Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

getz wrote: »
    i have been unable to get the link up from the magill archives in 1989,but i have found the study on a ian paisleys website, ianpaisley.org/artical.asap%3FArtKey%Dtreatment

That doesn't link to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

This will tell you all you need to know about the OO(25 minutes or so in):mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tAffvb7pNMo

Sorry had to answer the front door!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Madam wrote: »

what a pair of pr1ck5 in that vid.... yes there is an empty flagpole behind you nick griffin, go and hang your b011icks out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

That band from dungannon at about 25mins were awful :D not one of them could play the tin whistle. Cats scraping on a tin roof would sound better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Nick Griffin, anti gay unionists, unionist history replete with them fighting against peoples civil liberties and yet according to some hear theres massive discrimantion going on in the south. Pot meet kettle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This would be the Nick Griffin that had the BNP trying to recruit Irish members through its website?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Nick Griffin, anti gay unionists, unionist history replete with them fighting against peoples civil liberties and yet according to some hear theres massive discrimantion going on in the south. Pot meet kettle!

Edit that again Steddy.

You're spelling is bloody awful.:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Three tossers. "No surrender", lol. No decent person of any religious persuasion/background up North or in Britain takes that Griffin clown seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

getzls wrote: »
    Edit that again Steddy.

If it's only his spelling that you're concerned with, then I can assume that you have no reason to rebut any of his claims.

Whilst watching Woodoo's Youtube link, I was honestly surprised by the warmth of a welcome Nick Griffin received at the Covenant Celebrations. People were literally lining up to get a copy of his autograph and to have their picture taken with him! I believe he even commented on his Twitter about how well he was received that day.

All this for an odious man who is rightfully reviled in his home Country. So, why is he such an attractive figure to those involved in the Loyal Orders?

Ach, some people just get too uptight about things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

steddyeddy wrote: »

Edit that again Steddy.

When they criticise your spelling thats when you know they have no comeback bud ;-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ach, some people just get too uptight about things.

If you were stuck with them outside your gaff, you'd be a bit uptight yourself.

Nodin wrote: »
    If you were stuck with them outside your gaff, you'd be a bit uptight yourself.

Whooooooooosssshhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

If it's only his spelling that you're concerned with, then I can assume that you have no reason to rebut any of his claims.

Whilst watching Woodoo's Youtube link, I was honestly surprised by the warmth of a welcome Nick Griffin received at the Covenant Celebrations. People were literally lining up to get a copy of his autograph and to have their picture taken with him! I believe he even commented on his Twitter about how well he was received that day.

All this for an odious man who is rightfully reviled in his home Country. So, why is he such an attractive figure to those involved in the Loyal Orders?
    The orange order were the first fascist organization - of course he was welcomed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

OK you say anti-gay Unionists.

Do you mean all Unionists are anti-gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

HoggyRS wrote: »
    They are absolute scum of the earth. Is this an example of the "culture" they expect us to respect?

videos here:

I would have put my handbag down in the middle of the circle and started dancing and shaking my little bootie.:P

I would have offended everyone equally with my wanton behavouir.

I say it probably makes things worse when the south gets involved.

As for them coming up here..no it is not part of our culture. And any talk of us joining the common wealth should be politely rebutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I would have put my handbag down in the middle of the circle and started dancing and shaking my little bootie.:P

I would have offended everyone equally with my wanton behavouir.

I say it probably makes things worse when the south gets involved.

As for them coming up here..no it is not part of our culture. And any talk of us joining the common wealth should be politely rebutted.
    You'd have gotten the crap beaten out of you

As for the "south getting involved" they already are, we all are, this happened in Ireland, its Irish people doing it and Irish citizens suffering.

Kindly leave aside the partitionist nonsense - pretending that its nothing to do with you does no one any favours. Thats what makes things worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Nick Griffin and the BNP vigorously campaign against the influx of hostile religious fanatics into their homeland but yet support and celebrate the introduction of hostile religious fanatics into our homeland.

Loyalism has always appealed to the lowest common denominator on the British mainland.This appeal exposes the hypocrisy of the common anti immigration stance amongst groups like the BNP,EDL,Combat 18,National Front etc

You'd have gotten the crap beaten out of you

As for the "south getting involved" they already are, we all are, this happened in Ireland, its Irish people doing it and Irish citizens suffering.

Kindly leave aside the partitionist nonsense - pretending that its nothing to do with you does no one any favours. Thats what makes things worse.

Um no i would not have.

The South is thankfully not involved.
    No it is not my country. Partition is the reality, to leave it aside is fantasy.

The majority of nationalists want NI to rmain part of the UK. Does that not suggest they want the UK to deal with it?

