flags were on one or two.
    Polish people were never welcome in loyalist areas and they know to avoid estates with English and British flags. Strangely the Chinese seem to be able to live within loyalist estates without much hassle, I could never understand that.

I can. No Catholic/Pope links.

getz wrote: »
    chinese intergrate well into any society,uncontroversial and most people like them, is there estates in northern ireland with english flags ?

That england flag with a red hand and a crown used to represent "Norlernn Irelann" also their english royal flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd imagine it's more a case that the Chinese don't come from what is at least nominally, a Catholic country.

That england flag with a red hand and a crown used to represent "Norlernn Irelann" also their english royal flag.
    is that anything like the RNLI flag thats flown in the irish republic ?

I'd imagine it's more a case that the Chinese don't come from what is at least nominally, a Catholic country.
    and also there are a lot of them from hong kong,formally a british colony.

Maybe the OO just like swans?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Getz I dont think looking into the hierarchy of bigotry is a valid pursuit. Not hating one group for one reason and hating another for no valid reason do not afford them any sense of normality.

Sure aren't the Taigs from Ireland, formerly a British colony?

Anyway - the idiots are an equal-opportunity outfit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jan/10/northernireland.race

is that anything like the RNLI flag thats flown in the irish republic ?

No one is used by life savers, one is used by sectarian bigotted bástards..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

3rd in Belfast Telegraph - 'Bigotry and hatred' behind burning of Polish flags in Belfast must stop, warns group
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/bigotry-and-hatred-behind-burning-of-polish-flags-in-belfast-must-stop-warns-group-16187003.html

interesting link. the comments are even more insightful. you have the usual bitching about Johnny Foreigner coming over taking their benefits, but also some unionists and possibly OO men condemning the flag burning.

for example
    "I am a Unionist, and I find the burning of the Polish national flag on 11th night bonfires absolutely disgusting, there is no excuse for this behaviour, sectarian, bigoted, racist or other, it is wrong, end of story.
    There is no place for burning any flags on any bonfire, loyalist, republican or other, grow up, stop acting like idiots because all you do is bring shame to Northern Ireland / Ireland.
    Tolerance, Respect, Understanding & Equality = A future for all."

or

"Despicable behaviour. But why are some now condemning the Orange Order for some idiot putting a Polish flag on a bonfire?

I would put my mortgage on whoever did that not being in the OO.

Unbelievable how some just place blame on the OO,

I heard a Catholic around us was charged with theft from our local shop... the GAA should be condemned for this, appalling behaviour from the organisation... ie this was probably nothing to do with an Orangeman, just an idiot"

out of curiosity has the First minister condemned it?

• Advertisement

the IT did a feature a year or two back, where a French language assistant was forced out of there state when the residents saw her French car.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    out of curiosity has the First minister condemned it?

Yes. He said he didn't understand why loyalists behaved in this way when Polish people were always welcome in loyalist estates... total bull****.

He said "I ask myself how would I feel if that was my flag" but dodged the wider issue of burning tricolours.

the IT did a feature a year or two back, where a French language assistant was forced out of there state when the residents saw her French car.

In fairness I hate french cars too. Nothing but hassle :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Peter Robinson showed how far they have yet to come in NI. He condemned the burning of the polish flag but not the Irish one. That from the First Minister in northern ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

woodoo wrote: »
    Peter Robinson showed how far they have yet to come in NI. He condemned the burning of the polish flag but not the Irish one. That from the First Minister in northern ireland.

Maybe he is waiting for the D.F.M. to condemn the burning of "the other sides " flags at the interment day bonfires.

woodoo wrote: »

if we examine the tricolour issue then we should examine our hatred towards the British flag which could not be displayed when the queen came to Dublin.

getzls wrote: »
    Maybe he is waiting for the D.F.M. to condemn the burning of "the other sides " flags at the interment day bonfires.

don't say that. republicans are victims, are extremely tolerant (so long as you do not dare disagree with them) and do no evil deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

if we examine the tricolour issue then we should examine our hatred towards the British flag which could not be displayed when the queen came to Dublin.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0518/queenelizabethday2_gallery.html
    If it could not be displayed how come it was flying over Government Buildings, and a soldier was bearing one in the Garden of Rememberance. And the army outriders had them displayed on their motorcycles.

Granted I didn't see the public waving little Union Flags in glee but I didn't see them waving little tri-colours either. And I don't remember other national flags being widely displayed during visits by other monarchs/heads of state (Obama excepted of course but he's one of our own ;)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The point is not about the dislike of a flag, it is about the provokation of AN ORGANISATION (the OO) with sectarianism at it's heart and the official sanctioning of that organisation and therefore sectarianism. Please deal with that issue and stop the whataboutery.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The point is not about the dislike of a flag, it is about the provokation of AN ORGANISATION (the OO) with sectarianism at it's heart and the official sanctioning of that organisation and therefore sectarianism. Please deal with that issue and stop the whataboutery.

Then what has burning a Polish flag got to do with it?

Advertisement