It is not my country. I would put the republic's interests first. They have always put the North's interests first.

It did not happen in the republic of Ireland, which is my country. I want my country put first especially now.

The people 'doing it' are the ones who would be offended i would wager if you called them Irish. And the rest are starting to find a separate NI identity.

They are culturally Irish but politically British. With that comes the reality that the south can't keep dealing with it at huge political expense.

To be honest what do the vast majority of people in the north contribute to the Rep of Ireland? Some individuals contribute to to sports and the arts but on the whole they contribute to GB.

It is attitudes like yours that are actually harming them more. You guys are your own worst enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Here's a decent documentary about an Orange Order Lodge.

I remember seeing a different documentary about a Scottish OOL and one of the senior members called deValera a fascist and said that fascism was the default political standpoint of a Roman Catholic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

getz wrote: »
    how can you stand there with a straight face and say that,we are talking about 18% of irishmen who left ireland to go to another country because they were protestant,it seems strange to me to see that northern irelands population never changes dispite the troubles,yet south of the border over 40,000 young irishmen are leaving the country every year to live in protestant foreign countries like england,scotland,wales and northern ireland,

I already said they left because they wanted to, they weren't driven out anyway thats for sure, no anti protestant riots or anti protestant laws. 18% seems rather high i suspect you might be making that up, either way the discrimination you're talking about never happened in any way, shape or form compared to what was going on up north against Catholics.

Sindri wrote: »

I remember seeing a different documentary about a Scottish OOL and one of the senior members called deValera a fascist and said that fascism was the default political standpoint of a Roman Catholic.

DeValera had definite facist tendencies and credentials...obviously the Catholic statement is BS...

The whole republican movement is quite repressive and tolerates no other point of view from other Irish people.

DeValera stripped a lot of rights and gfreedoms from Irish people. Censorship was huge.

jugger0 wrote: »
    I already said they left because they wanted to, they weren't driven out anyway thats for sure, no anti protestant riots or anti protestant laws. 18% seems rather high i suspect you might be making that up, either way the discrimination you're talking about never happened in any way, shape or form compared to what was going on up north against Catholics.

The reason they stay is because they are well subsidised the reason people in the ROI do not is because they are not.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Go on, ye ginger cnuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Sindri wrote: »

Whatever about the OO, you can hardly dispute the claim that Facisim is the default position of the Roman Catholic Church, it always was and always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

They are culturally Irish but politically British. With that comes the reality that the south can't keep dealing with it at huge political expense.

To be honest what do the vast majority of people in the north contribute to the Rep of Ireland? Some individuals contribute to to sports and the arts but on the whole they contribute to GB.

It is attitudes like yours that are actually harming them more. You guys are your own worst enemies.

So basically NIMBY....? I don't even know where to start with your post to be honest.....just my opinion so ...meh... But your post made me a little ashamed to be from the South.... A lot of people have fought long and hard physically and verbally to make 'it' part of the Republic and you are happy to glibly give it away because it is too much effort...

Slurryface wrote: »
    Whatever about the OO, you can hardly dispute the claim that Facisim is the default position of the Roman Catholic Church, it always was and always will be.

I suspect that Facism by it's loosest definition could be used to describe almost any Religion.

Um no i would not have.

The South is thankfully not involved.
    No it is not my country. Partition is the reality, to leave it aside is fantasy.

The majority of nationalists want NI to rmain part of the UK. Does that not suggest they want the UK to deal with it?

It is not my country. I would put the republic's interests first. They have always put the North's interests first.

It did not happen in the republic of Ireland, which is my country. I want my country put first especially now.

The people 'doing it' are the ones who would be offended i would wager if you called them Irish. And the rest are starting to find a separate NI identity.

The highlighted part is an oxymoron.

I'm finding it quite difficult to pinpoint precisely what your attitude toward the North actually is. It's colored either by contempt or apathy; I'm not entirely sure which.

Regardless, I believe it would be unwise to assume that the Republic has little to do with the North, either politically or socially. Since the signing of the Anglo-Irish Agreement, I can assure you that Ireland has been deeply involved in Northern Irish politics.

You must also realise that the Border between our two Nations is practically invisible - often nothing but a small speed sign at the side of the road. We cross this divide constantly, either to work or to visit family, friends, and loved ones. Whether you like it or not, you can't deny that our two Nations are so intricately linked that we can't help but have an influence on eachother.

OK you say anti-gay Unionists.

Do you mean all Unionists are anti-gay?

Are there any Unionist Political Parties that are in favour of same-sex Marriage?

I believe only three Unionist Assembly Members in Stormont voted in favour of the proposal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement